Author Topic: The Problem with Perth Metal  (Read 105589 times)

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Problem with Perth Metal
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2009, 06:27:14 AM »
How the fuck did we get from discussing Perth metal to BaseBall? :rofl:

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »

OK, let's go over the ground rules
You can't leave first until you chug a beer
And then scoring, you have to chug a beer
You have to chug a beer after all odd-numbered innings
Oh, and the 4th inning is the beer inning

Steve Sax and his run in with the law
Ken Griffy and his grotesquely swolen jaw
We're talkin' Homer.... Ozzy and the Straw!

Offline IFRC

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 28, 2009, 08:00:50 PM »
On second thoughts thats bad idea. Takes up too much precious drinking time. :headbang:

On the contrary, drinking and baseball go together like apple and pie.

There's a reason it's the national passtime  8)

+1

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 29, 2009, 06:27:06 AM »
On second thoughts thats bad idea. Takes up too much precious drinking time. :headbang:

On the contrary, drinking and baseball go together like apple and pie.

There's a reason it's the national passtime  8)
Same thing in Australia. Except it's Cricket instead of Baseball and Footy in winter. I might have you know that I used to play T Ball as and soft ball as a kid. I  even blitzed on the batting at one point. 8)

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 29, 2009, 04:56:25 PM »
great fucking game baseball...but at least with cricket you can be shit and still play
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline Hoboclese

• WF Colonel
  • For your health
    • View Profile
    • emospace
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2009, 07:02:44 AM »
great fucking game baseball...but at least with cricket you can be shit and still play

yeah...cricket sucks
You want a saviour? Try checking in the ad break
You want redemption?
You want a meaning?
You want an answer? The answer is....

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »

yeah...cricket sucks
"I know you're pretty upset right now. So I'll pretend you didn't say that." >:( ;D

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2009, 10:24:05 PM »

yeah...cricket sucks

+1   ;D

...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2009, 06:09:30 PM »
Cricket rocks!!!!!!!+1
  :) :D ;D

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 02, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »
Cricket rocks!!!!!!!+1

+1 for you Cricket is the best game

Offline faeces

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2009, 01:34:02 AM »
Cricket is better than Baseball but they both suck I'm afraid - sorry to tell you this but you had to find out some way.
I'd kill you, but that might get blood on my shirt.

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2009, 05:52:12 AM »
well just dont say hockey is any good, that would just suggest a proclivity to fudge pack....

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2009, 06:34:28 AM »
Cricket rocks!!!!!!!+1

Your brother loves cricket if I remember.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 05, 2009, 05:54:10 AM »
I have loved men forever.

Sh its a secret.  ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o :-\ :headbang: :clap: :P ::) :-[

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 05, 2009, 06:17:03 AM »
forever isn't that long anyway.... :'(

Offline Queef

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 02, 2009, 01:12:24 AM »
Author I commend you.

Metal has never been about humouring people and not treading on toes - it's the opposite, it is an extremity of speed, aggression etc. That's why I have no qualms about saying that Perth (and Australian) metal is shit, no one I have seen has the combination of balls, vision and skill to step out from under the shadow of international influecnces and create something independent of outside influence.

Of course last time I said that a bunch of under-educated neanderthals were threatening to come and beat me up - the truth hurts!

And who the fuck are YOU? Seems like you've just spent a fair amount of time bagging out the Perth scene but what have you ever done to contribute? Fuck all i'm guessing! Better yet what was the point of this rant? Cant see too many people around here jumping at the chance to agree with you...

Why would he want to contribute to the scene if the scene is shit? Why would people want to get involved in the scene if it's shit?

I know dozens of people that are into extreme metal and are talented musicians but wouldn't and wont ever involve themselves with the Perth scene because the bands are shit, the people are bogans and everyone listens to Slipknot and Tool.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #316 on: October 02, 2009, 02:09:56 AM »
Author I commend you.

Metal has never been about humouring people and not treading on toes - it's the opposite, it is an extremity of speed, aggression etc. That's why I have no qualms about saying that Perth (and Australian) metal is shit, no one I have seen has the combination of balls, vision and skill to step out from under the shadow of international influecnces and create something independent of outside influence.

Of course last time I said that a bunch of under-educated neanderthals were threatening to come and beat me up - the truth hurts!

And who the fuck are YOU? Seems like you've just spent a fair amount of time bagging out the Perth scene but what have you ever done to contribute? Fuck all i'm guessing! Better yet what was the point of this rant? Cant see too many people around here jumping at the chance to agree with you...

Why would he want to contribute to the scene if the scene is shit? Why would people want to get involved in the scene if it's shit?

I know dozens of people that are into extreme metal and are talented musicians but wouldn't and wont ever involve themselves with the Perth scene because the bands are shit, the people are bogans and everyone listens to Slipknot and Tool.
Here we were thinking you had actually learnt something from the whole debacle before but you've reverted back to being a total nitwit.

1. You make somewhat contradicting statements
2. From your uneducated guesses you obviously haven't seen enough local acts to be able to comment on what is around or what state the scene is in, because there are plenty that fulfil your criteria, and go beyond it
3. You must be hanging around the wrong clueless idiots (read perthbands) if you think everyone listens to Slipknot and Tool
4. If someone thought the scene was shit (because of their lack of knowledge), then that would be MORE reason for them to contribute or get involved, if they think they can do better or improve it.

Thought you would have learnt from before but obviously you're a slow learner. Let me spell it out for you. If you are totally clueless and pig-ignorant about a subject, and then you decide to comment about it, you're going to come off looking like a class A moron (which you've done multiple times now). It doesn't matter whether it is about metal or nuclear physics. You're out of your depth so if you decide to comment then be prepared to realise you will only make yourself look stupid.

Offline Queef

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 02, 2009, 02:47:11 AM »
Author I commend you.

Here we were thinking you had actually learnt something from the whole debacle before but you've reverted back to being a total nitwit.

1. You make somewhat contradicting statements
2. From your uneducated guesses you obviously haven't seen enough local acts to be able to comment on what is around or what state the scene is in, because there are plenty that fulfil your criteria, and go beyond it
3. You must be hanging around the wrong clueless idiots (read perthbands) if you think everyone listens to Slipknot and Tool
4. If someone thought the scene was shit (because of their lack of knowledge), then that would be MORE reason for them to contribute or get involved, if they think they can do better or improve it.

Thought you would have learnt from before but obviously you're a slow learner. Let me spell it out for you. If you are totally clueless and pig-ignorant about a subject, and then you decide to comment about it, you're going to come off looking like a class A moron (which you've done multiple times now). It doesn't matter whether it is about metal or nuclear physics. You're out of your depth so if you decide to comment then be prepared to realise you will only make yourself look stupid.

1. meh

2. How many is 'enough'? At what point have I seen 'enough' bands to be able to qualify my opinion that I don't like the scene? it's a completely arbitrary measure - and as such is meaningless. I can qualify them for you if you want though, give me myspace links to your top 5-10 Perth metal bands and I will tell you on a case by case basis if and why they don't float my boat. Point is I just don't listen to or enjoy second rate or derivative metal. There is no first rate metal in Perth, there are no bands on par with the likes of Mayhem, Death, Atheist, Coroner, Kreator, Terrorizer etc etc, this isn't the bay area, this isn't Norway, this isn't Florida, this isn't NOLA, it's Perth - we will never have bands that good and we will never have a unique or distinct metal scene - EVER.

3. meh

4. Again another dumb cunt saying people should contribute to the scene if they don't like it. On the contrary if someone had a fairly limited exposure to the scene and thought it was shit why would they expose themselves to more of it? That is a counter-intuitive and ridiculous suggestion. I hate the electro scene, I'm not suddenly going to start liking it if I start DJing at The Republic. It's like telling me that one night at metros isn't enough to justifying hating it, that I need to keep going there to make sure of it. It's like telling me that I don't like peas because I haven't eaten enough of them etc etc you get the picture.

You lack insight into other people's minds, You like the scene and you don't understand how other people can't.

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 02, 2009, 03:02:02 AM »
. That's why I have no qualms about saying that Perth (and Australian) metal is shit, no one I have seen has the combination of balls, vision and skill to step out from under the shadow of international influecnces and create something independent of outside influence.

No love for Alchemist or Sadistik Exekution?
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 02, 2009, 03:02:20 AM »
the people are bogans and everyone listens to Slipknot and Tool.

that says it all. I reckon 1% of people on WF like Slipknot, if that.
Mongeese like results

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2009, 03:11:28 AM »
hey fock you mang electro awesome

Offline Queef

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 02, 2009, 03:15:41 AM »
. That's why I have no qualms about saying that Perth (and Australian) metal is shit, no one I have seen has the combination of balls, vision and skill to step out from under the shadow of international influecnces and create something independent of outside influence.

Gave Alchemist a chance, underwhelmed.

The only two Australian metal bands I'm willing to give the time of day at the moment are Portal and The Amenta.

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 02, 2009, 03:19:12 AM »

The only two Australian metal bands I'm willing to give the time of day at the moment are Portal and The Amenta.

Fair enough I wont jam them down your throat but  they really their stride on 'Lunasphere' and 'Organasm', 'Austral Alien' was a bit disapointing.

Portal are ace, so are Rookwood.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:21:54 AM by Senton »
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline Queef

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 02, 2009, 03:25:00 AM »

Fair enough I wont jam them down your throat but  they really their stride on 'Lunasphere' and 'Organasm', 'Austral Alien' was a bit disapointing.

Portal are ace, so are Rookwood.

Tripsis is the one I've got, I'll check the others out.

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2009, 04:13:52 AM »

Hmmm ... I'm starting to like this guy (despite his slagging off the scene entirely).

Add dISEMBOWELMENT to that list, pronto.