Author Topic: The Problem with Perth Metal  (Read 105108 times)

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
Re: The Problem with Perth Metal
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2008, 03:09:57 AM »
Great thread
What we do in our lives echoes in eternity

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2008, 03:12:27 AM »
that was.....interesting to say the least. Chances are this guy will be gone within 3 days.

Get a life, cunt.
Mongeese like results

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2008, 03:13:30 AM »
9 years of lurking and it's only now that you decide to give up on starting a band, based soley on the state of the local scene?  Why not grow a pair and show Perth metal bands how it's done?  Oh that's right, no-one wants to be in your band.  Im sure *someone* who frequents the perthbands.com (haha?) forum is gonna reply to your ad :P

But I say, don't be discouraged! It may seem like you're recording your one man bands' demo on your tape deck and hand numbering photocopied inlay cards (limited to a 100) for an eternity, but your hard work will pay off!  If you don't believe me, ask the local scenes' most unsuccesful blackmetal elitist dorks "SEANCE OF".  

However, if you're not willing to compromise your integrity and change you sound or style entirely, perhaps you should rellocate and try your luck in another city, competing against twice as many bands that are twice as core and far less forgiving.

PS.  You lose scene points for even insinuating that Slipknot had any relevence in the 90's.
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2008, 03:16:39 AM »
Im so glad that this is such a laid back place for a metal forum. Honestly, going onto something like the metal archives forums just depresses me. The amount of elitist bullshit that goes on there is just insane. Just full of people who love to name drop and give shit to others for liking band "X" who hasn't made a good release since their demo. Whereas here its just so casual, the people here love their metal with a passion but don't take it as seriously, a rarity for a metal community.

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2008, 03:20:55 AM »
People here are serious about their metal, just more open minded. And don't limit themselves to what they listen too..

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2008, 03:54:18 AM »
What I dont get is....well, your entire rant, but mainly how you claim to know exactly what metal is, and where it came from and what it should be and whats not metal, whats core and all that shit, yet you try and trade Jethro Tull and Brian Eno bootlegs. What the fuck man? Im not saying there's anything wrong with those guys or their music - full respect to all TRUE musicians, of any genre - and Im not saying there's anything wrong with liking other styles of music - I like all sorts of stuff, just metal is my most passionate aural pleasure - but to act all high and mighty and claim that you are metal in human form and then have influences that are so far off the metal path they should be classified as 'wood' is a bit rich dont ya think? You sir, are a walking contradiction....or as Ren would say....

Mongeese like results

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2008, 03:58:32 AM »
Im so glad that this is such a laid back place for a metal forum. Honestly, going onto something like the metal archives forums just depresses me. The amount of elitist bullshit that goes on there is just insane. Just full of people who love to name drop and give shit to others for liking band "X" who hasn't made a good release since their demo. Whereas here its just so casual, the people here love their metal with a passion but don't take it as seriously, a rarity for a metal community.

I think one of the great (well... great is subjective...) points about WF, is as Jez said, that alot of us know each other in person, or have at least meet a couple of others once or twice. Its not just a forum populated by sexually frustrated teen trying to act elite, but rather a forum of people with a genuine passion for our common interests, and an ability to put aside the squabbling and have a good time together if we happen to meet up at a gig.

Its been mentioned that our metal scene is rather peaceful scene compared to a lot of others, and its true. I feel perfectly at ease at metal gigs, surrounded by black shirts and long hair, even if I don't know anyone. One the other hand, I feel incredibly uncomfortable in a "normal" nightclub setting, even when surrounded by people I know. We're not a clique, we're a community, a community that looks after its own, and is welcoming to newcomers... as long as they don't prance in thinking they know everything.

What I dont get is....well, your entire rant, but mainly how you claim to know exactly what metal is, and where it came from and what it should be and whats not metal, whats core and all that shit, yet you try and trade Jethro Tull and Brian Eno bootlegs.

Jethro Tull is awesome!!! Flutes FTW! :D

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2008, 04:03:14 AM »

I think one of the great (well... great is subjective...) points about WF, is as Jez said, that alot of us know each other in person, or have at least meet a couple of others once or twice. Its not just a forum populated by sexually frustrated teen trying to act elite, but rather a forum of people with a genuine passion for our common interests, and an ability to put aside the squabbling and have a good time together if we happen to meet up at a gig.

Its been mentioned that our metal scene is rather peaceful scene compared to a lot of others, and its true. I feel perfectly at ease at metal gigs, surrounded by black shirts and long hair, even if I don't know anyone. One the other hand, I feel incredibly uncomfortable in a "normal" nightclub setting, even when surrounded by people I know. We're not a clique, we're a community, a community that looks after its own, and is welcoming to newcomers... as long as they don't prance in thinking they know everything.

Which is why this place works so well. Think about it, most people act tough on the internet because they can hide behind a computer screen, whereas most people on here interact with each other outside of the forum, so they are less likely to say something stupid to someone they have to encounter in real life.

And yeah, your not alone with the nightclub thing. My brother dragged me along to see Cog at metros not too long ago and I felt really out of place with the long hair and black shirt.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:05:29 AM by Harlequin Forest »

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2008, 04:11:41 AM »

I feel perfectly at ease at metal gigs, surrounded by black shirts and long hair, even if I don't know anyone. One the other hand, I feel incredibly uncomfortable in a "normal" nightclub setting, even when surrounded by people I know.

Im exactly the same man. I hate nightclubs with a passion, unless there's a gig on. I feel out of place, I hate dancing, Metro faggoty popped collar wearing, bleach spikey haired blokes piss me off generally the girls are dumb bimbo's too and are only there for the faggoty metro cunts, and vice versa  Oh, and I hate the music... passionately.

I might not be able to attend local gigs, thanks to my geographical handicap, but I know the scene, I know the music the bands produce and buy it when I can, I go to any major show I can make it to, and I feel welcome and somewhat known here on this very forum; the e-soul of this scene. I love this scene - from browsing other scenes forum's from different cities/countries, this is definitely one of the most pleasant and close-knit communities in metal.
Mongeese like results

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2008, 04:25:00 AM »
Nightclubs.   :sick: Jeez that a fucked up scene these days.  When did it become cool for guys to wear pink?

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2008, 04:31:01 AM »
Nightclubs.   :sick: Jeez that a fucked up scene these days.  When did it become cool for guys to wear pink?

Since the Great Faggotry Plague of 2005.  :sick:

Offline metal_munchkin

• WF Major
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Facialbook
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2008, 04:41:25 AM »
But I say, don't be discouraged! It may seem like you're recording your one man bands' demo on your tape deck and hand numbering photocopied inlay cards (limited to a 100) for an eternity, but your hard work will pay off!  If you don't believe me, ask the local scenes' most unsuccesful blackmetal elitist dorks "SEANCE OF".  

PS.  You lose scene points for even insinuating that Slipknot had any relevence in the 90's.

rofl, youre a champ.  :rofl:
"Mr Murphy, would you come over by the board?"

"No, that's alright. I'll take the zero."

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2008, 05:38:19 AM »

I thought 'salmon' was the preferred colour?
Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline the_scoon

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2008, 06:13:26 AM »
This thread really delivers!

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
I must slumber, per se.

Offline Beast

• WF Colonel
  • Drifting on the echoes of the hours
    • View Profile
    • Noctis
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2008, 07:55:21 AM »
how you claim to know exactly what metal is, and where it came from and what it should be and whats not metal, whats core and all that shit, yet you try and trade Jethro Tull

Jethro Tull is hell metal  :headbang:

i agree but. how can envesse so try to claim that he knows where metal came from yet from reading his posts its clear he has no understand about it at all. "Metal" is a progression of music derived from Blues/Rock, it started showing its early beginnings in the late 60s early 70s. Once you know that pal you will learn that metal is not so closed minded as you want it to be.

To me envesse, it really sounds like you have a personal problem and have come on this forum to make yourself feel better. Good luck to you

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2008, 07:58:07 AM »
Metal is awesome.

Striving to "be" metal is just sad.

Sorry guy, but if you open your eyes, you'll find there's more to life than music.

Offline Beast

• WF Colonel
  • Drifting on the echoes of the hours
    • View Profile
    • Noctis
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2008, 08:03:39 AM »
as far as im concerned Metal is just a label. if you wanna live your life trying to fit a label then your fucking very very sad.

Music is music. you might like different types more then others but at the end of the day its all valid forms of art

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2008, 08:11:14 AM »
I'll definitely pay that.

Offline Guitar_Freek

• WF Colonel
  • Twins of DOOM!!
    • View Profile
    • Voyager
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2008, 08:25:19 AM »
I can't believe I just wasted 10mins of my life reading this crap.....

Mazzbeast, you hit the nail right on the head  :clap:

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2008, 09:05:05 AM »
Thank fuck!

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »
this got boring by page 5
fight like a girl club

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2008, 04:09:43 PM »
You disapointed me WF...I was expecting more lolz from this thread...but it turned into actual debate!!!

Whats the world coming to?!?!

*writes this thread off*
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »
Hahahaha I don't have time to read this thread right now but fuck I'm going to laugh when I do.

Stay tuned!
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.