Author Topic: Nerd Corner  (Read 58812 times)

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Nerd Corner
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2006, 05:26:04 PM »
Ok nerd kvnts, nerd me up. I wanna know how to play old classics too!!!! All I have is PS2. What do I need? Where do I get it done? Who's gonna shout me games?

You really wanna be my friend...

Fear not, ancient comrade, i can help scholar you in the arts of historic gaming.. I can equip thee with a fossilic "Amiga" emulator program and nearly 300 games.. some of which are even alien to myself, also, a MAME (arcade machine) emulator plus some worthy games, from the early nineties.. the lands of sega and nintendo yet remain unknownst to me however, save a few..

Errr.. yeah. *Pollishes glasses*. Wait a minute, i dont have glasses...

Samoth

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2006, 05:29:58 PM »
it's ok, you meant the glasses that you pour milk into.  ;D

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
  • Invite the Darkside In....
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2006, 06:15:59 PM »
Yeah the first dune game was a total let down but battle for arakis fucking owned it still owns C&C

totally agree, i played dune 2 till my eyes bled.

Games that gave me the best feeling when i clocked em.

Commander Keen 3

Gods

Duke Nukem 3 (Apogee)

Metroid ( Nes)

Battletoads (so bullshit hard)

All double dragons

If i new what a big fat fucking cuban cigar was when i was 10, i woulda had one for each of them.  If i knew what masterbating was...fuck it.. clocking old school games is better than masterbating...

There I said it...I said what we're all thinking.
Conquest is made from the ashes of ones enemies...

Samoth

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2006, 07:01:20 PM »

Commander Keen 3

Aaaahahahaha holy shit Commander Keen!  :D

Offline seasonsintheabyss

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2006, 08:57:19 PM »
i remember picking original c.k up at a market stall when i was 9.
no stairway? denied!!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2006, 02:00:10 AM »

I've got a Sega Saturn with about 40 top condition, original, PAL games, and a Dreamcast who's sole purpose is to run my SNES emulator :)

Neither of which I've touched in yonks. Still pull the Saturn out for some Bomberman or X-Men vs. Streetfighter though.

me = wins

you = not quite wins. I have....
Sega Master System 2 w/15 games
Sega Megadrive 1
Sega Megadrive 2 w/30+ games
Sega Mega CD 2 w/5 games
Sega Saturn (x2) w/30+ games
Sega Game Gear (not working) w/3 games
Super Nintendo w/12 games
Nintendo 64 w/15 games
and the best.....
Atari 2600 original wood grain dash w/chrome switches w/20+ games

Best games that I have....(* = clocked game at least once)
master system - Wonder Boy 2 : Wonder Boy In Monster Land*, Alex Kidd in Miracle World*
Megadrive - NBA Jam*, Streets of Rage*, Golden Axe*, Sonic series*
Saturn - Sega Rally*, Saturn Bomberman*
Mega CD - Sega Boxing*
SNES - Mario Kart*, Battle Toads*, Donkey Kong Country*
N64 - Mario Kart*, Mario Golf*, Madden 64
Atari - Centipede*, Bezerk

me=wins
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 02:04:03 AM by mago_haydz »
Mongeese like results

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2006, 03:37:38 AM »
Holy crap that is IMPRESSIVE!!

Do u have Surround on the Atari?  I think me and my relatives destroyed so many of this rubber joysticks with that game.

Battletoads was FRICKIN hard..well at least on NES it was.. kudos.

Are u a Madden fan? I need someone competitive to play on xbox.  My mates won't play that game with me anymore.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2006, 03:42:11 AM »
Holy crap that is IMPRESSIVE!!

Do u have Surround on the Atari?  I think me and my relatives destroyed so many of this rubber joysticks with that game.

Battletoads was FRICKIN hard..well at least on NES it was.. kudos.

Are u a Madden fan? I need someone competitive to play on xbox.  My mates won't play that game with me anymore.

I love the madden games. But the latest one I have played is the Madden 64, which was about 98 I think. I dont have an Xbox, as you can see from my list - dont want one either, nor a Playstation or any of that crap. Complex games with mega graphics and sound dont do it for me. Im old school. The best game EVER, which one day I will possess in table version, is Galaga. Thats fucking expensive these days though - about $1200 is the cheapest I have seen it.
Mongeese like results

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2006, 03:46:14 AM »
And yes, Battle Toads would definitely be one of the hardest games I have ever clocked. Double Dragon was no walk in the park either. Mario Golf (N64) is quite fucking difficult and very time consuming - but I've done it 3 times now, and 2 of them not by choice....some dickhead (probably me) reset it somehow....twice!
Mongeese like results

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2006, 03:53:12 AM »
thats cool, i can respect that, but it is pretty early days to shun technology.  We will be seeing bullshit stuff in 10 years, i am going to try and keep up if i can.  I was playing halo and my granddad asked me what movie i was watching i had to laugh a little and explained... he sat down in awe for about an hour and went to his workshop for the rest of the day and sulked.

Offline cheersvb

• WF Colonel
  • woo!
    • View Profile
    • cheersvb
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2006, 03:59:21 AM »
Duke Nukem 64 was the best Nukem game, mainly for the Piracy multiplayer level.

Best game I've ever played would have to be The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. That or Postal 2.

Mago_ = wins.
6169 4 lyf

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2006, 04:05:21 AM »
I never played postal 2, is that good because its violent or whatever?? i played that one on xbox, where u murder people, fun as a gimmick, but utter shit as far as games go.

Link and Zelda on nes (gold and silver carts) were amazing games.  I felt a bit like Mago when they revamp games tho.. I might join him in his cave.

Offline metal_discharge

• WF Corporal
  • Thrash 'til Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2006, 04:11:55 AM »
haha postal 2 is funny shit, u piss on people till they chuck up and then u get a shovel and make them piss and cut there head off and play soccer with it

Offline cheersvb

• WF Colonel
  • woo!
    • View Profile
    • cheersvb
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2006, 04:12:19 AM »
Postal 2 has the best premise of any game ever made. The goal is to get your wife a Rocky Road. It's like GTA but using a Half Life game engine, and the weapons are fucking great. There's nothing like pissing in a nurses mouth, then belting off her spewing head with a shovel, kicking it around and torching masses of bodies with gasoline and a lighter. It's rediculously violent, awesome graphics and the fact that you can fuck up a town with a napalm launcher makes it fucking sick.
6169 4 lyf

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2006, 04:21:19 AM »
CON-verted. Would someone like to store a back up copy at my house for safe keeping in case a bushfire detroys their original copy?

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2006, 04:40:36 AM »
Ok, As alot of you have amiga roms ;D
Does anyone have Superfrog? I am missing disk four of the amiga version, so does anyone have a rom of it?
I pretty much have everything else that ever came out on a amiga (disk and rom), So i am sure i have something you can trade me for. Also have a shit load of sega/64/snes roms.
Someone has to have it, Its was my favourite platform as a kid it pwn'd mario and sonic.
Anyone remember Brian the lion? I have that its fucking awesome ;D

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2006, 04:55:13 AM »
Hey ur only 19 hey?  How did u get into amiga?  I only just was in commodore 64 at about 7-8.  I thought amiga preceeded that? Also i used to play some computer with a tape loader and a screen that only had a green and green screen, some of the games on that were Dracula's Castle, Loderunner, Bezerk, asteroids..pretty intense but i was really young.  Mr Upsidedown could tell u more, he was a bit older than me and my gaming idol.  When he conquered Gods we celebrated with cocoapops at 3am.  i think i was about 9

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2006, 05:05:49 AM »
I played my dads C64 when i was 4 then when my brother was born when i was five my dad gave me an Amiga 500 and 600+ (so i wouldn;t feel left out with them giving him all the attention, I was sold ;D ) I never owned a computer till i was in yr 7, Never really wanted to.. the amiga was my favourite Console I played it till then and still play it now, I used to buy boxes of amiga games (like 50 at a go) from cashies when i was 8 for like 10 bucks a box, so i had an extensive collection ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 05:06:42 AM by trifixion »

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2006, 05:09:21 AM »
Cashies used to sell them as "blank disks" cos most of them were copied games and couldn't be sold legally

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2006, 05:10:44 AM »
You know what was the best thing about the Amiga's?
You could plug Master system and mega drive controllers in and use them instead of joysticks.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 05:11:22 AM by trifixion »

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2006, 05:12:48 AM »
Hey ur only 19 hey?  How did u get into amiga?  I only just was in commodore 64 at about 7-8.  I thought amiga preceeded that? Also i used to play some computer with a tape loader and a screen that only had a green and green screen, some of the games on that were Dracula's Castle, Loderunner, Bezerk, asteroids..pretty intense but i was really young.  Mr Upsidedown could tell u more, he was a bit older than me and my gaming idol.  When he conquered Gods we celebrated with cocoapops at 3am.  i think i was about 9

That wasnt an Amstrad was it? They were classic! I remember the good old Amstrad CPC464 from when I was about 8-10. Classic shit.

Im quite happy in my classic old school games cave thanks man. If I did buy a PS2/Xbox the only game I would get would be NBA Live 2006. I love the NBA Live series, and have played nearly every single one countless times from NBA Showdown '94 to NBA Live 2003 (PC). Ive got Showdown 94, live 95 and live 96 on Megadrive, live 97 on Saturn, Live 99 on N64, Live 01 and 03 on PC.

As far as old school PC games go, the entire Commander Keen (1-6, or maybe 7) and Duke Nukem 1-3 (before it went 3D first player, which was a direct rip off of Wolfenstein 3D), Captain Comic, Tank Wars, Hugo's House Of Horrors 1 & 2, Leisure Suit Larry 1-6, Catacombs and pretty much any sierra game where you have to type in the commands like "pick up pumpkin", "smash pumpkin", "pick up key", "unlock door", "open door" - and that was just to get into the house to start the game of Hugo's House Of Horrors.
Mongeese like results

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2006, 05:14:21 AM »
You know what was the best thing about the Amiga's?
You could plug Master system and mega drive controllers in and use them instead of joysticks.

Back in the old 386SX days I used to plug my Megadrive controller into the PC and use that to play. It was awesome!
Mongeese like results

Offline Thine Hated

• WF Colonel
  • The horror Continues
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2006, 05:16:18 AM »
Fuck yes !  :D

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2006, 05:32:04 AM »

"pick up pumpkin", "smash pumpkin", "pick up key", "unlock door", "open door" - and that was just to get into the house to start the game of Hugo's House Of Horrors.

i took me a while to figure out how to get past that stupid dog.  Yeah i love Sierra, Apogee and ID games.

Anyone wanna have an old school game convention.  I have megadrive and snes, we'll just buy up games from all our local cashies, will be easy coz we all live in working class areas and get together and play 'em with loads of junkfood. If u have surround on the 2600 i wanna kick ur ass at that Mago

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2006, 05:36:29 AM »
I dont think I have ever played or seen Surround. I not this game you speak of.
Anyway, all my consoles are in storage for the time being - and my boys arent playing them for many years to come! I want them to respect the console, treasure it, caress it, stroke it, loooove it, and most of all - NOT BREAK IT! Mind you them joypads were quite tough. No matter how hard you throw them, they seem to bounce straight back in tact - except the stupid N64 ones where that crappy little stick thing always goes limp. nothing worse than a flaccid stick.  :P
Mongeese like results