Author Topic: KARL SANDERS Special Guest Appearance on new EX DEO album!  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting *strokes beard*

EX DEO, the new Roman themed band featuring Maurizio Iacono of KATAKLYSM recently announced that Karl Sanders (NILE) makes a special guest appearances on the new album, Romulus where Karl laid down a ripping solo on the track "The Final War (The Battle Of Actium)" which deals with Antony and Cleopatra's defiance of Octivian in Egypt.

Commented Maurizio Iacono: "It's an honor for me that such talented musicians and friends lent their art for a couple songs on this album. I only asked a few selected people that had involvement with history through their music and related to this band's concept, so I salute them for contributing to Rome's rise and they shall be amply rewarded for it."

EX DEO recently tapped renowned director Stanimir "Staca" Lukic to helm the video for the title track of the group's upcoming debut album, Romulus. The clip was filmed in early March in Belgrade, Serbia where the magic of Rome was recreated.

VIDEO: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=56978231
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:07:07 PM by Evil_-_Butterfly »
Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
Re: KARL SANDERS Special Guest Appearance on new EX DEO album!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 12:44:21 AM »
Isn't that kind of similar to Behemoth's theme? (or one of them)

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:25:43 AM »
That picture almost looks like a motivational pic.

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »
I remember reading an interview with Karl Sanders a while ago (on metal-rules or something), and he was very adamant about being incredibly choosy when it comes to laying down a guest solo. For one of his mates band's he apparently spent a good 2 or 3 days solid creating a solo, only to have to toned down so low on the actual pressing that you could barely hear it.

So yeah for him to do this, these guys have gotta be worth checking out.

That photo looking fucking atrocious though

edit: OK watching it now, and the clip is more ridiculous than a Symphony X video, but this is way more lame. It's making it hard to focus on the song, which also I'm not a big fan of either soooo... Maybe I won't check them out any further :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:32:41 PM by Teeman »
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 01:00:03 AM »
I thought the video was awesome personally.  I look forward to hearing the whole album, and that's coming from someone who hates Kataklysm.  This looks like it will shit all over them and the vocalist certainly has improved from what I've heard from him in the past.