Author Topic: Saturday Night Thrash Attack - 9th of May @ The Castle  (Read 17686 times)

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Night Thrash Attack - 9th of May @ The Castle
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2009, 09:30:22 PM »
The Castle should have a pool room

Offline Cunty the Sardine

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Night Thrash Attack - 9th of May @ The Castle
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2009, 10:05:38 PM »
Hey Mick it's fine for you as you don't have thousands of dollars worth of equipment that has come straight out of your weekly paycheque that will get fried if rained on.
If mummy & daddy had bought all our gear for us we wouldn't give a crap.

I don't mind the castle as a venue, especially since they have upgraded the lighting & P.A recently.
However by not giving the bands some kind of rain shelter, ie: a simple carport, they are actually costing themselves $ over the winter months.
We & many other bands just won't risk our gear in the middle of winter if there is another venue available, ie: Hyde Park backroom. It ends up becoming a dead venue over winter, as does hq & the outdoor stage & the railway.
We are not demanding a huge band room, just enough shelter so that our gear doesn't get fried or worse someone gets injured from electricution.
I am the health & safety rep on my worksite & I can tell you if someone does get injured through electricution due to inadequate load in cover from rain, they will probably end up having to close due to fines.
You can say harden up all you like, but that won't get the venue re opened if something goes wrong.

I am not saying this to have a whinge, rather that I don't want to see something terrible happen & lose a valuable venue for metal.
Our bass player knows Wayne, so I will get him to have a chat with him rather than just sit here & complain to a bunch of people who can't improve the current situation.

Another way bands can help is by sharing gear, quad boxes etc & getting all the amp heads onstage behind the quads before the gig kicks off.
This gets all the electrical gear in, in one go & lessens the risk of electrical hassles due to water. It also makes changeovers more efficient & leaves more room & people to assist in drum changeover. Finding a spot to store all the guitar cases should be workable.
Fact here is most bands are too fucking lazy to turn up early before the gig starts.
The fact that they have had to sit out in a back carpark all night only make the problem worse & bands turn up just before they play & leave straight after. By loading in as much as possible before a gig commences it helps with this issue also.

I have had gear ripped off @ gigs in the past, so there is no way I am leaving thousands of dollars worth of gear in my car & going inside, I just can't afford to replace it, hell some of it is irreplaceable.

Both the venue & the bands need to work together & be more organised. Everyone needs to discuss or @ least be informed of what is going on before the gig, not when they arrive on the night.  ;)
This is the second time it's been bought up that I don't have "thousands of dollars" worth of equipment. Do you forget there are four other members of our band that have "thousands of dollars" worth of equipment?

I'm not disagreeing that shelter wouldn't help, my point was there is always bitching about The Castle and it's fucken pathetic...

So you DO understand!
*hugs*

:D