Author Topic: Book for trolls.  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
Book for trolls.
« on: October 11, 2009, 05:07:52 PM »
No, this is not a book about Nihilist.    :)

I was at a swapmeet this morning and I found a really cool and sisister looking leather bound book called "Encyclopedia Magica" and I thought it was some sort of book of arcane spells and shit.  I don't believe in that shit but I thought it would be a hell nice addition to my collection, and possibly inspiration for lyrics writing.  I bought it without thinking about it much, and when I got home and starting thumbing through it I realised it was not cool at all, but some sort of extensive guide to magic powers in some sort of role playing game, probably Dungeons and Dragons.  Which I believe in even less.

Anyway, I have no interest in it except as something to hit the dogs with, so If one of you geekly types have an interest, it is yours as long as you promise to never mention it again.   

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
  • :)
    • View Profile
Re: Book for trolls.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:49:53 PM »
im surpised it didnt have the words "advanced dungeons and dragons" printed on the cover like this one
but lol, that is pretty funny

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:49:08 AM »
I'll take it  ;D

I rarely get the chance to play and D&D, but I find roleplaying games in general very interesting.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 03:08:00 AM »
It's yours.   

I had a look again.  It is similar to the one in the pic that blaah posted but is green, not brown, and the icon is embossed, not printed.  There is nothing writen on the cover at all, only on the spine, but I see now that it says VERY CLEARLY "Dungeons and Dragons" and "Volume 3".

How very embassassing.   :-[
Oh well, fuck you all.  I shall write it off as a "senior moment", the precursor no doubt to many more.   ::)

Can we now bury this topic please?  Last thing I want is to get a bunch of D and D freeks coming out of the closet and gaying all over us.   ;D

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 03:59:24 AM »
It's yours.   

I had a look again.  It is similar to the one in the pic that blaah posted but is green, not brown, and the icon is embossed, not printed.  There is nothing writen on the cover at all, only on the spine, but I see now that it says VERY CLEARLY "Dungeons and Dragons" and "Volume 3".

Oh well, fuck you all.  I shall write it off as a "senior moment", the precursor no doubt to many more.   ::)

Can we now bury this topic please?  Last thing I want is to get a bunch of D and D freeks coming out of the closet and gaying all over us.   ;D
Sounds to me like you'll have one over you place soon to pick up the book. Personally I'd post it with no return address...

Offline Ruun

• WF Lieutenant
  • there is never enoth heroin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 04:50:11 AM »
It's yours.   

i cast magic missile you lose 12 hitpoints
ALL METAL THAT IS NOT DEATHSPELL OMEGA IS SHIT

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 05:21:10 AM »
*gulp* potion of healing
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 07:03:24 AM »
Anyone else see the irony of a guy with billions of Stars Wars toys, books and whatever the fuck else saying D&D is too nerdy for him?

Not that I'm standing up for D&D.. Warhammer was where I got my fun as a 12 year old!
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 03:45:22 PM »
Believe me, I see the irony.  I confess to having nerdly leanings.

Nevertheless I want no part of this fresh horror.  The book must go.

"Yes, I think you SHOULD wash it.
  And shave it off. 
  Nail it to a frisbee.
  And fling it over a rainbow."