Author Topic: Nervecell  (Read 17735 times)

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
Re: Nervecell 2009
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 06:57:17 PM »
Here's a link to some documentaries made by the Al-Jazeera network (based in UK) about metal in the Middle East/metal vs Islam.
It features some interviews with Nervecell and friends, plus some live footage of shows we played over there. Food for thought....
Open your eyeballs and enjoy!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=118424

Offline The Dark Gospel

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • The Pit FM
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »
Great work Luis!
Hopefully you can bring the Boys to the secluded city of Perth sometime  :headbang:
THE PIT FM!
The #1 Metal, Punk, Hardcore and Alternative Online Music Radio in Australia.
www.thepitfm.com

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 11:05:51 PM »

HERE'S THE NEXT OF INSTALLMENT OF 2009 NERVECELL SHOWS I'LL BE PARTICIPATING IN.
AS YOU CAN SEE, THERE'S SOME PRETTY OUTSTANDING FESTIVALS IN THAT LIST AND LET ME JUST SAY OFF THE BAT, I'M HONOURED AND EXCITED AS HELL TO BE INCLUDED IN THE ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!  I'VE NOT YET BEEN TO THE GERMAN FESTIVALS.
HAS 14 YEARS IN THE PERTH METAL SCENE PREPARED ME FOR THIS?  I HOPE SO!
HUGE THANKS MUST GO TO CSM MANAGEMENT FOR HAVING A BIG HAND TO PLAY IN ALL THIS, AND OF COURSE NERVECELL WHO ARE SLOWLY TURNING THEIR DREAMS (AND MINE), INTO REALITY.
AS YOU WOULD ASSUME, MY OTHER BAND 'MHORGL' WILL BE UNABLE TO PLAY ANY LOCAL SHOWS WHICH CLASH WITH THESE DATES BUT WE DO HAVE ANOTHER RECORDING PLANNED, PLUS PLENTY OF OTHER GRIM UNDERTAKINGS FOR 2009 AND BEYOND....

I KNOW A FEW LOCALS ARE GOING OVER FOR SOME OF THE FESTS THIS YEAR,DO KEEP IN CONTACT AND WE'LL TRY MAKE AN EFFORT TO BUMP INTO EACH OTHER :headbang:

SEE THE LINK BELOW FOR ALL THE COMPREHENSIVE NERVECELL INFO.

IRON FISTS OF TRIUMPH!!!!

LOUIS

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:10:19 PM by DISASTER666 »

Offline Rotten

• WF Major
  • Jebem ti boga
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 04:26:36 AM »
Great stuff dude!
 :headbang:

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 05:44:15 AM »
Awesome stuff.. you're gonna have a ball at those fests.
Tear it up for the aussies!

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »
I'M BACK FROM THE FIRST PART OF THE NERVECELL TOUR AND HAPPY TO SAY IT ALL WENT REALLY WELL! VERY BUSY, BUT SMOOTH.
WE PLAYED AT ROCK IM PARK AND ROCK IM RING FESTIVALS IN GERMANY, AND METAL GDL FESTIVAL IN PORTUGAL.
ALL THE CROWDS WERE HUGE AND VERY RESPONSIVE. MOSHING/CIRCLE PITS/CHANTING....THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!!!!
WE WERE IMPRESSED!

SEE www.nervecell.net FOR PHOTOS OF OUR RECENT EXCURSIONS,LINKS TO LIVE AUDIO RECORDED AT THE GERMAN FESTS AND SOME NEW INTERVIEWS FEATURED IN SOME MAJOR DUBAI PAPERS.

THE NEXT SHOW IS @ WITH FULL FORCE FESTIVAL IN GERMANY www.withfullforce.de

IT WILL BE MASSIVE! I CANNOT FUCKIN' WAIT!

SALUTES TO ALL!!!!!

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 08:31:52 PM »
HEY THERE SKULLBANGERS!!!
JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT WE PLAYED WITH FULL FORCE FESTIVAL IN GERMANY JUST THE OTHER WEEK AND THINGS COULDN'T HAVE GONE BETTER. THE SET WAS TIGHT AND THE GERMANS GREATLY APPROVED OF SOUND THAT IS NERVECELL!!!
SAW MANY OTHER LEDGENDARY BANDS AND HAD A SWEET TIME ALL ROUND.
SUCH A LARGE/AMAZING FESTIVAL TO BE INVOLVED IN.....VERY DIFFERENT TO BACKWOODS PERTH,OH YEAH ;)
KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE DVD RELEASE OF THIS YEARS 'WITH FULL FORCE', NERVECELL WILL SURELY BE ON THERE!
THANKS AGAIN TO THE MASTERMINDS IN NERVECELL AND CSM MANAGEMENT!!!
HERE'S A LINK TO SOME PHOTOS TAKEN: LIVE  http://www.nervecell.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=46
                                                             MISC http://www.nervecell.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=47

NEXT STOP, JULY 31ST....WACKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 08:58:09 PM »
Mongeese like results

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 11:18:49 PM »
HERE, LET ME INUNDATE YOU WITH MORE NERVECELL INFO!!!!
THIS JUST IN..........................

PART 1 OF THE 2009 TOUR DIARY-Germany/Portugal-   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIKP2PA7Hck 
A SHORT PROMO SPOT ON ABU DHABI TV-    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwd2ypXGkjA

KEEP IT SICK AND BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOUIS

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 11:23:54 PM »
hahaha

Good luck Nursel.
Mongeese like results

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 11:35:32 PM »
man you sure like licking people ey
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 11:39:09 PM »
We'll, i am GAY!!!
That was a joke ;D

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2009, 12:01:52 AM »
In that little TV snippet, you probably confused the fuck out of any potential viewer. The fact that you introduced yourself as the drummer, then went to talk about your vocals (even doing the A B C D thing).... Im tipping most of them dont know about The Furor...

good shit man! Glad to see you getting the exposure you deserve.
Mongeese like results

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2009, 09:00:10 AM »
Classic video ;D
Promo machine!

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 06:40:00 PM »
NEW NERVECELL VIDEO CLIP COMING SOON!!!!!! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES, COVER YOUR EARS!!!! TYRANTS OF THE GULF MARCH!!!

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 06:38:25 AM »
Haha Louis your awesomE! Anyone watching that will be trying to figure out where your accent comes from! Great stuff
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 03:14:05 AM »
IM BACK FROM GERMANY AND GLAD TO SAY THE SHOW AT WACKEN WENT EXTREMELY WELL!!!! THE RESPONSE WHAT WHAT WE WANTED, PLUS MORE.
HERE'S SOME 'OFFICIAL' FOOTAGE TAKEN BY THE WACKEN TEAM...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLoLAjnB9fk
MORE VIDS/PHOTOS ETC. TO COME SOON.

WAVE THE METAL FLAG........HIGH!!!

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 06:52:07 AM »
Fuuuck man I've just sat here and watched all your vids and its still unbelievable that you're doing this! ;D :clap:
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 09:44:10 AM »
HERE'S A COUPLE MORE VIDEOS OF NERVECELL ON THE W.E.T. STAGE AT WACKEN JULY 31ST 2009.

DEMEAN- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOZwnaDPcac&feature=related (the video is a bit out of sych on this one...)
VICIOUS CIRCLE OF BLOODSHED- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gf-Dg_A6VE

HAIL THE GOAT!

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:39 AM »
Awesome clips!

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 06:59:29 AM »
TIME AGAIN FOR THE LATEST NERVECELL UPDATE, STRAP YOURSELVES IN.....

Lifeforce is proud to announce the signing of Dubai's premier Death Metal act NERVECELL!
NERVECELL's Lifeforce debut will be the release of the band's album "Preaching Venom" outside the Middle East on October 26th in Europe (North America - tba).

"After months of discussions, negotiations and debates on seeking a secure label for our latest album ?Preaching Venom?, and the future of Nervecell during these difficult times in the record industry, the long awaited chase has indeed come to an end. We are extremely proud to announce that Nervecell has now officially signed to Lifeforce Records and to say that we are thrilled about it is the understatement of the year!!! comments guitarist Barney Ribeiro

We honestly feel that this new relationship with Lifeforce is a great accomplishment and one that many once thought was impossible for a metal band based in the Middle East; but as the NERVECELL legacy will tell, we are no strangers to breaking boundaries and crushing the limitations that we have constantly faced during the last 9 years in our career as a Dubai based death metal band. Having said that, to be the first band originating from Dubai to ever be on a label is a pretty cool bonus and yet another record broken!

To have Lifeforce Records backing us today and strongly believing in our music, we feel honored and rest assured we look forward to cooperating with them as we know this will only lead to bigger and better opportunities for the band.
Together with a strong team at Lifeforce Records we are confident that the future is bright? and well, we really couldn?t be happier!"

Lifeforce Records president Stefan Luedicke about the signing of NERVECELL:

"We at Lifeforce are more than happy to welcome Dubai?s premier Death Metal band on Lifeforce. I have been in touch with Barney for a while already, but after meeting the guys at this year With Full Force festival it was an easy decision for us to say that we need to work with Nervecell. We hardly ever met a band with such strong work ethic and with the the highly professional team of people working for the band it will be a great pleasure for us to get the name Nervecell out to the world."

NERVECELL BIO:
Nervecell emerged early in the year 2000 in the commercial city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Surrounded by a music scene that is dominated completely by the mainstream musical hype, Nervecell independently worked their way up and have undoubtedly proven to be the most potential metal outfit in the Middle East to date, delivering a powerful unique mixture of death metal & thrash metal.
After a series of lineup changes within the band it was only until 2003 that Nervecell decided to record the first demo entitled ?Vastlands of Abomination?. Following the success of the demo the band hit the studio to record their debut EP ?Human Chaos? in the summer of 2004. This release grabbed a lot of attention from both the underground local scene and around the globe. Being aired on local station Dubai Radio One?s weekly metal show Heavy Metal Thunder and various international radio stations as UK?s Total Rock and Germany?s The Metal Observer Radio, ranking their Top 20 charts. ?Human Chaos? also received many positive reviews from various webzines & magazines in Germany, Netherlands, Greece, Italy, Morocco, USA, Canada and Britain?s metal bible Metal Hammer. The success of ?Human Chaos? led Nervecell the opportunity to perform at the annual Dubai Desert Rock Festival in 2005 opening for legendary SEPULTURA and the mighty MACHINE HEAD. In 2006, London based drummer Gavin Ward (ex-POWER QUEST) joined Nervecell and toured with the band for a good year and a half.
In 2007 Nervecell headlined the Egypt Metal Festival 2007, in Cairo, Egypt and soon after embarked on a full headlining ?Road Rage? tour in March/April 2007 in Australia culminating with the headline spot in Metalstock Festival 2007, Australia's only 3 day metal festival. After the successful Australian headlining tour, the band was then asked to play Metalcamp Festival 2007 in Tolmin, Slovenia alongside MOT?RHEAD, SEPULTURA, KREATOR, IMMORTAL, BLIND GUARDIAN, CRADLE OF FILTH and many others. In 2009 the band played such influential festivals as WACKEN open air, WITH FULL FORCE festival, ROCK AM RING/ ROCK IM PARK among others.

www.myspace.com/nervecell
www.youtube.com/nervecellofficial

SEE NERVECELL live:
05.09.09 Hoogeveen/NL @ OCCULTFEST 2009
18.09.09 Halle/ DE @ Marktwirtschaft Club
19.09.09 Marchtrenk/ AT @ NEW JAM Festival 2009
20.09.09 Vienna/ AT @ Escape Metalcorner Club
02.10.09 Lichtenfels/ DE @ WAY OF DARKNESS Festival 2009 w/ Cannibal Corpse, Malevolent Creation, Vader, Marduk and more
03.10.09 Namur/ BE @ MASS DEATHTRUCTION Festival 2009 w/ Vader, Marduk and more

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 07:13:04 PM »
that band is pretty good fuckin  :headbang:
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 07:58:29 PM »
that band is pretty good fuckin  :headbang:

Yeah man, Nursel rocks!
Mongeese like results

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 09:30:49 PM »
hmmmm sensing a joke, but don't get it  :wall:
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 09:39:28 PM »
Cant remember which video it is, but its in one of these.... watch them both anyway. Cool stuff

PART 1 OF THE 2009 TOUR DIARY-Germany/Portugal-   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIKP2PA7Hck 
A SHORT PROMO SPOT ON ABU DHABI TV-    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwd2ypXGkjA

Mongeese like results