Poll

Shall we keep the user reputation option enabled?

It's harmless, leave it
37 (50%)
Get rid of it!
19 (25.7%)
Don't care
11 (14.9%)
Call it something else
7 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Reputation: do we want it?  (Read 55065 times)

Offline Katie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Reputation: do we want it?
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2007, 11:21:37 PM »
I didn't say they aren't entitled to an opinion. I respect their right to having their own opinions, but let it be written that I have yet to bitch about what other people have posted. If someone posts things I disagree with, I just ignore it... easy. 8)

I think that's the single most mature post i've read on here all day  :clap:  congrats 'hailed'
Like faerytale dominion rose, A widow to the snow peaks
Wherein reclined the Countess, Limbs purring from the kill
Bathed in virgin white and like the night, Alive and young and unfulfilled

naybobzz

« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2007, 11:32:11 PM »
I didn't say they aren't entitled to an opinion. I respect their right to having their own opinions, but let it be written that I have yet to bitch about what other people have posted. If someone posts things I disagree with, I just ignore it... easy. 8)

I think that's the single most mature post i've read on here all day  :clap:  congrats 'hailed'
;) too fuckin right ey!  :clap:

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2007, 12:51:43 AM »
I think a lot of it could be taken to msn or something of the sort though  ;)
Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline Colonel Hellmoson

• WF Colonel
  • Tanzadamian Safari Hunting Expert!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2007, 01:36:04 AM »
^^ yeah, the conversation type posts:
'oh i did this today'
'really well i did this, how cool!'
'ah yeah i did that a couple of weeks back, but i got bored pretty quickly....guess thats just me! :P'
'yeah i can see why you would get bored, its kinda repetitive, but i enjoy it because it gets me out of the house and do something'
'yeah know what you mean, just being at home can be pretty boring, but i just need to do something that requires me to think a bit more, you know? im just someone with a short attention span.........ooo look a kittie! ;D'
'hahaha that kittie is pretty cool, my cat used to jump onto the flyscreen and scale it line sly stallone in cliffhanger style!......maybe i should set up some string from the door to the stair railing so that the missy (the cat) could traverse its way over, but then halfway it slips and is hanging by one paw then the other one goes and she falls all the way to the floor! man that really sounds like a cool idea! :rofl:'
'hell yeah thats pretty wikid, if you do it, take some pics or a video and dub it with the cliffhanger part where the chick falls to her death! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!' 'hahaha yeah no worries will do, ill do it will my parents are out as they would kill me if they caught me terrorising the cat, its like their second child! ::)'
'hahaha yeah parents are like that! :P'
'....................................what were actually talking about, i forgot and its too hard to go back 4 pages which are full of just us chatting about shit that would be so much easier on msn?'
'i have no idea, but does it matter, its not like the original topic would have stayed on topic for long! :P'
'hahaha yeah nothing on wf stays on topic for longer than 2 pages, i wonder why that is? :hmm:'

wow....sorry about that, got carried away there! :P but yeah that sort of stuff should be on msn, or even on a chat option on the site where you can talk about that stuff with someone else on wf. im pretty sure theres something out there, which would do the job.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2007, 04:41:13 AM »
Maybe you guys should stop posting so much shit in every single fucking thread and you won't get as many smites. Jesus christ, I log onto this site rarely, and the last thing I expect to see is the same five fucking people shitting up every thread I read. Can't you keep your banal tripe in the frontline and general discussion? I mean seriously what is the point in posting pathetic crap and unfunny jokes in EVERY single thread? Do you think you are entertaining? Do you think anyone gives a shit about the crap you keep spewing all over the boards? Maybe instead of making posts that consist solely of smilies and worrying about where your next smites and hails are coming from, you could think of something constructive to post.

Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but you people have turned this board into a private playground of shit that less and less people are reading and posting in, all because they can't be fucked wading through the dogshit to get to the real information.

I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Yeah, exactly that is what has gotten me frustrated of late and being forced to delete threads. There's a few newbies / chicks that have just been posting a lot of rubbish lately (not even including all the bitching at each other that has thankfully stopped), and yeah as mentioned dparker you need to slow it down. No offence but you've been posting a shitload lately and not really contributing much.

It is annoying having to wade through lines of people having conversations back and forth or posts about generally retarded stuff.
If you (meaning everyone) want to talk rubbish at least just confine it to one thread and not feel the need to add a comment to every single thing you read. If it was in person it's like the equivalent of blurting out the first thing that pops into your head whenever you see something.
"The empty can rattles the most."

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2007, 04:51:13 AM »
Yeah, I respect that dude, and I will slow it down... but what is with people who probably come online once every term, bitching about the quality of the general section?
I must slumber, per se.

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2007, 05:18:35 AM »
Yeah, I respect that dude, and I will slow it down... but what is with people who probably come online once every term, bitching about the quality of the general section?

"MADSKREE" HAS BEEN COMING ON HERE, GOING TO GIGS AND ETC FOR YEARS AND YEARS AND IS A GOOD AND LOYAL METALHEAD - JUST BECAUSE HE DOESNT POST FUCKING RUBBISH IN EVERY THREAD, EVERY HOUR, EVERY DAY DOESNT MEAN HE HASNT CONTRIBUTED HIS FAIR SHARE OVER TIME (WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY FOR YOU, YOU HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SPOTTY FACED TEENAGE POST-WHORE N00B). ;D

:rofl: :headbang:

HAHAHAHA

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2007, 05:24:00 AM »

"The squeaky wheel always gets the grease." - Marge Simpson

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2007, 05:37:20 AM »

"The squeaky wheel always gets the grease." - Marge Simpson

"Free wheel Burnin'!!!!! Free Wheel Burnin'!!!!!!!" - JUDAS PRIEST

HAHAHAHA

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2007, 05:37:48 AM »

DOESNT POST FUCKING RUBBISH IN EVERY THREAD, EVERY HOUR, EVERY DAY DOESNT MEAN HE HASNT CONTRIBUTED HIS FAIR SHARE OVER TIME (WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY FOR YOU, YOU HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SPOTTY FACED TEENAGE POST-WHORE N00B). ;D

Coming from someone who has posted in stacks of threads with album references. ::)

And I didn't say he hasn't contributed... I was pointing out his lack of presence on the WF forums itself, not the metal scene. Not that I really care lol.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2007, 05:38:20 AM »
Haha you even did it while I was typing my reply.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2007, 05:50:14 AM »

HEHEHE YUP.

I LOVE POSTING REFERENCES TO METAL ALBUMS WHEN I SEE SOMETHING POSTED ON HERE WHICH REMINDS ME OF A CERTAIN PART, TITLE, LINE, ALBUM TITLE, IDEA, IMAGE OR SOMETHING SOMETHING RELATED TO A METAL BAND WHICH I KNOW / LOVE. IT GETS ME THINKING OF THE SONG, THE ALBUM OR WHATEVER AND MAKES ME WANT TO GO GIVE IT A SPIN. PLUS IT GETS D-FATS ROCKS OFF WHICH ALWAYS HAS INTERESTING RESULTS TOO. ;D

DONT LIKE IT? PISS OFF POST-WHORE..... "lol" ;D

HAHAHAHA

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2007, 05:53:27 AM »
Like everyone is gonna say about my postings, I found it amusing the first one or two times, then it became predictable... I 'don't like it', but I have a little something I like to call TOLERANCE. :rofl:
I must slumber, per se.

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2007, 06:12:03 AM »
Like everyone is gonna say about my postings, I found it amusing the first one or two times, then it became predictable... I 'don't like it', but I have a little something I like to call TOLERANCE. :rofl:

LOOK MATE...... IM GLAD THAT YOU'RE PROUD OF BEING TOLERANT. YOU ALSO PROBABLY ARE A "NICE GUY", OPEN MINDED, FUNNY, THOUGHTFUL, SENSITIVE, INTELLIGENT, WITTY, AMBITIOUS, CLEAN SHAVEN, CULTURALLY AWARE, POLITICALLY CORRECT AND ALL THE OTHER FANTASTIC ATTRIBUTES OF THE FINEST ORDER OF HUMANITY UNDER THE SUN, BUT GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD -  SHUT THE FUCK UP YA PISS ARSE CUNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

NOW RUN ALONG AND PLAY NICELY WITH YOUR TIDDLY WINKS FRIENDS. ANY MORE POST-WHORING OUT OF YOU AND THERE WILL BE ..... ZERO TOLERANCE

P.S. -

This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done! ;D
HAHAHAHA

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2007, 06:20:32 AM »
LOOK MATE...... IM GLAD THAT YOU'RE PROUD OF BEING TOLERANT. YOU ALSO PROBABLY ARE A "NICE GUY", OPEN MINDED, FUNNY, THOUGHTFUL, SENSITIVE, INTELLIGENT, WITTY, AMBITIOUS, CLEAN SHAVEN, CULTURALLY AWARE, POLITICALLY CORRECT AND ALL THE OTHER FANTASTIC ATTRIBUTES OF THE FINEST ORDER OF HUMANITY UNDER THE SUN.

You're probably right... I already said not only in this thread, but another, that I would cut back on the posting... besides that, no I wont shutup. 8)

NOW YOU CAN PLAY YOUR PART IN LAYING THIS SHIT TO REST!
I'm waiting for a Lamb Of God reference here, or for you to say LoG suck.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »
LOOK MATE...... IM GLAD THAT YOU'RE PROUD OF BEING TOLERANT. YOU ALSO PROBABLY ARE A "NICE GUY", OPEN MINDED, FUNNY, THOUGHTFUL, SENSITIVE, INTELLIGENT, WITTY, AMBITIOUS, CLEAN SHAVEN, CULTURALLY AWARE, POLITICALLY CORRECT AND ALL THE OTHER FANTASTIC ATTRIBUTES OF THE FINEST ORDER OF HUMANITY UNDER THE SUN.

You're probably right... I already said not only in this thread, but another, that I would cut back on the posting... besides that, no I wont shutup. 8)

I think the album posting is just as annoying as a pointless comment...it was funny for a while but katie thrashed it out and now SOD even Evil_Elvis gets in on the action now and then.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2007, 04:38:46 PM »

I think the album posting is just as annoying as a pointless comment...it was funny for a while but katie thrashed it out and now SOD even Evil_Elvis gets in on the action now and then.

[whispering to Mick] Katie was SOD in disguise half the time [/whisper]
Mongeese like results

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2007, 04:43:05 PM »

[whispering to Mick] Katie was SOD in disguise half the time [/whisper]
??? that's just crazy talk...

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »

HEHEHE YUP.

I LOVE POSTING REFERENCES TO METAL ALBUMS WHEN I SEE SOMETHING POSTED ON HERE WHICH REMINDS ME OF A CERTAIN PART, TITLE, LINE, ALBUM TITLE, IDEA, IMAGE OR SOMETHING SOMETHING RELATED TO A METAL BAND WHICH I KNOW / LOVE. IT GETS ME THINKING OF THE SONG, THE ALBUM OR WHATEVER AND MAKES ME WANT TO GO GIVE IT A SPIN. PLUS IT GETS D-FATS ROCKS OFF WHICH ALWAYS HAS INTERESTING RESULTS TOO. ;D

DONT LIKE IT? PISS OFF POST-WHORE..... "lol" ;D

I think ALL posts should contain a reference to METAL albums and songs.  :headbang:

Struggling for one myself now though  :-[ :laugh:
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2007, 05:12:47 PM »

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MY POSTS WITH THE ALBUM REFERENCE AND THE GENERAL CHAFF IS THAT THE ALBUM REFERENCES WERE ONLY A SUPPLEMENT TO THE ACTUAL POST RATHER THAN THE POINT OF THE POST ITSELF. THAT AND THE ALBUM COVERS ARE PRETTY AND ADDED A BIT OF COLOUR TO THE PLACE ;D ...

MY APOLOGIES HOWEVER - THEY WEREN'T ALWAYS SLAYER, METALLICA, PANTERA, SEPULTURA OR MEGADE*A*TH COVERS SO I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW YOU WOULDNT HAVE THE FOGGIEST OF WHAT I WAS ON ABOUT AND IT WOULD GET ANNOYING.

REGARDLESS, I GOT BORED FOR THE MOST PART WITH RESEARCHING ALBUM COVERS TO ASSOCIATE WITH POSTS SO, MUCH TO YOUR RELIEF AND SATISFACTION, I'LL BE LIMITING THE NUMBER OF THOSE I POST IN FUTURE. HAPPY NOW? :P

PLAY NICE ;D
HAHAHAHA

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2007, 05:15:24 PM »

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MY POSTS WITH THE ALBUM REFERENCE AND THE GENERAL CHAFF IS THAT THE ALBUM REFERENCES WERE ONLY A SUPPLEMENT TO THE ACTUAL POST RATHER THAN THE POINT OF THE POST ITSELF. THAT AND THE ALBUM COVERS ARE PRETTY AND ADDED A BIT OF COLOUR TO THE PLACE ;D ...

MY APOLOGIES HOWEVER - THEY WEREN'T ALWAYS SLAYER, METALLICA, PANTERA, SEPULTURA OR MEGADE*A*TH COVERS SO I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW YOU WOULDNT HAVE THE FOGGIEST OF WHAT I WAS ON ABOUT AND IT WOULD GET ANNOYING.

REGARDLESS, I GOT BORED FOR THE MOST PART WITH RESEARCHING ALBUM COVERS TO ASSOCIATE WITH POSTS SO, MUCH TO YOUR RELIEF AND SATISFACTION, I'LL BE LIMITING THE NUMBER OF THOSE I POST IN FUTURE. HAPPY NOW? :P

PLAY NICE ;D
yes, thankyou very much  ;D

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2007, 06:46:20 PM »
i think everyone HERE should wear name tags tonite at WF awards
:hmm:

Offline madskree

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2007, 07:30:42 PM »

"MADSKREE" HAS BEEN COMING ON HERE, GOING TO GIGS AND ETC FOR YEARS AND YEARS AND IS A GOOD AND LOYAL METALHEAD - JUST BECAUSE HE DOESNT POST FUCKING RUBBISH IN EVERY THREAD, EVERY HOUR, EVERY DAY DOESNT MEAN HE HASNT CONTRIBUTED HIS FAIR SHARE OVER TIME (WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY FOR YOU, YOU HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SPOTTY FACED TEENAGE POST-WHORE N00B). ;D

Cheers SOD, and dparker- just because I don't post often doesn't mean I don't read the boards. I read them regularly, it's just that I don't feel the need to waste someone's time reading my shit unless I think it is particularly relevant to the topic or I think I can help someone. Also I enjoy the album covers much more than a post solely consisting of  :headbang:

Another thing dparker, I wasn't initially targeting you but seeing as you took it personally I responded.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2007, 08:01:19 PM »
SOD how come I didn't get a lecture on postwhoring when I was a kid?!
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »

Cheers SOD, and dparker- just because I don't post often doesn't mean I don't read the boards. I read them regularly, it's just that I don't feel the need to waste someone's time reading my shit unless I think it is particularly relevant to the topic or I think I can help someone. Also I enjoy the album covers much more than a post solely consisting of  :headbang:

Another thing dparker, I wasn't initially targeting you but seeing as you took it personally I responded.

on another note, and this isnt very relevant, but I found it fucking awesome, was that little headbanging smiley  :headbang: was banging in PERFECT time to Post Mortem, which is currently cranking on my work computer at full vol.
Mongeese like results