Author Topic: Drum Teacher Wanted  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Drum Teacher Wanted
« on: August 05, 2009, 02:10:02 AM »
Hey guys, due to current conflicts between my teachers schedule and mine, I'm searching for a new drum teacher preferably in the eastern suburbs, but I also spend a lot of time at Curtin, so around the Bentley/Cannington area is cool. Tuesday and Friday arvo's are usually best. I'm looking to focus more on independence and rhythm rather than double bass and blasting, so if anyone knows of any good teachers or themselves are willing, feel free to send us an email or PM.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Drum Teacher Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:18:06 PM »
Harl, I live in East Cannington but am not teaching much anymore. The closest guy to you that I would recommend is actually in South Perth. I dont have his number anymore, but his name is Ian Catchpole, and he's been teaching for as long as Ive been alive!

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:43:08 AM »
Sorry to hear you're not teaching anymore Damo, it would be awesome to have you as a teacher. Thanks for the reference, I think I've found one, but if it doesn't work out, I'll look into him.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 02:38:23 AM »
Thanks for the compliment.

If you wanted to email me, letting me know specifically what youre looking to learn, I may have some supplementary material here I could send you to get you headed in the right direction.

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 03:42:40 AM »
Sorry to hear you're not teaching anymore Damo, it would be awesome to have you as a teacher. Thanks for the reference, I think I've found one, but if it doesn't work out, I'll look into him.
Indeed, he was the first person I rang when my son wanted lessons. I found a place in Canning Vale a bloke by the name of Paul at the Forte Music Academy. Paul has been playing for over 20 years and i've never met anyone with such a passion for drums...