Author Topic: 2009 Australian Metal Awards results  (Read 18085 times)

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
2009 Australian Metal Awards results
« on: November 09, 2009, 02:15:59 AM »
For those of you who may be interested, here are the results from the 2009 Australian Metal Awards:

Best Metal Fan/ Web/ Magazine:
Metal Obession.net

Most Popular Merch:
Psycroptic

Best Album Cover:
Psycroptic - (Ob)Servant

Best Band Name:
Psycroptic

Best Film Clip:
Psycroptic ? ?Initiate?

Best Producer / Recording Engineer:
Jarrad Hearman (Sing Sing Studios) ? ?Avalon? Chaos Divine

Best Drummer:
David Horgan ? Ouroboros

Best Bass Player:
Michael Conti ? Ouroboros,

Best Regional Band:
Alchemist

Best Youth Band:
Asphyxia

Best Export:
Psycroptic

Best Live Band:
Psycroptic

Best Guitarist:
Jimmy Lardner-Brown ? Killrazer

Best Vocalist:
Dave Anderton ? Chaos Divine

Best Keyboard Player:
Chris Stevenson - The Eternal

Best New Band:
Death Audio

Song of the Year:
?Refuse the Sickness? ? Chaos Divine

Best Unsigned Band:
Ouroboros

Best Album:
?Avalon? ? Chaos Divine

Overall Best Band 2009:
Chaos Divine

T'was a great night. Thanks heaps to Matt and Nat for putting on an awesome event. Hopefully this thing gets bigger every year.

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Australian Metal Awards results
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 02:25:39 AM »
Woah, looks like you guys cleaned up, congrats. Been a good year for you guys.

Best Live Band:
Psycroptic

I disagree with that, Ruins blew them away when they played together here.

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 02:49:42 AM »
Congratulations boys. And to Dave for best vocalist :clap:

Hope it was an awesome time for ya's and for Deryk, Daz and Dysie also.

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 02:57:00 AM »
Way to go Chaos!
Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 06:16:30 AM »

Overall Best Band 2009:
Chaos Divine

Well done!

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 07:19:36 AM »
Behind the scenes coverage of the AMAs will be featured on AM tomorrow night 9pm.

Offline Lotus_Eater

• WF Corporal
  • Certified Fuitcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 07:42:06 AM »
I've just walked in the door from the trip to Sydney....one amazing show!

I got to the forum, waited in the line for a few moments when then walked in Death Audio were playing didnt really like them so a trip to the merch stand to get the really cool shirt....

I saw Daz and was having a chat about the goings on, then the award for best vocalist and Chaos Dave won "Onya Dave :headbang:" Halfway through the next band 3 members decided to join in the crowd and got a masive greet from Dave, Simon & the stand- in drummer.

After a while they all disappeared for the next series of awards. I went to the ladies - crazy artwork to see Chaos setting up after nagging from the impatient loclas Chaos fired up 4 songs and a cover from an analcunt song which a select few got (all of us wf'ers that were there - 5 in total) after few more sessions of hecklers fired into the few songs and Dave jumped into the media pit and hung with the WA crew trying to do a sing-along, then left the stage. team chaos had enough time to fly back into the VIP area to collect the last award of the night Band of the year :headbang:

To Matt the MC, Daz, and team Chaos awesome night has by all, and looking forwards to the awards next year - if it is being held again & I urge that more go to the AHMA's

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:44:43 AM by Lotus_Eater »

Offline -=[Cataclysm]=-

• WF Colonel
  • ...welcome to the torture chamber...
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine website
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »
can you believe the disprespect some people have for people that actually try and make the metal scene better??

http://metalshop.roadrunnerrecords.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=417795

what a load of utter crap some people spit out, not the comments towards us, but towards the hard and fantastic work of the organisers.

those people should be ashamed of themselves.

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 07:22:59 PM »
can you believe the disprespect some people have for people that actually try and make the metal scene better??

what a load of utter crap some people spit out, not the comments towards us, but towards the hard and fantastic work of the organisers.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! There's lots of tall poppies around mate - pay them no heed. From what i hear the show kicked ass, as did you guys, so onwards and upwards all the way!!! ;D
HAHAHAHA

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 07:44:23 PM »
yeah, bunch of wankers. I love how contradictory they can be. Apparently Chaos Divine suck and dont deserve the award because they had never heard of you (somehow), but then they go on to say that these awards are shit anyway, because its not underground enough. What exactly do they want? An underground band that everyone knows?

Dont take any of that shit to heart. the bigger you get, the more you have people trying to bring you down. You guys deserve every single award (and some). Well done. I knew from the first moment I heard you guys something special was being unleashed. By the way, you're far from generic.
Mongeese like results

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 08:09:58 PM »
I guess they are right though. You're not metal unless you're underground and only like bands that no one else does. I mean what self respecting metal head would listen to music other people have heard of? All bands officially suck when they get well known, i.e. slayer, megadeth, iron maiden, who the fuck would dare listen to that shit and still claim to be metal? It's not like those guys are just a bunch of moronic teenagers who have no concept of what Australian metal and metal in general is all about. It's not like they are just trying to compensate for their lack of metal knowledge by pointing out what they perceive to be the failures of others but what they're really highlighting is their own insecurities. It's nothing like that at all. Those guys clearly are superior to us in every facet of metal and just generally way more underground.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:11:35 PM by chantian_deanie »

Offline BTBG

• WF Private
  • www.myspace.com/beyondterrorbeyondgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »
Best thing about the Metal Awards is we are looking and talking about  Australian metal bands and hopefully seeing we have some worldclass bands right fucking here in our own country.

Suprised Choke didn't win anything really :laugh:

Offline Lotus_Eater

• WF Corporal
  • Certified Fuitcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! There's lots of tall poppies around mate - pay them no heed. From what i hear the show kicked ass, as did you guys, so onwards and upwards all the way!!! ;D

too right there SOD - it was awesome! & I am trying my hardest to get some motivation to study for maths exam tomorrow, prob hit the books during anger management when I am feeling more alive!

the band I surprised me was Ouroboros -  I would like to see live esp here I know they will get a decent reception from the WF crowd!

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 01:27:27 AM »

Nah, these were the people who stood there all night with their arms crossed waiting for someone to entertain them. Fair Dinkum, they would've been better off staying home.
They havent quite grasped the concept that Metal is now becoming a legitimate genre of music, just like every other genre.
And if they wanna make underground metal there is nothing stopping them.
For those bands who like to be recognised and rewarded for their efforts, or want to progress , then they can join the Association, its that simple.

The AMAs will be going full steam ahead in 2010.   ;)

Offline Lotus_Eater

• WF Corporal
  • Certified Fuitcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 03:21:07 AM »

Nah, these were the people who stood there all night with their arms crossed waiting for someone to entertain them. Fair Dinkum, they would've been better off staying home.
They havent quite grasped the concept that Metal is now becoming a legitimate genre of music, just like every other genre.
And if they wanna make underground metal there is nothing stopping them.
For those bands who like to be recognised and rewarded for their efforts, or want to progress , then they can join the Association, its that simple.

The AMAs will be going full steam ahead in 2010.   ;)

Yeah I noticed that, just standing there, drinking beer, trying to start fights but never eventuated any further. I tried to get a mosh pit started but it was like getting a brick wall to move a foot in the right direction - even for Sadistik there wasnt much in the way of a mosh and I was able to walk through with no problem whatsoever!

From where you were standing did you see the lady in the blue dress trying to mosh in heels ????  waaaay too  :rofl:

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 03:34:09 AM »
Yeah lets all get offended by what some guy said on the internet that one time...
WHO CARES??
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 04:06:10 AM »
fuck the cunts!

Congrats to C. Divine!

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 04:12:00 AM »
Yeah lets all get offended by what some guy said on the internet that one time...
WHO CARES??

Exactly, each to their own.

Yes, the lady in the Blue Dress, could probably outmill Corpsegrinder if she wanted to, but she seemed to just float around the venue like some kind of Aqua/Teal coloured butterfly.
I think I counted 3 millers, and half a dozen moshers & bangers, at any one time max.

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 05:58:19 AM »
Haha, that chick was awesome! Total hippy dancing at a metal gig in her dainty Sunday dress.

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 06:01:23 AM »
Ouroborous are a pretty fucking decent band.

As far as up and coming drummers, in his shell he does great :D
What we do in our lives echoes in eternity

Offline The AAHM Team

• WF Private
    • View Profile
    • australianmetal
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »
On behalf of myself and Natalie we would like to thank every person who made their way over from WA to Sydney for this show. Our very very big thanks to both Deryk who really did save the day and also a big thank you to Darren. On a personal level I think the WA crew are some of the best guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Nat and I will try and do everything possible to get over to the 2010 WF Awards because we know that Darren and all the WA crew deserve a lot of kudo's for doing what they do.

To the guys of Chaos Divine.... Congratulations and our massive thanks for coming and being a part of it. As stated already on this Forum we feel that you guys do deserve it and your set proved it.

As far as the metalshop comments this is something we have dealt with from the start and will continue to deal with as long as we do it but at the end of the day we don't do it for them it's for everyone else.

Thank you all for the support and for just being great people.

Offline Lotus_Eater

• WF Corporal
  • Certified Fuitcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »
Thank you matt & co for putting on a great show even though there were people who should have stayed home since they didn't have the heart & soul of being there, plus the hecklers were putting some bands off but Dave from Chaos threw it back at them twice as bad which was hilarious in itself  :rofl:

All the best in organising the inaugural AHMA and there is many more to come  :headbang:

Offline -=[Cataclysm]=-

• WF Colonel
  • ...welcome to the torture chamber...
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine website
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 12:08:47 AM »

yeah i couldn't really care less what people think of my band, it just got to me they could bag out the organisers that worked their asses off to give everyone a good night to come and celebrate.

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 01:08:51 AM »
Nat and I will try and do everything possible to get over to the 2010 WF Awards because we know that Darren and all the WA crew deserve a lot of kudo's for doing what they do.

Sounds like you're scoping us out fot a possible 2011 AMAs in Perth.    ;) 8)

Least you definately wont be paying a cent in accomodation, there will be no shortage of offers of people to stay with over here.

Offline anon669

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 02:43:00 AM »

yeah i couldn't really care less what people think of my band, it just got to me they could bag out the organisers that worked their asses off to give everyone a good night to come and celebrate.

this:

http://www.brismetal.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=449298&highlight=#449298

Also which band are you in?

Also don't be ridiculous there will be no AMA in Perth in the foreseeable future. You're not going to get all of those people on a 5-hr flight. This doesn't mean your scene sucks or anything of the sort, just means that you have to make a bigger effort to maintain it.

It would have been good to see more bands on the bill that were not from around here and were not gay, but the organisers ended up with some tough choices after the amenta decided to fuck off on tour and everyone they asked were reluctant to go on the bill. There is a quite a bit of a backlash about this even in the underground and I don't think the event itself changed a lot of minds.