Author Topic: Arcade games!  (Read 6332 times)

Offline Baby Buster

• WF Private
  • One Less Mouth to feed, One Less Complaint!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade games!
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 11:58:02 PM »
yeah its comfy as, thats why i designed each station on an angle so you wouldnt be crammed hittin elbows with the person next to you, also i have 4 bar stools so you can sit or stand..

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 04:06:08 AM »
I had the most epic game of NBA Jam last night. Usually the final score is around the 55 mark... 60 if you're lucky. This game ended at the end of regulation time with scores tied at 70-70. OVERTIME! By the end of the first OT it was 85-85. DOUBLE OVERTIME! 99-102 was the final score. I lost, but it was the highest scoring game I have ever seen and I've been playing this game since 94.
Mongeese like results

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 03:17:51 PM »
The easiest way to have that happen is someone gets out in the lead by 10 points or thereabouts, and the other person just shoots half court 3s until they're level or ahead again, 'cause the computer always tries to make the game close. That was the frustrating but hilarious thing about NBA Jam.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 04:21:37 PM »
yeah I know. I Was leading by 15 at one stage mid way through the game, but I knew it was only a matter of time before the computer got on fire and leveled the scores again. Yeah its frustrating, but thats the game, so you deal with it. Basically, so long as you can hold your own, the entire game comes down to the last minute. Win that minute, you win the game.
Mongeese like results

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 06:16:33 PM »
I recently got hold of a nice big arsed tower complete with motherboard, processor and power supply, so gutted my other 2  and a half computers and put it all into this tower... that included the video card from my MAME. Turns out the onboard card isnt sufficient to run TMNT with proper colour. Gunna have to buy a new one. I thought an onboard card would be fine...
Mongeese like results

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 12:44:43 AM »
Onboard video? Rare that it would be any good, especially if it is a bit older.
Intensive graphics processing can use a lot of cycles and power, and heat up like a bitch, hence why most decent cards have huge heat sinks and fans. Obviously onboard ones don't so they can't be that powerful.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 02:43:55 AM »
 Can any of you get through the 6th level of the original R-Type?  Got me beat, Can't seem to find the way to get through.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 03:50:52 AM »
Onboard video? Rare that it would be any good, especially if it is a bit older.
Intensive graphics processing can use a lot of cycles and power, and heat up like a bitch, hence why most decent cards have huge heat sinks and fans. Obviously onboard ones don't so they can't be that powerful.

yeah, I didnt realize how much video memory MAME sucked. Obviously more than the standard onboard can handle (its not an old computer though - Pentium 3, 3.0ghz intel processor etc). Its OK, video cards are cheap as fuck on ebay these days. Got my eye on a couple.

Can any of you get through the 6th level of the original R-Type?  Got me beat, Can't seem to find the way to get through.

R-Type is one of the hardest games in history! Good luck is all I can offer!
Mongeese like results

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »
Haven't played R-Type since I was about 9 years old, but I have it on 360, I'll get back to you Jez. :D
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 03:07:42 AM »
Please do.
  I was screaming abuse at my arcade game at 11pm on Thursday Night, woke the kids up.  All because of that FUUUUUCCCKKKKIIIINNNGGG R-Type.  I hear people say that modern games are much harder than the old arcade games, but I refuse to believe it.  It seems that these days gaming is all about incredible graphics and sound, but the old arcade games were about addiction so they could suck your money out of you like a black hole. 

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 06:56:13 AM »
Daz said his cab cost $100. That should come with a monitor I guess. The computer...as cheap as you can. Garage sales or the likes will likely get you something that will work for another $100. The joysticks, buttons and keywiz pack cost roughly $130 online. With none of the bits and pieces at all, I reckon you could still do it for under $500.

as you can see mine still needs some more paint and maybe a coat or two of clear. A few finishing touches, but it works, and thats the main thing. 

Mago - I noticed you have the same blinds as I do. Sure did hurt paying for those things!!!!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
haha... yeah, they were in the house when I bought it, but have had to replace a couple of slats thanks to destructive kids. On one blind - its 2.1m long.... had to get one slat replaced. $150 - OUCH! Now I have several with broken slats, but they will stay that way until the kids are old enough not to destroy everything in site.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:06:10 PM by Mago_Haydz »
Mongeese like results

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 04:04:18 PM »
It cost me a whoppin' $8500 to put those blinds in my house!