Author Topic: Metal bash - 30th Oct 09  (Read 11460 times)

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal bash - 30th Oct 09
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 10:33:38 PM »
Let me try to summarise.

Around 10. last night we heard a massive bang - really massive - like a bomb going off.  We all raced out the front of the Daz house to see a scene right out of kandahar.  two cars that were parked on the verge parallel to the road were now adjacent to it and complete rightoffs, and there were two other cars with substantial damage and three others with minor damage.  
And then there was a car up the road about 50m ahead which was virtally missing from the windscreen forwards, no panels, no wheels, only half an engine and with two drunk idiots in the front.  UNHURT.  And there was a trail of wreckage all the way up the street.

This is pieced together from police and witnesses.  It appears this guy was driving down Amazon DR (50km limit) at around 130KMH-150KMH in a high performance subaru.  He has failed to negotiate the curve of the road, and hit the first car, a Ford as I recall.  They have bounced off it, hit the Island and lost control, slammed into a Forrester and a Commodore ute, which then slammed into a little four cylinder (I forget which) causing complete destruction to the Forrester and ute and a pile of damage to the 4.  Wreckage has peppered the cars on both sides of the street and the remains of the subaru has skidded onwards on what little remained on its undercarriage.  Apologies to anyone I have forgotten here.

I think I got to the wreck first, to find two very drunk idiots covered in brake fluid sitting stunned in the wreckage.  As we were helping them out the driver was set upon by a gaggle of drug-addled blackfellas who apparently narrowly missed being hit by these clowns, and naturally things got out of hand with a few punches being thrown and so on. There were other outrageous incidents and no end of people showing up to add to the confusion, and when the cops arrived (about 15 minus later  ::) ) they discovered that nobody was admitting to driving the car.  They eventually gleaned enough information from we uncooperative metalheads and arrested the twits, and then began two hours of taking statements, towing away piles of "car" and the like.  We all then went and drank some more.

The damage bill seems to be around $110 000, and at least one of the cars involved was uninsured.  There will be a great many years of paying money back for this bloke, and yet you gotta think that someone was prayin' for this twit, because Daz's parties are known as being busy and rowdy with people spilling out into the street but this one party NOBODY was out the front and NOBODY was hurt.  NOBODY was smoking joints in the car and became a statistic, and statistically that has to be incredible in itself.  

Even more amazingly, the cops said that If the tool had NOT hit the cars, they would have ended up ploughing right through the front wall of Daz's home and at 130KMH and more, they would have gone right through.  There would have been deaths.

You gotta say it: Daz knows how to throw a memorable bash.  

« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 02:29:45 AM by Catalyst »

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »
Car crash!?!? :o

The biggest.

When I said metal bash I didn't mean for some prick to bash his car into 5 other ones writing them all off and sending chunks of metal and wheels everywhere.

Edit: Jez posted as I was. :P

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 10:54:32 PM »
Maybe it wasn't a bad thing me being sick after all. My car would have been in that list of rightoffs as I park on the verge a block or two away from Daz's. That would severly stress me out if my car was written off like that.

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 11:16:56 PM »
Fuuuuuuck!! Gotta have half a chuckle at the irony given the name of the party, but holy shit
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »

That's my house where at the 'A' label, right in the middle of the carnage.
So the car doing the damage still travelled a good 80 metres or so while hitting other cars, so it had to be doing a fair few clicks.
I considered doing an animation to indicate how it may have progressed, but I honestly can't fathom how it managed to hit (and write off) so many cars in a row, without deviating from its path and keeping moving.

Offline Lozza

• WF Lieutenant
  • If chins could kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 12:42:12 AM »
slammed into a little four cylinder (I forget which)

That would be my Nissan Micra which I've had for about 18 months. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a write off too given the damage to the back bumper and driver's side of the car and don't forget the damage to the hatch/roof where a wheel hit it...
When a man's jawbone drops off, it's time to re-assess the situation.

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 12:58:58 AM »
Aww man Micras are rad little cars. At least it shouldn't be too hard to find an identical replacement
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 01:17:39 AM »
Maybe it wasn't a bad thing me being sick after all. My car would have been in that list of rightoffs as I park on the verge a block or two away from Daz's. That would severly stress me out if my car was written off like that.

Makes two of us mate. I was thinking of making it to this METAL CRASH partehhh but since I live in Ravenswood now, it was going to be a bit of a pain for getting there in which case, I would have driven. Thank fuck I didn't.

Best of luck to all those owners involved and hope you guys get results from the insurance companies asap.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 01:24:35 AM »
Wow, that's insane, especially as no one got hurt!

Offline Merlok

• WF Colonel
  • Keep the metal faith alive!! - Chuck Schuldiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 01:30:00 AM »

h-o-l-y s-h-i-t

i gotta go to one of these bashes then

mebe u can call them metal "nekkid swedish girls with bit tits" party  ;D

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 01:51:14 AM »
Did you even read the thread mate?? :P

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2009, 02:32:26 AM »
Looks different from above, maybe the guy would have taken out the neighbours' house instead. 

Offline metal_munchkin

• WF Major
  • :)
    • View Profile
    • Facialbook
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2009, 04:51:10 AM »
LEGALLY that piece of shit should have been dead. i wanted to spit in his face. i hope he ends up in prison and gets raped up the arse. no matter how young or old you are, you're the lowest form of fucking scum if you drink and drive. it fucking angers me.

sorry to all of you who's car was wrecked, i hope insurance and everything turns out okay. make sure you sue that cunt!
"Mr Murphy, would you come over by the board?"

"No, that's alright. I'll take the zero."

Offline Lotus_Eater

• WF Corporal
  • Certified Fuitcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2009, 06:27:57 AM »
Amazon drive is renowned for being a bit of a drag strip!

Offline hatefueled

• WF Major
  • Hatefueled.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • hatefuled's art
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2009, 08:58:53 AM »
there were a few crashes that night, there was one near the castle, a taxi driver n took out a pedestrian an apparently killed them and there was a bit of a pile up in dianella too. roads were closed off. cops everywhere. night of the living stupid.  at least injuries and deathtoll wise the metal mash up was okay though. sorry i missed it.

-Wednesday.

Offline Oiseau

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2009, 09:06:40 PM »
 The Ford was ours, and a complete write off. And uninsured, so a big FUCK YOU to those stupid little boys in their fast car. I hope they feel clever. We got out of that car where it collided less than 5 mins before it hit, never mind the other people coming and going throughout the night, I hope they realise how close they came to being murderers. It's been suggested that if they haven't got the money to pay for the damage to uninsured cars, we won't get paid out, which leaves us financially fucked. Thinking about it, if the Ford wasn't there, to send it back across the road, or the Forrester to block the drive, it potentially could have landed where everyone was into Daz's house. It's terrifying. And to think they were trying to say they didn't know who drove, and trying to save that dickhead from having it pinned on him is just disgusting.

At the end of the day, we are just so lucky that it was just cars, and that none of our mates are dead, because it came too close.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 09:22:37 PM by Oiseau »
I ate one anchovy. And that is why i did not eat two anchovies.

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2009, 09:59:29 PM »
Thats all kinds of fucked up. Glad no one was hurt!
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2009, 10:08:39 PM »
So the Ford is a right-off too?  Shit, that means 4 cars written off in one second.  Crazy Simmo owned the Commodore ute, which also wasn't insured.  He reckons he is going to have to undertake a civil suit, and I'm sure he would be happy to talk to you about a joint case.  It appears that there IS another solution too, there is a company which will pay you out for around 70% of the car's value and then pursue the full cost themselves. It isn't ideal but it IS better than getting nothing whatsoever.

Daz, next party you have you can use my place.  It's in a quiet cul-de-sac road, less chance of something like this happening.   ;D

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2009, 10:22:16 PM »
Crazy Simmo owned the Commodore ute, which also wasn't insured.  He reckons he is going to have to undertake a civil suit, and I'm sure he would be happy to talk to you about a joint case.  

I'll be in on this - my previous insurance didn't cover the cost of my rear window replacement.

"I'll be right.... as if my rear window will ever be damaged..."

BABOWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
HAHAHAHA

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2009, 01:20:22 AM »
Thats all kinds of fucked up. Glad no one was hurt!

Seconded

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 03:31:17 AM »
I'm glad i didnt drive coz i would have parked right were the forrester was parked and that would be me minus a front wheel and side.
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline Oiseau

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 03:39:59 AM »
So the Ford is a right-off too?  Shit, that means 4 cars written off in one second.  Crazy Simmo owned the Commodore ute, which also wasn't insured.  He reckons he is going to have to undertake a civil suit, and I'm sure he would be happy to talk to you about a joint case.  It appears that there IS another solution too, there is a company which will pay you out for around 70% of the car's value and then pursue the full cost themselves. It isn't ideal but it IS better than getting nothing whatsoever.

Daz, next party you have you can use my place.  It's in a quiet cul-de-sac road, less chance of something like this happening.   ;D

Yeah- the rear wheel was pretty well torn off, severe panel damage, and the chassis was bent wickedly out of shape because of the angle and force of the collision. Also speakers were knocked loose, the CD player knocked loose and passenger airbag discharged. It was no gentle bump! We're keen on finding out about this company, as we were kind of preparing to get nothing, and 70 percent will cover a car to use for the time being- and insurance! I'll do a bit of research on that, cheers. Would be keen to talk to the person you mentioned, pm me an email address if you have it. Will also contact Legal Aid and Victims of Crime tomorrow, see where we stand. Will post any info that may be relevant to anyone.

I hope they drill the fucking moron. This has caused such a nightmare for a bunch of people who really don't need it.

Offline Oiseau

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 03:52:04 AM »
We've just received a phone call. He is ONLY being charged with DUI. We have been advised to pursue a group civil case as it will stand stronger than individual. If anyone involved wants to contact me, please pm me through WF.

I'm utterly disgusted.

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 03:54:15 AM »
We've just received a phone call. He is ONLY being charged with DUI. We have been advised to pursue a group civil case as it will stand stronger than individual. If anyone involved wants to contact me, please pm me through WF.

I'm utterly disgusted.

What. The. Fuck.

Offline Oiseau

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 04:04:45 AM »
Apparently, the fact that he was drunk is the explanation for the $50,000+ damages caused, so they can't charge him for anything else.

The system is too busy protecting the guilty to worry about the victims it seems.