Author Topic: Transformers Yay or Nay?  (Read 7629 times)

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Transformers Yay or Nay?
« on: June 26, 2009, 02:46:21 AM »
I say yay just got back and i was very impressed (but i kind of expected it to be considering i saw the first 4 times at the movies :D) can't wait for a third

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers Yay or Nay?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 02:53:55 AM »
Was ok. Pretty similar to the first in its delivery so wasn't as good from that point. The last battle scene dragged and got boring. Kind of hated the Wall-E looking decepticons and the stupid accents too.

But was still enjoyable.

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 03:01:16 AM »
Was ok. Pretty similar to the first in its delivery so wasn't as good from that point. The last battle scene dragged and got boring. Kind of hated the Wall-E looking decepticons and the stupid accents too.

But was still enjoyable.

yeah too many wise-crackin robots but hopefully the third one will see Unicron come in to it then it will be epic, i loved that Soundwave has been bought into it though  :headbang:

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 03:25:20 AM »
I thought it was better than the first thats for sure. Some of the bits dragged on, and some the "jokes" seemed very outta place, but I will never get tired of seeing slow motion Megan Fox :headbang:

Was a pretty good movie, but personally I liked T4 over this (Then again, I am more of a Terminiator Fan boy than a Transformer fan).

Though, I hope the rumours are true and we see Grimlock in a movie soon...he was the ownage :D
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 06:33:43 AM »
Toe thumbs.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 06:28:41 AM »
Saw it this afternoon. I actualy thought it was better than the first one. Yes Megan Fox is a hottie.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »
I thought it was 'ok', but I didnt seem to care about it as much as the first.

Michael Bay kinda seemed more interested in filming the latest miltary hardware than putting together a better film.
Ill watch this one a few more times and probably buy the Bluray when it comes out, to add to my collection, but I think I still prefer part 1.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »
thought it was cool.  I saw Terminator Salvation and Transformers 2 on the same arvo so I am a bit "robotted out".

The one thing about the Transformers Movie I can't get my head around is how unbelievably hot the main actress is. 

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 08:41:16 PM »
thought it was cool.  I saw Terminator Salvation and Transformers 2 on the same arvo so I am a bit "robotted out".

The one thing about the Transformers Movie I can't get my head around is how unbelievably hot the main actress is. 

yeah the things we "ALL" would do to her also that decepti-slut is very hot too

Offline MD

• WF Private
  • ITS A TRAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 11:18:11 PM »

yeah the things we "ALL" would do to her also that decepti-slut is very hot too

the film was ok, i cant stand michael bay films and it really felt like the guy was just slamming as much of everything you could get into the film expect for plot as if it was his final masterpiece. And the decepti-slut annoyed the shit out of me come on bay if your gonna have a blatant rip off of a terminator dont base it on the tx out of the third.

as for the film itself yeah probably give it a 5/10. Felt that Shia even though I hate him as an actor put more effort into his role then he did in the first and indiana jones and the crystalabortionskull. Megan fox was good because all she did was run around in slow motion and look fine. The action scenes where pretty fucking good.

Mostly a BLOW the fuck out of everything film really. :)  :thumbdown: for terrible love story in the middle of robot battles.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 12:47:35 AM »
Ive gotta agree with the whole 'snog in the middle of a battlefiled' bullshit we constantly have to see in big budget action films these days.
Im sure if a 6000ton machine made up of smaller transformers and bad attitude was walking my way, I wouldnt be choosing that moment to slow down time, stare into my wifes eyes and tell her I loved her. No, Id be running my mf'n ass off.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 01:51:01 AM »
Ive gotta agree with the whole 'snog in the middle of a battlefiled' bullshit we constantly have to see in big budget action films these days.
Im sure if a 6000ton machine made up of smaller transformers and bad attitude was walking my way, I wouldnt be choosing that moment to slow down time, stare into my wifes eyes and tell her I loved her. No, Id be running my mf'n ass off.

whatever happened to good old fashioned chivalry? :P
Mongeese like results

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 03:00:59 AM »
Mostly a BLOW the fuck out of everything film really. :)  :thumbdown: for terrible love story in the middle of robot battles.
That's to be expected from a Michael Gay.. I mean, Bay film. Ruining potentially good movies with unnessary shit and changing things for the worse. I'm still annoyed enough from the first one to not be in that much of a rush to see this one.

Offline MD

• WF Private
  • ITS A TRAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 04:43:57 AM »
That's to be expected from a Michael Gay.. I mean, Bay film. Ruining potentially good movies with unnessary shit and changing things for the worse. I'm still annoyed enough from the first one to not be in that much of a rush to see this one.

oh yeah and the soundtrack is a fucking joke.. linkin park must have just re-wrote the one from the first one for bay for this film.

Offline Hoboclese

• WF Colonel
  • For your health
    • View Profile
    • emospace
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 05:06:19 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRS90V8BQGo
You want a saviour? Try checking in the ad break
You want redemption?
You want a meaning?
You want an answer? The answer is....

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 06:51:48 AM »
Yeah well I am not impressed with he handled the Constructicons. Which happen to be my favourite from the Transformers saga.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 07:05:45 AM »

C'mon, the film wasnt that bad was it? :)

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 07:19:19 AM »
Oh yeah. Megan fox is a hottie so is that other chick. If only I was a hugly successful millionare rock god. I'd be having a threesome with both those chicks by now. Trying my luck with the hotchick freeway as Vince Noir of would say.

Oh Isabel Lucas and Megan Fox doing a hot lesbian scene would have been good. 8)

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 04:19:25 PM »
I wouldn't let those fucking toe thumbs anywhere near me. Freak of nature.

Btw, how come the title of this thread doesn't have a third option of "Gay"?
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
  • Invite the Darkside In....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 07:10:53 PM »
You're all on crack.  It was fucking terrible.  All the Transformers sounded like ghetto rats plucked off a basketball court in Harlem.  The autobots barely even fought if you didn;t notice.  Humans did most of the work.  In fucking transformers, there is barely even ANY human interference.  Its about robots fucking destroying each other over energon and earth is their playground.  Shit gets destroyed.  The fight scenes were shot fast, blurred and shakey to cut down production costs and time since a lot let detail needs to go into a fast moving object.  Transformers barely transformed since thats hard to animate.  THe characters were bullshit devices for crap jokes- i.e. fuckhead latino guy (not Rod.) and sexy home and away chick (not complaining, liked that bit.)  but still decepticons aren;t human changeling capable.   Barack "Nicest Guy on Earth" Obama was suddenly some bad guy making shit choices on behalf of the world through some fucking stupid suit.  The tomb that lay hidden was remarkably easy to find.  Battles were too short.. NO FUCKING LASERS AT ALL!

If you like Transformers the cartoon at all... yeah well this fucking raped it.  If you've only heard that it was cool and you think you;d be cooler if you said you loved it as a kid, then yeah, i guess you'd like the movie, and perhaps if you were a brainless obese american NRA member you'd be keen as well.

Good Points -  Megan Fox and hot chicks everywhere, Fast cars, Odd good battle scene. , good cinematography - wide shots and landscapes were awesome.
Bad points -  script, plot, lame jokes, shit diaologue, crap characters, bad acting, voices were awful, mother and father scenes should be cut out of the movie.  American bullshit.

Michael Bay -  die screaming.
Conquest is made from the ashes of ones enemies...

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »
Haha I really liked the mother/father scenes actually.

Everyone rips on Michael Bay, but he has some good films under his belt too (I personally though 'The Island' was awesome).

Lets be fair though - There arent too many directors who are going to get huge acclaim for taking on 'sensitive' topics like transformers - and if you think guys like Peter Jackson got nothing but praise for his Lord of the Rings efforts, guess again.

Some people take films way too seriously, when really, the only ones who should are the ones funding it.

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 07:56:18 PM »

Some people take films way too seriously, when really, the only ones who should are the ones funding it.

though it could be argued that the people funding it are the ones paying to see it

not that I give care either way, haven't even seen the first one yet  :P
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 02:16:08 AM »
I hated it, but I didn't like the first one so I wasn't surprised. Needed more robots, less humans. The action sequences were also really frustrating, I can't stand close up shaky cam. I mean as much as I hated the Star Wars prequels, the battle scenes were good because they zoomed out and showed the whole thing clearly. Also did anyone else notice how they dubbed in a swine flu joke in post production to make it more relevant.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 04:01:37 PM »
Jeeez, relax out you lot.  It is a MOVIE, sheer escapism and entertainment value only.

Movies allow you to forget about your worthless little lives for a bit - and God knows, your lives NEED forgetting - so they are more often outlandish, preposterous and really quite Silly.  SO WHAT?  A movie about giant sentient robots and you expect a Shakespeare Sonet?  What do you expect from a story base so utterly demented?  the Transformers Movies were always going to be big budget nonsense and you all knew it before you saw them, and Bay probably did the best he could with the material at hand, fuck knows I couldn't do better.

Lower your expectations and disappointment is harder to achieve.  I do it with YOU lot. 

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 09:57:12 PM »
Jeeez, relax out you lot.  It is a MOVIE, sheer escapism and entertainment value only.

Movies allow you to forget about your worthless little lives for a bit - and God knows, your lives NEED forgetting - so they are more often outlandish, preposterous and really quite Silly.  SO WHAT?  A movie about giant sentient robots and you expect a Shakespeare Sonet?  What do you expect from a story base so utterly demented?  the Transformers Movies were always going to be big budget nonsense and you all knew it before you saw them, and Bay probably did the best he could with the material at hand, fuck knows I couldn't do better.

Lower your expectations and disappointment is harder to achieve.  I do it with YOU lot. 

You're missing the point. It's like if someone took your beloved Star Wars and remade it, but changed what everything looked like, added stupid storyline parts to it, unnecessary rubbish and gay romantic interludes.
Oh wait.. too late.  :err: