Author Topic: TV Shows.  (Read 15357 times)

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
Re: TV Shows.
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 03:45:17 PM »

I'm sure I told you about Arrested Development years ago.. one of the best comedy series, and as mentioned it has so many levels and you get even more out of it with repeated viewing. I have all the seasons of it so I can give you a copy.
Flight of the Conchords is classic, I have the two seasons of that for ya.
Yeah, I'll take them. 
Fairly sure you wouldn't handle Oz that well, for the (apparently) obligatory naked blokes and prison man rape etc. I gave it a bit of a chance and saw some potential but it didn't really strike me that much in what I saw to outweigh the previous factor.
Yeah, Naked blokes don't bother me that much because every fucking show seems to do it now, but I just can't handle seeing guy on guy action, it totally horrifies me. 

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 04:45:57 PM »
Home and Away.  ;)

Offline Necron

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Mhorgl
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 05:19:48 PM »
King Of The Hill
Chappelle's Show
Twin Peaks

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 06:10:47 PM »
Nearly forgot. Two and a Half Men. ;D

that show is really funny, yet really shit, interesting combination....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:12:58 PM by Melkor »
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 08:21:21 PM »
Yeah, Naked blokes don't bother me that much because every fucking show seems to do it now, but I just can't handle seeing guy on guy action, it totally horrifies me. 

yeah neither can I, but it is really isnt that bad, theres only a few makeout sessions, couple of off camera blowjobs, and a few rape scenes, nothing overly visual, no where near as bad as Queer as Folk

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 08:34:11 PM »

thats the exact same way I feel about it... same as shows like The King Of Queens. I wouldnt say I like it, but if its on I dont feel compelled to change the channel, and usually find myself laughing at least a few times throughout an episode.

for the record, dont know if its your thing Jez, but...

Jackass
Viva La Bam
Wild Boys
Dirty Sanchez
and best of all, The Dudesons

always good for a light hearted, albeit sometimes cringe worthy laugh. Im also hooked on the LA, Miami and to a lesser extent, London Ink programs lately too. Problem is Ive seen pretty much all of them at least 2 or 3 times each.

Of course, Mythbusters and Top Gear, Street Customs, American Chopper and the swag of other hot rodding type shows are always entertaining too, but most chicks dont really dig that shit as much as us boys.
Mongeese like results

Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »
Sons of Anarchy !! :headbang:

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 08:45:10 PM »
Miami Ink's problem is it focuses too much on the 'tragedy' behind each tattoo (every bloody tattoo on that show is being done because it's a tribute to a dead sibling/friend/whatever and their life story which noone cares about), while LA Ink's problem is that it focuses too much on when the girls got their periods or what shoes they're skipping work to go buy.

If the shows were more about the tattoos and the process of designing them and putting them on people then I think they would be a million times better.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »
Miami Ink's problem is it focuses too much on the 'tragedy' behind each tattoo (every bloody tattoo on that show is being done because it's a tribute to a dead sibling/friend/whatever and their life story which noone cares about), while LA Ink's problem is that it focuses too much on when the girls got their periods or what shoes they're skipping work to go buy.

If the shows were more about the tattoos and the process of designing them and putting them on people then I think they would be a million times better.

Yeah, I tend to agree, but generally block those tidbits out of my mind. London Ink focuses more on the tattoo, but I just cant stand that Louis cunt... and it does focus too much on him bitching about Dan and vice versa. Still, they produce some fucking stellar art work, on all shows.

Miami - Chris Garver is the best, hands down. Tim Hendricks (was a guest for a few episodes in season 4) kicks arse too, but he doesnt really count.
LA - Kat for black and grey portraits (but she's a one trick pony), Hannah for pretty much anything else.
London - Louis is an over rated fuck, but Phil Kyle's old-school style is just killer!
Mongeese like results

Offline Grace_Metalious

• WF Colonel
  • He's an alligator ...
    • View Profile
    • The Hellacopters Homepage
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 09:36:45 PM »
I think with Criminal Minds you need to see the right episode to get you started. There is a great episode guest starring Jamie Kennedy - playing a cannibal serial killer with hilarious results.

The Wire In The Blood is good, but the novels are so great I couldn't really get into it.

Arrested Development is one of the best shows ever made. I just got a Gobias Industries shirt.  :laugh:

I am actually really enjoying Big Bang Theory at the moment too.

I think the original Life On Mars was better, the only good US remake I've seen is The Office. Which is fucking hilarious.

Dwight Schrute FTW!

Warriors ... Come out to play!

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 09:40:06 PM »

Yeah, I tend to agree, but generally block those tidbits out of my mind. London Ink focuses more on the tattoo, but I just cant stand that Louis cunt... and it does focus too much on him bitching about Dan and vice versa. Still, they produce some fucking stellar art work, on all shows.

Miami - Chris Garver is the best, hands down. Tim Hendricks (was a guest for a few episodes in season 4) kicks arse too, but he doesnt really count.
LA - Kat for black and grey portraits (but she's a one trick pony), Hannah for pretty much anything else.
London - Louis is an over rated fuck, but Phil Kyle's old-school style is just killer!

Apparently the dudes on those shows aren't so highly rated in the tattoo world.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2009, 10:38:30 PM »

Apparently the dudes on those shows aren't so highly rated in the tattoo world.

Garver is, so is Tim.... the rest aren't, although Louis thinks he is because he did the piece of shit back job on David Beckham (see below). My local tattooist could rival Ami and Nunez... and thats in Geraldton!

seriously, thats pretty average...
Mongeese like results

Offline Mel

• WF Private
    • View Profile
    • Photobucket
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2009, 02:12:26 AM »
Shameless (Noone's mentioned it yet?!) and Harvey Birdman get my thums up.  :D

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 03:13:08 AM »
Harvey Birdman is funny as fuck.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 03:15:53 AM »

pretty sure Shameless was in Jez's original post.... awesome show, although I can rarely figure out what the fuck is going on. Skins is another good one actually.
Mongeese like results

Offline Hoboclese

• WF Colonel
  • For your health
    • View Profile
    • emospace
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 05:56:24 AM »
Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job!
You want a saviour? Try checking in the ad break
You want redemption?
You want a meaning?
You want an answer? The answer is....

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2009, 06:29:27 AM »

I mentioned it in the opening post.  Great show, fucked up. 

I actually like "Malcome in the Middle" too, that show has some classic moments. 

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2009, 06:31:09 AM »

I think it's meant to be a parody of Charlie Sheens life style of drinking and womanising. Now that he's come clean he's poking fun at himself. Altho it's pretty much based on the Odd couple. Altho the newer episodes are kinda shit. Most of those kind of shows tend to go to shit after a few seasons.

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2009, 05:45:37 PM »

I think it's meant to be a parody of Charlie Sheens life style of drinking and womanising. Now that he's come clean he's poking fun at himself. Altho it's pretty much based on the Odd couple. Altho the newer episodes are kinda shit. Most of those kind of shows tend to go to shit after a few seasons.

yeah, doesn't really matter if the jokes funny when you can see it coming
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline macgyver

• WF Major
  • RDAs Love Child
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »

I actually like "Malcome in the Middle" too, that show has some classic moments. 

malcolm rules.

Hal and Rhys make the show truely gold. And the old smoking grandma was always classic when she was on.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »
Downloaded the entire series of Harvey Birdman yesterday, 4.3gb of piss-your-pants funny shit.  39 episodes and I need more. 

I totally recommend it to anyone who likes the more demented shows like Ren and Stimpy.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »
How can you like Birdman and not Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Sealab 2021?!

Even The Brak Show is better than Harvey Birdman and it's completely nonsensical! :P
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 06:57:14 PM »
Yeah, I find that wierd that people can like one of those shows (when they are pretty much all the same style anyway) and not the other.

It's the same as if you like Family Guy, but hate American Dad...pretty much the same show, just with different characters :laugh:
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 07:15:08 PM »
I don't like Birdman much, has it's moments though. I don't like Space Ghost either, another one of those types of shows.

And I'll agree that American Dad and Family Guy are quite similar.. they both started going crap at the same time!

Family Guy season 7 is fucking terrible.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »

It's the same as if you like Family Guy, but hate American Dad...pretty much the same show, just with different characters :laugh:

I think Im one of the few people that actually prefers American Dad to Family Guy. Not by much.... its probably a 45/55 split.
Mongeese like results