Author Topic: New Black Metal band from Perth.  (Read 4154 times)

Offline Atheos

• WF Private
    • View Profile
New Black Metal band from Perth.
« on: April 08, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
Hi guys, i have a new Black Metal band called Vagrond. we are raw and melodic for fans of old Darkthrone, Drudkh, Wolves in the Throne Room etc. Please check us out and let us know what you think, we'd appreciate it:

www.myspace.com/vagrond

Thanks

the tracks on our myspace are unfinished versions from our forthcoming album 'Bleeding Fields'
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:11:18 AM by Atheos »

Offline Bherstuk

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Re: New Black Metal band from Perth.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 04:28:09 AM »
Sweet look forward to hearing more full support :D!
Down Tempo Enthusiast

Core is shit.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 05:25:11 AM »
Hi guys, i have a new Black Metal band called Vagrond. we are raw and melodic for fans of old Darkthrone, Drudkh, Wolves in the Throne Room etc. Please check us out and let us know what you think, we'd appreciate it:

www.myspace.com/vagrond

Thanks

the tracks on our myspace are unfinished versions from our forthcoming album 'Bleeding Fields'

no 'Hails'? No 'Blackest regards'? No 'in darkness'? Man, no way can you write good black metal  ::)

:P

Mongeese like results

Offline Bherstuk

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 02:18:09 PM »

www.myspace.com/vagrond

Thanks

no 'Hails'? No 'Blackest regards'? No 'in darkness'? Man, no way can you write good black metal  ::)

Not all people in black metal are down with t3h Gr1mn3ss.
Down Tempo Enthusiast

Core is shit.

Offline Atheos

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 09:20:48 PM »

www.myspace.com/vagrond

Thanks

we do not wish to concern ourselves with being more 'grim' or 'evil' than everyone else. we simply wish to express our distaste for conformist society and inspire free thought through our music.

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:22:09 PM »
we simply wish to express our distaste for conformist society

Just like every other band, hey?  ;D

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 01:50:40 AM »
Hahaha no shit.   ;D

Nothing personal to Atheos, but every other day a new black metal band forms in Perth.  It is TRENDY to be an extreme black metal musician these days, and that is a most unMetal attitude.  Where are the bands blazing new trails?  Why does every teenager with a bit of a chip on his shoulder chose black metal as a medium?  I hate to say it, but Rage against the Machine is an angrier sounding band than most of the black metal bands I hear these days. 

Be original and be original. 

Offline Funeral Tormentor

• WF Lieutenant
  • disharmonious misanthropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 02:11:14 AM »
good job lads, cant wait to hear more music for you  :headbang:

and Jez mate, good black metal is good black metal, there is too many mediocre black metal bands and angsty "scene" kids in the world and they will all eventually fall by the way side and no one will remember them. Perth is pumping out some decent black metal bands and music with plenty of anger and aggresiveness at the moment and from what i can hear from these boys, From beyond, Labyrinth and Bereavement and the rest about to emerge the black metal perth scene is doing pretty well... FUCKING Support it!!!!. It doesnt matter if  its Black, Death or whatever Stop being a bunch of metal fucking snobs and fucking support it!!!

dont be a dick, dont be a dick...

*Trendy... is to bash new local bands on a website mate...

To all you Dipshits who comlpian about declining numbers should maybe start suporting other local bands, not bashing them on this fucking site!!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:26:39 AM by Havoc »
www.myspace.com/lordhavoc666 - Dark Misanthropy - Raw Depressive Black Metal

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 02:35:43 AM »
I wasnt bagging him out, I was having a joke. I listened to all 3 songs. Sorry, but I dont like it, and I grew up listening to Darkthrone, Burzum, Immortal, Satyricon etc etc. Just my opinion of course... which is probably invalid, since I hardly listen to the bands I just listed these days as most of it bores me after half an album. Still.... if you love it, do it.
Mongeese like results

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 02:46:52 AM »
I'm not bashing anyone.  But it is black metal, black metal, black metal these days, getting tired of the same old same old. 

Offline profanatica

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 03:14:21 AM »
Catalyst, I have some questions for you.

You say that black metal bands form in Perth "every other day". This would insinuate there are around, what, like around 150 a year?

From my guess, there are probably around 5 or 6 "active" black metal bands, and I'm applying the "black metal" label here pretty liberally. (In the sense that using keyboards, makeup and "grim" facial expressions doesn't automatically a "black metal" band). Perhaps about 5 or 6 more who are mainly studio based bands.. sound fair enough? In fact I just checked out Metal Archives, did you know there are/have been 32 black metal projects in Perth? Ever?

Ok, now let's have a look at death metal bands. How many would you say there are now that are active? At least say 15-20? Wow, on Metal Archives - 43 death metal bands. Oh, and that's not counting the hundreds that haven't released anything.

Just having a look at some other genres there, it seems that combing power, thrash, core etc - amazing! More than black metal!

Apparently black metal isn't "blazing new trails"...?

So, tell me, is your band? Are any of the thash/core/death bands for that matter in Perth?

Feel free to correct me. I'm really keen to know how YOU are helping to solve the problem of "trendy" metal. I'm not trying to be rude, but cutting someone down and their choice of expression, so quickly easily, is much more rude. How does that help anyone?

For the record, perhaps you should support new bands that come out, you know, instead of trying to make them feel silly for expressing themselves? Funny that. I guess you'd like all new bands to write generic thrash/death hybrids? Original stuff that, isn't it.

Now, to the OP. Some good music there! Some improvements needed on the vocal recording, otherwise, great stuff!

Offline Funeral Tormentor

• WF Lieutenant
  • disharmonious misanthropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 04:13:01 AM »
  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :headbang:

profanatica, couldnt have said it better myself.
www.myspace.com/lordhavoc666 - Dark Misanthropy - Raw Depressive Black Metal

Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 04:37:17 AM »
EVERY band that has EVER formed ANYWHERE in the WORLD is boring generic shit!  ::)

Now lets move on shall we  :cunning:

On topic: Not my thing, but not bad

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 05:38:31 AM »
Apparently black metal isn't "blazing new trails"...?  So, tell me, is your band?

Gday!
Actually, I would say that we are one of the few that IS.   It's Neverborn, take a listen yourself.  http://www.myspace.com/madnessmyfriend  We are far from generic, so I expect you to hate it.

For the record, perhaps you should support new bands that come out, you know, instead of trying to make them feel silly for expressing themselves?
 Haha yeah.... I have spent years supporting new bands that pop up here, I seldom criticise new bands without cause (Luckily, they all too often give me cause before long).  Truth be told, I am having an anti-black metal week because of that fucking retard Sedaal who was pushing his band, such fake and hackneyed grimness that he put me right off black metal, I want him to drown in his corpsepaint.  So the introduction of another BM band a few days later is just bad timing I guess.  I'll retract my statement, at least until I am proven right.  

I guess you'd like all new bands to write generic thrash/death hybrids? Original stuff that, isn't it.
What?  No, that is whole point of my issue, bands pumping out genre-specific easily- labled and demographically marketted mass produced generic...  look, my point is this:  We HAVE good black metal bands.  We HAVE good grind bands.  We have symphonic and melodic death bands falling out our asses.  The thing I long for is something fresh, a shock to the system.  Claim the Throne are a good example of a band that carved their own niche in the city, viking metal in Perth is a breath of fresh air.  There are others too, Wrath of Fenhir are trying something a bit different, as are Mhorgl, Nexus, Lacrymae and a few more.  We have very few thrash/speedmetal bands right now, THAT would be interesting.

I am all for bands playing the music that reaches them, but once you start down a well-trodden path - be it in any form of metal - you are destined to be generic.  Writing unique stuff is much harder to do.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:40:07 AM by Catalyst »

Offline Atheos

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 06:11:05 AM »
thank you everyone who has shown interest and checked out our music even if you hate us! truth be told i have been in bands before that have tried to mix genres and create something new but i've always felt that it lacked something that i connect with in music. nearly all the bands i listen to are interesting bands who are pushing the boundaries of metal and music so i know where many of you are coming from. however, i've always been a huge black metal fan and even though there are unique, genre pushing black metal bands, i've always liked my black metal raw, primitive, melodic and emotional. i know it sounds cliched but to me black metal is almost spiritual. fellow black metal fans may understand that but if you don't like black metal that's fine and you obviously wont like our band. i'm sure everyone that likes original music also likes other styles of music that retain a certain sound, for example straight forward thrash like Slayer. for me that genre is black metal.

catalyst- i like neverborn, keep up the good work. i actually know mike pretty well.

Offline PremierMaelstrom

• WF Colonel
  • PROGRESS
    • View Profile
    • NeXuS - just fucking metal
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 11:37:02 PM »
i like  :eyebrows:
It all catches up on you when you slow down ...

Offline cheersvb

• WF Colonel
  • woo!
    • View Profile
    • cheersvb
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 12:16:19 AM »
Apparently black metal isn't "blazing new trails"...?  So, tell me, is your band?

Gday!
Actually, I would say that we are one of the few that IS.   It's Neverborn, take a listen yourself.  http://www.myspace.com/madnessmyfriend  We are far from generic, so I expect you to hate it.

hate to say it but your not really blazing new trials, just in my my opinion. :hmm:
6169 4 lyf

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 06:35:18 PM »
i dont like to sub class, too much anyway, what is just fuckn good heavy shit.
I either like it or i dont. its never because of genre, or some crazy assed self defined "new class" of metal, or so they think.

blaze new trails musically, in yer song writing, however that is, whether you try to, or not, or know how you did it or not.
Just make sure youre loving every fucking minute of it. or dont bother.

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 03:09:29 AM »
i dont like to sub class, too much anyway, what is just fuckn good heavy shit.
I either like it or i dont. its never because of genre, or some crazy assed self defined "new class" of metal, or so they think.

blaze new trails musically, in yer song writing, however that is, whether you try to, or not, or know how you did it or not.
Just make sure youre loving every fucking minute of it. or dont bother.

Quite possibly the best advice ever. There are many bands who are pretty much your cookie cutter death metal or black metal but they're still fucking awesome because they write good music with good riffs that flow well and better than most bands that seem to try to experiment with too much and end up failing because of the lack of coherence. It's all subjective anyway.

Offline DreadLine

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • www.ozfishforsale.com.au
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 06:23:39 PM »
I agree good metal is subjective to the listener. So just make sure you're happy doin' what you're doin' and don't give a fuck about everyone else's opinion! That's the metal way!
Btw - Jamie good work, sounds fucking brutal brother!