Author Topic: driver detective cunt  (Read 1887 times)

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
driver detective cunt
« on: December 20, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »
I downloaded a proggie called "driver detective" which basicly scans the compy and tells you if your drivers a out of date etc.
anyway, as suspected, half my computer is out of date. so started the process of updating shit.
long story short the computer is now fuckn rooted beyond belief giving me error messages such as missing dll file, error occured in this and fucking that. i cant do anything now, cant even do a system restore.

anyone heard about this driver detective program before? any ideas how to fix this cunt? i envisage a full reinstall of everything (except driver detective) and a whole lot of bad attitude to go with it.

constructive opinions only please hahahah ahhhh fuckn computers!  cheers :'(

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: driver detective cunt
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »
Either it's a virus you got with the original program or one of the new drivers (did you scan every file you downloaded?). Or it could be that you installed the wrong drivers causing a conflict. Either way without looking at it I would suggest you just format your comp or at the very least don't use credit cards or sign into your online banking until you have it sorted. Also make sure if your using your email account you don't have any sensitive information stored in your account... or just don't use your email.

Update all your security programs and scan your comp (What security programs are you using btw?).

If you can not be 100% sure your comp is not infected then just format it, better to be safe than sorry. (Scans coming up clean does not necessarily mean you are safe).

If you can be 100% it's not infected then it must be your drivers. If you can isolate which drivers are causing the issues you could try wiping them with a program such as driver cleaner pro (though I'm not sure you can get this free anymore). There are a few similar programs. The trouble with driver cleaners however is they tend to delete stuff you need sometimes which will leave you in a more fucked up situation than you were already in. So basically unless you know someone who is good with computers who can actually come and see what is going on I'd suggest you just format and save yourself the hassle of trying a bunch of shit that probably wont work.

Also next time you get an error message right down exactly what it says and post it here just in case.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:16:05 PM by chantian_deanie »

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 02:45:36 PM »
With drivers you can basically assume if you didn't get it yesterday, it's out of date.

For most people it really isn't that important to keep them up to date. It's a case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »
You might have to reformat it buddy. Just make sure you back up all your shit to a separate hard drive first.

I feel your pain. Computers can be real cunts at the very worst of times!

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »
yeah Nihilist, i agree with the out of date thing, the fuckn world has gone mad i tells ya. anyway, on that though, they be pretty frickn old some of these, dating back when the compy was first bought, i dunno maybe 5 years. the catalyst control and all that shiza.
i thought i had it going ok again but nup she just tried to dick out again just then. fuckn whore. the whole screen just went balck and flicked off and on then came back on. The main issue was i have a ethernet usb adapter thingy that this driver dicktective mustve trashed, so i had to roll it back.

Chantian, im using AVG.

Yep fuck this bucket of ***********************!!!!! im gonna have to wipe the cunt and start again. there goes another 4 terabyte on fuckn updates. motherfuckers. Im gonna try to roll back all drivers first. i doubt it'll work as im bound to miss fuckn one which will be enough to fuck the whole thing.

Thanks for the info blokes.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 08:17:57 PM »
ok all done now, driver defective was thrown off the case. gerrgh herrgh herrgh herrgh. ::)

Offline macgyver

• WF Major
  • RDAs Love Child
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »
Plain and simple, if your computer is working fine and all the features work as required, just leave your bios and drivers alone. And if you HAVE to have the latest drivers for whatever reason, spend them time and go grab em one by one from the manufacturer so when somehtinggoes wrong you know exactly what you changed.

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 06:17:05 PM »
Plain and simple, if your computer is working fine and all the features work as required, just leave your bios and drivers alone. And if you HAVE to have the latest drivers for whatever reason, spend them time and go grab em one by one from the manufacturer so when somehtinggoes wrong you know exactly what you changed.

+1

That's the first thing I learnt working in IT - If it aint broke, don't fix it!

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 03:24:05 AM »
Is there an echo in here?
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.