Author Topic: Tattoo Thread  (Read 8806 times)

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Tattoo Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 04:31:08 PM »

I agreed to have it changed to an Indian (not that I ever wanted an Indian Tatt)

Aw cmon mate.... who WOULDN'T want a tatt like:

permanently imbedded in their back after thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours excruitiating pain? ;D
:laugh: now that I would have been proud of...

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »

I agreed to have it changed to an Indian (not that I ever wanted an Indian Tatt)

Aw cmon mate.... who WOULDN'T want a tatt like:

permanently imbedded in their back after thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours excruitiating pain? ;D
HAHAHAHA  :rofl:

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »
Here you go, fuck it, everyone knows the story behind it now, it's a big mess, I can see where Bobby is going with it.
All of it is outline no shading yet, it'll look ok when finished (fingers crossed) I'll stick up a pic when it's all done. I'm booked in Friday but that's for a forearm job. The only good thing about the one on my back is I dont have to look at it. oh it was Applecross tattoo studio who did it, a bloke called Agro.

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 07:28:28 PM »
It kinda makes me think of "Jim Morrison VS Bad Acid"

So it does make sense
fight like a girl club

Offline hatefueled

• WF Major
  • Hatefueled.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • hatefuled's art
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 08:00:51 PM »
turning it into an indian portrait won't stop the 'Jim Morrison' bit being there. or are you getting that bit coloured over?

-Wednesday.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 08:07:31 PM »
Here you go, fuck it, everyone knows the story behind it now, it's a big mess, I can see where Bobby is going with it.
All of it is outline no shading yet, it'll look ok when finished (fingers crossed) I'll stick up a pic when it's all done. I'm booked in Friday but that's for a forearm job. The only good thing about the one on my back is I dont have to look at it. oh it was Applecross tattoo studio who did it, a bloke called Agro.

oh man, I hope this turns out for the better. Looks like the first guy bodged it pretty bad. Good luck with that...
Mongeese like results

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »
turning it into an indian portrait won't stop the 'Jim Morrison' bit being there. or are you getting that bit coloured over?
I will have the whole of my back done...so yes

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 10:34:16 PM »
Hey Dementor didnt Bobby Thornton pass away?

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 10:38:39 PM »

oh man, I hope this turns out for the better. Looks like the first guy bodged it pretty bad. Good luck with that...
Yeah, he fucked it alright, it'll be ok in the end, it'll never be an awesome tatt but it should be reasonable. I had it done when I was 18, and it's about time I got it finished  :laugh:

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 10:41:40 PM »
Hey Dementor didnt Bobby Thornton pass away?
I heard that to, it was about 9 years ago I had him try and fix it.

I have a bloke who'll fix it for me (tattoo voodoo) for $80 an hour, after my forearms are done he'll start on it, fingers crossed, it comes out ok.

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 10:46:46 PM »
Yeh he did pass away.. The shop he was working out of got boarded up.. Truth be told I never heard any good things about that shop..

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 12:12:05 AM »
"Jim Morrison - American Indian"  :err:

Maybe the guy doing it had just watched Wayne's World 2 and got distracted, merging the ghost of Jim Morrison and his weird naked indian companion.
"Tell me, didn't you find it a trifle unnecessary to see the crack in the Indian's bottom?"
 :laugh:

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 12:49:24 AM »
"Jim Morrison - American Indian"  :err:

Maybe the guy doing it had just watched Wayne's World 2 and got distracted, merging the ghost of Jim Morrison and his weird naked indian companion.
"Tell me, didn't you find it a trifle unnecessary to see the crack in the Indian's bottom?"
 :laugh:
I'll stick up the original Morrison drawing (when I get back to Perth), to try and salvage the tattoo 5 years later, it was changed to an indian, Morrison had a feather in his hair, hence the Indian.

I know it's fucked but hopefully the cover up will fix it.

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
  • Ormsby Guitars and Repairs
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 01:35:01 AM »
Never seen a decent tattoo out of that shop, although Im sure some think they were the best. I met a guy with a Jim Morrison tattoo also from Bobby's, and it looked more like John Candy than Jim...

Cover ups can be amazing if the guy knows what he's doing. Some of the stuff Ive seen them do at the Tatt Shop in Northbridge has been insanely good.

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 05:25:27 PM »
Tatt Shop in Northbridge has been insanely good.

Yeah my brother in law gets his work done there and they do some fucking awesome work - will try and grab a photo of the demon on his back to show you guys.

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
  • Ormsby Guitars and Repairs
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2009, 06:36:53 PM »
When it comes down to it, I reckon every place can do the intricate detailed work. Just some places feel they have to compete on price. Or at least, the customer is on a budget, or wants the lowest price.

My right arm has the Koi/Dragon sleeve, and I told the guys I didnt care how many sessions it took, or how much it cost. Just make it detailed. 24 sessions all up (1-2 hours each, over 14 months). But every scale is 2-3 different colours blended, and every bit of water is made up of four colours blended. The water then blends into fire. The tiger on my inner arm has fur which is made up of four colours.

Lots of it was done with a pure white base, then coloured over to bring out the colour more, etc etc. Was a pain in the arse going in for only an hour every second week, but at the same time it was affordable to do it like that. Took forever, but will last even longer.

Worst part is the elbow. Ouch. Had to do it twice cause it didnt take the first time.

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2009, 10:28:16 PM »
When it comes down to it, I reckon every place can do the intricate detailed work. Just some places feel they have to compete on price. Or at least, the customer is on a budget, or wants the lowest price.

My right arm has the Koi/Dragon sleeve, and I told the guys I didnt care how many sessions it took, or how much it cost. Just make it detailed. 24 sessions all up (1-2 hours each, over 14 months). But every scale is 2-3 different colours blended, and every bit of water is made up of four colours blended. The water then blends into fire. The tiger on my inner arm has fur which is made up of four colours.

Lots of it was done with a pure white base, then coloured over to bring out the colour more, etc etc. Was a pain in the arse going in for only an hour every second week, but at the same time it was affordable to do it like that. Took forever, but will last even longer.

Worst part is the elbow. Ouch. Had to do it twice cause it didnt take the first time.
Pics?

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »

Had this done on Friday...

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2009, 09:12:22 PM »
Just booked myself in for Monday 8)
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »
Just booked myself in for Monday 8)

getting a jim morrison American indian Hindustani tatt on ya back too mate? ;D
HAHAHAHA

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 09:28:33 PM »
Nah nothing that... large :D

Just one on left calf. I've though about what's going into the tat for ages, but it only occured to me the other day that these are life lessons that will only grow more true with age so on with the ink ;D Should take just the one session
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2009, 10:19:38 AM »
I have a hankering for some fresh ink.
Next will probably be the length of my spine.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2009, 05:56:01 PM »
Let's see who can get the biggest single tattoo. Hey, Mick I reckon you should get a life-size portrait of yourself. Of course, then we'll have to get used to you looking like an indian.
;D

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 06:19:54 PM »
Let's see who can get the biggest single tattoo. Hey, Mick I reckon you should get a life-size portrait of yourself. Of course, then we'll have to get used to you looking like an indian.
;D

if I stuck with my back piece plan, I could have had a good run.... especially since my back is a rather large canvas. The slayer skull I now have on my arm was going to be the backdrop, taking up most of my back, Eddie from the Trooper cover marching forward flanked by Vic Rattlehead and something else (not sure exactly what) on the other side, marching through the Master of Puppets graveyard. My tattooist drew it up and everything (looked fucking AWESOME), but I decided to fill my arms first.... at least to my elbows and across my chest and shoulders. All in good time.
Mongeese like results

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010, 07:39:33 PM »
Just got some more work done on my back. 7 hours worth (not including the 5-6 hours it took to do the Dime and Cliff circle logos previously). 5 more hours to go....

taken from this picture (a picture of Dime's actual Dean From Hell). Note the date on the photo.... only days before Dime was killed

Mongeese like results