Author Topic: That fine line between Core and Metal  (Read 11552 times)

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
  • Invite the Darkside In....
    • View Profile
That fine line between Core and Metal
« on: July 08, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »
seems to be closing, and the core guys are such a disappointment to humanity.  Hopefully their gay earlobe wideners get infected soon and they all decompose then die, then decompose again some more.
Conquest is made from the ashes of ones enemies...

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: That fine line between Core and Metal
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »
I actually think its going slightly the other way and the core sound is slowly morphing into more of a metal sound.
Mongeese like results

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »
another slow news day?
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline Tasmaniak

• WF Major
  • Speaking with your fingers is strange.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:06:22 PM »
I know the fashion aspect is slightly frustrating, in terms of it's all out trendiness - and the fact it's virtually a mainstream culture now AND the fact most metalcore kids are into the fashion more than the music...
BUT I have heaps of "core" mates, and they're genuine dudes into some good music. And I like SOME bands.
And i gotta say, on the whole, metalcore folk are a lot more normal and friendly than a lot of "real" metal dudes.
Just sayin'...haha

Offline Oiseau

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 05:12:34 PM »
seems to be closing, and the core guys are such a disappointment to humanity.  Hopefully their gay earlobe wideners get infected soon and they all decompose then die, then decompose again some more.

Have you nothing better to think about? If you don't like it don't listen to it. Pay less attention to the 'genre' attached and more attention to what you hear. I happen to think morons like you are, 'a disappointment to humanity,' but there I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
I ate one anchovy. And that is why i did not eat two anchovies.

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »

Have you nothing better to think about? If you don't like it don't listen to it. Pay less attention to the 'genre' attached and more attention to what you hear. I happen to think morons like you are, 'a disappointment to humanity,' but there I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

haha, ok.  Well let me rephrase.  All the sounds coming from peoples myspaces when i type in metal and it directs me to metalcore is shit.

Powermetal fans are so passionate geez!

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 05:31:39 PM »
Lets this die! I only just discovered there is an entire arena for arguing sped topics on WF.  Genius Daz, Fricken GENIUS... :headbang:

Offline Funeral Tormentor

• WF Lieutenant
  • disharmonious misanthropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 06:00:31 PM »
carn Dutchy keep up  :P
www.myspace.com/lordhavoc666 - Dark Misanthropy - Raw Depressive Black Metal

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 06:46:59 PM »
I blame your inspiraational early moring viking emails for my unreasonable daytime drinking habits.  Well today at least anyway... ;)

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 06:47:47 PM »

haha, ok.  Well let me rephrase.  All the sounds coming from peoples myspaces when i type in metal and it directs me to metalcore is shit.

Powermetal is god.
What we do in our lives echoes in eternity

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 07:09:01 PM »
Death"core" & metal"core" is still metal...

This is hardcore...

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »
I just thought it was metal with piss weak vocals...

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
I know the fashion aspect is slightly frustrating, in terms of it's all out trendiness - and the fact it's virtually a mainstream culture now AND the fact most metalcore kids are into the fashion more than the music...
BUT I have heaps of "core" mates, and they're genuine dudes into some good music. And I like SOME bands.
And i gotta say, on the whole, metalcore folk are a lot more normal and friendly than a lot of "real" metal dudes.
Just sayin'...haha

I highly doubt that fashion takes priority over music in the hardcore scene. It's just a look they use to identify with the scene, much like many people here would sport the horrible old jeans with ill-fitting black band shirt look. With spiked wristbands. And long hair. And beards.

Actually, they probably think you all look stupid too, so it's probably best to not get caught up in such pettiness.

:)

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »
Peace and love, bitches.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 07:57:38 PM »
Just sayin'...haha

I highly doubt that fashion takes priority over music in the hardcore scene. It's just a look they use to identify with the scene, much like many people here would sport the horrible old jeans with ill-fitting black band shirt look. With spiked wristbands. And long hair. And beards.

Actually, they probably think you all look stupid too, so it's probably best to not get caught up in such pettiness.

I think its more to do with the effort they go to to dress themselves as opposed to the standard metalhead. Shower(optional), pants, shirt, shoes(optional), leave.
Whereas scene kids im guessing take around about an hour to get ready and dress themselves.
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 08:12:28 PM »
Wow

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 10:40:39 PM »

Powermetal is god.

Powermetal is inspiraational.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 11:58:56 PM »

Powermetal is god.

Powermetal is inspiraational.

thats what fags say about Mardi Gras
Mongeese like results

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 02:15:29 AM »
fine, i guess there's a million genres out there when it comes to metal, hell im gonna start a new one right now, im only gonna play certain modes when i write riffs and the vocalist will stand on his head whilst being on fire at shows and while recording.
call it what ya like, its a metal, you either like it or you dont i reckon.

as a musician i dont write blackmetal, hardcore, thrash, pirate or folk, it comes out how it comes out. (mostly shite)
to be totally honest with you, i dont even know what the fuckn difference is with some of these genres anyway.
seems to be about the trend and how you dress and portray yourself more than anything else.

Im not saying all metal is of the same genre, im saying alot of it is.
seems a really cool band comes out, and everyone wants to write shit like that, then you get your cult following, then bang you got yerself another genre coz everyone starts doing it.

i can think of heaps of shit where this has happened.

now i sit back and wait for the barage.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 02:20:15 AM »

My rule... if it ends in core, it ain't metal. Only genres derived from punk or dance music end in core.

Besides if you're releasing music under the moniker "deathcore", you shouldn't be allowed to live.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 02:24:04 AM »

My rule... if it ends in core, it ain't metal. Only genres derived from punk or dance music end in core.

Besides if you're releasing music under the moniker "deathcore", you shouldn't be allowed to live.

hahaha yep, it does sound stupid.

Offline Tasmaniak

• WF Major
  • Speaking with your fingers is strange.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 02:39:01 AM »
Just sayin'...haha

Um, what? No.
There are a lot of core kids/dudes/dudettes who dress and love the tunes. BUT the fashion nearly always comes hand in hand. BUT I know from personal experience there are heaps of kids who do the fringe thing, the tunnels, the tight jeans/tight shirts/key hanging off a thing on the back of your jeans/dunlop volleys type look who are just part of the scene, but really don't care about music that much.
And that's because it's a trend. The fringe, the big hoodies, flat brimmed caps etc of the modern metalcore kid have swept into everyday life. It's not a (pardon the pun) fringe lifestyle - it's rife, and trendy.
So of course, like with any trend, you get people who're part of it to be part of something.

And yeah, i wasn't taking the piss on their appearance, and one of the main reason is because I am (and have been for multiple years now) been aware of the fact many metalheads are almost as bad.
But it generally isn't the same really. Long hair + metal shirt is about it for most metal heads. Metalcore kids often dress the same, right down to the same shoes/socks and even underwear. It's crazy!
And I don't care by the way, i'm just commenting on the trend because it exists, and the topic has come up.

But yeah, i wasn't being petty - just commenting on an actual reality. And trying to stick up for "core" kids actually, you seemed to miss that possibly?
I don't care about what they wear, or think it looks stupid. Trends are just intriguing.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 02:49:38 AM »
Just sayin'...haha

Um, what? No.
There are a lot of core kids/dudes/dudettes who dress and love the tunes. BUT the fashion nearly always comes hand in hand. BUT I know from personal experience there are heaps of kids who do the fringe thing, the tunnels, the tight jeans/tight shirts/key hanging off a thing on the back of your jeans/dunlop volleys type look who are just part of the scene, but really don't care about music that much.
And that's because it's a trend. The fringe, the big hoodies, flat brimmed caps etc of the modern metalcore kid have swept into everyday life. It's not a (pardon the pun) fringe lifestyle - it's rife, and trendy.
So of course, like with any trend, you get people who're part of it to be part of something.

And yeah, i wasn't taking the piss on their appearance, and one of the main reason is because I am (and have been for multiple years now) been aware of the fact many metalheads are almost as bad.
But it generally isn't the same really. Long hair + metal shirt is about it for most metal heads. Metalcore kids often dress the same, right down to the same shoes/socks and even underwear. It's crazy!
And I don't care by the way, i'm just commenting on the trend because it exists, and the topic has come up.

But yeah, i wasn't being petty - just commenting on an actual reality. And trying to stick up for "core" kids actually, you seemed to miss that possibly?
I don't care about what they wear, or think it looks stupid. Trends are just intriguing.
youre right! metal means different things to so many.
i say enjoy it anyway you can while you can, before for some reason you cant.

Offline Funeral Tormentor

• WF Lieutenant
  • disharmonious misanthropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 03:15:54 AM »

hahaha yep, it does sound stupid.

i agree, they should die....

www.myspace.com/lordhavoc666 - Dark Misanthropy - Raw Depressive Black Metal

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 03:32:23 AM »
Peace and love, bitches.

Shutup, fag.

:eyebrows: