Author Topic: Nerd Corner  (Read 58800 times)

Samoth

Re: Nerd Corner
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2006, 01:52:55 PM »
Stuck playing the original DOOM 1!! CLASSIC!!  ;D

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2006, 02:36:25 PM »
Been sucked into CS: Source for about 7 months now.. lol
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline jarrydn

• WF Colonel
  • THESE kind of skills?
    • View Profile
    • Arterial Hemorrhage
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2006, 07:10:47 AM »
I've been putting some serious though into maybe someday thinking about coming up with a game based on western front.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2006, 07:40:42 AM »
I've been putting some serious though into maybe someday thinking about coming up with a game based on western front.

I guess it'd look like this.

Boredom + Insomnia are a dangerous mix.

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2006, 08:06:56 AM »
Hahaha awesome work. :P

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2006, 07:13:17 AM »
Hahah, great work again.. +hail+

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2006, 08:53:16 AM »
Fucking Oath! You get hails on the hour, every hour, (until i forget) for that one!

Funny as fuck!

:D

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2006, 07:03:09 PM »
At the request of Noxy, lets get this fucker going again....

I just flicked on Ski Or Die, another DOS classic that I used to play, but seeing as though its DOS sounds, playing it at work probably isnt the greatest thing to do.  :P
Mongeese like results

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2006, 08:04:09 PM »
There has been talk of video games and I wasnt informed!!!?  >:(

UNACCEPTABLE.

Western Front : Lord of Tangents. - Lets fire up the nerd corner thread again for this, at least then i'll know where to look. Pre teen skanks dont particularly concern me. Gaming does.

Right,

Original Doom ey.
I was always a fan of SpiderMasterMind, you can make him and Cyberdemon verse in one of the levels but you need cheats.
To you, im pretty sure there is a stage in Doom2 where if you dont run into the room guns blazing, you can sit back and watch the SpiderMaster and CyberDemon shoot it out standing on a small podium each. Cool to watch as CD sometimes wins because of his firepower but sometimes SM because of firing the chain cannon doesnt let CD recover quick enough to let off a shot. Place your bets people!

I think also i remember an added stage in Doom2 where after fighting a CyberDemon you enter a room to find 4 Commander Keen's hanging by nooses above a hellish abyss. No one remembers this?

Lemmings was a total headfuck, but how hillarious, and i still remember the killer theme music..

Cannon Fodder was great as well, i think i have an amigaemu of that here somewhere.

Leisure Suit Larry was cool to but i didnt play through it very extensively, and i think i have the whole collection here on cd somewhere but not real sure how to get some of them going, think theyre glitched or something *

Hugos House Of Horrors had its charm as well, some pretty shitty solutions to some of the puzzles though, im really stuck in one where theres a canyon, a ladder and a fucking banana or something.  :-\  <?>

Monkey Island series (i hate to correct you Nihilist, but i think it was actually LucasArts who did this) are absolute Masterpieces and had a massive impact in my life. Responsible for side splitting laughter and at least a few skipped school days. Memorable from start to finish and cool that the humour was great throughout 1,2,3&4 though switching 4 to 3d wasnt entirely necessary.

Has anyone noticed that "Captain Jack Sparrow" is actually alot like Guybrush? Although i cant really Guybrush to have a lot of cunning or a deceitful nature he was the epitome of total chaos and has to be the luckiest character ever created. That with a bit of logic, lunacy, making an ass of himself and absolutely fucking things up things would turn out alright. So i guess thats why i relate to Guybrush so well maybe.  :P

Yeah, in Doom 2! You shot them and they fell into a crumpled mass of gibs.

Did you ever get to the wolfenstein secret level? It had the blue gestapo guys in it!

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2006, 08:14:13 PM »
Also, cannon fodder would have to be one of my ALL TIME favourite games.

I've never actually passed it, however, I got to the desert level with the landmines where you get ONE soldier to destroy all enemies + buildings. The soldier's name was JOOLS  ;).

I used to save and reload if Jools or Jops got killed. As a result they became generals, along with CJ and Stu.

I actually cared about those little guys. They just don't make games like that anymore.

IIRC, you don't need cheats to make demons fight eachother in doom. You just need them to get caught in crossfire, then they'll hapilly kill each other.

<nostalgia>
That's the only way I could ever get through the first mission of the 3rd episode on Ultra-Violence, four Cacodaemons and only a pistol to kill them with? Get fucked. I just ran around hiding behind the big stakes with the impaled heads on them. It was much more entertaining to watch the legions of hell kill each other.
</nostalgia>

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2006, 11:50:01 PM »
Hail The Resurrection of NERD CORNER!
 ;D
Good on ya Haydz.
Inge, yeah i played that stage, kick ass. Jools, Jops, Stu and CJ were fucking troopers man, i would do everything i could as their commander to ensure their saftey as well. I think after recruiting other guys if they were killed they levelled up as well, but it just wasnt the same was it?

Offline BlackDeath

• SUPREME LEGION Operative
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • SUPREME LEGION FaceBook Page
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2006, 12:18:47 AM »
That link that Mago posted in the other thread is great ... too bad you can't download most of the good games.  :(
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2006, 12:37:02 AM »
yeah i was just about to ask that...i sat on the LSL page for 5 minutes trying to find the download link, and games like GTA they say are free (which i have on cd orginal) and games like wolf...costs money??
http://www.abandonia.com/games/en/120/LarryInLandofLoungeLizards.htm
anyone else see a donwload in there?
"HEY EVERYBODY this guy just bought a ribbed....*blah blah* condom"
"HAHAHAHAHA!!!"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 12:39:22 AM by blaaah »

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2006, 12:51:46 AM »
Hail The Resurrection of NERD CORNER!
 ;D
Good on ya Haydz.
Inge, yeah i played that stage, kick ass. Jools, Jops, Stu and CJ were fucking troopers man, i would do everything i could as their commander to ensure their saftey as well. I think after recruiting other guys if they were killed they levelled up as well, but it just wasnt the same was it?

Not sure what your trying to say :P

Your troupers gained a rank for each successful phase.

Did anyone here play maniac mansion on NES? That was fucking killer. Sid was the best!

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2006, 01:00:57 AM »
anyone into early warcraft, starcraft and the original command and conquer games?
warcraft 1 was a bit to be unexperienced in the realm of making strategy games, something about having to select the move button that took way to long. Warcraft 2 on the other hand was great, i remember only having a demo with the first 4 levels for ages, and used to play it over and over, would flood into the other bases with 100 orcs and just demolish the place.

Starcraft was really impressive for its time, a lot of in-depth story lines and huge array of units and buildings, though quite similar to warcraft 2 (yes i konw westwood did both etc)

the original command and conquer and red alert were fun, all those tiny insignificant marines that got built in 2 seconds and died from a single shot just made a beautiful bloodbath for attacks.

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2006, 01:05:12 AM »
Yeah, I was into Red Alert years ago (Original and the second one).
Loved building forts out of thick walls of inpenetrible tesla coils.
Even better in Red Alert 2, you could make them more powerful, or power independent by running them off those tesla troopers. ;D
I must slumber, per se.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2006, 01:07:30 AM »
Never liked any RTS game aside from Starcraft.

FEEL THE WRATH OF TERRAN EMPIRE

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2006, 01:52:06 AM »
Yeah, I was into Red Alert years ago (Original and the second one).
Loved building forts out of thick walls of inpenetrible tesla coils.
Even better in Red Alert 2, you could make them more powerful, or power independent by running them off those tesla troopers. ;D

the best in the RA 2 was playing as france in a skirmish, and having rows of grand cannons, then prism towers, then pill boxes, and anti air things all around ur base. Invinsible!!!!
first time i did that though i forgot aobut air protection, had this beautiful land defence, then suddenly 3 Kirov airships came in and i lost everything haha.

we should have a wf lan party ;) have 2 dedicated machines....1 running as a dedicated server and 1 as a dedicated mp3 player

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2006, 02:08:38 AM »
Inge, i meant i played the Doom stage which was kick ass, and you essentially explained what i meant about the soldiers levelling up through each phase. But it was a greivous event when any of 'the four' went down.

Starcraft is fucking brilliant, i dont have Warcraft II but would like to get it from somewhere? :-\ I think the first Warcraft was following the formula from something more like Dune II which was great for its time. Some people are downright aliens when it comes to playing Starcraft, just inhumanly awesome at the game, not sure im that good.  ;D

Quote from: Inge link=topic=34.msg22737#msg22737 date=1153991250

FEEL THE WRATH OF TERRAN EMPIRE

[/quote

For Aiur!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:11:59 AM by Noxeraph »

Offline metalnazi

• WF Major
  • SS school in session.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2006, 02:39:15 AM »
I have Warcraft, the Expansion, Warcraft 2 and the two Expansions for that, i used to play em when i was like 7.
Red Alert 2 i always went the team with Snipers, you put a Sniper into one of those trucks, which then fires like whatever unit is inside, except its faster and has more life, and the team with Desolater, "IT WILL BE A SILENT SPRING"

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2006, 03:49:25 AM »
britain for snipers and iraq for desolators....you know nothing!!!

Team about 10, 3 star promotion prism tanks are unstopable!

Offline Wolfram

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2006, 04:55:36 AM »
Starcraft was really impressive for its time, a lot of in-depth story lines and huge array of units and buildings, though quite similar to warcraft 2 (yes i konw westwood did both etc)

Someone's got their Blizzard and Westwood Studios mixed up  ;D

I preferred Warcraft 2 to Warcraft 3, because it was aimed at an older audience.  Warcraft 3, and subsequently WoW, is miles too cartoony for my liking, and so I never really was able to get into either of them.  Warcraft 2 orcs are downright brutal though.  And a decent shade of green.
I for an I you lazy fatalists
---------------------------
Know that the music industry's ill,
and we're the fucking antidote.
One line and you're outta control,
yeah you fucking suck!  Hey!

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2006, 05:09:45 AM »
britain for snipers and iraq for desolators....you know nothing!!!

Team about 10, 3 star promotion prism tanks are unstopable!

Try 3 star chrono tanks. They fucking 'deconstruct' anything that is near them in about a second. Three of those, take out any base with that. ;D

The french team are pretty kick ass. Quite a few good ones. Cuba is fun. Pack flak tracks full of terrorists, send off about 10-20 full flak tracks to the enemy base, unload 'em all through the base. ;D

*edit*
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:47:30 AM by dparker »
I must slumber, per se.

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2006, 05:49:02 AM »
my friend just sent me this, i think it will go well for this thread
http://ueba.com.br/forum/index.php?showtopic=15385&st=0

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2006, 04:04:37 PM »
You guys are talking about games that are too new. Thats understandable, cause Im a few years older than most of you, so my gaming period was pretty much pre-Windows, pre-LAN and all that crap. While we're on the subject of DOS games, does anyone know how to disable sound on DOS? Even with everything on mute in the windows volume control you still get the beeps and shit, which is cool normally.....but not when you're at work!  :P
Mongeese like results