Author Topic: AC/DC Live @ Subiaco Oval March 6th 2010  (Read 8559 times)

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: AC/DC Live @ Subiaco Oval March 6th 2010
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 11:51:09 PM »
what about bands like Dio, that were named that purely because he thought his name would draw more attention? where do you stand on that? I think thats egotistical and wanky myself.... which probably means you love it :P
No i agree totally :P It is egotistical and wanky! But that is apparently why the other members of Wolfmother left in the first place so the dude might as well do it. The woldfmother dude is basically exploiting a name in the opposite way to that situation.

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »
Lined up at 5.30 this morning to get tickets and managed to get Arena 1 tickets for the second show. I'm so excited ;D

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 07:22:06 PM »
Lined up at 5.30 this morning to get tickets and managed to get Arena 1 tickets for the second show. I'm so excited ;D

got my gold  for the first show :headbang: just had to fight for reserved seating for the second show so my nephews can experience the greatness of AccaDacca took me a while to find them and had to settle for 5x149.50 RESERVED SEATING my nephews are lucky little cunts

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 07:22:43 PM »
Chris got our tickets this morning. Arena 2, first show. Apprently they are already worth a bit on eBay as well :laugh:
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 07:36:59 PM »
They were saying on the internet that the dude that was first in line at Challenge Stadium, drove from Port Headland!

Well done boys. I won't see you there ;) :P

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 09:26:15 PM »
Hah I looked at the clock and it was 11am, mentioned to one of my new bosses that oops I might have missed out on ACDC tickets, and she yelled at me, "Get on the computer now and get them!!!".
Funny stuff. It's good when you get cool bosses.

So I got 1 x Arena 3 for the first show (didn't realise there was a second, yeah I'm on the ball...).. huzzah!
Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline Bailey

• WF Major
  • "you like uh the sex crime?...high five"
    • View Profile
    • Trident Winter
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 11:25:46 PM »

thanks to this little legend i too have area 1 tickets for the second show :D....fucking pumped!

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 11:44:29 PM »
Hah I looked at the clock and it was 11am, mentioned to one of my new bosses that oops I might have missed out on ACDC tickets, and she yelled at me, "Get on the computer now and get them!!!".

So I got 1 x Arena 3 for the first show (didn't realise there was a second, yeah I'm on the ball...).. huzzah!

Yeah its wierd that i noticed you could still buy tickets to the first show around 1pm today..when apprently it had been sold out by 9:10am today.... probably announce it as sold out before it is, to drive people to buy tickets quickly to the second show.

EDIT: Not that it matters coz it is really sold out now :p
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 02:10:26 AM by DamoESP »
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »
Looks like they're well and truly gone now though... both shows by the sounds of it!
So they announcing a 3rd show or what? :P

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 06:37:14 AM »
Looks like they're well and truly gone now though... both shows by the sounds of it!
So they announcing a 3rd show or what? :P

Well apparently there was talks that the promoter was going to talk to the band tonight to try and get them to shift the March 12th date in Japan so they could fit in a third Perth show.

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 04:07:51 PM »

Yeah its wierd that i noticed you could still buy tickets to the first show around 1pm today..when apprently it had been sold out by 9:10am today.... probably announce it as sold out before it is, to drive people to buy tickets quickly to the second show.

EDIT: Not that it matters coz it is really sold out now :p

I'm pretty sure it was sold out. But later on in the day I think they released shitty restricted viewing tickets that they may not have released initially. I think I found the same for Melbourne.

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 03:17:20 AM »
My dad got tickets for the whole family yesterday. Arena 1, show 1. Can't wait.

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2009, 03:37:27 AM »
Yesterday? Ex-squeeze me?

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2009, 03:41:38 AM »

sounds like somebody has connections

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2009, 04:04:52 AM »
what about bands like Dio, that were named that purely because he thought his name would draw more attention? where do you stand on that? I think thats egotistical and wanky myself.... which probably means you love it :P

because he was (at the time) the only person known so they named it DIO so people would knew what it was its not wank when he releases a half arsed reality tv show and his wife makes her own half arsed talk show then i will call it wank

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2009, 04:17:00 AM »

sounds like somebody has connections

Or I lost a day somewhere along the line.

Offline Grace_Metalious

• WF Colonel
  • He's an alligator ...
    • View Profile
    • The Hellacopters Homepage
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2009, 05:59:40 AM »
Just to clear up any confusion, the shows are not called "sold out" until the venue and promoters say so.
There was an allocation of restricted view available, they were not put on sale immediately to avoid confusion - people would have bought them and not realised it was restricted view until it was too late.

Sometimes, if a promoter approves an exchange, 2 or 3 tickets might become available, although that is quite rare.
Warriors ... Come out to play!

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Fate of third AC/DC concert known tomorrow
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2009, 07:03:10 PM »
Organisers for the much-anticipated AC/DC Black Ice tour should know by tomorrow whether the popular band will hold a third concert in Perth the first two concerts sold out within hours.

AC/DC promoter Garry Van Egmond told thewest.com.au today he was negotiating with concert organisers in Japan to move a planned concert date there to accommodate the third Perth event.

He said this would hopefully reduce the inflated prices ticket scalpers are charging, after reports that people have been selling tickets at hugely inflated prices on eBay. Some reportedly bought up to 40 tickets and are selling them at triple the cost.

?It is not only here, it happens all around the world where you get people selling tickets at hugely inflated prices,? Van Egmond said.

?It?s exactly why we are looking to do a third concert in Perth. It is criminal for these people to sell the tickets at such high prices. We wanted to make the tickets reasonable and hopefully we will get the third concert,? he said.

AC/DC?s stopover in Perth on their Black Ice Tour became the fastest selling concert in WA history when all 40,000 tickets to their first show on March 6 were snapped up in just seven minutes.

A second Subiaco Oval date on March 8 sold out before noon on Monday.

AC/DC has sold a staggering 500,000 tickets around Australia ? more than double the amount sold for their last tour in 2001.

Offline BoltZ

• WF Major
  • Bass EnforcEr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »
^ I remember the same thing happened a couple of years ago when a certain popular act came to Perth; my missus and a friend of hers tried for ages to get tickets for the concerts in Perth but all were sold out extremely quickly, before scalpers =whacked them on ebay. Thankfully tho the act announced more and more concerts in Perth to accommodate the huge demand, and my missus and friend were finally able to get tickets (albeit at 5pm on the day of sale) for the last concert.

Now while i abhor popular music and everything it stands for (or doesn't, as the case may be), i did gain some respect for the act for playing more shows (from memory about 5 in total in Perth alone), even tho their music makes my ears bleed and i can't fucking stand the sight of them. However it seems they found a way to beat the scalpers for once; by playing more and more shows they not only made more cash for themselves, but also gave more people who wanted to go the chance to see them anyway, therefore making scalped tickets not worth the hugely inflated prices they were asking on ebay and wherever. If that isn't worth a tip of the hat, i don't know what is.

Lets just hope AC/DC does the same; they have a massive fanbase in Aus, and if i were them I'd stay as long as possible.

"Enforce kills everyone"
 - Lord Worm (!)

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 07:03:57 PM »
^ I remember the same thing happened a couple of years ago when a certain popular act came to Perth; my missus and a friend of hers tried for ages to get tickets for the concerts in Perth but all were sold out extremely quickly, before scalpers =whacked them on ebay. Thankfully tho the act announced more and more concerts in Perth to accommodate the huge demand, and my missus and friend were finally able to get tickets (albeit at 5pm on the day of sale) for the last concert.

Now while i abhor popular music and everything it stands for (or doesn't, as the case may be), i did gain some respect for the act for playing more shows (from memory about 5 in total in Perth alone), even tho their music makes my ears bleed and i can't fucking stand the sight of them. However it seems they found a way to beat the scalpers for once; by playing more and more shows they not only made more cash for themselves, but also gave more people who wanted to go the chance to see them anyway, therefore making scalped tickets not worth the hugely inflated prices they were asking on ebay and wherever. If that isn't worth a tip of the hat, i don't know what is.

Lets just hope AC/DC does the same; they have a massive fanbase in Aus, and if i were them I'd stay as long as possible.

You know you could of said PINK  ;D and yes its awesome to see an act who cares about fans/people wanting to see their show its a very rare thing nowdays

Offline Black Label

• WF Lieutenant
  • Right Next Door To Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 08:38:58 PM »
I don't suppose anyone would be willing to trade 6 Arena 1/2 tickets for the Monday 8th show with 6 Arena 1 tickets for the Saturday 6th show by any chance?

Need to know asap!

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 07:33:51 PM »
5 weeks to go ;D

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 03:30:00 AM »
5 weeks to go ;D

Wanna know something really really.. really really... REALLY sad?

I went to press the "Like" button on that................

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 03:39:09 AM »
5 weeks to go ;D

Daz...Terry wants you to install a "Like" button on WF.

;D

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 06:18:22 AM »
5 weeks to go ;D

Daz...Terry wants you to install a "Like" button on WF.

;D

Do eeeeet  ;)
BUT make sure you have a "Dislike" button as well... !!!

And it's Terri! :P