Author Topic: Rick Astley and Nirvana  (Read 7467 times)

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Rick Astley and Nirvana
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »

On Nirvana; although it's probably my least favourite album, if you watch the Classic Albums DVD of Nevermind you can get an appreciation for just how complex their music really is. Dave's harmony vocals on that record are pretty stunning, too.

Yeah, I have watched that a couple of times. It gives you a whole new level of appreciation for how ground breaking that album really was. I like the bit where the producer was talking about the doubled vocals and mentioned how Kurt had a hard time accepting it until he was told that John Lennon used to do it. Then of course they double Dave's vocals over that as well, so it was a double harmony of 2 voices that are so different, but mesh so well.
Mongeese like results

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
  • Peace and fucking... Believe!
    • View Profile
Re: Rick Astley and Nirvana
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2009, 03:59:28 PM »
^ Ditto, I must have watched about 6 times now. It's funny how Kurt didn't like multi-tracking, so Butch would lie to him and tell him the tape wasn't recording when he'd just done a take and that he'd have to replay his part. Amazing how he could sing his parts and play the exact same guitar line again and again without even knowing that it had to match the previous one!!
Fraternally bound to haunt swollen distended bodies
Their chemical reactions clash amidst rank autopsies...
NH2(CH2)4NH2...Putrescine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!