Author Topic: Nerd Corner  (Read 58807 times)

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
Re: Nerd Corner
« Reply #225 on: September 15, 2006, 07:24:31 PM »
it was based waaay too much on the books and comics (of which, that is the main story ive read atleast). and the end is bullcrap anyway. for one the chick doesnt get a scar on her cheek, its her forehead. its like a symbol that shes become one of the clan (duh) but the chick in the movie was weak as piss! no way should she be apart of a predator clan *pushes glasses back up his nose* SCCCHHHEEEK
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2006, 12:35:04 AM »
I think i remember seeing an advertisment in an old comic from Dark Horse or something about Predator Vs ... Batman! Did this ever happen? I'd find that an entertaining read, but you know, theres something about that which makes me take it a little less serious.. It would be funnier still if it was the original 'Adam West' Batman. Go lycra go.

Damo, that c64 version of Aliens i thought was killer, and scary as fuck when your a young'n. But agreed, it was bullshit hard. One of those games where you need graph paper to draw and mark a map as you go.

Also been pleased i finally got a copy of the AvP Arcade game working on the M.a.m.e emulator. If anyone aliens/predator fans are chasing it you can get the mame emulator and avp files from 'romworld' Darren mentioned it a few pages earlier i think.

-edit- link i posted earlier for avp mame was incorrect.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 02:22:00 AM by Noxeraph »

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #227 on: September 16, 2006, 02:02:19 AM »
I think i remember seeing an advertisment in an old comic from Dark Horse or something about Predator Vs ... Batman! Did this ever happen? I'd find that an entertaining read, but you know, theres something about that which makes me take it a little less serious.. It would be funnier still if it was the original 'Adam West' Batman. Go lycra go.

Damo, that c64 version of Aliens i thought was killer, and scary as fuck when your a young'n. But agreed, it was bullshit hard. One of those games where you need graph paper to draw and mark a map as you go.

Also been pleased i finally got a copy of the AvP Arcade game working on the M.a.m.e emulator. If anyone aliens/predator fans are chasing it you can get the mame emulator and avp files from www.romworld.com (i think thats right) Darren mentioned it a few pages earlier i think.

I actually have that Batman vs. Predator comic.. well the final volume (3 of 3) from 1992. One of the only comics I ever bought.. heh
It's actually pretty cool - the illustrations are great, dark and detailed.

As for the C64 Aliens game - there were 2...
One was like a first person deal made by Electric Dreams, which would be the one you're talking about, where you have to switch between characters.
http://www.lemon64.com/reviews/view.php?id=6
It was pretty rubbish and boring.. I just remember always making sure Burke died first, because he was such a prick in the movie.  ;D

The other one from Activision was great.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/aliens-the-computer-game/screenshots
You start off flying the drop ship in (the most annoying part), and then after a short cutscene with the mission briefing (copied from the movie - "It's a bug hunt") you move on to fighting your way through the complex, culminating with fighting the queen with the cargo loader.

And yeah, I have the AvP arcade rom too.. one of the reasons I bothered getting mame.  ;)

Offline metalnazi

• WF Major
  • SS school in session.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 16, 2006, 04:42:30 AM »
Posted by: TnT
I actually have that Batman vs. Predator comic..

Who wins and how, Predator should kick Batmans arse, as he is just a rich guy with too much time on his hands.

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 16, 2006, 09:39:55 PM »
I actually have that Batman vs. Predator comic

i dont own it, but i DO recall reading it bloody yeeears ago. batman gets his ass SERVED :D
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline Wolfram

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2006, 12:56:15 AM »
As he should, the rich bastard.
I for an I you lazy fatalists
---------------------------
Know that the music industry's ill,
and we're the fucking antidote.
One line and you're outta control,
yeah you fucking suck!  Hey!

Offline TheShape

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2006, 05:19:01 AM »
Anyone here collect transformers?

Offline Wolfram

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2006, 05:22:00 AM »
I don't collect them any more (they're over-priced these days) but I've still got a good thirty or so from back in the day.

Offline TheShape

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2006, 05:36:52 AM »
Which ones do you have?

Offline Wolfram

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2006, 05:51:20 AM »
Far out... that'll be quite the long list... lets see...

I know I've got Optimus Prime, although I think I'm missing the missile things he fired from the back of his truck, Soundwave, with Laserbeak (I think that's the name... I should be shot for not being 100% sure) missing its head (lost that in Scotland when I was 5), Grimlock, the crane Destructocon, Jazz, and several others I can't remember off of the top of my head.  I might take pictures of them all when I get a camera.

Offline TheShape

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2006, 06:41:37 AM »
Nerd alert!!

The 12 inch prime owns.

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2006, 06:47:50 AM »
I still have all mine. One of the few toys i decided i wouldn't get rid of (along with my ninja turtles collection). Probably bout 30-odd transformers,  at a guess.

Offline TheShape

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2006, 06:49:50 AM »
Did anyone have shockwave? (the purple decepticon with the yellow dot on his face, turned into a gun)

Offline Stu

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2006, 02:39:10 PM »

i know ive still got a few rattling around the house somewhere. i know for certain that i have Cyclonis, The ambulance autobot dude (cant think of his fucking name), and a couple of others. Not ever being the wealthiest of children, most of the ones i have are the cheap imitation ones :-[. I really wanted them to bring out the Junkians from the movie, those dude are awesome

Regardless, im still watching the movie, and now its just as much for the soundtrack as for the transforming awesome. Anyone know if the soundtrack was ever available?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:43:21 PM by Stewie »
Now in the hall of the Necro Lord,
Flash of fear when i draw my sword,
I raped his woman! Smoked his bone!
Left a booger underneath the throne!

Offline TheShape

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2006, 04:07:56 PM »
Yeah for the original movie from 86'. You can download it for sure. My mate burnt me the two disc version. Classic stuff -- youve got the touch and all that.

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
  • beneath a sky of maggots i slept
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2006, 06:51:26 PM »

i know ive still got a few rattling around the house somewhere. i know for certain that i have Cyclonis, The ambulance autobot dude (cant think of his fucking name), and a couple of others.

Ratchet? Unless it's the little Protectibot guy who's name is First Aid I think.

I have Cyclonus too, plus all the Stunticons and a couple more.

I've been watching the DVD's, bought 'em cheap on ebay, pirates I think but who really gives a shit? The most interesting thing I've noticed is quotes such as "rust in peace", "symphony of destruction" and even an episode called Countdown to Extinction...

Interesting you'd choose Rodimus over Optimus for your avatar by the way.
the ultimate frostage desire snowflurry drifts these plains...

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2006, 07:06:19 PM »

i know ive still got a few rattling around the house somewhere. i know for certain that i have Cyclonis, The ambulance autobot dude (cant think of his fucking name), and a couple of others.

Ratchet? Unless it's the little Protectibot guy who's name is First Aid I think.

I have Cyclonus too, plus all the Stunticons and a couple more.

I've been watching the DVD's, bought 'em cheap on ebay, pirates I think but who really gives a shit? The most interesting thing I've noticed is quotes such as "rust in peace", "symphony of destruction" and even an episode called Countdown to Extinction...

Interesting you'd choose Rodimus over Optimus for your avatar by the way.

So were Transformers fans of Megadeth, or were Megadeth fans of Transformers? Or, perhaps, its a freak coincidence.
Mongeese like results

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2006, 09:15:07 PM »
So were Transformers fans of Megadeth, or were Megadeth fans of Transformers? Or, perhaps, its a freak coincidence.

Ha, Im sure its no coincidence.

The Shape : Shockwave was a great character. I think he kind of kept things together in a way for the Decepticons, he helped offset Megatrons headstrong nature with calm logic and ruthless efficiency. *lacking nerd emoticon*

I want to know if anyone had Tripticon. ?

Offline TheShape

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2006, 02:04:07 AM »
Shockwave is rare i think, a loose one went on ebay for about $250. You usually see trypticon floating around ebay now and then, the toy could walk! how awesome is that.

Offline metalnazi

• WF Major
  • SS school in session.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2006, 10:13:16 PM »
Who ever hasnt played Soldier of Fortune 2 needs ot get it now, you can blow peoples limbs off and shoot holes throught their heads.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2006, 10:16:20 PM »
Shockwave is rare i think, a loose one went on ebay for about $250. You usually see trypticon floating around ebay now and then, the toy could walk! how awesome is that.

is shockwave that dude that turns into a stereo, and he also has a cassette inside him which turns into a bird or something? If so, I had that!! If not, forget I posted anything....
Mongeese like results

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 28, 2006, 10:18:51 PM »
I use to have a transformer...the one that could turn into Dinoasuars :headbang:

And no it wasnt a Dinorider or one of those gay things, it was one of the actual transformers....cant remember its name :(
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2006, 10:23:38 PM »
I use to have a transformer...the one that could turn into Dinoasuars :headbang:

And no it wasnt a Dinorider or one of those gay things, it was one of the actual transformers....cant remember its name :(

I had one of the dinosaur ones aswell, so I know you're not lying!  ;)  I had the triceratops....it was actually my favourite Transformer for some reason. I was only 6 when I got it.....
Mongeese like results

Offline Wolfram

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 29, 2006, 06:18:37 AM »
I still have, in my possesion, Grimlock.  "Me Grimlock not nice Dino.  Me Grimlock bash brains!"

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 29, 2006, 06:23:30 AM »
This is the nerd corner huh? Well I had a pretty nerdy dream a few weeks ago. I had a dream that I was overseeing the reconstruction of Darth Vader. And I was operating some machine putting subliminal messages into Vaders brain. Telling him that Obiwan was responsible for his injuries and the death of Padme and the Jedi were responsible for the death of his mother. Vader became angrier and angrier sort of like the Incredible hulk. The Emperor was watching and he was very pleased with my work.