Author Topic: CHRIS BENOIT and family found dead in home...  (Read 32870 times)

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
CHRIS BENOIT and family found dead in home...
« on: June 26, 2007, 04:23:48 PM »
Im not the biggest wrestling fan, but even I found this a bit shocking.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21969556-2,00.html

REPORTS say Chris Benoit, one of TV wrestling's leading personalities, and his family have been found dead in their home.
The bodies of Benoit, his wife Nancy, and their young son were found after the wrestler missed an engagement to attend to a "family crisis", according to TMZ.com.

Police are investigating the scene.

The official WWE website reported the deaths and said the upcoming episode of Raw would serve as a tribute to Benoit.
Mongeese like results

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: CHRIS BENOIT and family found dead in home...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:33:10 PM »
W T F. If this is real is fucked up but how the hell would you know with WWE these days? If it is real it kind of makes McMahons mock-death look incredibly tasteless.

Benoit is/was a champion. I loved him. If this is real it's pretty fucked up (especially if it's murder/suicide)

:'(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:36:25 PM by DevolvedEmperor »

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 04:38:26 PM »
I read all the stories on every link I could find....it seems VERY genuine. Sad shit.
Mongeese like results

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 04:44:51 PM »
W T F. If this is real is fucked up but how the hell would you know with WWE these days? If it is real it kind of makes McMahons mock-death look incredibly tasteless.

Benoit is/was a champion. I loved him. If this is real it's pretty fucked up (especially if it's murder/suicide crap)
The people who actually think Vince died well more fool them, there is a big difference when it's real and when it's storyline ie when Eddie Guerrero died the wrestlers were shocked and in tears you could tell it wasn't part of the show, I'd imagine it will be for Chris Benoit 'The Rabid Wolverine' Benoit was one of the legends one of the wrestlers who didn't mind taking it that extra step further into the pain threshhold to put on a cranken show, fucken spewing to hear this...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 07:41:01 PM by Dementor »

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »
This is completely fucked.  I ordered the Vengence PPV where Benoit was supposed to take on CM Punk for the vacated ECW title.  Apparently Benoit was not able to make it for family reasons and was subbed by Johnny Nitro (who won the title which is also completly fucked but that's another story).  Makes me wonder if Benoit actually intended this to happen?  I know that sounds a little to much like a conspiracy, but who knows at this stage.  All I know is that the wrestling world has lost another great wrestler and in my opinion the greatest technical wrestler that ever lived.

RIP Chris Benoit and I wish you were still here to wow us with your genius in ring performances  :'( :'(

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:21:38 PM »
They did a Tribute on the latest RAW.

Vince was there and talked about Chris. I bet that pissed them off..now they need a new storyline for the next 6 months since its confirmed that Vince isnt "dead"

RIP Chris and Family.
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »
PWTorch.com confirms this shocking story.

In tragic news out of Atlanta, Ga., Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and their son Daniel were all found dead in their homes today.

WWE Raw will be a tribute to Benoit. All previous plans for Raw have been scraped.

Daniel was their only child together. He was about seven years old. Says one friend: "Chris and Nancy were known to have a volatile relationship, but their son was the saving grace for both of them."

Benoit has another son from his previous marriage who is in Canada at this time.

Another story on http://wcbstv.com/entertainment/local_story_176204855.html

CBS/AP) FAYETTEVILLE, Ga WWE superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Vince was there and talked about Chris. I bet that pissed them off..now they need a new storyline for the next 6 months since its confirmed that Vince isnt "dead"

Well to begin with, you'd have to be pretty stupid not to work out that the whole "Vince is dead" thing is a storyline and since Chris Benoit and his family, which includes former ECW valet Woman (used to manage The Sandman), and WWE Hall of Famer "Sensational" Sherri Martel have died since this Vince dead angle has started I think it's good that he reveals that he isn't dead and pays respect to the actual deceased.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 05:55:07 PM by RawBrutalJamo »

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »

Well to begin with, you'd have to be pretty stupid not to work out that the whole "Vince is dead" thing is a storyline and since Chris Benoit and his family, which includes former ECW valet Woman (used to manage The Sandman), and WWE Hall of Famer "Sensational" Sherri Martel have died since this Vince dead angle has started I think it's good that he reveals that he isn't dead and pays respect to the actual deceased.

Yeah..but unfortunatly there are alot of wrestling fans that believed the Vince is dead story..which makes me laugh...it was so obviously storyline it wasnt funny. It is good that he paid his respects. Im not a huge Wrestling fan, and havn't watched it in years...but its been in the headlines abit l8ly.

I just hope they dont milk it like they did Eddies death.....
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 05:55:09 PM »
He won me $30 on the royal rumble when he wrestled something like 65mins straight. Now if that isn't the mark of a true athlete at the top of his game, then nothing is.

A truely wonderful entertainer. Even though I don't watch wrestling much anymore, I still regard him as one of my consistant favourites. Terrible news :(
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 06:01:34 PM »

Come on man, it's WWE.  Of course they will and they will try to make money off his death too.  God damn makes me wonder why I watch this wrestling crap sometimes.  The McMahon family have no fucking compassion.  At least I still have a lot of old school wrestling footage, which reminds me, I might watch the end of Wrestlemania 20.  You remember that celebration at the end with Benoit and Eddie??  That has soooo much more meaning to it now.  Both men at the peak of the careers not knowing what is going to happen next.  Plus that fantastic match they had together at the original One Night Stand.  Looks like I know what I'm doing tonight.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 06:06:33 PM »
My money is on a double homicide / suicide. Whole families don't die for no reason.

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 06:10:35 PM »

Come on man, it's WWE.  Of course they will and they will try to make money off his death too.  God damn makes me wonder why I watch this wrestling crap sometimes.  The McMahon family have no fucking compassion.  At least I still have a lot of old school wrestling footage, which reminds me, I might watch the end of Wrestlemania 20.  You remember that celebration at the end with Benoit and Eddie??  That has soooo much more meaning to it now.  Both men at the peak of the careers not knowing what is going to happen next.  Plus that fantastic match they had together at the original One Night Stand.  Looks like I know what I'm doing tonight.

I believe this is the pic you mean, out of all the pics i've sold on e-bay this one sells the most...

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 06:13:50 PM »
Fuck yeah, and it's gonna be worth a lot more now!

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 06:17:28 PM »
nah I just sell preprints (copies) for $10 each on e-bay, i'll bring you one for free next time there's a gig we'll both be at...I have heaps of Eddie & Chris.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 06:20:49 PM »

At least I still have a lot of old school wrestling footage, which reminds me, I might watch the end of Wrestlemania 20. 

Wretlemania 20...old school? I might go watch the only Wrestlemania I have.....Hulk vs Andre. Wrestlemania 3. Now THATS old school!
Mongeese like results

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »

At least I still have a lot of old school wrestling footage, which reminds me, I might watch the end of Wrestlemania 20. 

Wretlemania 20...old school? I might go watch the only Wrestlemania I have.....Hulk vs Andre. Wrestlemania 3. Now THATS old school!
gee my son would love that, he's a huge Hulk and Andre fan...

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 06:27:56 PM »
Yeah I know.  I wasn't refering to Wrestlemania 20 as old school, just that I had old school footage, like early ECW, all Manias, all Rumbles, some early WCW.  I was stating that Wrestlemania 20 was relevent to the whole Benoit incident.

nah I just sell preprints (copies) for $10 each on e-bay, i'll bring you one for free next time there's a gig we'll both be at...I have heaps of Eddie & Chris.

Yeah please do.  If you're coming to The Alchemont launch, bring me one then.  Cheers.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »

I'll see if I can dig it up, and its yours if you want it. I did clean a whole heap of videos out to make way for my extensive DVD collection, but Im pretty sure I wouldnt have thrown that one out. Will let you know.
Mongeese like results

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 06:40:50 PM »

I'll see if I can dig it up, and its yours if you want it. I did clean a whole heap of videos out to make way for my extensive DVD collection, but Im pretty sure I wouldnt have thrown that one out. Will let you know.
cheers  ;D

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 06:42:08 PM »
Yeah I know.  I wasn't refering to Wrestlemania 20 as old school, just that I had old school footage, like early ECW, all Manias, all Rumbles, some early WCW.  I was stating that Wrestlemania 20 was relevent to the whole Benoit incident.

Yeah please do.  If you're coming to The Alchemont launch, bring me one then.  Cheers.
nah I wont be able to make that gig, but you can pm me your address and i'll post it with the others on Wednesday.

Offline Colonel Hellmoson

• WF Colonel
  • Tanzadamian Safari Hunting Expert!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 07:50:43 PM »
i grew up watching chris benoit in wcw when i was a kid. he was always someone that i insisted in watching no matter what because to me, he opitimises what wrestling is. he might not do the best promos, but once he stepped into the ring, you knew he was going to give everything he had. watching the original benoit vs booker t best of seven matches were a massive highlight during my childhood.
it is a very sad day, no matter how this whole thing pans out, as its been ruled as a double murder/suicide. ill remember chris for the joy he gave me while watching him do what he did best.

diamonds are forever, and so are the horsemen!

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 07:59:48 PM »
The latest report from the AP includes information told to the FOX affiliate in Atlanta that investigators believe Chris Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and son, Daniel, sometime over the weekend before returning home and killing himself on Monday.

The report continues that concerned neighbors alerted police to the Benoit residence, where the bodies were found in three separate rooms. The evidence from the crime scene still needs to be analyzed, and official cause of deaths will not be known until Tuesday, at the earliest. Investigators are officially investigating the deaths as a homicide and possible murder-suicide.

just found this on the net, I guess a lot of rumors will be flying around for a few days till we know the truth but this looks to be true.

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 08:08:40 PM »
This is incomprehensible.. fucked.

He wouldn't strike me as someone capable of such an atrocious crime, for decades he proved time and time again that he had a heart of gold, much like eddie Guererro.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 08:42:33 PM »
Have to wait for the coroners report.

This is incomprehensible.. fucked.

He wouldn't strike me as someone capable of such an atrocious crime, for decades he proved time and time again that he had a heart of gold, much like eddie Guererro.

Nevertheless, he was an actor playing a character, so you can't really make an assumption of his personality based on what you see in the ring or during publicity events. I'd imagine very few people know what the real Chris Benoit is like. But, if he was a perfect gentlemen and philanthropist, it's always the ones you least expect, isn't it...

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 08:45:45 PM »
...And the plot thickens.  I did notice he looked a little depressed on TV recently and it's so unlike him to skip a match for any circumstances.  He lost his first marrage cause he was so dedicated to his job.  When he bailed on the ECW title match I knew something weird was up.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:47:23 PM by RawBrutalJamo »