Author Topic: Sins Of The Father- Wanted: Vocals, Bass, Drums  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Sins Of The Father

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Sins Of The Father- Wanted: Vocals, Bass, Drums
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
Alright alright, its been too long between drinks...

Im planning on getting Sins running again but will need the help of some talented individuals.
Planning on doing some shows and recording the bullshit overdue second album.

In terms of what direction Sins will go, well its been 3 years since the debut album and even then all that material was mainly written when I was much younger and full of piss and vinegar.
There has been tons and tons of new influences and the beauty of Sins is that it is not limited to once particular style of "metal".

If you feel you have something to contribute, something to say, something to express via the Sins brand then read below.

Vocalists:
If you can sound like Chris Cornell circa BadMotorFinger contact me now!
Other influences are highly encouraged, you will need the ability to sing fairly aggressive ala Anselmo, Cavelera. Something like Devin Townsed/Strapping. Good clean singing will be a desired attribute but not absolutely necessary. Any Layne Staley sound a likes are a shoe in, providing you leave the dang strap at home.

Bass:
Good equipment is a must, if you cant bring the lo' down dont apply. Forward thinking and a good sense of songwriting will be highly valued.

Drums:
OK il need some friggin good luck for this. You will need to have good equipment, and be pretty awesome at drums, if not amazing. Mario Duplantier, Gene Hoglan and Brann Dailor in one.

Stage presence, personality and charisma is something that cant be taught so If you dont like acting like your literally on fire on stage please rethink your application.

Jamming at least once a week at a rehearsal space is required if gigs are booked. I also have a full jam/live recording set up at my place for night jams/demos etc

For anyone interested or knows of someone interested you can contact Matt @

https://www.facebook.com/SINSOFTHEFATHER.PERTH

or

mattcorica@hotmail.com

:headbang:

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
Re: Sins Of The Father- Wanted: Vocals, Bass, Drums
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 04:20:42 PM »
Good to hear.. interested to see what come of this :)

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 09:15:51 AM »
Good luck man, the 'most recent/final' track you posted with the last lineup showed a HUGE leap up from the debut. Hope something good comes out of it.

Would be a real shame for you guys to be added to the list of Perth metal bands that did one album and then disapeared.
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
Cheers for the kind words guys  :headbang:, yeah its been eating me for awhile, so many cool ideas which I havnt been able to develop in a natural jamming environment. Running between the elec drums and the guitar can kill motivation quickly. Buying new guitars does help though lol

Peace out guys, hope all is well.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 07:37:54 AM »
Cheers for the kind words guys  :headbang:, yeah its been eating me for awhile, so many cool ideas which I havnt been able to develop in a natural jamming environment. Running between the elec drums and the guitar can kill motivation quickly. Buying new guitars does help though lol

Peace out guys, hope all is well.

and sweet guitars they are too!

I can cover the Cavalera/Anselmo side of the vocals easily (except Cemetery Gates etc hahaha), but my range is pretty limited, and my life doesn't really allow being in a band these days.

Hope you get something back together. I loved Sins way back when. Cool vibe and great tunes.
Mongeese like results

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:24:56 PM »
Having similar problems with Inanimacy at the moment dude so will be posting something similar in the near future.  Good to see you're not giving up when a lot of people would especially cause I believe you were one of the good bands locally and had quite a strong following.  Hope something comes up and if I come up with some free time I may even audition as a vocalist.

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
Is Jordz still involved or is it just you?

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 08:54:48 AM »
Cheers Jamie  :headbang:
Just myself at the moment, I have spoken with him about it a few times but I believe he is happy doing his own thing, just jamming and tracking songs for himself. Im happy for him if not slightly jealous that he doesnt have that urge to want to take it further. I can sit and jam all day but the visions of grandeur get the better of me.