Author Topic: Uni Dropouts  (Read 18827 times)

Offline chewie

• WF Colonel
  • CHEWIE TIRED
    • View Profile
Re: Uni Dropouts
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2006, 06:14:12 AM »
use less sillibill syylaabols cillabillies FUCKIN LETTERS
 ::)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 06:15:46 AM by chewie »

Offline Wolfram

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »
Teaching isnt a goal that I can ever fulfill, because people are always going to be ignorant, or lacking knowledge.  All I can do is try and educate the few that would pass through my classrooms, and hope they in turn teach their friends some stuff, and that spreads out from there.  I dont want to be a teacher for the achievement of becoming a teacher, I want to become a teacher because I want to teach people, which is never ending.  Besides, I plan on studying part time while teaching, and moving into lecturing, down the track.
I for an I you lazy fatalists
---------------------------
Know that the music industry's ill,
and we're the fucking antidote.
One line and you're outta control,
yeah you fucking suck!  Hey!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2006, 03:56:35 PM »
Wolfram - true, but like what happens if youve completed the things you are interested in and still become unstatified within your career path? Like ive done Retail, Child Care, Youth Work, Social Work and still have no idea. Hense the forensic investagation/ psychologist...  I dont know I once come across this reading that basically points out that 'nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal but nothing on earth can help with man with the wrong mental attitude'. Like if you are in a positive enviroment and mental state anythink is possible. For example my family enviroment lacks understanding for the university lifestyle, insisting i over 'psych-anaylsis' everything and think to much, and also my friends found me rather um, annoying to say the least, i personally found it difficult to switch off from my textbook theory and logic, onto a rational level of conversation. I like to think thats its because of my passionate nature :).

Like, make up your fucking mind and actually use one of your fucking degrees. No-one wants to work......Like, Im sure you could find yourself enjoying at least one of the areas you have studied in. Like, far out....pay some fucking taxes for once in your life
Mongeese like results

Offline missflea

• WF Lieutenant
  • vanitas vanitatum
    • View Profile
    • .:Black Fizz:.
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2006, 04:04:01 PM »
Linguo: Bad... grammar... overload. Error! Error!

Offline Kalika

• WF Colonel
  • And Enjoy the Suffering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2006, 06:52:44 PM »
Wolfram - true, but like what happens if youve completed the things you are interested in and still become unstatified within your career path? Like ive done Retail, Child Care, Youth Work, Social Work and still have no idea. Hense the forensic investagation/ psychologist...  I dont know I once come across this reading that basically points out that 'nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal but nothing on earth can help with man with the wrong mental attitude'. Like if you are in a positive enviroment and mental state anythink is possible. For example my family enviroment lacks understanding for the university lifestyle, insisting i over 'psych-anaylsis' everything and think to much, and also my friends found me rather um, annoying to say the least, i personally found it difficult to switch off from my textbook theory and logic, onto a rational level of conversation. I like to think thats its because of my passionate nature :).

Like, make up your fucking mind and actually use one of your fucking degrees. No-one wants to work......Like, Im sure you could find yourself enjoying at least one of the areas you have studied in. Like, far out....pay some fucking taxes for once in your life

Like totally!!! :D
BWB #9

If I Can Merge The Mundane And the Magic -- We'd Forge a New Unknown...

Offline DeathsWhore

• WF Colonel
  • Earth is the insane asylum for the universe
    • View Profile
    • Cold Meat
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2006, 09:23:38 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2006, 10:59:42 PM »
Lingo dead?

"Lingo..IS..dead"
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline 3 Degrees of Separation

• WF Corporal
  • Taries
    • View Profile
    • 3 Degrees of Separation
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2006, 09:35:43 AM »
hehehe, true, bloody taxes its a joke!! hense why i went to uni :), more money, since the tax office took most of it! But pft.. im working atm at a electronic store, shit pay though $18 per hr. When i could be getting $25+ but since the government has restricted funding and grants within the community development sector, this saw me lose my position as the coordinator for underage dance parties at the nightclubs within the local region. So thats when i thought i would go to uni, en yer so please forgive me for taking an oppuritunity to attend university and prove my father wrong, while utilising the services the avialable to students, i mean what the hell, i could be on the dole doing fuk all wasting your money, at least i intend to make it somewhere and repay my duties to society, unlike some people i know. But thanks for your support, and understanding if it wasnt for people like yourself where would this world be?

"You can't expect people to look eye to eye with you if you are looking down on them."

Trish

P.S Mago_Haydz i have not completed degrees within all these areas, i have had experince working within the child care and retail sector, whilst privately completing Cert. in Retail Operations, Cert. in Community Services (youth work) and an Animal care unit whilst i was in the country from the age of 14 when i started working at a child care centre for $4.20p/h and i still have my first pay slip and that was only 8 yrs ago.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:45:05 AM by 3 Degrees of Separation »

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2006, 10:56:40 PM »
Bit harsh there Mago, she only used "like" in that context twice
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

• WF Corporal
  • Taries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2006, 11:31:04 PM »
Bit harsh there Mago, she only used "like" in that context twice

:) yes i have a habit of use the word "like" but what the hell its better then hate right?

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2006, 01:27:05 AM »
...since the government has restricted funding and grants within the community development sector, this saw me lose my position as the coordinator for underage dance parties
So the government is doing something right at least then.
 ;D

• WF Corporal
  • Taries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2006, 03:43:21 AM »
i was employment by the south metroplation public health unit, through the peer education program, whereby the program recurits a group of at risk young people and allow them the oppuritunity to attend a life skills camp for a week, while after the camp in the previous programs there was no follow ups, therefore the Peer Education Program invested in ongoing weekly meeting which saw the group of young people come up with an ideas and opinons on creating a project which is in support of the young people within the local area. The idea for an underage dance party was brought forth which everyone was eager to conduct, therefore we applied for funding and grants through places such as Quit, Dept of Health, Country Arts, as required by funding bodies the event must be for a beniftal impact on the community, the young people then brain stormed an idea to have break dancing classes leading upto the dance party, while if young people attended every weekly break dancing classes they recevied free entry to the party, this also allowed young people to go out to a professional event rather then having partys and leaving trails of destruction throughout the neighbouring streets. We also appoarched local business in support of free prizes etc, anyhows it was a total sell out! and no accounts of OD's, fights, and criminal behaviour, so personally i think it was excellent and there should be more oppurtunities for our younger generation.

Trish

Until next time take care..... Cheers
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 10:50:17 PM by 3 Degrees of Separation »

Offline chewie

• WF Colonel
  • CHEWIE TIRED
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2006, 05:32:25 AM »
GET A TRADE!!!!!!!!!

• WF Corporal
  • Taries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2006, 10:54:46 PM »
GET A TRADE!!!!!!!!!

Ill trade you mayfair for park lane?

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2006, 11:22:51 PM »
Sounds like a church youth group.

• WF Corporal
  • Taries
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2006, 06:58:31 PM »
fuk that, churches are occults!!

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2006, 09:55:45 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot.

• WF Corporal
  • Taries
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2006, 11:36:39 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot.

True thats no good :( Alzheimer's setting in hey? or  maybe just the scoobies are setting in :)

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2006, 02:49:10 AM »
Yep.

Offline Wolfram

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2006, 04:38:18 AM »
There isnt anything wrong with Church youth groups, as long as you belong to the right kind of group.  Groups that consist of conservatives bashing bibles over your heads arent fun, but as far as groups at highschool go, the group I was part of was rather on the cool side.  For instance, we were looking for a theme for a camp, and I convinced someone else to suggest demonology  ;D  Our adult assistant (the group doesnt call them teachers, because not all of the people that help out -are- teachers, and they dont have the same role as a teacher) was all for it, and was going to get in touch with a real Demonologist, who performs real exorcisms, not the lame, over-acted and over-produced television exorcisms.  We changed the topic to the mis-representation of the goth sub-culture in the end though, because it was more relevant to our lives.
I for an I you lazy fatalists
---------------------------
Know that the music industry's ill,
and we're the fucking antidote.
One line and you're outta control,
yeah you fucking suck!  Hey!

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2006, 04:46:34 PM »
Well if her dance party was a church youth group is sounds like a lame one anyway.

Offline Kalika

• WF Colonel
  • And Enjoy the Suffering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2006, 05:00:56 PM »
fuk that, churches are occults!!

Churches are occults? Once again, something that makes no sense. I believe the phrase you meant to use was "Churches are cults".

oc·cult    Pronunciation Key  (-klt, klt) adj.
 1. Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
 2.  Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.

cult    Pronunciation Key  (klt) n.
 1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
  2. The followers of such a religion or sect.

BWB #9

If I Can Merge The Mundane And the Magic -- We'd Forge a New Unknown...

Offline Regnator Wardaemon

• WF Colonel
  • Protector Of The Ancient Cult
    • View Profile
    • Wardaemonic
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2006, 08:00:16 PM »
You didn't use the word darling this time, spun out. ;)  :D
WARDAEMONIC "Echoes of Ageless Flames" OUT NOW!!! For More Info: http://www.wardaemonic.com +++ http://www.myspace.com/wardaemonic

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2006, 07:07:48 AM »
She showed off enough with her wordsmithery.. she didn't need to be any more condescending.
 ;D

Offline Queef

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2009, 12:04:43 AM »
After recently deciding to drop out of uni for the 3rd time (second course), I was curious as to how many of you have dropped out and how many attempts at uni it took to figure out what you actually wanted to do? Or am I the only one that can't get his shit together?

I tried a science degree twice where I failed 1st semester, so put it off for 6 months, then tried it again and passed, then failed 2nd semester so canned that one for good. Then I started nursing last year and made it into 3rd semester. I got to my first real prac experience and thought that cleaning up shitty arses and having to care for people and organise a million things at once was not really my thing.

How about youz cunts? There must be plenty of uni dropouts, given the demographic. :P ;D

I'm the opposite really, I dropped out of highschool and am finding uni a blast now, I don't really know what I wanna do but I'm finding it pretty fun mixing and matching at the moment.