Author Topic: Detroit Metal City  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
Detroit Metal City
« on: June 14, 2009, 07:41:28 PM »
Detroit Metal City is a Japanese movie/anime/comic. I recently saw the movie, its pretty damn funny.

In a nutshell: Negishi moves from country Japan to Tokyo with dreams of becoming a 'pop' musician. Ultimately no-one likes his pop music and he ends up becoming the guitarist/vocalist for 'Detroit Metal City'. Under the stage name if 'Johannes Krauser II' DMC become the hottest band in the Japanese independent scene challenging (and defeating) punk bands, rappers etc.

Krauser is played up to be a demon king from hell and the fans eat it up, all the while Negishi hates the band/fans/music and still tries to forge ahead playing 'Swedish Pop Music' to impress a high school girlfriend. But hes so damn good as a guitarist/performer in DMC and no-one gives a shit about his pop music that he cant leave.

In the meantime 'black metal emperor' Jack Ill Dark (played by GENE SIMMONS) is going on a retirement tour and wants to crush DMC. His main song is 'Fuckingham Palace'  :rofl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS0033ny6q8

Its pretty silly, and has a lot of quirky Japanese style humour, but its a fun movie. If you can get over the music being called 'death metal' (which its not) in the film you might wanna check it out. There are 'plans for a hollywood remake'.

The big DMC single 'Satsugai' (translated as Murder') has fucking hilarious lyrics :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZkQFZaUKpY

Iam a terrorist from hell
I raped my mom yesterday
I will carve my dad up tomorrow
I am a terrorist straight out of hell

I don't have a mom or dad
It's because I killed them
I have neither friends or lovers
It's because I killed them

Kill kill kill your close ones
Kill kill kill everything kill

Murder it's murder