Author Topic: CHRIS BENOIT and family found dead in home...  (Read 33034 times)

Offline Katie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: CHRIS BENOIT and family found dead in home...
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2007, 11:43:56 PM »
Yeah the West Australian confirmed it today. Totally;y shocked. I'm, not a big fan of wrestling but i used to watch a couple vids at Smitty's house a year ago and got to know Benoit.

Here's what the West Australian says:
1. the murder-suicide theory could not be confirmed until a crime lab examined the evidence
2. investigators believed Benoit killed his wife and son on the weekend and then himself monday morning
3. a neighbour called police and the bodies were found in 3 rooms

There's no definates, no mentions of WWE text msgs or of WWE calling the police. People shouldnt jump to conclusions. It'll all be revealed soon and in the meantime you guys could be tarnishing an innocent mans name.

innocent?!?! Ha...hardly innocent! The WWE HAVE confirmed suspicious Text Messages, it has also been confirmed that all 3 died of asphyxiation, 2 of which were murdered, and he himself was found hanging and remember all this happened in a high security home with 2 rottweillers (so that pretty much rules out foul play from an outside party). I think theres enough evidence, circumstantial or otherwise to pretty much confirm that there was suspicious activity, and ALL things point to Benoit. I cant believe you could even entertain the idea he is innocent.

We'll never know the full story, so dont go thinking cos you've got a few parts of the puzzle that it must have happened the way you think it did. The majority of the 'evidence' you are going from isnt even from sources listed, you want definate evidence wait for the autopsy results to come out. Circumstantial is not even worth mentioning.
well cheers for adding nothing to this thread, if you notice we aren't the judge or jury, what we are doing is posting info we have read while we try to shed some light on the situation and chat about what may be true and what isn't.
I am a huge Benoit fan and I cant see how discussing this matter is going to make things worse.
If anything after hearing the news it's comforting to be able to talk to people about it because I know once I'm off this forum no one I know really follows the WWE and all I'm going to get is "he killed his wife and kid what a fuckhead" (not to mention a shit load of other crap) this is the only place so far I have spoken about the whole thing and have had mature responses.
You're right to a degree, there's a lot of ppl just posting info about what they've read and that's great. Its the other comments that upset me, the fact that ppl can say things about him as though they r certain of what happened and happy to judge. Its ok to be angry about what happened, its ok to be sad about it too, but the comments (like you said above that ppl r saying) "he killed his wife and kid what a fuckhead"- they r being stated on here as well. I'd rather mourn the lost lives then look for someone to blame i guess.
Like faerytale dominion rose, A widow to the snow peaks
Wherein reclined the Countess, Limbs purring from the kill
Bathed in virgin white and like the night, Alive and young and unfulfilled

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 11:47:15 PM »
Yeah the West Australian confirmed it today. Totally;y shocked. I'm, not a big fan of wrestling but i used to watch a couple vids at Smitty's house a year ago and got to know Benoit.

1. the murder-suicide theory could not be confirmed until a crime lab examined the evidence
2. investigators believed Benoit killed his wife and son on the weekend and then himself monday morning

There's no definates, no mentions of WWE text msgs or of WWE calling the police. People shouldnt jump to conclusions. It'll all be revealed soon and in the meantime you guys could be tarnishing an innocent mans name.

innocent?!?! Ha...hardly innocent! The WWE HAVE confirmed suspicious Text Messages, it has also been confirmed that all 3 died of asphyxiation, 2 of which were murdered, and he himself was found hanging and remember all this happened in a high security home with 2 rottweillers (so that pretty much rules out foul play from an outside party). I think theres enough evidence, circumstantial or otherwise to pretty much confirm that there was suspicious activity, and ALL things point to Benoit. I cant believe you could even entertain the idea he is innocent.

We'll never know the full story, so dont go thinking cos you've got a few parts of the puzzle that it must have happened the way you think it did. The majority of the 'evidence' you are going from isnt even from sources listed, you want definate evidence wait for the autopsy results to come out. Circumstantial is not even worth mentioning.
well cheers for adding nothing to this thread, if you notice we aren't the judge or jury, what we are doing is posting info we have read while we try to shed some light on the situation and chat about what may be true and what isn't.
I am a huge Benoit fan and I cant see how discussing this matter is going to make things worse.
If anything after hearing the news it's comforting to be able to talk to people about it because I know once I'm off this forum no one I know really follows the WWE and all I'm going to get is "he killed his wife and kid what a fuckhead" (not to mention a shit load of other crap) this is the only place so far I have spoken about the whole thing and have had mature responses.
You're right to a degree, there's a lot of ppl just posting info about what they've read and that's great. Its the other comments that upset me, the fact that ppl can say things about him as though they r certain of what happened and happy to judge. Its ok to be angry about what happened, its ok to be sad about it too, but the comments (like you said above that ppl r saying) "he killed his wife and kid what a fuckhead"- they r being stated on here as well. I'd rather mourn the lost lives then look for someone to blame i guess.
don't let it get to you, it is a forum after all...

it sucked when Eddie died (my son actually cried) and now Chris, both my favourite wrestlers if anything happened to Rey Mysterio that would be all my favourite wrestlers gone, it wouldn't be the same  :'(

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »
As you said about things in the real world as opposed to posting on WF about a certain topic, that same theory can be applied to many different subjects that pop up from time to time on this wonderful forum.  

YEAH I AGREE - EXAMPLES OF SUCH PARADOX'S EXIST EVERYWHERE. FOR EXAMPLE - YOU'RE A COOL GUY IN THE REAL WORLD WHILST ON AN ONLINE MEDIUM SUCH AS EBAY YOU ARE SOME NON-PAYING, SHILL BIDDING, NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER, LOWLIFE, RIPOFF, SCUMBAG, DROPKICK, DRONGO. QUITE THE MARKED DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO I MUST SAY ;D
HAHAHAHA

Offline Katie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2007, 11:54:11 PM »

don't let it get to you, it is a forum after all...

it sucked when Eddie died (my son actually cried) and now Chris, both my favourite wrestlers if anything happened to Rey Mysterio that would be all my favourite wrestlers gone, it wouldn't be the same  :'(

:-[  I think i already have let it get to me. It hasnt been the same since Eddie died, he was my all time favourite.  :-[ I cried when i found out about Eddie, and Benoit, and i balled during the tribute to Eddie. Nah things really arent going to be the same with wrestling ever again now.
Like faerytale dominion rose, A widow to the snow peaks
Wherein reclined the Countess, Limbs purring from the kill
Bathed in virgin white and like the night, Alive and young and unfulfilled

Offline Necron

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Mhorgl
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »
Does anyone remember when Owen Hart died?

They had a nice tribute show for him.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2007, 11:58:12 PM »
As you said about things in the real world as opposed to posting on WF about a certain topic, that same theory can be applied to many different subjects that pop up from time to time on this wonderful forum.  

YEAH I AGREE - EXAMPLES OF SUCH PARADOX'S EXIST EVERYWHERE. FOR EXAMPLE - YOU'RE A COOL GUY IN THE REAL WORLD WHILST ON AN ONLINE MEDIUM SUCH AS EBAY YOU ARE SOME NON-PAYING, SHILL BIDDING, NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER, LOWLIFE, RIPOFF, SCUMBAG, DROPKICK, DRONGO. QUITE THE MARKED DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO I MUST SAY ;D

OK, let me clear this up. My sister used my ebay to bid on 4 things, then took 3 weeks to pay for them, subsequently I ended up with 4 non paying strikes almost simultaneously, even though I had explained the situation to each seller. Anyway, its all paid for now and sorted. As for the shrill bidding, yes I admit I shouldnt have done that, but I was having second thoughts about my Gorgoroth CD as it is a great album and pretty much mint. At least that way I still end up with a positive feedback and a sale (although it costs me fees), rather than just pulling the auction off. Still, I did the wrong thing there and shouldnt have done it. Nice investigative work by the way SOD.  ;) Anyway, in the end all my other sales went very smoothly, all have been mailed off everyone has been happy.

now....back to Wrestling...
Mongeese like results

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2007, 12:00:16 AM »

OK, let me clear this up. My sister used my ebay to bid on 4 things, then took 3 weeks to pay for them, subsequently I ended up with 4 non paying strikes almost simultaneously, even though I had explained the situation to each seller. Anyway, its all paid for now and sorted. As for the shrill bidding, yes I admit I shouldnt have done that, but I was having second thoughts about my Gorgoroth CD as it is a great album and pretty much mint. At least that way I still end up with a positive feedback and a sale (although it costs me fees), rather than just pulling the auction off. Still, I did the wrong thing there and shouldnt have done it. Nice investigative work by the way SOD.  ;) Anyway, in the end all my other sales went very smoothly, all have been mailed off everyone has been happy.

now....back to Wrestling...
ha ha ha  :rofl: I like your work

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2007, 02:05:58 AM »
man What the hell!!! :err:

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2007, 03:50:54 AM »
I dont care about any of this, I just wonder if his missus tried to tap out.
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2007, 03:53:50 AM »
Louise, you're evil for making me laugh..
but I did see your post by itself out of context so that's not as bad.
:)

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2007, 03:29:37 PM »
Ok now there's shit up on the net saying that his wife was announced dead on Wikipedia 13 HOURS BEFORE THE THREE BODIES WERE FOUND. Don't know how accurate this is but it was on ninemsn.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »
Ok now there's shit up on the net saying that his wife was announced dead on Wikipedia 13 HOURS BEFORE THE THREE BODIES WERE FOUND. Don't know how accurate this is but it was on ninemsn.

what? No way.....who the fuck comes up with this shit?
Mongeese like results

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2007, 05:33:26 PM »
Heh yeah, I read that on ninemsn too.. uuhhh??

Is it possible they just 'made a mistake'?!

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2007, 05:41:51 PM »

Ahhhh...  Wikipedia.  The site where anyone can claim anything.  All you have to do is sign up.  Nah I try to stay away from that site nowadays, those idiots will put anything up.

But anyway back to the Benoit theories.  I'm wondering if Benoit had serious depression after his best friend Eddie had died.  Eddie was Benoit's shining light and always was there for him to discuss anything especially certain family issues that might have been going on.  Without him he had no personal support and no one to trust fully in his time of need.  No excuse I know, but I'm still wondering what the fuck was going through his head.

Katie is right though.  With Benoit and Eddie gone from wrestling, the media pointing the finger souly at WWE and steroids, and the current state of wrestling as a whole, wrestling is in deeper shit then it has been ever.  Either the business is forced to clean up it's act or the whole thing will crumble before itself.  I have gone on a lot of different wrestling forums recently and this incident has scarred so many people to the point that a lot of them are giving up on the whole thing, cause everything they have believed in has gone.

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2007, 07:21:25 PM »

Yeah this is what I found on it:

Death Of Nancy Benoit Revealed On Wikipedia Early
Date Added: June 28, 2007
Story By: Ryan Gray
Fox News is reporting a chilling twist to the Benoit Family tragedy. Apparently a Wikipedia article on Chris Benoit listed that he missed the WWE Vengeance pay-per-view, "due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy" 14 hours before the family was found dead.

To make the situation even more chilling the IP address was traced to Stamford, Connecticut, which is of course, is where the headquarters of World Wrestling Entertainment is located.

Wikipedia volunteer coordinator Cary Bass contacted the Fayetteville police department in regard to the posting. "I chat with other editors on IRC -- Internet relay chat -- and somebody pointed it out to me on a relay chat and that it came from a Stamford connection, and that it took place at midnight Eastern Standard Time on Monday morning," said Bass. “I called and left a message with the police department.”

We should note that anything that is posted on Wikipedia records a users IP address, time, and what exactly was written on the web site, so this wouldn't have been a case of a hoax.

Authorities are now actively seeking whoever made the change.
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2007, 07:23:05 PM »
"And now it's turned out that Chris went to the doctor on Friday and that he was being treated for low testosterone levels. The doctor's office has apparently been raided by the DEA.

WWE has confirmed that Daniel had 'Fragile X', and that the treatment was a source of tension between Chris and Nancy. Nancy wanted Chris home more to help take care of Daniel. "

Taken from Ditch's WWE news site.

Offline Fuckhead

• WF Major
  • Fuck The World
    • View Profile
    • MY FUCKING MYSPACE!!
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2007, 08:11:15 AM »
I remember watching Chris fight Brock Lesnar for the heavyweight title once when WWE came to Perth. Ever since then he has been one of my favorite fighters.

Offline 4:17

• WF Private
  • Master Of Puppets
    • View Profile
    • Lost In The Shadows
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2007, 07:45:47 AM »
this has been floating around a few circles

Im not claiming its true, im not claiming its not

just thought it'd add some fuel to your discussions

http://www.johnnyleeclary.com/benoitmurdered.htm

I'm not like them,but I can pretend
The sun is gone,but i have a light
The day is done,but im having fun
I think Im dumb,maybe just happy
- nirvana

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2007, 06:28:25 AM »
Clearly Courtney Love did it.
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2007, 04:50:32 PM »

interesting, I'm not reading to much into it but it certainly tells you that we'll never really know what happened.

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2007, 09:37:41 PM »

That's so far fetched even I don't by it & I believe almost everything.

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2007, 11:36:34 PM »
Just found this:

Benoit wrestle hold killed son

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN of THE LILSBOYS
July 02, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

IN another disturbing twist on the Chris Benoit killings, it now appears the grappler murdered his seven-year-old son using his own wrestling finishing hold.
Police in Georgia are speculating that Benoit ended young Daniel's life with the Crippler Crossface the same move that he used in almost all his matches, including when he beat Triple H for the heavyweight title at WWE WrestleMania XX.

District Attorney Scott Ballard said: "A choke hold was used to strangle the boy, rather than hands, because there's no bruising consistent with strangulation by hands."

Respected American wrestling scribe Dave Meltzer added: "The police investigators were perplexed by the nature of the bruising on Daniel, until one of them watched footage of a Benoit wrestling match, saw him using the move, and in looking closely, realized the bruising patterns on Daniel matched the application of the hold."

ALso have seen a similar story here

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2007/06/28/1182624029846.html
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline Kalika

• WF Colonel
  • And Enjoy the Suffering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2007, 07:34:52 AM »
BWB #9

If I Can Merge The Mundane And the Magic -- We'd Forge a New Unknown...

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2007, 09:49:50 AM »

My thoughts exactly. I am patiently waiting for the obligatory ninja invasion theory to be put forward.

Actually the Courtney Love comment actually made me think of the similar sorts of conspiracy theories and hysteria that followed the suicide (yes that's SUICIDE) of Kurt Cobain.

I've been following this for a few days; celebrity deaths always garner odd little reactions in people and it's interesting to see the knee jerk reaction that a lot of people had when their favourite wrestler flipped the fuck out and choked the snot out of his missus and little boy. People will come up with the most bizarre, convoluted theories of what they think actually happened, and then fool themselves into believing them; in doing so, the image of their hero remains, in their mind, untarnished. You can see in some of the links posted above, sometimes a person's belief in a 'best case scenario' goes so far that tangible evidence is completely disregarded. With time, however, most of these people will come to accept that it was not, in fact, Kevin Sullivan, a ninja, or even Courtney Love that murdered the Benoit family, but Chris himself.

Occasionally you get a group of deluded idiots who simply refuse to acknowledge fact. My money is on the good reverend being one of them.

Interesting, I'm not reading to much into it but it certainly tells you that we'll never really know what happened.

Beg to differ. The crippler crossface happened, that's what.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:52:18 AM by Inge »

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2007, 05:38:58 PM »

My thoughts exactly. I am patiently waiting for the obligatory ninja invasion theory to be put forward.

Actually the Courtney Love comment actually made me think of the similar sorts of conspiracy theories and hysteria that followed the suicide (yes that's SUICIDE) of Kurt Cobain.

I've been following this for a few days; celebrity deaths always garner odd little reactions in people and it's interesting to see the knee jerk reaction that a lot of people had when their favourite wrestler flipped the fuck out and choked the snot out of his missus and little boy. People will come up with the most bizarre, convoluted theories of what they think actually happened, and then fool themselves into believing them; in doing so, the image of their hero remains, in their mind, untarnished. You can see in some of the links posted above, sometimes a person's belief in a 'best case scenario' goes so far that tangible evidence is completely disregarded. With time, however, most of these people will come to accept that it was not, in fact, Kevin Sullivan, a ninja, or even Courtney Love that murdered the Benoit family, but Chris himself.

Occasionally you get a group of deluded idiots who simply refuse to acknowledge fact. My money is on the good reverend being one of them.

Interesting, I'm not reading to much into it but it certainly tells you that we'll never really know what happened.

Beg to differ. The crippler crossface happened, that's what.

While i'm not agreeing with this conspiracy theory I would say that just because the crippler crossface was used doesnt automatically make Benoit the killer. In fact it almost backs up the theory that they were killed by another wrestler, i mean cmon if they wanted to make it look like he really did it that'd be the way to go....