Author Topic: New Maudlin of the Well - Part to Second released for free.  (Read 2396 times)

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
http://www.maudlinofthewell.net/

I'm downloading it now to see what it's like. I hope it's just as good as Bath or Leaving Your Body Map. Kayo Dot was the bomb with their first release, Choirs of the Eye.

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Re: New Maudlin of the Well - Part to Second released for free.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 12:59:35 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but this is my review of the album after listening to it a fair bit.

This album takes you on an emotional musical journey on a roller coaster. It is worth the download for any fan of music that requires more than a catchy beat to enjoy. The musicianship is phenomenal, the compositionship of Toby Driver is fantastic. This definitely will grow on me the more I listen to it. I've always felt the ethereal qualities of MotW's music in their previous efforts. They have a way of fusing melancholy, sorrow and an almost schizophrenic happiness with their music. And whilst this isn't in anyway shape or form an extreme metal record I thoroughly enjoy it.

Offline macgyver

• WF Major
  • RDAs Love Child
    • View Profile
Re: New Maudlin of the Well - Part to Second released for free.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 02:27:44 AM »
love the motw - although as most find suprising I always liked fruity psychobells the best and still do. somethng about all the different songs and styles just works for me.

Love that shit!