Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 9724 times)

Offline MirrorMirror

• WF Major
  • \m/
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 05:12:25 AM »
http://games.internode.on.net/content.php?mode=news&id=1615

check this one out before you buy one now :) might be worth a little wait and get some good savings.
May my weary soul find release for a while, at the moment of death I will smile.

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
  • Ormsby Guitars and Repairs
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 06:17:58 AM »
Thats works out perfectly, as i was going to buy first week of august :)

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »
Dude, I told you about that 3 days ago and you said naaarfink :raspberry:

Be wary of whats on at EBs atm though, because when I went there the other day looking for this deal it was abit different. Instead of getting another controller you essentially have to cash in one of your free games.
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 04:40:34 PM »
Dude, I told you about that 3 days ago and you said naaarfink :raspberry:

Ahhh, but the difference is, your post didnt have a link or a date of release, so you just sounded like a pimply faced nerd wanting in on a PS3 thread  ;D

Offline Boeijen

• WF Colonel
  • It's all great!
    • View Profile
    • Mark Boeijen profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »
I reckon we need a gaming thread. I'm sure one has been started up before but this'll do for now.

Anyone played inFamous on the PS3? FUCK ME!!!!!

What an original idea!  Bit like GTA meets Tony Hawk Pro Skater ( because you can grind everywhere ) meets Spiderman.  :hmm:

Been playing since the weekend and been in bed with ther flu, but I haven't been able to put it down. It's a bit overwhelming at first when your getting shot at by hundreds of Reaper's but after you uncover new powers your basically blowing the shit out of the city with ease.

Great game.
Musician

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 03:35:03 AM »
I have a 360 so I have to play basically the same game with a different name, Prototype. All I can say is, I hope Infamous manages to somehow be better 'cause the novelty of Prototype seemed to wear off after a few hours.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Boeijen

• WF Colonel
  • It's all great!
    • View Profile
    • Mark Boeijen profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »
Yeah Matt, I've heard they are both very similar but that inFamous might be a smidgen ahead. It does get a bit monotonous but the story is pretty good and fairly original.
Musician

Offline goatlady

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • heaps bad
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »
my other half played infamous all the way through twice (once as a good guy, once as an evil dude) then bought prototype and traded it back the next day. apparently the control and aiming system sucks in comparison altho he did like the gore.

how's that for a third party review? :D

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 04:31:07 AM »
Just had my PS3 and Wii stolen about 2 and a half weeks ago.. Got them back but never got half the games back.

Once the insurance pays up (if they do) i'll be on the search for some new games, anyone played the new Streetfighter game?

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 05:39:52 AM »
Resistance: Fall of Man is the best game on PS3.

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 07:21:19 AM »
COD4 kills Resistance.

Im still playing it most nights online. Cant wait for MW2

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
They should make a mech warrior game for PS3.

Offline Boeijen

• WF Colonel
  • It's all great!
    • View Profile
    • Mark Boeijen profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2009, 01:29:16 PM »
Resistance 2 > Resistance

If your refering to Street Fighter 4 Nick then yeah it's pretty good but I played for about a month to unlock all the chars then dropped it.
Musician

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2009, 02:25:51 PM »
They should make a mech warrior game for PS3.

They're making a reboot of the series on the PC and 360, but there aren't any plans for a PS3 release. They've stumbled into some legal trouble too with some of the Battletech 'mechs so you probably won't see it until Q3 2010.

First I gotta recommend Uncharted. It should only be about $30 these days and it's a fantastic adventure/3rd person shooter game with excellent voice-work and a solid 'Indiana Jones' inspired story line. The sequel was released a short time ago but I absolutely recommend getting this first. If you're disappointed, I'll cover the cost of your purchase mate :P

For racing goodness you've got plenty of choice too.

Off-road arcade = Motorstorm Pacific Rift
On-road arcade = Burnour Paradise
over-track simulation = Wipeout HD
on-track simulation = Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (the full version is coming out sometime Q4 2010 ie: christmas, so you might want to hold off)

I've poured lots of time into all four of them and again, you shouldn't be disappointed whatever your decision. If I had to choose one, it'd be Motorstorm Pacific Rift. You never do get tired of smooshing motorcycle riders in monster trucks :laugh: Every one of those games, except GT I think, now has downloadable content too, so you're guaranteed to get more than you paid for.
I also hear Need For Speed Shift is pretty damn excellent too and not at all like the usual crap they've been churning out for years, a real reboot of the series.

For 1st person shooters I'm going to echo the sentiments of Ormsby and give Modern Warfare the nod. 2 years after release and it's still selling like hot cakes with one of the most active online communities. That scene (you know what I'm talking about) is worth the price of admission on its own. The sequel is coming out in a months time so you might want to wait until then to either get the sequel or pick up a used copy of MW1 at a rock-bottom price.

Plenty more great choices out there. Infamous, Prototype, Metal Gear Solid 4, Dead Space, Fallout 3, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, Batman: Arkham Asylum... And they're only the top tier games, there's heaps of others I'd recommend that aren't quite as polished, but still a blast to sit down with.

That should keep you busy :P
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2009, 03:22:20 PM »
I'm hanging out for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 more than anything else.

They look pretty neat at first glance, not that i'd have the time to actually play them.

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2009, 04:19:55 PM »
I'd say the new Mechwarrior is the one I'm waiting for the most, if it ever happens.

Think I might pick up the new NFS when I get home this weekend, that cockpit view looks fantastic

:o

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »
Just had my PS3 and Wii stolen about 2 and a half weeks ago.. Got them back but never got half the games back.

Once the insurance pays up (if they do) i'll be on the search for some new games, anyone played the new Streetfighter game?

This being Street Fighter 4? I had it on the xbox 360, my girlfriend and I owned it, then she broke up with me recently so now she's keeping it along with all the games I bought, which are more than the ones she did. I loved Street Fighter 4, online battles were so much fucking fun apart from the fact that everyone and their grandmother would circle between Sagat and Ken, and either spam fireballs, or dragon punches. Now if you were a non-cheap player you could take these idiots down easily. I'm considering getting a PS3 now to hopefully play FFXIII and Tekken 6 in the near future, but to be honest the only games I'm hanging out to play are Diablo III and SC2... so maybe a good new computer > gaming console.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2009, 04:47:32 PM »

For the record, Im wearing those exact same shoes that Wade has on right now. :P

Mongeese like results

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »
This being Street Fighter 4? I had it on the xbox 360, my girlfriend and I owned it, then she broke up with me recently so now she's keeping it along with all the games I bought, which are more than the ones she did.

;D

I'm hanging out for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 more than anything else.

They look pretty neat at first glance, not that i'd have the time to actually play them.
C'mon, mate.. you'd make the perfect babysitter. Plonk little Ritchie down on the couch next to ya and Linda can go off and do the shopping.  ;)

Offline Crud

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2009, 05:44:46 PM »
This being Street Fighter 4? I had it on the xbox 360, my girlfriend and I owned it, then she broke up with me recently so now she's keeping it 

This chick have a wooden leg?

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
This being Street Fighter 4? I had it on the xbox 360, my girlfriend and I owned it, then she broke up with me recently so now she's keeping it 

HAHAHAHAHA!!! nice one.

And Daz, how else do you baby sit a kid that age? Its the only way! Then they get older and want to start actually playing the games.... so you build "them" a MAME.
Mongeese like results

Offline Cortex

• WF Major
  • The mind is the rage that can devour.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 06:50:19 PM »
Street Fighter IV FTW! I've been thrashing NFS Shift for a while now, awesome game, so realistic and so much fun! Also been playing a lot of Heroes over Europe, Red Faction Guerilla, Batman Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 5, still pllaying Fallout 3, the DLC available adds a ton of fun.

Re: Prototype and inFamous, inFamous has remained fun to play over and over again whereas Prototype I got bored of the day I got it, uber repetitive.
http://www.myspace.com/bindingtheflesh

There are no gods, no devils, no angels,
no heaven or hell.
There is only our natural world.
Religion is but myth and superstition
that hardens hearts and enslaves minds

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »
Re: Prototype and inFamous, inFamous has remained fun to play over and over again whereas Prototype I got bored of the day I got it, uber repetitive.

Probably agree with you on that one, regarding Prototype. Even with an endless, ENDLESS list of rad things to do (ie: fly-kicking helicopters, throwing cars at people, slicing hundreds of people to ribbons in an instant, jumping off a skyscraper and SLAMMING into an unsuspecting guy...) it all becomes a bit dull because you can pretty much do everything within the first few hours.

The whole story-line of "I NEEEEED TO KNOWWWWWWW NO MATTER THE COST" is a bit dry too. Still, it was a damn enjoyable few hours and I got plenty of laughs out of it.

Offline Cortex

• WF Major
  • The mind is the rage that can devour.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »
Yeah agreed, it was super fun while it was fun, but that wasn't a very long time haha. I think the main thing that irks me vs. inFamous is that to run around and do all these super acrobatics you simply hold a button and run, no challenge required to nagivate the environment whatsoever, and the whole city is quite bland and sameish as well.
http://www.myspace.com/bindingtheflesh

There are no gods, no devils, no angels,
no heaven or hell.
There is only our natural world.
Religion is but myth and superstition
that hardens hearts and enslaves minds

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 11:05:56 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA!!! nice one.
Ah, c'mon on guys, give this guy a break.. the games obviously just happened to be in the same box she kept his nuts in.
 ;D