Author Topic: DOUBLE DRAGON/ TRUTH CORRODED WA Tour June 11 - 13 (inc 2 stage fest & all ages)  (Read 5665 times)

Offline Tittiesandbeer

• WF Colonel
  • Grog On
    • View Profile

Show at The Hyde Park Hotel is in the backroom. Should be spastic!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 08:36:35 PM by Tittiesandbeer »

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Sweet, I will be at the Hyde Park gig.

Offline cabba

• WF Colonel
  • Raider
    • View Profile
    • CTT
YES!

Offline MirrorMirror

• WF Major
  • \m/
    • View Profile
hyde oark seems the go! DD were great when i saw them at rocket room earlier in the year :D
May my weary soul find release for a while, at the moment of death I will smile.

Offline Tittiesandbeer

• WF Colonel
  • Grog On
    • View Profile
Sworn To Thanatos have been added to All Ages show!

Offline Tittiesandbeer

• WF Colonel
  • Grog On
    • View Profile
its all happening this weekend

Offline TRANSCEND BASS

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Sight Transcend Myspace
Sight Transcend will be playing the late shift straight after double dragon if anybody is interested.....bout 12.30 i think were on.
That be tonights show at the rocket room.
EP Launch - Rosemount - 22.08.09 : www.myspace.com/sighttranscend

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
hmmm...tempting...

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
MHORGL WILL REPLACING ONE OF THE BANDS ON THE SATURDAY SHOW.
DAMN, I CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH ONE!?...BUT ANYWAY....
COME DOWN AND DESTROY IN THE NAME OF DARKNESS AND MORBIDITY.

Offline amy

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
its time to raise the flag of hate! mhorgl will triple the dragon hehe  :D

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
Awesome! GO MHORGL  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Also  :D

Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline necromantra

• WF Private
    • View Profile
mystic biscuits!

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
I was at this gig, but after four or five drinks I started to feel like a couldn't stomach being around other humans.  I ended up walking for miles in a random direction and when I stumbled upon a train station in Mount Lawley I decided to catch the train home.
 At about two in the morning I was almost home and I suddenly found myself confronted by three abos who were asking for money and smokes. They were being demanding, but not overly aggressive, and I was having trouble judging their intentions, one thing I wasn't gonna do is give them a cent and I told them so. 

I had a set of telescopic nunchukas in the leg pocket of the camos I was wearing and I had slipped them into my sleave when I saw them coming. They were a gift from a mate, telescoping tubular steel and they flick out to full extension with the first swing, very nasty.  My adrenaline was surging and I was trying to make up my mind whether to attack quick and take one or two out before they had a chance to move or to just ride it out by verbal hostility, but I was within seconds of just going for broke.  Again, they weren't really saying or doing anything threatening, I just felt a sense of menace.

Just when it seemed inevitable, they seemed to suddenly all just relax and their demeanor changed.  They became all friendly, said goodnight and wandered off.  One of them even insisted on shaking my hand. 

That did my head in, man I don't understand abos one bit.  Can anyone explain this behavior to me?

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
were you wearing aftershave..?  :hmm:

Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
Maybe the majority of the menace was in your head? ... alcohol + adrenaline etc

Maybe they weigh'd you up & thought better of it? ... you are a mean looking bastard at times jez  8)

The situation could of been different if you were a 18yr old girl or a scrawny young bloke  :hmm:

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
I was at this gig, but after four or five drinks I started to feel like a couldn't stomach being around other humans.  I ended up walking for miles in a random direction and when I stumbled upon a train station in Mount Lawley I decided to catch the train home.
 At about two in the morning I was almost home and I suddenly found myself confronted by three abos who were asking for money and smokes. They were being demanding, but not overly aggressive, and I was having trouble judging their intentions, one thing I wasn't gonna do is give them a cent and I told them so. 

I had a set of telescopic nunchukas in the leg pocket of the camos I was wearing and I had slipped them into my sleave when I saw them coming. They were a gift from a mate, telescoping tubular steel and they flick out to full extension with the first swing, very nasty.  My adrenaline was surging and I was trying to make up my mind whether to attack quick and take one or two out before they had a chance to move or to just ride it out by verbal hostility, but I was within seconds of just going for broke.  Again, they weren't really saying or doing anything threatening, I just felt a sense of menace.

Just when it seemed inevitable, they seemed to suddenly all just relax and their demeanor changed.  They became all friendly, said goodnight and wandered off.  One of them even insisted on shaking my hand. 

That did my head in, man I don't understand abos one bit.  Can anyone explain this behavior to me?

when I was a young'n living in Bentley me and a mate were walking back down the dark streets of Bentley (possibly on the way home from the Curtin Tav). Anyway, I had a pocket full of weed and a couple of hundred in cash, as did my mate. This car full of young coons pulled over in their Datsun and 2 of them got out while the other 2 or 3 sat in the car, idling. They did the usual, ask for petrol money and weed. They started off pretty nice actually, just asking if we knew where to score some "Ardross" (I can only assume they were trying to say Hydro's). When we told them we didnt, thats when they asked for petrol money, then when we declined asked us to empty our pockets... we both had pocket knives, and simultaneously pulled them out, opened them and said "sorry guys, this is all we have in our pockets". I had to fish behind my big stash tin and wallet to get to it. We didnt pull them out in a threatening manner at all, and thinking back it could have been a silly move, but either way, they were back in the car and off down the road before we knew what had happened. All's well that ends well.
Mongeese like results

Offline Noctarth

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Great gig, wish I could have stayed for the whole night. I was pretty surprised at the shitty turnout though, where was everyone? East coast bands aside, it was a kick arse lineup!

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
Haydz mate, that's way better than my story.   ;D

Maybe the majority of the menace was in your head? ... alcohol + adrenaline etc

Could be.  I always expect the worst and my dark personality can sometimes create demons that aren't there.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Haydz mate, that's way better than my story.   ;D

dude, you were carrying nunchukas! thats WAY cooler than a plebby pocket knife!
Mongeese like results

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
fucking awesome gig and good times

I was pretty surprised at the shitty turnout though, where was everyone? East coast bands aside, it was a kick arse lineup!

yeah man, strange shit going on
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
yer great gig.. 2nd stage was killer..!

DD were SIKK

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
Hey Jez I take it that the 2 guyz dancing bicuriously in front of you during Cuntscrape were too much for you. They were attracted to Dysie onstage like flies to shit.
That's what your'e gonna get Jez if you stand dead smack in front of Dyson.  :rofl:

I gotta say when I saw Truth Corroded 3 years ago I thought they were average. But this time round I was impressed, the new drummer is a machine. The guy puts every ounce of energy into every hit. I can't remember the last time I saw a drummer smash out rolls & fills so hard & precise. That guy was an animal.
The turnout @ the Rocket Room was good but fuck all regulars. I thought that was because of the lineup for the Hydie gig. But what the fuck was up with the shitty turnout, Soundworks went to the effort of a 10 BAND double stager & only a handful of people turned out. FUCKING SHAMEFUL.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
Hey Jez I take it that the 2 guyz dancing bicuriously in front of you during Cuntscrape were too much for you. They were attracted to Dysie onstage like flies to shit.
That's what your'e gonna get Jez if you stand dead smack in front of Dyson.  :rofl:
Like the pope to the woods.   ;D

Haha yeah, they were a laugh, weren't they?  But nah, it wasn't them in particular.  Sometimes I just can't stand to be around humans, even my kind of humans.

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
Had a pretty damn solid time at this gig :) Thanks for putting it on Soundworks.
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline MalignantlyGrotesque

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Malignant Monster and Double Dragons new shit sounded great.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
The turnout @ the Rocket Room was good but fuck all regulars. I thought that was because of the lineup for the Hydie gig.

Same deal at the Castle, decent turnout, but very few regulars. Those that did turn up, were heading down to the Hydie after seeing Archaic anyway. There was a rugby game, and the Crusty Demons on that night as well, might have drawn a few people away. I had expected most people to be at the Hydie gig though.

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
I gotta say when I saw Truth Corroded 3 years ago I thought they were average. But this time round I was impressed, the new drummer is a machine. The guy puts every ounce of energy into every hit. I can't remember the last time I saw a drummer smash out rolls & fills so hard & precise. That guy was an animal.
The turnout @ the Rocket Room was good but fuck all regulars. I thought that was because of the lineup for the Hydie gig. But what the fuck was up with the shitty turnout, Soundworks went to the effort of a 10 BAND double stager & only a handful of people turned out. FUCKING SHAMEFUL.

The new Truth Corroded drummer use to play in Cry Murder.. Awesome dude and great drummer.. He put some nice little dents in my skin =P

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
  • Peace and fucking... Believe!
    • View Profile
He put some nice little dents in my skin =P
Was he a bit rough with you after the show!?  :sick:.... sorry couldn't help it  ;)
Fraternally bound to haunt swollen distended bodies
Their chemical reactions clash amidst rank autopsies...
NH2(CH2)4NH2...Putrescine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut