Author Topic: seymour duncan blackouts  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
seymour duncan blackouts
« on: April 16, 2009, 12:55:08 AM »
im chasing up a passive seymour duncan blackout, anyone know where i can source one before resorting to internet ordering?
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: seymour duncan blackouts
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 01:50:40 AM »
pretty sure the SD Blackouts are all active... if not, I'd like to know where to get some passives from as well.
Mongeese like results

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:05:30 AM »
now that i think about it, it wasnt passive, they come either in a set of 2 or 1 actives. im after the single pickup active.
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

Offline CamZH

• WF Private
  • Obey Your Shelby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 05:25:31 AM »
http://www.bmusic.com.au/category979_1.htm

Rather pricey !
I'd be interested to hear the ABH-2, got 2 sets of the ABH-1 here, one in a Schecter  :headbang:, and one in a gibson RD (tuRD)
It's a long way to the top if you stop to rock n' roll
Currently Selling/Trade:
1x15" bass cab
Gibson RD

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 07:55:37 AM »
so what your saying is theres nowhere local i can buy them?

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF General
  • WF Colonel
  • Ormsby Guitars and Repairs
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
Everywhere local sells them. Nobody stocks them though. You will HAVE to order them in. There are over 780 different seymour duncan pickups, most stores carry three.

EMGs are better, and half the price, plus i DO have stock :)

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 07:36:21 PM »
Hmmm interesting.

Ive already got a guitar with EMGs so regardless of quality or price id like to check these out. Sucks about the stock issue, guess ill be ordering them

Offline CamZH

• WF Private
  • Obey Your Shelby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 01:25:35 AM »

Are the EMG's actually better ?

We've got guitars with both and wouldn't say one is better than the other. Just different.
In a world flooded with EMG 81's its nice to see something different.
It's a long way to the top if you stop to rock n' roll
Currently Selling/Trade:
1x15" bass cab
Gibson RD

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF General
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 02:29:47 AM »

Are the EMG's actually better ?

We've got guitars with both and wouldn't say one is better than the other. Just different.
In a world flooded with EMG 81's its nice to see something different.

Never seen a faulty EMG, but already had some faulty Blackouts. They are SUPPOSED to sound just like the passives, but if thats the case, why bother?

I am not even a fan of EMGs, but i prefer them over the Duncan Actives.

Offline 2112

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 06:00:52 AM »
if you want something different maybe try something low output if you're running a high gain amp....super high output pickups just aren't needed when you've got that much gain on tap; maybe even try out the duncan phat cat p90's for a change.
OR try emg's and do the 18volt mod.....
Brain causes alcohol damage

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF General
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 02:49:14 AM »
if you want something different maybe try something low output if you're running a high gain amp....super high output pickups just aren't needed when you've got that much gain on tap

Yup...

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 03:35:09 AM »
a wise songbird tells me you make your own custom pickups Perry, got any futher info youd like to divulge?

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF General
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 04:24:44 AM »
Yup, just awaiting the posters, point of sale displays, comparison tone charts, and sample sounds to be finalised. They will be available within most major retail stores throughout WA within three weeks, or direct through me now.

We recorded 75 different sound samples today: every pickup in every position (well, we ran out of time, so missed out on recording three of the less popular style pickups), through a dead clean mesa boogie, vintage dirty style Ulbrich 50w, 50w Bad Cat for more gainy sounds, and a 5150 mkI for the modern heavy sounds. So, every style of gain is catered for. Used the same cabinet, same mic, same mic position, same guitar, same setup, same strings, and same pickup heights, to keep the tone differences more noticable.
Have to now master, chop, and upload those files, and make the webpages, then a sample sounds cd, etc etc...

The models are:
Old School (Alnico II or V) in Tunomatic, Tremolo, and neck spacings. Colours: Double Black, Zebra, Chrome, Gold
Sound: Clean and open. Low output. PAF style
Old School + (Alnico II or V) in Tunomatic, Tremolo, and neck spacings. Colours: Double Black, Zebra, Chrome, Gold
Sound: Clean and open with a touch more oomph than the standard Old School. Low output. PAF with a slight bite.
Nunchucker (Alnico II or V or Ceramic) in Tunomatic or Tremolo spacings. Colours: Double Black, Zebra, Chrome, Gold
Sound: Great Rock/Metal pickup. PAF on steriods. Medium output.
Hybrid (Alnico II or V or Ceramic) in Tunomatic or Tremolo spacings. Colours: Double Black, Zebra, Chrome, Gold
Sound: Heavily mismatched coils for a true open natural sound. Designed for the guitarist who wants fantastic coil split sounds for more versatility.
Hot Rock (Alnico V or Ceramic) in Tunomatic or Tremolo spacings. Colours: Double Black, Zebra, Chrome, Gold
Sounds: Heavy Rock and Metal. Higher output to drive the front end of your tube amplifier.
Master Blaster (Alnico V or Ceramic) in Tunomatic or Tremolo spacings. Colours: Double Black, Zebra, Chrome, Gold
Sounds: Heavy Rock, Punk and Metal. High output to drive your amp and provide stunning sustain.
Super Hot (Alnico V or Ceramic) in Tunomatic or Tremolo spacings. Colours: Double Black, Zebra, Chrome, Gold
Sounds: Heavy Rock, Punk and Metal. Highest output to drive your amp and provide stunning sustain.

I have more than 70 pickups in stock, and we are winding another 30 in the next week. $199 each for all the models i make, and the same price for customs. Im also looking for pickup endorsees for gigging bands with regular gigs.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:37:13 AM by Ormsby_Guitars »

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 06:30:15 AM »
Cool, ill definitely be looking into your stock before committing myself to something possibly inferior. Plus 200 bucks is shitloads cheaper than most others.

Offline same same

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 09:30:54 AM »
Isn't there a new line of EMG's coming out? x Series?? better?