Author Topic: BURGERKILL (Indo) - The Invasion Of Noise II: WA Tour [29th-31st Jan 2010]  (Read 6452 times)

Offline BlackDeath

• SUPREME LEGION Operative
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • SUPREME LEGION FaceBook Page

Early '09 saw Indonesian metal titans BURGERKILL bring their Invasion Of Noise down under for the very first time in support of their latest album Beyond Coma And Despair (distributed in Australia via Xenophobic). They dominated crowds during the band's own headlining side-shows and appearance opening the metal stage at this year's SoundWave festival, in turn earning them a legion of new Australian fans.

Now, with going on 15 years under their belts and an anticipated new album in the works, BURGERKILL's next year is shaping up to be even bigger than it's last as the band kick off 2010 by heading back to WA to once again unleash on Aussie audiences, including at next year's Big Day Out!

Friday, 29th January
INVASION OF NOISE II
CHARLES HOTEL,
North Perth
w/CLAIM THE THRONE, ARKARION & MHORGL
Doors Open 8pm - 18+ - Entry Only $12

Saturday, 30th January
CHILDREN OF THE HORNS Mini-Fest
HQ SkatePark,
Leederville
w/MALIGNANT MONSTER, NEVERBORN, GROTESQUE,
SINS OF THE FATHER & WRATH OF FENRIR
First Band 4pm - All Ages - Entry Only $15

Sunday, 31st January
BIG DAY OUT Festival
SHOWGROUNDS,
Claremont
w/MASTODON, FEAR FACTORY, THE MARS VOLTA & HUMAN EXTINCTION PROJECT + More

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:26:34 PM by BlackDeath »
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Re: BURGERKILL (Indo) - The Invasion Of Noise II: WA Tour [Jan 2010]
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 05:55:40 PM »
Awesome! I knew rushing to grab my BDO ticket wasn't such a bad idea now. :P

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »
i'll definatley be at the charles, probably come along to HQ too, fuck the BDO

but congrats to burgerkill getting on the line-up anyways
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:41:18 PM »
Yes Charles for sure. Thinking of going to BDO mainly for FearFactory.

Offline goatlady

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • heaps bad
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 10:17:43 PM »
Yes Charles for sure. Thinking of going to BDO mainly for FearFactory.

I would almost pay the money, just to see Fear Factory... but then I remembered, 40+ degree day, 40,000 hipster kids and Triple J bunnies, $5 bottles of water, 50 other shitty bands...

Fear Factory will come back and play a sensible club gig :)

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 11:26:09 PM »
So did FF end up settling who owned the rights to the band then? What happened with that?

Offline goatlady

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • heaps bad
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »
So did FF end up settling who owned the rights to the band then? What happened with that?

Given that the lineup with Burton, Dino, Byron Stroud and Gene Hoglan had to cancel a whole bunch of dates because of the legal issue and now they're releasing an album and touring with that lineup, I can only assume they settled with Christian and Raymond.

Heard the Arkaea album? I was hoping for great things, but the singer dude makes their FF riffage sound like it's been remixed by Linkin Park. Not cool.

Offline xenophobic

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
BURGERKILL BACK TO AUSTRALIAN SOIL.. to perform at BIG DAY OUT!!!
plus two local show;
29 JANUARY 2010 CHARLES ST HOTEL PERTH

30 JANUARY 2010 YMCA HQ YOUTH CENTRE LEEDERVILLE WA

31 JANUARY 2010
BIG DAY OUT CLAREMONT SHOW GROUND WA

Originating from Bandung, West Java, Burgerkill were formed in 1995 and have been continually shaping the underground metal scene in Indonesia ever since. For 14 years Burgerkill have consistently been in the spotlight as a force to be reckoned with in Indonesian metal, from writing compositions for movie soundtracks to the successful publication of autobiographic novels.Their first album, 'Dua Sisi', demonstrates the band's beginings as leaning towards predominantly Hardcore Metal and was well received within the underground metal community. With their second album 'Berkarat' and their most recent 'Beyond Coma and Despair' Burgerkill have found their foot-hole and developed a style of their own. Burgerkill set the standard for live metal performances in Indonesia, and have always been a clear cut above the rest. What you hear on the album is what you get live ? no disappointments. Their style and level of performance are incomparable to anything previously seen or heard in Indonesia. Burgerkill have become veterans of the metal stage as they are regularly supporting international metal acts touring Indonesia, such as The Black Dahlia Murder, Helloween, As I Lay Dying, and Himsa.

Recently the sound that is Burgerkill has been heard across continent to Australia and 2009 saw the band perform on Australian soil. Burgerkill headlined their own Western Australian tour, 'The Invasion of Noise' with the support of local metal bands. Following the 'Invasion of Noise' tour, Burgerkill performed alongside such bands as Devil Driver, In Flames, Lamb of God, and All That Remains as part tof the Soundwave Festival, Perth 2009. As stated by Randy Blythe (Lamb of God) Burgerkill were easily one of the best metal acts he saw on the tour. Upon their return from Australia Burgerkill have kept themselves busy by doing back-to-back tours across South East Asia, and in October 2009 they hit the road again on the 'Allegiance to Metal' tour across Java with Australia's own Psycroptic before heading back to the studio to write their long awaited fourth album planned for release mid 2010. An impenetrable force, Burgerkill have been relentless in their attack on the Indonesian metal scene and are now ready to conquer the world. Burgerkill are more than ready for the international scene and to follow their dream of touring the world.
BURGERKILL?Beyond coma and despair?OUT NOW !! IN AUSTRALIA through XENOPHOBIC RECORDS
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:28:08 PM by BlackDeath »

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 07:05:19 AM »
Haha their "Foot-hole".   ;D

See you next month boys.   ;D

Offline BlackDeath

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »
As you can see in Xenophobic/Jason's above post, GROTESQUE have been added to the "Children Of The Horns" All-Ages show!
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 04:13:26 PM »
Going to be a brutal weekend :headbang:
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline BlackDeath

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 08:55:30 AM »
With NEVERBORN "decimating" audiences for a solid few weeks, we've decided against overkill and invited MHORGL to replace them at the Charles Hotel on the 29th (apologies to anyone for the inconvenience), so be sure to make it to the HQ event also.

Speaking of which, the Children Of The Horns Mini-Fest line-up is now completed...MALIGNANT MONSTER have been confirmed, as has the debut of new band WRATH OF FENRIR!

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 03:54:55 AM »
This will be WRATH OF FENRIR's first gig, and what a show to be a part of!

Our sound would be most accurately described as 'Blackened Pagan death metal' and is heavily influenced by the likes of: Amon Amarth, Immortal, Moonsorrow Ensiferum etc.

Huge thanks to WADE and JASON for the opportunity to share the stage with Indonesia's BURGERKILL for our debut.  :headbang:

Offline Cunty the Sardine

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 10:19:35 PM »
With NEVERBORN "decimating" audiences for a solid few weeks, we've decided against overkill and invited MHORGL to replace them at the Charles Hotel on the 29th (apologies to anyone for the inconvenience), so be sure to make it to the HQ event also.

Speaking of which, the Children Of The Horns Mini-Fest line-up is now completed...MALIGNANT MONSTER have been confirmed, as has the debut of new band WRATH OF FENRIR!

Did ya tell any of us about it? We were all a bit surprised when mike told us at band last night and he saw it on facebook.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 01:00:09 AM »
Don't worry about it.  Daz is gonna tear him a new arse.   :)

Offline BlackDeath

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 11:26:51 AM »
Don't worry about it.  Daz is gonna tear him a new arse.   :)

More like saved yours, Jez.

I explained and apologised for the inconvenience already, but to clarify...apart from being the meat in the sandwich, it was a decision originally brought up by Jason and made (in the best interest of both NEVERBORN and the HQ show) late Sunday night (not a month ago or the week before the gig) so obviously neither of us were about to message anyone at midnight.

I understand the issue about lack of communication, although I'm sure you made a now deleted reply before I got around to messaging the guys stating something about it being a good weekend with some grin icons originally. Unfortunately, I assumed you'd taken it on board and would've informed the others, but it appears you've somehow missed the up-date...hence me receiving Daz's e-mail this morning elaborating.

In any case, most of you frequent here or FaceBook almost as regularly as your mobile phone or e-mail anyway, and the info simply needed up-dating ASAP...it wasn't a decision that required the band's authorisation to be posted.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 04:23:30 PM »
More like saved yours, Jez. I'm sure you made a now deleted reply....
You know I did and I'm well aware that you've read it.   I admit that under light of the new information it was way too harsh, but it was OUR choice to remove it, so you can lose the veiled threats.

It wasn't a decision that required the band's authorisation to be posted.
No it didn't.  It is Jason's gig and he can do whatever he wants.  But it would have been polite, hence the less than polite response.
 Straight after writing my unpleasant post I called Daz to discuss whether it should be deleted, and he agreed.  We stood up for ourselves, simple as that.  Any other band should have the balls to do the same.  I don't need to tell you that I am not blessed with a wealth of tact or diplomacy.
 You have stood up for yourself and said your piece, and Jason gave us the reasons for the mistake, they were actually not just valid but quite flattering.  It has also reopened dialogue about the indonesian tour, so it has worked out very well.

Wade mate, there are no hard feelings here, We are more than happy to have a night off with our current schedule. 
As far as I'm concerned the issue is done, but feel free to call me if you wish to discuss this more.

Offline BlackDeath

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 08:30:16 PM »
More like saved yours, Jez. I'm sure you made a now deleted reply....
You know I did and I'm well aware that you've read it.   I admit that under light of the new information it was way too harsh, but it was OUR choice to remove it, so you can lose the veiled threats.

It wasn't a decision that required the band's authorisation to be posted.
No it didn't.  It is Jason's gig and he can do whatever he wants.  But it would have been polite, hence the less than polite response.
 Straight after writing my unpleasant post I called Daz to discuss whether it should be deleted, and he agreed.  We stood up for ourselves, simple as that.  Any other band should have the balls to do the same.  I don't need to tell you that I am not blessed with a wealth of tact or diplomacy.
 You have stood up for yourself and said your piece, and Jason gave us the reasons for the mistake, they were actually not just valid but quite flattering.  It has also reopened dialogue about the indonesian tour, so it has worked out very well.

Wade mate, there are no hard feelings here, We are more than happy to have a night off with our current schedule. 
As far as I'm concerned the issue is done, but feel free to call me if you wish to discuss this more.

Again, the decision was only made and posted late Sunday night, and by Monday morning you'd already made a reply leaving me incorrectly assuming you'd seen the up-date before a message could have been sent.

I understand you're flat out and stressed with everything going on...the "veiled threat" was more pointing out that you're lucky I'm a friend of the band though, as another promoter might not have taken it so lightly and it could have put future shows/supports in jepoardy.

Anyway, done and dusted...no hard feelings.  ;)

Offline BlackDeath

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »
The official The Invasion Of Noise 2 tour poster has now been up-loaded, along with a Children Of The Horns Mini-Fest one also, so expect to be bombarded with flyers at up-coming gigs.  ;D

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 07:56:40 AM »
Is this Tour W.A only or is it interstate?

Offline BlackDeath

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »
Is this Tour W.A only or is it interstate?

WA only...the guys will probably return for a full Australian tour once they finish up the eagerly-awaited follow up to their latest release Beyond Coma And Despair, tentatively scheduled for release mid 2010.

Next weekend!

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: BURGERKILL (Indo) - The Invasion Of Noise II: WA Tour [29th-31st Jan 2010]
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 09:43:50 PM »
Funny name though. Burgerkill. What next PizzaHomicide? KebabMassacre? ;D

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 12:18:35 AM »
ESL bandnames rule  :laugh:

Offline BlackDeath

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 02:30:37 AM »
Shows kick off tomorrow night!

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 02:45:56 AM »
Shows kick off tomorrow night!

Going to be a good weekend, can't wait to play tomorrow night, though I have conjunctivitis which is just starting to cleare up, hope its all good for 2moro, I'll play blind if I have too :P
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com