Author Topic: "GRIND MY BITCH UP" Death/ Grind Feast - Fri 28th August - Hyde Park Front  (Read 22676 times)

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
I really like the negative emotions in this topic, but I'm still unsure of the full story. 

Fuck it, Daz will know.  He seems to know everything that goes on.

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Can someone explain to me how calling someone in the local scene a "faggot" is a tongue "in" cheek joke?

EDIT: Eloise informed me the term is tongue "in" cheek..

I got there when DFC were starting so my post is only related to the bands playing after that I don't know what happened before hand.

Offline Lou Gehrig

• WF Corporal
  • 1903 - 1941
    • View Profile
We played the show because we wanted to play to a metal crowd..

We expressed our opinion before the set.

Agony has pulled out of the show on Friday night to avoid conflict.

Enough Said..

Whilst haunting 3rd base, I heard a rumour Petrol-Powered Goon Bag Holocaust were the replacement? Confirm/Deny?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:05:29 PM by Lou Gehrig »
G is for Gehrig,
The Pride of the Stadium;
His record pure gold,
His courage, pure radium.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
I really like the negative emotions in this topic, but I'm still unsure of the full story. 

Fuck it, Daz will know.  He seems to know everything that goes on.
Unfortunately, I missed Death by Deepthroat, and the start of Agony's set, and any of this so called controversy. Pity, because I would have had a good laugh at anyone that took something serious that was said by a grind band.

Fortunately, I did get to witness the mental chick having a go at Jords and some of the craziness in the pit for Blowtorch Abortion, both of which provided many chuckles.
 ;D

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
OI AND BY THE WAY!
Who fucking snapped one of the wheels off the back of my cab???
Hopefully it was just an accident and if thats the case it doesn't bother me so much accidents happen. :D
If that was someone trying to be a fucking hero that was discontent with our set Why didn't you take it out on me not my poor cab? its done nothing wrong to you!  :(
IF it was deliberate whoever did it your a pussy and should man up and tell me!
Neither myself or anyone in Agony would have fucked with your gear..

Offline DieByTheStrings

• WF Private
    • View Profile

Why would a feminist and her man attend/play a gig called 'Grind my Bitch Up' anyway?

If I was a morally charged individual - especially a feminist - I'd probably be wary of bands like 'Cuntscrape', 'Death by Deepthroat', 'Death Fucking Cunt' and 'Blowtorch Abortion'.

If you'd like to uphold your band's or your girlfriend's beliefs (or your sense of humor doesn't extend into those waters), do a little research into the other bands that you'll be playing with.

Men can be feminists. So the "and her boyfriend" reference is pointless.

As for sense of humor, why dont you get one?
So it is funny when:
Someone is sexist and homophobic
Not funny when:
Someone calls them out on it.

Ok got you, thanks for explaining humor. I must of missed that Memo.

You guys can get on stage and say what the fuck you want.
I can get on stage and say what the fuck I want.
Welcome to Australia.
Troy @Agony.

My point was that playing the show makes you complicit.

I wasn't 'giving you a lesson' in humor, I used 'extend' to refer to the transgression beyond 'acceptable' humor. I have a sense of humor, it involves cats and sticky tape and its name is Wednesday 13.

Yes you can say whatever you want to on stage, but the vast majority of what was said on the night was done with tongue firmly in cheek.

Yeah speedy now plays Percussion with Entrails but towels make him drunk
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:18:25 PM by DieByTheStrings »

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
Re: "GRIND MY BITCH UP" Death/ Grind Feast - Fri 28th August - Hyde Park Front
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2009, 12:07:43 AM »
:)

I love this place.
Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2009, 12:22:57 AM »
I consider myself a feminist

I think Cuntscrape are funny
I thought Blowtorch Abortion were awesome
I thought Death by Deepthroat were boring

But again, it's only a joke until someone takes it too far and decides to go gay-bashing or something retarded, because they repeat the same lame jokes with their mates enough times that the notion sticks.
It DOES happen. People ARE that stupid. Especially drunk bogans.

I feel like if something is offensive, but genuinely fucking funny, then it should stand... but if it's not funny/witty/clever, then it's just crap, and has no purpose. Y'know? No? Ok.
fight like a girl club

Offline IFRC

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2009, 12:29:59 AM »
Maybe we should stop getting so angry...
Just for the record this post from myself was sarcastic..

"Agony" as a band (and as individuals) thought a lot of the shit that was said on Friday night was way out of line..

:'( Lighten up!

Why would a feminist and her man attend/play a gig called 'Grind my Bitch Up' anyway?

If I was a morally charged individual - especially a feminist - I'd probably be wary of bands like 'Cuntscrape', 'Death by Deepthroat', 'Death Fucking Cunt' and 'Blowtorch Abortion'.

If you'd like to uphold your band's or your girlfriend's beliefs (or your sense of humor doesn't extend into those waters), do a little research into the other bands that you'll be playing with.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You guys can get on stage and say what the fuck you want.
I can get on stage and say what the fuck I want.
Welcome to Australia.
Troy @Agony.

Probably the most intelligent thing i have heard you say, i fully agree with this. Write a song called 'Death By Deepthroat are shit' and i'll still laugh cos it's funny!

We played the show because we wanted to play to a metal crowd..

Why? if all the bands playing made comments that offended/annoyed you?  stick to playing with the bands you have been playing with previously if you can't take a joke,

Enough Said..

:rofl: how grind!

I don't understand how people are getting offended, is not the whole point of these bands that what they are saying is so ridiculous? It's sarcastic. It's only funny because the people saying these things probably think that people who truly believe in these things are evil and moronic. Does anyone getting upset here like Cannibal Corpse... or pretty much any death metal band? If you're offended by this how can you not be offended by songs like Fucked With a Knife? It's the exact same principle, obviously those bands don't actually condone serial murder and hence why it's so funny. If any of the bands at this gig were being serious then that is fucked in the head but I highly doubt it.

+1 Bravo! :clap: how can people see this in any other light? it's funny cos it's tounge in cheek. All the bands playing were having a laugh apart from Agony by the sounds of it, 'Grind'=serious business? I dont think so!

Talk about fucking overkill. What next...... Lord Jim and you are in the same band so CTT will have to pull out to avoid conflict as well? At their own CD launch? WTF? :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Well said! :laugh: Sad thing is It's getting that way :no:

P.S Speedy is a mad cunt and is going to get owned with sticky tape on wednesday night at MC

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2009, 12:52:33 AM »
FUCKING STOP QUOTING AND KILL SOMEONE

Offline Deranged_Taz

• WF Major
  • Entrails Eradicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2009, 01:31:16 AM »
3 WORDS!

CHORONZONIC FORCE DOMINATION 

:headbang: DFC

Taz
DISGORGE,SEVERE TORTURE,DECREPIT BIRTH,NILE,DERANGED,DEEDS OF FLESH,CEREBRAL INCUBATION,VISCERAL BLEEDING,SUFFOCATION,PUTRID PILE,NECROPHAGIST,CEPHALOTRIPSY,KRONOS,HOUR OF PENANCE, DYING FETUS, DEVOURMENT, INCANTATION, IMMOLATION, KRISIUN,GUTTURAL SECRETE, ENTRAILS ERADICATED,INTERNAL SUFFERING,D666

Offline Anacrucify

• WF Colonel
  • Heathens!!!
    • View Profile
    • Lacrymae @ MySpace
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2009, 01:37:27 AM »
Sing whatever you wanna sing about, just don't target individuals. That is fucked up.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2009, 01:49:26 AM »
I still haven't quite got a grip on the incident in question, but it seems to be about people being offended about shit said at a grind gig.  I can understand people being offended, grind is obsessed with particularly nasty imagery and lyrics.  Most grind shit I can take with a grain of salt, but sometimes it crosses the line. The trouble is that the line is different for each person.  Maybe the issue is that someones' line didn't quite match someone else's.  

As an example, I am utterly humourless when it comes to sexual references to children, and I get rather aggressive about it.  Knowing that Grind is full of that sort of depraved shit, I went to the gig, paid my entry and then spent most of the night getting my butt kicked at pool.  Better that than feeling revulsion and anger, right?

Grind IS offensive, and the people who are into it are generally more immune being offended than those of us who are not.  So unless you like being offended, you have to harden up, find a way to live with it, or have nothing to do with it.  

One way or another, you aimed for a controversial gig and you got it.

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2009, 01:53:58 AM »
Write a song called 'Death By Deepthroat are shit'

I'd like to think we have more intelligence than that..

'Grind'=serious business? I dont think so!
Death Metal = Serious Business? No..

Grindcore = Serious business? Traditionally yes.. Napalm Death, Nasum, Disrupt??

DBDT is not grindcore..

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2009, 02:35:58 AM »
Alright, I'm in. I would've left this right alone but fuck, you people can carry on.

I'll start by saying that I don't give a fuck about grind, so didn't actually 'go' to this gig. I got wind of someone targeting my close friend and bandmate at the Hydey, so I did what a good mate should do and drove down to have some angry words.

As it turned out, Jim, Richard and the big bloke I forget the name and myself had a quiet chat in the carpark. Things were explained, it's sorted now; it doesn't involve anyone else. Anyone who keeps banging on about this particular incident is a scene whore trying to create a scandal out of fuck all, so fuck you.

Secondly, grind is all about being offensive, and pissing cunts off. I get it now, no problem.

However, just bear in mind that when you get off that stage, you aren't LORD CLIT-CUTTER or whatever, you're a regular Joe fucking Bloggs. Don't piss cunts off outside the context of your grind band, because you'll have no excuses to fall back on when they arc up. "It's just a joke" holds no weight in that circumstance.

Thirdly, going after an individual target, one who is you don't even fucking know, is fucked. I appreciate a good abo / irish / faggot / jew / woman joke, because these are jokes that make fun of stereotypes; these can be clever. I wouldn't get on stage and pay a particular someone out for being a kike, or a nigger, or a faggot, because although that you might find that funny, I guarantee you the feeling isn't mutual with the other party.

In such cases you should consider it a personal insult, so don't fucking cry when it gets taken personally.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:43:08 AM by Inge »

Offline IFRC

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2009, 02:42:35 AM »

DBDT is not grindcore..

Agreed. Slam/Death if you want to put a genre tag on it.

Offline DXBXZ

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2009, 02:59:32 AM »
There is nothing 'tongue in cheek' about lord jim's racist tendencies. Agony hasn't pulled out of the Claim the throne cd launch to avoid conflict. We have pulled out because i don't want to support hate mongering coconut heads

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2009, 03:03:44 AM »
Alright, I'm in. I would've left this right alone but fuck, you people can carry on.

I'll start by saying that I don't give a fuck about grind, so didn't actually 'go' to this gig. I got wind of someone targeting my close friend and bandmate at the Hydey, so I did what a good mate should do and drove down to have some angry words.

As it turned out, Jim, Richard and the big bloke I forget the name and myself had a quiet chat in the carpark. Things were explained, it's sorted now; it doesn't involve anyone else. Anyone who keeps banging on about this particular incident is a scene whore trying to create a scandal out of fuck all, so fuck you.

Secondly, grind is all about being offensive, and pissing cunts off. I get it now, no problem.

However, just bear in mind that when you get off that stage, you aren't LORD CLIT-CUTTER or whatever, you're a regular Joe fucking Bloggs. Don't piss cunts off outside the context of your grind band, because you'll have no excuses to fall back on when they arc up. "It's just a joke" holds no weight in that circumstance.

Thirdly, going after an individual target, one who is you don't even fucking know, is fucked. I appreciate a good abo / irish / faggot / jew / woman joke, because these are jokes that make fun of stereotypes; these can be clever. I wouldn't get on stage and pay a particular someone out for being a kike, or a nigger, or a faggot, because although that you might find that funny, I guarantee you the feeling isn't mutual with the other party.

In such cases you should consider it a personal insult, so don't fucking cry when it gets taken personally.
Well said. Don't think anything else needs to be said in reference to this particular thing.

Edit: as amusing as it all has been. ;)

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2009, 03:39:53 AM »
What a spew that I missed this.

Gone are the days of hilariously offensive and abusive banter between bands/members/crowds.  It was never exclusive to grind gigs either, and even the most easily offended managed to laugh it off as a joke, probably because back in those days, a personal attack was far more personal and hurtful than what I imagine was said at this gig. 

The fact that it was sorted out quietly (after you rushed to the gig coz some guy gave your mate shit) apparently holds plenty of weight to the fact that it obviously was just a joke.  Now this has been dramatised by the PC fags, not the instigators.

And Inge, it's good to know that I can safely pay your people out for being an abo/irish/faggot/jew/woman, as long as I don't mention YOUR name in particular  :P

You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2009, 03:43:59 AM »
And Inge, it's good to know that I can safely pay your people out for being an abo/irish/faggot/jew/woman, as long as I don't mention YOUR name in particular  :P

I see no problem with this, say whatever you want about the scots being a pack of argumentative tightwad cunts :)

edit: Or every German being a jew eating war criminal

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2009, 03:49:18 AM »

Haha, awesome.

I was trying not to comment since I didn't want to bring to light the fact I didn't go...

Someone tell me the story so I can pick a side already.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline metal_munchkin

• WF Major
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Facialbook
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2009, 04:03:29 AM »
Well aren't you a fucking hero? 

Three cheers for Metal Munchkin for being so hard that she can sneak into a gig for free, and still have enough hardness left to bitch about it.   

Hip, Hip....

sneak in? pft, why would i bother? i just stayed in the front part and listened to good music.
"Mr Murphy, would you come over by the board?"

"No, that's alright. I'll take the zero."

Offline metal_munchkin

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • Facialbook
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »
worst gig ever.
im glad i didnt pay to get in.

what were you expecting? Voyager?

yes.

Offline metal_munchkin

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • Facialbook
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2009, 04:04:13 AM »
You're a fuck'n disgrace fem

i love you too Terry :)

Offline metal_munchkin

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • Facialbook
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2009, 04:10:02 AM »
Sing whatever you wanna sing about, just don't target individuals. That is fucked up.

well said.