Author Topic: Nerd Corner  (Read 58804 times)

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
Re: Nerd Corner
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 10:05:25 AM »
what emulator do i need to play snes games?

snes9x.exe

Add me to msn (if you have it) and i'll help you out

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
  • Invite the Darkside In....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 10:28:27 AM »
Best Games ever:-

Master System - Golden Axe, Shinobi's, Altered Beast, Ghouls and Ghosts, Strider, California Games, Rampart

Mega Drive-  Streets of Rage, Mutant League Football, Sonic's, Road rash's, Afterburner

Nes - Battletoads, Metroid, Mario's, Faxanadu

Snes - Mario Kart, F-Zero, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Donkey Kong
Conquest is made from the ashes of ones enemies...

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
  • Invite the Darkside In....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 10:29:40 AM »
oh yeah abandonware thats right, try out Zeliard and Gods..they are good classic pc games.
Conquest is made from the ashes of ones enemies...

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 10:31:46 AM »
Hail Shinobi  8)

Horror

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »
Hahahaha cool I used to have emulators years ago, thought they had all been banned. Got Streets of Rage 2 classiccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 10:49:44 AM »
Download WinUae and get amiga roms They PWN all Nothing beats the amiga 500 NOTHING!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 10:51:12 AM by trifixion »

Offline DeathsWhore

• WF Colonel
  • Earth is the insane asylum for the universe
    • View Profile
    • Cold Meat
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 12:42:55 PM »
Im a Duke Nukem gal personaly, although my favorite game ever was Phantasmagoria.  (After "MARIO KAAAAART!!!"  ;) )
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 12:43:28 PM by DeathsWhore »

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 12:46:13 PM »
Ahaha fuck yes, I have the snes mariokart rom and a load of modded versions
Where you can be starwars characters, Sega characters, nickelodeon characters. its awesome

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 02:06:15 PM »
..and on that day, the skies were spilt in twain, thus forth a gaming thread was issued among the mortals, and lo! The mortals did rejoice, and the electronic embraces of challenge, imagination and participation didst rain hard from the skies upon them. Ha. Hails to archangel for starting the thread, i personally shall aim to keep this one alive, lest it be renamed and be wrathful in its resurgent vehemence. And stuff.  :)

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 02:12:46 PM »
Thine Hated, 'rom me up' man, ive got a working emulator and am searching for more roms.. a couple old favourite roms from my A500 days dont work unfortunately, namely Moonstone, and It Came From The Desert 'Antheads'.. probably some more too.. if theres any way anyone can help out or is looking to trade roms etc then post away, or preferably pm me with more concise details.. Also, if anyone can explain to me how to create a hard drive for amiga using the emulator or other tools would be appreciated.

Other stuff for my wishlist, working Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2 MAME roms, and any emulators or roms etc (or anything to do with) Neon Genesis : Evangelion, id be very grateful.

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 02:54:27 PM »
Omg i would soo kill you at Killer Instinct.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 02:56:32 PM »
Ahh Gareth, The Last Ninja series ruled!
8)

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
HA! ill believe that when i see it. Though granted, i would consider myself largely out of practice, and never had a nintendo of any sort to practice on.. so you just may gringo-san.. you just may..

And Darren, indeed they did!! Hard as fuck though.. my choice goes to Last Ninja 2, 3 just went totally nuts.. but the whole series has the most kick ass tunes ever.. so many fantastic old amiga games with killer music.. Anyhting by "The Bitmap Brothers" Speedball 2000, Xenon 1 & 2, Gods, Chaos Enigine.. and then other stuff like Turrican 1 & 2, Skate or Die haha, the list goes on..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:01:12 PM by Noxeraph »

Offline seasonsintheabyss

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 03:11:15 PM »
how the fuck do you guys remember games from like 10 years ago?
and if i played them when i was a little kid,you would have been playing them as teenagers!
haha you nerds :D
no stairway? denied!!

Samoth

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 03:18:01 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA DAZ TOP AVATAR MATE!!!

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2006, 03:29:58 PM »
Unfortunately we only had a poorly C64, and a tape deck for a good while  :-/ before finally getting a disk drive. So many classic games, like The Last Ninja ones, Barbarian (purely for the decapitation), Spy Hunter, Defender of the Crown, Aliens (the good version), Gauntlet, Ghostbusters, Impossible Mission (aptly named, but good just for the digitized speech / screams), BC Bill (hah!), Rampage, Ninja.. and yeah, the list goes on. :P

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2006, 03:30:53 PM »
Haha, cheers Sam ;)

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2006, 03:32:36 PM »
Gareth I have everyone of those Amiga games you just said (in amiga and rom format), Amiga disks can be converted to pc roms but its slow and painfull to do WINUAE does it if you have the pro version.
I also have a working Killer instinct for snes rom ;D
And yes any bitmap brother game Pwns, Speedball 2000 fuckin owns i play that when i am bored all the time  ;D

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2006, 03:36:54 PM »
Unfortunately we only had a poorly C64, and a tape deck for a good while  :-/ before finally getting a disk drive. So many classic games, like The Last Ninja ones, Barbarian (purely for the decapitation), Spy Hunter, Defender of the Crown, Aliens (the good version), Gauntlet, Ghostbusters, Impossible Mission (aptly named, but good just for the digitized speech / screams), BC Bill (hah!), Rampage, Ninja.. and yeah, the list goes on. :P

Fuck yes! I had a commodore 64 until it died last year :( it lasted longer then the power pack to my A500 and my A1200 cpu lol I think all of them games (and there incredible loading time :P ) were so much more entertaining then todays games.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2006, 03:41:54 PM »
My folks would still have a couple of c64s and the pile of games at their place.. and yeah, gameplay beats graphics any day.
What was annoying though was when you'd see the cover for a game and you'd think man that must be awesome.. then you see the actual graphics/game play and be hell let down. Or when there was a game of a great movie or something and they made it into a rubbish game.  :-/

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2006, 03:52:33 PM »
Yeah the first dune game was a total let down but battle for arakis fucking owned it still owns C&C

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2006, 03:57:05 PM »
can you remember the Amiga game for Return of the jedi? ahaha that was awesome, you could drive a chicken walker!  :D

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2006, 03:58:21 PM »
Ohhhhh the nostalgia.. i have in my living room, thanks to Noctvn, a working C64, and a bunch of great games also.. my old 64 was sold many a year ago, I dont know where or if i even have my old 600+ games for the Amiga, yet i think i actually have two A500's, (or is one a 600? i forget, if i have either of them..) but no working power packs.. can someone sell me one? Or is anyone a smart ass electrician able to frankenstein one up for me? Dont know the exact specs, and its a long shot..

Deceptive covers, Horrible movie to game conversions, Digitized speech, Ultra awesome Midi+ music, possibly the best Aliens game yet, apart from AVP2 pc, and AVP arcade, which i have a great MAME rom for :) Barbarian, sooo many more, all memories from the superb Commodore era.. ;D

Offline ham

• WF Corporal
  • Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2006, 04:18:53 PM »
Sega Pwns Snes I have Master system, Mega drive, SNES, NES and 64 Roms fucking shit loads of them there small downloads and entertain you for hours ;D

I've got a Sega Saturn with about 40 top condition, original, PAL games, and a Dreamcast who's sole purpose is to run my SNES emulator :)

Neither of which I've touched in yonks. Still pull the Saturn out for some Bomberman or X-Men vs. Streetfighter though.

me = wins

Offline Regnator Wardaemon

• WF Colonel
  • Protector Of The Ancient Cult
    • View Profile
    • Wardaemonic
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2006, 04:44:32 PM »
Ok nerd kvnts, nerd me up. I wanna know how to play old classics too!!!! All I have is PS2. What do I need? Where do I get it done? Who's gonna shout me games?

You really wanna be my friend...
WARDAEMONIC "Echoes of Ageless Flames" OUT NOW!!! For More Info: http://www.wardaemonic.com +++ http://www.myspace.com/wardaemonic