Author Topic: Nerd Corner  (Read 58817 times)

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Nerd Corner
« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2006, 02:59:19 AM »
I think maybe on some pc's theres a volume dial/wheel on the back to control the volume of the internal speaker.. not sure.  :-\

Offline KingOfLoss

• WF Colonel
  • Drink Coke
    • View Profile
    • Neverborn
« Reply #201 on: July 30, 2006, 04:06:26 AM »
everyone must play oblivion, most addictive game ever
Beware The Rise Of The Decimator...

Spring 2009

Offline Stu

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 30, 2006, 06:35:20 AM »
we've still got an old Commadore 64 sitting in a box right next to me. man, there are some of the greatest games over on that technological beast. If you've not played Operation: Wolf, you've not lived.

Starcraft, i lived on that game for ages when i was around 12 or so. good times. still makes its little comebacks here every now and then.
Now in the hall of the Necro Lord,
Flash of fear when i draw my sword,
I raped his woman! Smoked his bone!
Left a booger underneath the throne!

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2006, 05:14:33 PM »
Manic Miner was an ace C64 game.

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2006, 11:49:55 PM »
Now playing - (Aliens Vs Predator 2) AVP2.

:P

Offline metalnazi

• WF Major
  • SS school in session.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2006, 12:00:54 AM »

That game is funny, especially when you come across the randoms curled into feotal position "ohhh Jesus, oh God, oh God, oh God. oh God..."
And then you bite their heads off  ;D

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2006, 12:03:05 AM »

That game is funny, especially when you come across the randoms curled into feotal position "ohhh Jesus, oh God, oh God, oh God. oh God..."

SMITE!!

Sorry dude, its just habit.   :P

Ive never seen that game, but I have heard its good. The movie was pretty cool!
Mongeese like results

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2006, 12:16:04 AM »

SMITE!!

:rofl:

And no, the movie was MEH at best...no continuity in the story...and in the movie, the Aliens incubate in like 30mins..where as in every other Aliens movie they take days to a few weeks....lol Continuitity for the lose! Also, the Aliens are too damn strong in that movie..one Alien kills two Predators...yet one female Warrent Officer can kill hundreds in Aliens...lol

The movie would be good if it was a stand alone movie...and wasnt part of the Alien/Predator franchise
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 12:20:06 AM by DamoESP »
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline metalnazi

• WF Major
  • SS school in session.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2006, 12:19:50 AM »

SMITE!!

In my opinion the movie was shit, the base storyline wasnt bad, about the pyramids and offerings to the Predators and the such. But i cant get over why a predator would team up with some weak ass bitch, was also pretty weak how the Predators make "tiger" roars. They should of made it MA, for a Alien AND Predator movie, there was a severe lack of gore.
Very dissapointing.  :thumbdown:

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2006, 12:21:49 AM »

SMITE!!

In my opinion the movie was shit, the base storyline wasnt bad, about the pyramids and offerings to the Predators and the such. But i cant get over why a predator would team up with some weak ass bitch, was also pretty weak how the Predators make "tiger" roars. They should of made it MA, for a Alien AND Predator movie, there was a severe lack of gore.

Yeah..I want to see them make Alien vs Terminator...

That had the best storyline.....the Terminator used Alien skin to create bio-alien things...and then they tried to get Skynet back...and the Predators came to help Earth...twas a wicked story :headbang:

Offline metalnazi

• WF Major
  • SS school in session.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2006, 12:32:16 AM »

SMITE!!

That had the best storyline.....the Terminator used Alien skin to create bio-alien things...and then they tried to get Skynet back...and the Predators came to help Earth...twas a wicked story :headbang:

Just throw in one of those new fangled Predaliens or Praetorians, would be enough to cause cheesey discharge. :thumbup:

Offline Colonel Hellmoson

• WF Colonel
  • Tanzadamian Safari Hunting Expert!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »

or robocop vs terminator!
frank miller did a damn good job in doing that story line, as both characters dont have much going for them!

and hayden, thats a big smite to you for liking the AvP movie! tsk tsk you should know better!

Offline metalnazi

• WF Major
  • SS school in session.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2006, 12:51:18 AM »
The most memorable guy from any Alien movies was Larry Purvis.
"WHATS FUCKING IN ME!!!!"

Damn, I cant find a pic of the chestburster going through that blokes head. Regardless, best going spastic i have ever seen in a movie. :headbang:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 12:53:02 AM by Svartálfheim »

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2006, 01:57:04 AM »
Being a huge fan of both Predator, and Aliens, i actually enjoyed the AvP movie for the fact that i could at least see them in their glory again, but - granted ; it could have been alot, alot better. I did enjoy the concepts in the story about using the human as cattle for hosts for better prey to hunt, but ill agree about its continuity, or lack of. Had its moments though. I also thought the Queen in AvP looked mintox.

For AvP2 (the film) i have read some concepts of what was rumoured to be a "leaked script" : set in a Texan shopping mall, and involving all the worst stereotyped characters we all never want to see again. Such as the nerdy pizza delivery guy, the retired sherriff, the unwitting/reluctant hero.. etc :o

So i can only hope, that this script was either a rumour or leaked 'on purpose' so to speak, as a way to gauge the reaction of the public. And as you can imagine it was that of an upset, even angry, audience. Shit, they pretty much wrecked the first one, i want the sequel to be the redeemer. (Though we all know how spectacular sequels often turn out to be.. :err:)

What i would dearly love to see is all out Predator/Aliens Warfare, like an invasion of a Predator homeworld or something, or at least somewhere remote again. With minimal human interaction. As i haven't read as many of the AvP comics as i'd like, i would like to see what their society may look like and see some more of Yautja technology. Also as with the end of AvP one im looking forward to seeing the PredAlien(s?) and possibly Praetorians if they can get them in there. I just hope Hollywood and Fox can give the FANS what they want to see rather than just making what they class as a "fantastic piece of cinemaarr".

Pfft, Death to Hollywood!

Ps, if anyone else has AvP2 here and is as shit as me, being as i have a fucked up keyboard and mouse then say so and maybe we can 'frag it out' or something. Yeah.

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2006, 02:06:31 AM »
Yes, I too have read that story...:laugh:

I also read the supposed leaked "script" for Aliens V....and it was pretty much the same thing...Aliens got loose somewhere in America, ran rampage, Ripley somehow saves the day...:rofl:

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2006, 03:45:08 AM »
Also, some agree with this and some might dissagree but I thought casting Lance Henrikson in A vs P was a fucking retarded idea as he's already cast as Bishop in Aliens. The AvP movie and the aliens movies might not be directly linked but it's still a retarded idea.

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2006, 03:51:43 AM »
I was also a retarded movie.

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2006, 03:55:37 AM »
I was also a retarded movie.

Were you? :laugh:

*quotes before the edit*

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 15, 2006, 03:57:58 AM »
Also, some agree with this and some might dissagree but I thought casting Lance Henrikson in A vs P was a fucking retarded idea as he's already cast as Bishop in Aliens. The AvP movie and the aliens movies might not be directly linked but it's still a retarded idea.

Yeah..but Bishop is a clone of Charles Bishop Weyland, the owner of Weyland Corporation in AVP, which becomes Weyland-Yutani Corporation from Aliens....so it kinda makes sense..that they use the same actor..although he looks older in AVP, which is 175 years before the first Alien movie with Bishop...:laugh:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 04:08:26 AM by DamoESP »

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 15, 2006, 04:21:31 AM »
Aliens V got binned shortly after AvP got released because it was a fairly good success :( which i reckon was a TERRIBLE move because they were gonna base Aliens V on that Alien book trilogy (one read it, i have... three times ;D).
I remember playing AvP2 on my laptop a few years ago... man, that game scared the CRAP outta me playing as marine!! :o crank the audio and get freaked out by the scanner...
".......*bip*.......*bip*...*bip*..*bip*.*BIPBIPBIPBIIIIIIIIIIIIIP* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :blowup: *shoots everything but the facehugger and dies*
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #220 on: September 15, 2006, 04:24:03 AM »
Oops.

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 15, 2006, 04:25:34 AM »
Try playing the original aliens on Commodore 64...:laugh:

That fucken sucked..you had to take control of 5 people at once...and you had to switch between them..it was soo hard....because it was all in real time, so while your fighting aliens as one guy, the other marine is just standing there doing nothing, getting attacked by a facehugger or something...it sucked balls

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2006, 05:40:48 AM »
The Alien omnibus? By Alan Dean Foster?

No shit, I read the entire thing cover to cover at least twice a year :P

Offline metalnazi

• WF Major
  • SS school in session.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 15, 2006, 05:49:21 AM »
Fucking bring back Ridley Scott, he did the original Aliens and opened up the fucking alien movie genre. Get him to Direct or atleast co-direct Aliens V or AvP 2 and it will kick arse.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2006, 04:25:33 PM »
Far out.....I didnt say it was a brilliant movie, or didnt say it was better or as good as Predator (which happens to be one of my favourite movies of all time, and definitely my favourite Arnie movie), or as good as Aliens....I said it was "pretty cool", for basically the same reason Noxy suggested....it has Aliens AND Predators in it! It could/should have been FAR better than what it was. 
Mongeese like results