Author Topic: Terminator 4 **SPOILER WARNING**  (Read 7594 times)

Offline Metallifux

• WF Colonel
  • Cursh your enemies, see them driven before you
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine
Terminator 4 **SPOILER WARNING**
« on: June 05, 2009, 07:49:33 AM »
Well after reading all the reviews i'd prepared myself to see another shit movie(I went to the midnight premier of T3 and almost left in disgust) and i can say i actually thought it was a decent portrayal of the future war. My only gripe in terms of continuity with the originals(being a Terminator geek) is that Kyle says in T4 that they move about in the day cause it's safer as the Terminators use infra-red, however i'm pretty sure i havent watched it to check but Kyle in T1 tells sarah that they move about at night, but they have to be careful cause the HK's use infra-red...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 08:30:58 AM by TnT »

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator 4
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:01:18 AM »
Just got back from the cinema, and i have to say after seeing T3 i wasnt expecting much but i was pleasantly surprised.

I think most of the stuff they retconned (ie resistance guys having lazer guns) they did because these days it still seems quite far off for 9 years in the future, and when the original was made 30 years down the track seemed feasible to have lazers n shit.

Also any continuity errors can basically be explained away with the time travel plot device. Who knows, something someone did at some point after kyle goes back in time in the first movie could have altered the way HKs were made hence the moving in the day part. More likely the writers didnt pay enough attention to the first 2 movies and are just douches.

That being said, decent movie.
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline Metallifux

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 08:03:44 AM »
yep this geek was right... just checked T1 and Kylse says "stay down by day, but at night you can move around you still have to be careful cause the HK's use infra-red.

Offline Metallifux

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 08:07:26 AM »
Just got back from the cinema, and i have to say after seeing T3 i wasnt expecting much but i was pleasantly surprised.

I think most of the stuff they retconned (ie resistance guys having lazer guns) they did because these days it still seems quite far off for 9 years in the future, and when the original was made 30 years down the track seemed feasible to have lazers n shit.

Also any continuity errors can basically be explained away with the time travel plot device. Who knows, something someone did at some point after kyle goes back in time in the first movie could have altered the way HKs were made hence the moving in the day part. More likely the writers didnt pay enough attention to the first 2 movies and are just douches.

That being said, decent movie.

Writers are douches! However i think the laser guns only appeared around 2029, T4 is set in 2018 so i'll have to believe that they go to laser in those 11 years

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 08:11:09 AM »
Hmm this is also true, but seriously short of reverse engineering some skynet stuff (which seems highly likely) how the hell is the resistance guna develop laser guns in 11 years when spread like a whores vagina at a gangbang competition?
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
Re: Terminator 4 **SPOILER WARNING**
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:28:04 AM »
I'm unsure. While it was a cool movie and was basically an action movie fan's wet dream, it seemed to be lacking story. Terminator movies in the past have had so much story while this one was a pretty straight forward Hollywood action 'hero saves the day' kind of flick with not much in between. It had potential to go into more depth, with that whole prototype (the Sam Worthington machine man) thing, but it kinda got that over with as quick as possible so it could get back to the guns and explosions.

And why was the T800(was it an 800 that was the CGI Arnie?) so powerful? Aside from the grenade blasts that didn't seem to phase it (in the 1st 3 movies, the terminators got a least SOME damage from explosions like them), how did the molten steel not kill it? That's EXACTLY how 2 terminators die in T2! I thought that was a bit silly.

Anyway, I still enjoyed it. Hopefully it's just a taste of what's in store for the next installments.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 08:36:12 AM »
Once again, the beauty of the Terminator movies is that any inconsistency can be explained away by the whole time travel thing. Perhaps skynet found out about the whole molten lava and made the future T800s resistant?

Yeah. Think about it.

Offline Metallifux

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 09:27:26 AM »
I'm unsure. While it was a cool movie and was basically an action movie fan's wet dream, it seemed to be lacking story. Terminator movies in the past have had so much story while this one was a pretty straight forward Hollywood action 'hero saves the day' kind of flick with not much in between. It had potential to go into more depth, with that whole prototype (the Sam Worthington machine man) thing, but it kinda got that over with as quick as possible so it could get back to the guns and explosions.

And why was the T800(was it an 800 that was the CGI Arnie?) so powerful? Aside from the grenade blasts that didn't seem to phase it (in the 1st 3 movies, the terminators got a least SOME damage from explosions like them), how did the molten steel not kill it? That's EXACTLY how 2 terminators die in T2! I thought that was a bit silly.

Anyway, I still enjoyed it. Hopefully it's just a taste of what's in store for the next installments.

The shots did damage its chest and took it out of action for a little bit just like in the bar scene in T1 the Terminators fall down and then get back up after a few seconds. My only guess with the molten metal was that it could have been at a different temp than in the other factory and also it is only splashed on to the T800 in T4 whereas in T2 he is completely submerged in a molten steel vat thing and even then it takes a while for him to die as you see his vision for a few seconds after he is submerged.

Offline Metallifux

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 09:29:28 AM »
Hmm this is also true, but seriously short of reverse engineering some skynet stuff (which seems highly likely) how the hell is the resistance guna develop laser guns in 11 years when spread like a whores vagina at a gangbang competition?

true that, but the Harvester did have some kind of plasma gun so you could say they are halfway there.

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:59 PM »

Offline MD

• WF Private
  • ITS A TRAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 07:22:30 PM »
I went and saw this one last night, I was sure after reading reviews and everything about it from its release in the states that it wasnt going to be the best film. I was wrong. I enjoyed it , Ive been following the film since they announced they where making it and after seeing this film last night i feel as a fan of the series it was handled pretty well. I have read that there was some 20-40 mins of the film cut so hopefully thatll be put onto the dvd.

Did anyone catch the article in the west australian entertainment section yesterday? My brother used it to wrap cray fish so bit hard for me to read.

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 07:26:16 PM »
Once again, the beauty of the Terminator movies is that any inconsistency can be explained away by the whole time travel thing. Perhaps skynet found out about the whole molten lava and made the future T800s resistant?

Yeah. Think about it.

Since there are at least 3/4 Timelines in the Terminiator Universe now due to the time travel, any inconsistencies they have, they can just be explained away due to time travel.

The movie was a heap better than T3 (Which was a pile of shit) but of course still can't touch T1/T2. I am very interested in seeing how T5 develops....McG has mentioned that it will focus on a character played by Robert Paterick, who plays his present day self (60 year old) scientist who works on developing human tissue growth etc, that then helps Skynet develop infiltrators, with Christian Bale playing John Connnor. He said it should be released in 2011.
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 07:33:25 PM »
I went and saw this one last night, I was sure after reading reviews and everything about it from its release in the states that it wasnt going to be the best film. I was wrong. I enjoyed it , Ive been following the film since they announced they where making it and after seeing this film last night i feel as a fan of the series it was handled pretty well. I have read that there was some 20-40 mins of the film cut so hopefully thatll be put onto the dvd.

Did anyone catch the article in the west australian entertainment section yesterday? My brother used it to wrap cray fish so bit hard for me to read.

Yep....I hope they also include the scene with Arnie dialouge...he only spoke a few words, but they never made the final cut :(

Offline MD

• WF Private
  • ITS A TRAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 08:02:45 PM »

Yep....I hope they also include the scene with Arnie dialouge...he only spoke a few words, but they never made the final cut :(

also stan winston's cameo would be cool as well seeing as it was said that he made a cameo as one of connors tech com soldiers or something along those lines.

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 09:15:14 PM »
yep this geek was right... just checked T1 and Kylse says "stay down by day, but at night you can move around you still have to be careful cause the HK's use infra-red.

i was the same in star trek i could put character references to the new actors from the old ones and they did an awesome job

I love my Terminator films but im an Arnie fan all the way, i will go check this out today me thinks, i listened to a review from some german chick at the Cannes film festival and she reckons that Sam Wothington outplays Christian Bale and even though they weren't meant to talk about it she even asked him why he cut sick at that guy for walking in front of him and he made some bullshit up about how he takes his work seriously and he concentration was broken for like a split second  :rofl: lets see if he takes his work more serious than Heath Ledger

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 10:05:52 PM »

i was the same in star trek i could put character references to the new actors from the old ones and they did an awesome job

I love my Terminator films but im an Arnie fan all the way, i will go check this out today me thinks, i listened to a review from some german chick at the Cannes film festival and she reckons that Sam Wothington outplays Christian Bale and even though they weren't meant to talk about it she even asked him why he cut sick at that guy for walking in front of him and he made some bullshit up about how he takes his work seriously and he concentration was broken for like a split second  :rofl: lets see if he takes his work more serious than Heath Ledger

AS awesome as Christian Bale is, Sam Worthington did steal the show in T4.
Though, I can't wait for the Metal Gear Solid movie, which is rumoured to have Christian Bale as Solid Snake :headbang:

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »

Though, I can't wait for the Metal Gear Solid movie, which is rumoured to have Christian Bale as Solid Snake :headbang:

Don't get your hopes up, directors have a habit of completely bastardising and butchering video game adaptations so they appeal to a wider audience. I am definitely not looking forward to the impending shitstorm that is MGS the movie. Unless of course they get Donald Sutherland to play Revolver Ocelot. I would tip Lee Marvin but unfortunately hes dead.

Offline Metallifux

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 10:39:45 PM »

Still find it amazing that it was the first T movie to not be rated R in America, apparently they took out two scenes that dropped it one with a screw driver through a shoulder and one with Moon's titties! So yes i hope the DVD version is way more brutal. Gotta say the Harvester mototermininators was lame and yeh Sam Worthington was terrific.

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 12:34:15 AM »

:o Metal Gear Solid Movie  :fap: the first MGS is one of the greatest game releases ever made and im glad its loyal to sony fuck xbox all they have is Halo

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 10:14:08 AM »

:o Metal Gear Solid Movie  :fap: the first MGS is one of the greatest game releases ever made and im glad its loyal to sony fuck xbox all they have is Halo

hahah sorry to break it to you, but the next Metal Gear Solid is being released on XBOX 360...was announced at E3 a few days ago.. :(

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 03:59:14 PM »

hahah sorry to break it to you, but the next Metal Gear Solid is being released on XBOX 360...was announced at E3 a few days ago.. :(

Yeah but that MGS is gonna suck. Raiden as the main character again? Sons of Liberty sucked a big one and this will too.
Not to mention Hideo Kojima isnt gonna be involved with this one as hell be busy making the new MGS for PSP with the same dev crew that did MGS 4.

Big Boss > Raiden

Offline MD

• WF Private
  • ITS A TRAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 05:31:56 PM »

Still find it amazing that it was the first T movie to not be rated R in America, apparently they took out two scenes that dropped it one with a screw driver through a shoulder and one with Moon's titties! So yes i hope the DVD version is way more brutal. Gotta say the Harvester mototermininators was lame and yeh Sam Worthington was terrific.

yeah as a big a fan of christian bale i am i feel that worthington put way more effort into his role, where is to me bale was half hearted, i also heard a few of his scenes where cut down. and the mototermininators well dude they where just thrown in for the kids i think.

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »
Hahahahahaha ^ yeah. how fucking shit is that going to be.

Probably not shit at all. The xbox mgs they released wasnt that bad tbh.
What we do in our lives echoes in eternity

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 06:15:09 PM »
Raiden was a total badass in MGS 4, but right at the end when he reunited with his family he turned into a fag again.
Hence im writing off MGS Rising as a pile of shit right now.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 06:27:18 PM »
Hideo Kojima personally said that Uwe Boll would never have anything to do with a potential MGS movie.

Take solace in that

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 06:47:58 PM »
Metal Gear Solid is one of the worst video games series of all time, probably second only to Tomb Raider, haha.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 06:54:09 PM »

Fucken Dog Cunts Sony well i guess with Japan in recession they need to survive

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 06:56:50 PM »
Hideo Kojima personally said that Uwe Boll would never have anything to do with a potential MGS movie.

Take solace in that

thank god even though i own postal and reckon its pretty funny (Nothing like a scene where countless children are getting cut down by sub-machine gun crossfire)

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 05:17:14 AM »
I just got back from seeing it and I gotta say, I was really surprised. My youth was basically spent watching the first two movies, and so after seeing the third and hearing average reviews for this one, I had pretty low expectations for it. But that pretty much changed after they started playing Alice In Chains. There were so many references to the old movies that it was hard to keep up, and for the most part, it really sticks to the story established in the first two, rather than ignoring it like the third one did. But this is really far from Christian Bales best work. He is a much better John Connor than Nick Stahl and the kid from the TV series, but as others said, he gets outdone by Sam Worthington

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
  • Peace and fucking... Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 05:20:30 AM »
You know the thing that sucked most about seeing Terminator : Salvation? Being subjected to the preview for Transformers 2....... It looks like they did the impossible and and made a WORSE movie than the first one  :sick:
Fraternally bound to haunt swollen distended bodies
Their chemical reactions clash amidst rank autopsies...
NH2(CH2)4NH2...Putrescine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 05:26:34 AM »
You know the thing that sucked most about seeing Terminator : Salvation? Being subjected to the preview for Transformers 2....... It looks like they did the impossible and and made a WORSE movie than the first one  :sick:

I cringed when the bowling guy from The Big Lebowski said "What you're about to see is top secret, do not tell my mother".

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 06:13:29 AM »
Yeah the only role that guy is fit to play is THE JESUS!

Coz nobody fucks with The Jesus.

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 06:19:07 PM »
Yeah the only role that guy is fit to play is THE JESUS!

Coz nobody fucks with The Jesus.

No shit
What we do in our lives echoes in eternity

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »
Metal Gear Solid is one of the worst video games series of all time, probably second only to Tomb Raider, haha.

For once i don't agree with you.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 09:21:57 PM »

For once i don't agree with you.

yeah, Tomb Raider rules!
Mongeese like results

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 01:53:36 AM »
Is this movie child friendly, im gonna take my nephews tomorrow to see it they are 9 and 10 i figure if they release action figure toys kids should be able to withstand it. the only one i wouldn't let them watch is the original cause i remember that scaring the fuck out of me as a kid

Offline TomC

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 01:58:07 AM »
Is this movie child friendly, im gonna take my nephews tomorrow to see it they are 9 and 10 i figure if they release action figure toys kids should be able to withstand it. the only one i wouldn't let them watch is the original cause i remember that scaring the fuck out of me as a kid

If they can handle seeing a robot shed it's skin i guess?

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 02:09:37 AM »

If they can handle seeing a robot shed it's skin i guess?

cool they should handle it, they loved Transformers and i kind of get the same action vibe from the trailers Cheers

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »
Just saw it again today....still as epic as the first time I saw it!

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
  • beneath a sky of maggots i slept
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 05:14:50 AM »

Dude! You really do hate stuff.
the ultimate frostage desire snowflurry drifts these plains...

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 05:24:35 AM »
8)
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »
finally saw it the other night i was pretty impressed the story needed to be a bit stronger but when Arnie came out at the end i almost fell of my chair CGI today is a wonderful wonderful thing

Offline MD

• WF Private
  • ITS A TRAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2009, 06:08:50 AM »

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 07:49:31 PM »
this was good for a laugh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1d0OSxzgA8

:rofl: hell good "They used to just shoot at us but now they turn into sweet cars"

Offline MD

• WF Private
  • ITS A TRAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 08:19:23 PM »

:rofl: hell good "They used to just shoot at us but now they turn into sweet cars"
:laugh:and worst of all they steel all our sand. How good was the guys Bale voice though  :headbang:

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 10:38:19 PM »

:laugh:and worst of all they steel all our sand. How good was the guys Bale voice though  :headbang:

yeah it was perfect

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 08:38:18 AM »
Hahahaha, brilliant. :P

Just saw the movie today, I've been won over, the action scenes were mad, and so was most of the storyline, but things like the cheesey dialogue and might and glory of the allmighty John Connor was a bit lame. Fucking Christian Bale wanting to cement himself as an action movie icon, should have just focussed on doing the role well instead..

Also with the storyline, instead of having Kyle Reece captured and not being killed instantly like what would've actually happened, they should have just had him on the run with the little afro kid as a third party and just had the terminators and John catch up with him at the end (ala T2, seeing as they put so many minor and subtle references to the 1st 2 movies anyway) instead of the mass contradiction. oh well, it could've been a lot worse.

Arnie cameo = awesome effect!!