Author Topic: CHRIS BENOIT and family found dead in home...  (Read 32869 times)

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
Re: CHRIS BENOIT and family found dead in home...
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 09:27:08 PM »
...And the plot thickens.  I did notice he looked a little depressed on TV recently and it's so unlike him to skip a match for any circumstances.  He lost his first marrage cause he was so dedicated to his job.  When he bailed on the ECW title match I knew something weird was up.

Yeah, but to kill your own SON... Your own flesh and blood :( Thats fucked up.
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 09:39:55 PM »
Have to wait for the coroners report.

This is incomprehensible.. fucked.

He wouldn't strike me as someone capable of such an atrocious crime, for decades he proved time and time again that he had a heart of gold, much like Eddie Guerrero.

Nevertheless, he was an actor playing a character, so you can't really make an assumption of his personality based on what you see in the ring or during publicity events. I'd imagine very few people know what the real Chris Benoit is like. But, if he was a perfect gentlemen and philanthropist, it's always the ones you least expect, isn't it...
I've watched doco's on Chris and Eddie and that's where you should get your opinions from not the wrestling itself, for example Eddie almost always played the bad guy but in real life he was a damn good bloke, Benoit also seemed to be a good dude, Eddie and Benoit new each other as children so did Rey.
I remember a wrestler (forgot his fucken name) was asked in an interview "who has made an impression on you since starting" and he replied "Christian and Undertaker" apparently Christian is an absolutely awesome guy who doesn't mind helping you out and Undertaker always takes time to show the new guys the ropes. Edge is supposed to be pretty cool also and I can't stand that cunt (which means he's doing a good job as playing the bad guy)

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 10:05:13 PM »
I heard somewhere that it was actually Ken Shamrock that showed Undertaker the ropes....

Mongeese like results

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:29:48 PM »
Doing the rounds on some other forums...

"My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chirs Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room appearantly suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a seperate relationship), and his fans. He the fasioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the ballaster in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home."

Unsubstantiated so far, but we'll have to see.

Doesn't seem like such a bad guy, if this is the case.  :angel:

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 10:35:33 PM »
I heard somewhere that it was actually Ken Shamrock that showed Undertaker the ropes....

not sure, I thought Undertaker would have been wrestling years before Shamrock started but you could be right.

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 10:41:03 PM »
this is off the WWE web page

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 10:50:31 PM »
The thing is we may never know the true motif behind this strange occurance.  All I know is I can't stop thinking about what could have happened.  Did Chris have a nervous breakdown and severe depression and suddenly kill his wife and son and then himself?  Was his wife insane and kill her son, call up Chris, to which he came over killed his wife then himself?  Did his wife threaten to divorce him and take full custody of his child which sent Chris over the edge since it had happened to him before?

Quite frankly it doesn't even matter to me anymore, because 3 people are dead in a horrible and quite frankly, bizzare and freaky occurance which will shake up the world of wrestling and never be forgotten.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 11:08:20 PM »
Fuck, if what Inge posted is true, then I truly feel for the guy, and I must say, I would have a hard time in not doing the same thing. However, if it is the other, more wide spread theory that he killed her and his son, then himself....it makes me sick to even think anyone could do that, especially to a 7yo boy, ESPECIALLY your own son. I hate myself for smacking my boys when they are naughty - and I dont even smack them hard enough for it to even hurt. I couldnt even bare to actually hurt them, let alone kill them! 
Mongeese like results

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 11:14:33 PM »
Roid rage perhaps?

Offline mayhem.emeth

• WF Corporal
  • myspace.com/emethbe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 11:18:43 PM »
Woah.. that's messed up :o

Especially if murder-suicide is the case, that's awful! If he was depressed/angry there's no excuse for killing your own wife and son who I'm sure he loved. This is just too weird

RIP  :(
crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women.

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 11:19:35 PM »
Fuck, if what Inge posted is true, then I truly feel for the guy, and I must say, I would have a hard time in not doing the same thing. However, if it is the other, more wide spread theory that he killed her and his son, then himself....it makes me sick to even think anyone could do that, especially to a 7yo boy, ESPECIALLY your own son. I hate myself for smacking my boys when they are naughty - and I don't even smack them hard enough for it to even hurt. I couldn't even bare to actually hurt them, let alone kill them! 
yeah well I suddenly have little respect for him despite the circumstances that led up to it, killing a child is just weak as piss no matter how much your hurting.

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 11:23:22 PM »
If it is true and he killed both of them and then killed himself.....He has lost my respect.
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 02:07:38 AM »
And people thought the Ben Cousins thing was a 'massive sporting controversy'...kinda pales in comparison to this...

Sooooo fucked up.

Offline Kalika

• WF Colonel
  • And Enjoy the Suffering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 09:53:49 AM »

not sure, I thought Undertaker would have been wrestling years before Shamrock started but you could be right.

I can't remember who told me, but I heard that the Undertaker was actually really sick in the head...?

I have a strange feeling I read it in Jenna Jameson's autobio.
BWB #9

If I Can Merge The Mundane And the Magic -- We'd Forge a New Unknown...

Offline MalignantlyGrotesque

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
I don't give a fuck what the end story turns out to be.

To me, BENOIT will always be a legend. The amount of entertainment and effort he gave in the ring will always be remembered by me.

From ECW to WCW then to WWE. He always put 100% into every match he was in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WohOOhCvpE(The only match i could find on youtube of BENOIT/REGAL. 2 men who had the BEST matches everytime they got into the ring.)

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 03:57:17 PM »
"Benoit strangled wife, smothered son

Wrestling superstar Chris Benoit strangled his wife, smothered his son and then hanged himself in his weight room, according to police.

Police investigators announced the grisly findings at a press conference this morning (AEST).

"Mr Benoit had sometime, possibly Friday, murdered his wife by asphyxiation. Sometime shortly after that, the same for his son Daniel and sometime later ... committed suicide by hanging himself in the basement area," officials said in a statement from the Fayetteville Sheriff's Department.

The bodies of the 40-year-old wrestler, his wife, Nancy Benoit, 43, and their seven-year-old son, Daniel, were found in three separate rooms at their Atlanta home on Monday.

Mrs Benoit was bound at the wrists and feet, with a towel wrapped around her body and blood underneath her head, according to officials.

A Bible was reportedly found near each one of the bodies.

World Wrestling Entertainment staff asked police to check on Benoit after they were alerted to a series of "curious" text messages he had sent to friends, reportedly during Sunday's Vengeance TV wrestling program.

There has been speculation he was watching the program with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

However, police say they believe Benoit died on Saturday. Authorities understand he used a cord from one of his workout machines as a makeshift noose.

Toxicology tests will show whether steroids or prescription drugs, both found inside the Benoit home, could have been a factor in the deaths. Steroid abuse has been linked to angry outbursts known as "roid rage."

As the investigation continues, Benoit's history of domestic abuse has been brought into the spotlight.

Mrs Benoit had filed for divorce and a restraining order against her husband in 2003, telling a judge she was "intimidated by threats of violence."

In the papers, Nancy claimed that Benoit, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture."

She also said she was "in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child."

Three months later, she withdrew the divorce papers and a judge cancelled the proceedings.

Some friends of Benoit, however, are unable to accept that would harm his family.

"He was very happy with his wife and he loved his son Daniel," Ross Hart, a friend of Benoit and member of the Hart wrestling family, told the Edmonton Journal.

"This would be very uncharacteristic of Chris to do anything self-destructive. I find it very hard to believe that he would end his life or his family's."

This doesn't look good at all :o :(

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 04:09:29 PM »
Even though I feel terribly sorry for what happened to his wife and son, I also feel for all the kids who watch WWE on every saturday and sunday morning and looked up to Benoit as a great wrestler. From when I've seen over the years hes never really been portrayed as a "goodie or a badie" but just a rough as guts wrestler and more often than not, the underdog.

Now that this news has been reported, it'd be hard for the kids to swallow that their favourite wrestler was a drug-abuser who beat up and intimidated his wife, then killed his family before suiciding :(
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »
Even though I feel terribly sorry for what happened to his wife and son, I also feel for all the kids who watch WWE on every saturday and sunday morning and looked up to Benoit as a great wrestler. From when I've seen over the years hes never really been portrayed as a "goodie or a badie" but just a rough as guts wrestler and more often than not, the underdog.

Now that this news has been reported, it'd be hard for the kids to swallow that their favourite wrestler was a drug-abuser who beat up and intimidated his wife, then killed his family before suiciding :(
yeah I told my son last night and it was kind of a weird feeling telling him what happened.

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 05:08:54 PM »
You really probably could have explained it differently or sugarcoated it, you didn't tell him how they all died did you?
 :o

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 05:15:47 PM »
You really probably could have explained it differently or sugarcoated it, you didn't tell him how they all died did you?

no point lying to the boy....he's gunna find out one way or the other. Better to come from his dad than someone at school or on TV or whatever.
Mongeese like results

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2007, 05:26:18 PM »

no point lying to the boy....he's gunna find out one way or the other. Better to come from his dad than someone at school or on TV or whatever.
exactly, and i'm a firm believer in showing the world for what it is the good the bad and then these types of situations, no point in sugar coating it...my son is nearly 10 though so all the year fours are already talking about it.
It was just weird because Benoit is one of our favourite wrestlers and he committed murder and then suicide, not quit or retired like the norm.

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2007, 05:52:52 PM »
Oh yeah that's more or less what I mean't, just to say that they all died and that he went 'crazy' or something.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2007, 07:59:08 PM »
Heard on the news just before that they did find steroids in his house.

Also, what's with the bibles?

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2007, 08:11:58 PM »
Heard on the news just before that they did find steroids in his house.

Also, what's with the bibles?
HBK, Rey, Eddie, Chris Benoit & a lot more wrestlers are into religion...but it tells me that he was aware of what was happening if he thought to place bibles next to them all.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2007, 08:25:38 PM »
Granted, but why go to the trouble? It's all a bit odd.

Hmm, just read other sources that say they were prescription steroids.

Media!  :ranting: