Author Topic: Sasquatch at Desert Rock festival Milling to Nervecell?!  (Read 6530 times)

Offline Nosferatu

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Voyager
Sasquatch at Desert Rock festival Milling to Nervecell?!
« on: August 12, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »
Check this out...

I was watching this vid of Nervecell at Desert Rock festival (Awesome work by the way Louis! You definitely belong on the BIG stage) and at 3:52 the camera closes in on an orange mop of hair... At 3:44/45 the camera zooms in on the suspect. Then at 4:12/13 the man in question is shown again in the right hand corner. First Ben Lee clips, now this. We can only assume that he is slowly working his way back into metal circles across the globe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBh9YYQDew0

Is this the ever elusive SASQUATCH?

You decide.

By the way, I don't think it is him but it's funny none-the-less :D

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
Re: Sasquatch at Desert Rock festival Milling to Nervecell?!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:50:03 AM »
Haha... it does.

Shoot the cunt.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 03:44:26 AM »
Who the hell is sasquatch!?
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 03:50:20 AM »
Your 2 years too late chubba

Find a thread here or do a search for sasquatch on the forum

Pretty much ripped off heaps of bands at a gig with akercocke and berzerker here years ago.

Hes a knob afaik
What we do in our lives echoes in eternity

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 03:52:21 AM »
search returns this thread only. dayum, someone wana fill me in?
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

Offline PremierMaelstrom

• WF Colonel
  • PROGRESS
    • View Profile
    • NeXuS - just fucking metal
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 04:48:51 AM »
haha, thats just a fat guy   :)
It all catches up on you when you slow down ...

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 05:56:05 AM »
search returns this thread only. dayum, someone wana fill me in?

There was a whole thread about it coupla years ago.  Ask DamoESP, AFAIK he has a backup copy of said thread hosted on an external server.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 06:21:23 AM »
The "Sasquatch" is one Josh Taylor.  He was local small-time promoter with big-time dreams.  He started off alright, booking gigs all over and putting in some work, but as soon as he saw the dollars his focus changed from supporting the metal scene and making a few bucks on the side to looking after himself at the expense of the scene.  It started off small, empty promises and dodgy one-sided contracts, avoiding paying the bands, that sort of stuff.  The sort of shit that could fly under the radar for awhile.  Nobody really knew the extent of his wrongs because nobody talked about it publically, but the rumours were circulating, whispers getting louder.

People kept quiet for various reasons.  Alchemont didn't want to make a scene because he owed them thousands.  Grotesque kept quiet because they potentially risked losing prime gigs.  Other bands kept quiet because they believed that he would come through in the end.  His partner couldn't act because Josh had worked it so he had control over the finances of their promotions business, and a lot was at stake.  For whatever the reasons, Josh was able to kept on digging his hole deeper and deeper until there was no way to fill it in again.  

I got the ball rolling when I arranged for members of a bunch of local bands to meet up at my place to discuss this problem and to discuss what to do about itlem, and then I blasted his ass on Western Front for his shitty promotional work. The boil was ready to burst and out came an endless flood of attacks from almost every Metal band in town, plus plenty of others who had a grievance.  Fuck, but there were some horror stories.  Almost all of them came back to the same thing: money and empty promises.  Josh was the master of the sidestep, a silver-tongued weasle and a born conman.  The gigs he put on brought in money that never made to the bands, his creditors and even his partner.  He abused the kindness of Geoff and BigMac who had taken him in, stealing from them and not paying his share of bills and rent.  He put on our CD launch and pocketted over a thousand bucks from the door.  The tension he caused in The Alchemont caused the band to fold.  He lied himself into corners and lied himself out again, created a whirlwind of raw hatred against him, and finally fled the state to avoid the shitstorm that was brewing.  Just as well, some of us had started paying him visits at night and it was starting to get ugly, he got hit a few times at a gig he was silly enough to pop into.

Despite his delusions of grandure, Josh is a twit.  He tried to get Daz - unsuccessfully, of course -  to close down the topics exposing him by threats of legal action.  He tried to start up a new band conning scheme in Queensland but Geeks from Brizmetal was warned that Josh was sneaking into his town and shut him down.  He tricked a band called Wounds of Decay (i Think) into signing with him and got outed as a conman all over again.  He was spotted dancing like a hippie in a videoclip by some faggot, Ben Lee maybe?  He pissed off Dyson and Brad who went on a national campaign to bury any last shreds of credibility he may have left.  He was too stupid to cut his losses, but kept on coming on WF for months afterwards with posts splattered with contradictions, omissions, obscene justifications, cries of martyrdom and just out and out bullshit.  Ah, I could fill pages with his crap, and as I recall the original topic was close to thirty pages long, tragically it was erased - along with a year of posts - by an computer fuckup.

Josh DID accomplish one thing though, the bands tend to work together a lot more tightly these days to prevent a recurrence of this sort of rorting.  And the Sasquatch as a nickname.... Well, I guess you had to be there.   ;D

Oh yeah, we have a song on the new CD dedicated to the Sasquatch, "Seven Levels of Hate", so he may be gone but he will never be forgotten.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 06:28:21 AM by Catalyst »

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 06:30:52 AM »
Just read the old Last Minute Madness thread courtesy of DamoESP and now with your testimony i can safely assume this guy is a tool and should be shot.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 06:33:59 AM »
Pretty much.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 06:37:34 AM »
Awesome, did anyone end up shooting him?

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 06:38:36 AM »
.... and here we go again  ::)

*awaits another endless Squatch bashing thread*  :laugh:

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 06:48:16 AM »
Hahaha yeah like that would upset you.
 ;D

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 06:48:36 AM »
I don't think thats him. But if it was him one could hope that he fucks up in Dubai and gets arrested.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »
The "Sasquatch" is one Josh Taylor.  He was local small-time promoter with big-time dreams.  He started off alright, booking gigs all over and putting in some work, but as soon as he saw the dollars his focus changed from supporting the metal scene and making a few bucks on the side to looking after himself at the expense of the scene.  It started off small, empty promises and dodgy one-sided contracts, avoiding paying the bands, that sort of stuff.  The sort of shit that could fly under the radar for awhile.  Nobody really knew the extent of his wrongs because nobody talked about it publically, but the rumours were circulating, whispers getting louder.

People kept quiet for various reasons.  Alchemont didn't want to make a scene because he owed them thousands.  Grotesque kept quiet because they potentially risked losing prime gigs.  Other bands kept quiet because they believed that he would come through in the end.  His partner couldn't act because Josh had worked it so he had control over the finances of their promotions business, and a lot was at stake.  For whatever the reasons, Josh was able to kept on digging his hole deeper and deeper until there was no way to fill it in again.  

I got the ball rolling when I arranged for members of a bunch of local bands to meet up at my place to discuss this problem and to discuss what to do about itlem, and then I blasted his ass on Western Front for his shitty promotional work. The boil was ready to burst and out came an endless flood of attacks from almost every Metal band in town, plus plenty of others who had a grievance.  Fuck, but there were some horror stories.  Almost all of them came back to the same thing: money and empty promises.  Josh was the master of the sidestep, a silver-tongued weasle and a born conman.  The gigs he put on brought in money that never made to the bands, his creditors and even his partner.  He abused the kindness of Geoff and BigMac who had taken him in, stealing from them and not paying his share of bills and rent.  He put on our CD launch and pocketted over a thousand bucks from the door.  The tension he caused in The Alchemont caused the band to fold.  He lied himself into corners and lied himself out again, created a whirlwind of raw hatred against him, and finally fled the state to avoid the shitstorm that was brewing.  Just as well, some of us had started paying him visits at night and it was starting to get ugly, he got hit a few times at a gig he was silly enough to pop into.

Despite his delusions of grandure, Josh is a twit.  He tried to get Daz - unsuccessfully, of course -  to close down the topics exposing him by threats of legal action.  He tried to start up a new band conning scheme in Queensland but Geeks from Brizmetal was warned that Josh was sneaking into his town and shut him down.  He tricked a band called Wounds of Decay (i Think) into signing with him and got outed as a conman all over again.  He was spotted dancing like a hippie in a videoclip by some faggot, Ben Lee maybe?  He pissed off Dyson and Brad who went on a national campaign to bury any last shreds of credibility he may have left.  He was too stupid to cut his losses, but kept on coming on WF for months afterwards with posts splattered with contradictions, omissions, obscene justifications, cries of martyrdom and just out and out bullshit.  Ah, I could fill pages with his crap, and as I recall the original topic was close to thirty pages long, tragically it was erased - along with a year of posts - by an computer fuckup.

Josh DID accomplish one thing though, the bands tend to work together a lot more tightly these days to prevent a recurrence of this sort of rorting.  And the Sasquatch as a nickname.... Well, I guess you had to be there.   ;D

Oh yeah, we have a song on the new CD dedicated to the Sasquatch, "Seven Levels of Hate", so he may be gone but he will never be forgotten.

Damo has the whole thread archived

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 05:00:07 PM »
Awesome, did anyone end up shooting him?

Nope but they did set him on fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAMgaNch3Bw

:rofl:

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 05:23:03 PM »
the fucking guns in that guy!
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 08:18:57 PM »

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 07:15:21 AM »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:16:11 AM by Nosaj »

Offline hatefueled

• WF Major
  • Hatefueled.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • hatefuled's art
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 06:37:07 PM »
that's be funny if it didn't make me wanna trow up on it!  :sick:

-Wednesday.

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 09:22:43 PM »
to late for me
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:40 PM »
now i understand when he made a last post on this forum, why he was blasted with abuse

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 07:14:19 AM »
that's be funny if it didn't make me wanna trow up on it!  :sick:
They say you should never judge a book by it's cover. It's on the inside that counts. However in Squatch's case what you see is what you get. Pretty ironic when you think about it. 8)

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 07:58:13 AM »
can someone post a pic of this dude?

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 07:58:57 AM »
apparently that afro wranga with bitch tits is him