Author Topic: The Chasm to release new album on September 15th  (Read 1976 times)

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
The Chasm to release new album on September 15th
« on: August 27, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »

After a long process of composition, rehearsal and production, the 9th Chapter in the never ending internal journey has been completed. "Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm" will be unveiled in mid September 2009. 8 tracks at a running time of 60 min. conform this new approach in our personal vision of how Spiritual & Arcane musical landscapes inspired by the other side and the end of this earthly life should sound, this time more heavily oriented to paint a deeper picture with less words, the album strongly represents what The Chasm presonality has been and is all about: Iron-willed Death Metal. Sound samples available now. If there are no unexpected events, the release date will be September 15th, details about the new merchandise to commemorate the new album will be announced shortly.

Archaic Lore is Power, and isolation is the key...

::Tracklist::

I-Entering a Superior Dimension
II-Callous Spectre/Vehement Opposition
III-Fiery Rebirth
IV-Farseeing...
V-Structure of the Seance
VI-Vault to the Voyage
VII-The Promised Ravage
VIII- The Mission/Arrival to Hopeless Shores
(Calling The Paranormal Abysm)

An Honorable mention goes to Mr. Geoff Montgomery/The Ensomberoom for his help, brotherhood and support in the creation of this abysmal project.

Audio samples available @ the official website.

Fuck yes! I've been waiting for this ever since they announced a new album after The Spell of Retribution.
The Chasm has to be one of my favourite bands ever and a HUGE influence on my songwriting in Khariot. This'll definitely be one of the contenders of Album of the Year. They're also playing in Maryland Deathfest in May 2010 which has to be one of the most awesome metalfests ever with some of the more obscure bands in the global scene. Portal(AUS) are playing there next year as well, and they haven't even been to Perth. Fuckers.

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Re: The Chasm to release new album on September 15th
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 02:25:17 PM »
Preordered the album along with a T-shirt, they're going to start shipping on the 13th September.  :headbang: Can't wait to receive this package in the mail.

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 04:52:17 PM »
Just received this in the mail. Along with the 2 T-shirts I ordered, Daniel Corchado(the frontman) threw in a few stickers and a pin badge that I didn't actually order along with a poster that's only for the first 300 people who preordered. \m/

Offline wrathchild

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 07:02:04 AM »
Just received this in the mail. Along with the 2 T-shirts I ordered, Daniel Corchado(the frontman) threw in a few stickers and a pin badge that I didn't actually order along with a poster that's only for the first 300 people who preordered. \m/
I don't think anyone cares/knows who this band is but I kind of regret not ordering a shirt.  I got my shit today and have spun it a few times!

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 04:27:16 PM »
That's a pity because The Chasm is probably one of the best death metal bands now that still focuses on songwriting and structure with aggressive riffs and dissonant or consonant melodies rather than how many stupid sweep picking arpeggios they can cram in a 3 minute song.

I haven't stopped spinning this album, only gripe with it is the lack of vocals but awesome musicianship outweighs this minor problem.

Offline wrathchild

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 12:10:59 AM »
That's a pity because The Chasm is probably one of the best death metal bands now that still focuses on songwriting and structure with aggressive riffs and dissonant or consonant melodies rather than how many stupid sweep picking arpeggios they can cram in a 3 minute song.

I haven't stopped spinning this album, only gripe with it is the lack of vocals but awesome musicianship outweighs this minor problem.
I didn't really notice it until I read the lyric booklet and saw only 4 lyrics but I must say their instrumentals are the best. 

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 09:36:07 AM »
Yeah, the vocals were never really a huge thing in the band. Corchado does have a unique vocal style, it's not terrible, it's just never a highlight.