Dockers Rule!
5 (13.9%)
Dockers Suck
13 (36.1%)
They are ok I spose.
2 (5.6%)
No idea.
0 (0%)
Who cares? I prefer serial killer movies.
16 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: The Dockers!  (Read 19676 times)

Offline IOM

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: The Dockers!
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009, 07:58:28 AM »
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Failmantle are shit. They should break off from the AFL with Richmond and form their own leauge where they just play each other every week.

Harvey just needs to admit that his team is shit, and should resign. I am amazed that Freo supporters aren't calling for his head already (Though then again, they are use to mediocre crap). All he does is use excuse after excuse each week.

I don't get frustrated with their games anymore because I know they're rebuilding, but there's no excuse for only getting 1 goal in a game, that was just plain bullshit. Though his team isn't shit, it's inexperienced. He's not directly responsible for the match but he is just as much as the players themselves. Asking him to resign because he had about about 26 players to choose a final 22 due to injuries is just uncalled for. HOWEVER, I think they really should've had a better process for appointing a coach than just bumping up their assistants, it'd be great if they were in the market for a coach this year *coughBuckleycough*.

The fans aren't calling for his head because they know he's playing the kids (and not by choice) and it needs to be done, and not because they're accepting mediocrity.

The 1st year players played better than the more established players, I'd be questioning whether players like Peake, Murphy, Bradley have the capacity and the will to improve because they're just not up to league standard.

Jez, the first 3 names you mentioned weren't playing last night.

Of course take nothing away from the Crows, their pressure was incredible. I'd hate to admit it but collingwood-esque. I though it'd hold up for a qtr.. maybe a half but wow..

Rebuilding? so they just gonna build up sides, fail, then rebuild a new side to fail? i'll give you Dockers fans one thing, youre really goddamn patient, i'm putting money on the fact that Gold Coast will win a flag before Freo does.

Harvey basically gave Adelaide a huge percentage boost, handed it right over to them, his job has to be under some scrutiny because he has failed to deliver, he hasnt got a past track record that says "ok, hes gonna be able to take these young guys and turn them into football players" he has nothing but a shitty win to loss ratio.

I dont see them as a genuine contender for quite some time, and thats just not good enough for a team whos been in the AFL for almost 15 years now

Offline Crud

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »
I dont see them as a genuine contender for quite some time, and thats just not good enough for a team whos been in the AFL for almost 15 years now

I'm sure there are teams who have had longer gaps between successful/premiership seasons. 

Rebuilding? so they just gonna build up sides, fail, then rebuild a new side to fail?

They've never rebuilt like this before.  Usually recruited older players (which was a shit house idea obviously) in the past and are paying for it. Unfortunately the next draft is compromised due to the gold coast so that makes it harder.  The list clearly isn't as good as people are saying, from those names suggested only Tarrant and Sandilands are playing better than the previous year.  You can clearly see the lack of experience in the team. They imploded against Carlton and simply couldn't move forward. Then you have the Crows who have a FAR better defensive pressure than Carlton so you expect them to take a beating if they didn't turn up ready to play. But 1 goal is inexcusable and Schammer should be dropped for kicking it through Adelaide's goals. That set the tone of the match right there.

*coughlaidleycough*.

fixed

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 04:45:25 PM by DuD »

Offline Funeral Tormentor

• WF Lieutenant
  • disharmonious misanthropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009, 07:56:11 PM »
Rebuilding!? They've basicaly floged that excuse to death for 15 years now (except the two years when they did ok), and im begining to wonder how much longer there fans will accept it as an excuse. Bradley, Tarrant, Soloman, Headland, are crap quality players that they should have never picked up. Pav's contracted to 2011 or something but I recon he has a "get out early (if we still suck)" written into it somwhere. If he leaves then they are truely fucked. The fact they're blooding so many new young players shows the lack of depth they have, and they just pass it off as rebuilding again.

There is noway Buckley will or would ever coach Failmantle, most people can tell he wants top job or assistant to Malthouse at Collingwood.

and Never compare Adelaide to Collingwood, the only reason Collingwood are doing any good is because they dont leave Melbourne!! 18 games at the MCG is bullshit and thats why they have fresh players and are competitive. Fuck Eddy Maguire and his hand in Dimitrious pocket!!
www.myspace.com/lordhavoc666 - Dark Misanthropy - Raw Depressive Black Metal

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »
It can't be that simple, surely? 

Is it becuase Footy is fucking boring and they cant really assed? :P

Offline IOM

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2009, 09:35:34 PM »

I'm sure there are teams who have had longer gaps between successful/premiership seasons. 

Rebuilding? so they just gonna build up sides, fail, then rebuild a new side to fail?

Yes there are teams who have had longer gaps, but these teams havent gone so long without atleast threatening, Fremantle have had 2 decent seasons, 1 really good season for their standards, but other then that theyve never really been a serious threat.

They've never rebuilt like this before.  Usually recruited older players (which was a shit house idea obviously) in the past and are paying for it. Unfortunately the next draft is compromised due to the gold coast so that makes it harder.  The list clearly isn't as good as people are saying, from those names suggested only Tarrant and Sandilands are playing better than the previous year.  You can clearly see the lack of experience in the team. They imploded against Carlton and simply couldn't move forward. Then you have the Crows who have a FAR better defensive pressure than Carlton so you expect them to take a beating if they didn't turn up ready to play. But 1 goal is inexcusable and Schammer should be dropped for kicking it through Adelaide's goals. That set the tone of the match right there.

*coughlaidleycough*.

fixed

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2009, 10:03:28 PM »
I can't believe people are actually having a serious conversation about the Dockers, like they're a legitimate AFL team or something.

I always assumed they were formed simply for people to laugh at.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2009, 05:48:09 AM »
Glad to see someone else's already pointed it out..

Freo have NEVER rebuilt before, only ever traded in 'ringers' in an attempt to trade their way to a premiership which as we know failed dismally, and even the 1st round draft pics they took failed, Marcus Drum at pic 2 is wasting away like the dud he is in the WAFL, also take Riley Dunn, another bog of a 1st round draft pic. 5 games in 5 years and delisted..

The fact is though the pics they traded off to get these 'ringers' were the pics that would've snared the likes of Luke Hodge, Scott Pendlbury and Sam Mitchell amongst a few other names you wouldn't believe.. It's time to use the draft pics and pick up the players of this calibur and this is how it's done.

Pavlich if he ever wanted out has missed the boat, he's 28 at the end of the year and contracted until he's 30, by the time he's our of contract next he'll be too old for any team to be interested.

Harvey was given lemon's so he's made lemonade, he's gonna have to build the team from the ground up with these youngsters because there's still a shitload of dead weight in there, this years draft will replace more of them. But if they're on the same spot on the ladder come round 22 next year he might be a bit nervous..

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2009, 06:23:29 AM »
I can't take credit for these, but thought they were appropriate for this thrad.

The guy who does these is starting to move them from the forum where they were posted (www.bigfooty.com) to his new blog here:
http://bay13ms-paint.blogspot.com/

There are heaps, concerning every team, and pulling the pissoutta everyone...they are a good laugh.
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2009, 06:29:31 AM »
Hahahahaha!  Aaaaaaahhh that's soooo harsh.   ;D

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2009, 06:36:09 AM »

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2009, 06:37:28 AM »
Chocho wishes he had read the fine print:

One for Hadyz ;)

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 04:38:57 AM »
When big brother threatened to steal little sisters traditional pastime, little sisters response was impressive...

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »
aaaaaaaaaahahahaha

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
  • beneath a sky of maggots i slept
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »
They should put jokes in those cartoons
the ultimate frostage desire snowflurry drifts these plains...

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2009, 12:29:31 AM »
Hehe, keep em coming!

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
  • Invite the Darkside In....
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »
I've noticed there are a LOT less Docker fans around these days, and all the usually vocal passionate ones, now sit respectfully and watch the games, thinking deeply about strategy instead of screaming stupid shit at the umpires.  It took them longer than World War 2 to learn their lesson, but i think it was well worth it in the end.  Freo is definitely a nicer place to wander around these days.  Respect to the Docker fans that are left. 

I'd say losing is the ultimate fan quality control.
Conquest is made from the ashes of ones enemies...

Offline IOM

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2009, 09:55:50 PM »
I've noticed there are a LOT less Docker fans around these days, and all the usually vocal passionate ones, now sit respectfully and watch the games, thinking deeply about strategy instead of screaming stupid shit at the umpires.  It took them longer than World War 2 to learn their lesson, but i think it was well worth it in the end.  Freo is definitely a nicer place to wander around these days.  Respect to the Docker fans that are left. 

It's a shame theres still the ones that give Eagles fans shit when the Dockers win a Western Derby...my response "Atleast i know the joy of having my team win a grand final....do you?" that usually shuts them up quick smart.

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2009, 05:17:27 AM »
I think you'll find that the fans that gloat about winning the derby are just as numb-brained as the people giving that retort.

It's all that every topic seems to turn to on The West Australian AFL blog pages, and it getting really old..

Lets hope Pavlich and Sandilands are out for the year so we don't have to 'try' and tank. :D

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2009, 05:21:52 AM »
I think you'll find that the fans that gloat about winning the derby are just as numb-brained as the people giving that retort.

It's all that every topic seems to turn to on The West Australian AFL blog pages, and it getting really old..

Lets hope Pavlich and Sandilands are out for the year so we don't have to 'try' and tank. :D

even my boys (Demons) arent as good at tanking, and we ARE trying!
Mongeese like results

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2009, 06:01:24 AM »

KICK IT GIVE IT TO DES FUCKEN GET RID OF IT FUCKEN AHH DES FUCKING DES

BAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Offline old gregg

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »
They should put jokes in those cartoons

True that. Terrible.

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
afl=joke   they do!
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2009, 11:04:53 PM »

hahaha ahhh that pretty much sum's up the dockers coming out of half back

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2009, 07:21:11 PM »
I noticed on the back page of the West today that the new CEO of the Dockers is by the name of Steve Harris! :rofl:

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2009, 07:31:50 PM »

hahaha ahhh that pretty much sum's up the dockers coming out of half back

that sums up AFL