Author Topic: The Tale of HappySinner and WarNick  (Read 37313 times)

Offline HappySinner

• WF Colonel
  • I am the Anti-Bling!
    • View Profile
    • Graham Greene Website
Re: The Tale of HappySinner and WarNick
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2006, 04:38:30 AM »
Just let me get to the end of this thing and have a breather, and we'll talk.
Raw Brutal Maxixe.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2006, 05:40:30 AM »
Haha. Nihilist would have been more fitting as the Keeper than Me. He has an obsession with dead people. Then again there could be another character for him in this story. 8)

Offline HappySinner

• WF Colonel
  • I am the Anti-Bling!
    • View Profile
    • Graham Greene Website
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2006, 07:32:54 AM »
The Keeper wasn't a necrophile - he just had a thing for gastropods.   :)
Raw Brutal Maxixe.

Offline HappySinner

• WF Colonel
  • I am the Anti-Bling!
    • View Profile
    • Graham Greene Website
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2006, 10:19:29 AM »
The Tale of HappySinner and WarNick
Part 21.

“Better?” asked Sinner as he sat down once again opposite his friend. Nick had recovered his composure and control of his stomach, and Sinner had calmly cleaned up as the younger man sat in stunned silence, occasionally scowling and shaking his head.
“I think so” replied Nick. Sinner had poured a fresh goblet of wine, but the warrior had yet to touch it. “Sinner, I’m sorry that I...”
“Pah!” interrupted Sinner, waving a large, long-fingered hand. “For what? Lad, lesser men have lost their minds after an encounter with The Orms! This thing sucks the essence out of anything that takes his fancy. You survived. You are stronger than most. That is why you are here. That is also why The Orms wants you. Your bloodline holds something that he will stop at nothing to get - something he needs for conquest of this world - and... well, he wants me for a trophy, but most of all, to settle an old score.” Sinner smiled enigmatically and sipped his wine.

Nick stared at his companion for a moment, started to shake his head, and then stopped himself. There were so many layers to this lanky minstrel from the Northern Lands that it seemed to Nick that he may never meet the real person at the core of this man sitting across from him.
“You have had your own meeting with The Orms, then.”
Sinner looked at Nick over the rim of his goblet for a moment, then placed the vessel on the table between them. “Long ago, we had dealings, yes.”
“And?”
That same enigmatic smile flitted briefly across Sinner’s chiseled features.
“The Orms didn’t get his way.”
“What happened?” Nick was ready for some answers. After his last unpleasant revelation, he had a deep need to know what had happened, and what was happening to bring them both to this point in time, to this place.
Knowing this all too well, Sinner spoke.
“When The Orms first became aware of and decided to enslave and devour this world, his desires were known in his realm, where it was decided that he not be allowed to destroy so many innocent souls. To prevent this, the world had to be protected from his rapacious appetite for the human essence, and so a plan was hastily conceived to connect with the planet itself, so that it may help its children survive and continue.” Sinner smiled, almost to himself.
“And so the priests came.”

Nick was determined to understand fully. “The other creatures in The Orms’ dimension wanted to protect us from him, so they made contact with our planet? How?” This was sounding incredible already!
“The crystals.” replied Sinner. “In and under the Mountains of the Rim there are vast deposits of organic crystal, and they form a conduit to the very soul of the planet, which is an amalgam of the essence of every living thing on it, plant or animal, seen and unseen. The Priests came to us to facilitate the connexion, and to guide the people of our world in ways that would keep The Orms at bay - and one day perhaps find a way to rid ourselves forever of his scourge.
When the Priests came, they had to make contact with our kind in a way that would not spark terror among the people. They chose the kingdom of Merrin, at the base of the Mountains of the Rim with its already highly developed spiritual society, as the point of initial contact with us. The person they chose to reveal themselves to for the first time was the King himself.”

Nick’s eyes widened. “So there was a king - the great King of Merrin!” He took a drink of his wine, not tasting a drop.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 10:26:35 AM by HappySinner »
Raw Brutal Maxixe.

Offline HappySinner

• WF Colonel
  • I am the Anti-Bling!
    • View Profile
    • Graham Greene Website
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2006, 07:46:51 AM »
The Tale of HappySinner and WarNick
Part 22.

“Indeed, there was, lad. And from an ancient line. Head of State, Spiritual leader, Protector of all Merrinites.” Sinner’s voice took on a singsong pitch as he recited the titles, and he smiled crookedly as he reached for his wine.
Nick smiled back, but silently noted the northerner’s almost mocking tone when referring to the man - the King - who had once led his entire people, and who had had first communion with the priests from another dimension, and then... what? A strange attitude from such a noble and righteous man, he thought to himself.
“What was his name?” Nick asked.
“Graywyn. King Graywyn from the time he was thirteen. He was well out of his childhood and an experienced ruler by the time the priests came.” Sinner looked at his wine as he swirled it around the goblet, but didn’t drink.

“King Graywyn...” said Nick, half to himself. “How did the priests contact him? Did they appear in a vision? Surely they didn’t appear as beautiful demons.”
Sinner chuckled. “No, lad, the priests are as the priests are - small and gentle as garden sprites, but powerful beyond belief. They appear to be children at first, until you look into their eyes. Then you see who they really are.” No longer smiling, Sinner continued; “The King was on retreat at the Royal Stronghold, a good ten days’ march into the Mountains of the Rim. During such a time, staff and guards are at a minimum, as the place itself is impregnable to attack, and the King is in no danger whilst within its walls. Beneath the Royal Stronghold, within the flesh of the mountains themselves is the Chapel of Ancestors, where the King could meditate and commune with his ancestral bloodline. Only a person of royal blood could enter, and it so turned out that the Chapel was in the perfect place for what was to become the nexus between the realms.”
“The Priests came to The King in his Chapel?”
“So it is said. Not long after that, King Graywyn left his kingdom in the care of the Priests and the power of The Spheres, never to return... in body.” Sinner paused, and sipped his wine reflectively.
“Never to return? Why? What do you mean, in body?” Nick’s head was spinning with new information and even newer questions. “Did he die?”
“No - you remember that there was a reason for the Priests coming to our world. The Orms had designs on us for his own gain, and was a powerful foe, even by the Priests’ standards. Already aware of our planet, he of course sensed when the Priests first communed with King Graywyn so close to the crystal core of the Mountains of the Rim. There was a psychic wave of energy that was felt in both dimensions. The Orms saw an opening to the very core of the world’s life essence in the King, and attacked. The first communion became a battle for the planet, and the King himself was the battlefield.” Sinner drew deeply on his wine and sighed.
Nick’s wine was forgotten. “Well, The Orms obviously didn’t win, because we’re still here. You’re saying the Priests had to battle The Orms for the soul of the King of Merrin?”
“Yes. Because it was a psychic attack, not a physical one, the Priests had to defend in a like manner. The Priests had the measure of The Orms, but they were also aided by an unexpected ally.”
“Who?”
“The King himself. The energy generated by the struggle within and around him infused him with a little of both forces, amplified by the enclosing mountain crystal. The communion with the Priests was almost complete when The Orms attacked, so the King was fully aware of what was happening, but unused to his new perception. It took him a while to gain control of his ‘new’ psyche, and realize that he was now in gestalt with the Priests, the Spheres, and the Planet. Once he focused that energy on The Orms, it was over. The Orms was driven out of Graywyn, off the planet and into hiding to lick his wounds, and the planet was now in harmony with the Spheres. The King, however, faced a quandary. His mind, while having survived the experience and gained great power, had been sorely tried in the psychic battle, and was still adjusting to its new level of awareness. He was still just a man - albeit a king - and he had to adapt to his new... condition.”
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 07:49:45 AM by HappySinner »
Raw Brutal Maxixe.

Offline HappySinner

• WF Colonel
  • I am the Anti-Bling!
    • View Profile
    • Graham Greene Website
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2006, 07:48:58 AM »
Nick had been watching his friend as he spoke. As Sinner had told the story of the King’s communion with the Priests, his features had taken on the same strange cast as when he had explained the Priests to Nick earlier. Sinner was now sitting silently, aware that he was being studied, his skin now almost glowing with that same inner energy. Nick thought that when he was like this, Sinner looked almost young enough to pass as his brother. That thought snapped a vague awareness into perfect focus. Nick placed his goblet on the table and leaned back in his chair, staring at his companion with a look of growing amazement.
Sinner raised his eyebrows. “Yes, lad?”

“The King” said Nick. “His quandary was that he could no longer lead his people, yet could not abdicate in favour of another.”
Sinner said nothing, but his eyes widened imperceptibly, anticipating.
“The King was now more than just a man” declared the young warrior, his thoughts becoming clearer - yet more incredible - as he continued. “He was the human part of the energy that protected the planet, and was even more than the Priests had reckoned on, or hoped for. But he couldn’t stay in Merrin. He had to find a way of spreading the energy across the world, among all the tribes and peoples, without exposing them to a reality - however benevolent - that would doubtless drive the less enlightened into a terrified frenzy. It had to be done in a human way, understandable to all men, women and children, and it had to be done by Graywyn. Yet how could a King travel amongst the peoples of our world and be accepted equally by all? Especially one that had to conceal his real gifts. No, he couldn’t be the King. He had to become someone else, someone fluent in a language understood by all. Someone who could come and go in a place without too much attention being paid to his whereabouts or destination, just that it was good when he was around, and he was good to listen to. He just felt good to be around. He had that good energy about him.”
The full realization had dawned on Nick now, and he was visibly shaking as he continued in a rush;
“This had to happen so that future generations - our recent ancestors - would be protected from the evil influence of The Orms. The Priests of Merrin are within the Mountains of the Rim, the kingdom without a king is protected as much by legend as it is by its physical attributes, and there is a man who is to this day accepted without question wherever he visits, whenever he calls... How long has he been doing that, Sinner? How long?” Nick gulped a breath of air, and realized he was sweating.

Sinner was sitting very still, his subtly glowing countenance wearing a look of... was it relief?
Under his benevolent gaze, Nick rose and stepped around the low table to stand looking down at his friend. “I had always assumed that it was your grandfather who taught my great-grandfather the guitar in return for a new bow. You say nothing, so I know I’m right. I now know why it is I who must accompany you on this quest.” Nick fell to one knee next to the radiant man in the chair before him, speaking with the pride and honour of a young prince who would one day be a Chieftain himself.

“I am your warrior to command - Your Majesty.”
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 09:11:52 AM by HappySinner »
Raw Brutal Maxixe.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2007, 07:14:53 AM »
Updates? Ihave already done the enitre 6 episode spoof of the Starwars saga based on the WF AND I have almost finished my own little Lord of the Rings type story.  ;D Mind you I probly have more time than you do. ::)

Offline HappySinner

• WF Colonel
  • I am the Anti-Bling!
    • View Profile
    • Graham Greene Website
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »
Sorry mate. Life's been getting in the way.  >:(

'nuther instalment soon - promise.  ;D
Raw Brutal Maxixe.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2010, 11:03:07 PM »
I sense the biggest sham since The Neverending Story.. PART 2 !?

;D
It looks like this IS the Never ending story.

Offline HappySinner

• WF Colonel
  • I am the Anti-Bling!
    • View Profile
    • Graham Greene Website
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2010, 04:11:16 AM »
Sorry about the years of delay, guys. The thing that stopped my creative (?) flow so long ago was the death of my father, and the stream of thought kind of got derailed. However, I have recently been approached (read: hassled out) by a couple of people who have read the yarn so far and insisted that I do something with it. I promise that it won't be too long before I take up the keyboard to continue the story. There is a whole mountain to climb and an epic battle to be fought before we even think about the first draft and rewrite.  ;)
Raw Brutal Maxixe.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2010, 10:39:46 PM »
Thats cool. I have an unfinished story myself. Unfortunatly Westernfront went down and lost a year and a halfs worth of posts and my pc shat itself shortly after and I lost at least 5 or 6 installments. This was a couple of years ago.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2010, 07:44:44 AM »
It's insane to realise that this epic started 4 years ago. Where the hell does time go?!
 :err:

P.S. Sorry to hear about your old man, Graham
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:57:23 AM by TnT »