Author Topic: 2009 Australian Metal Awards results  (Read 18083 times)

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Australian Metal Awards results
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2009, 09:25:14 PM »
SHUT UP.
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline Bailey

• WF Major
  • "you like uh the sex crime?...high five"
    • View Profile
    • Trident Winter
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2009, 09:55:52 PM »
 "Yo Chaos Divine, I'm really happy for you , I'm going to let you finish but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time...one of the best of all time!"

Offline anon669

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2009, 10:28:15 PM »
SHUT UP.

don't forget to press the "smite" button.

can't believe you children use that shit, haha.

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
  • Peace and fucking... Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2009, 10:29:22 PM »
ahahaha.... one of the best debut posts I have ever read on any forum. Well done!  :headbang:
long time listener, first time caller.
You sir have stolen the name of my fictional grindcore band! Excellent choice 8)
I knew it came from somewhere, but kidyfidla was taken
GutPunchAbortion is already the name of a faggy American punk band. The last thing this world need is another grindcore band with word "Abortion" tacked on the end for shock value.
Fraternally bound to haunt swollen distended bodies
Their chemical reactions clash amidst rank autopsies...
NH2(CH2)4NH2...Putrescine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline gutpunchabortion

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2009, 10:40:49 PM »
ahahaha.... one of the best debut posts I have ever read on any forum. Well done!  :headbang:
You sir have stolen the name of my fictional grindcore band! Excellent choice 8)
GutPunchAbortion is already the name of a faggy American punk band. The last thing this world need is another grindcore band with word "Abortion" tacked on the end for shock value.
"Gut Punch Abortion" doesn't just have the word "Abortion" tacked on the end for shock value. It's the entire string that is supposed to have shock value... "Gut Punch" describes how the abortion was performed...

Offline Merlok

• WF Colonel
  • Keep the metal faith alive!! - Chuck Schuldiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »

i prefer falcon punch

:headbang:

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »
"Gut Punch Abortion" doesn't just have the word "Abortion" tacked on the end for shock value. It's the entire string that is supposed to have shock value... "Gut Punch" describes how the abortion was performed...
Yes, I understand that. Just, personally, no matter what the method, I'm not particularly shocked one bit... I don't think anyone is. The concept has been done to death.
I wasn't having a go at you for your user name,... a name's a name... I was more talking about it as a band name.
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline gutpunchabortion

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »
Falcon Punch is indeed a good one.

Offline anon669

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2009, 10:55:16 PM »

Thus spake master of the subtlety and wit. Are you wearing your helmet?

Offline gutpunchabortion

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2009, 11:14:08 PM »
ahahaha.... one of the best debut posts I have ever read on any forum. Well done!  :headbang:
Yes, I understand that. Just, personally, no matter what the method, I'm not particularly shocked one bit... I don't think anyone is. The concept has been done to death.
I wasn't having a go at you for your user name,... a name's a name... I was more talking about it as a band name.
Cheers, i like it because i think it's funny! Another name I particularly like is 'Surprise Sex Attack'. And, like you, i'm not really a massive grindcore fan, but hey, i'm sure grindcore fans enjoy it.

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2009, 11:26:41 PM »

And to think I was going to ask you to lay down some drum tracks :'(
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2009, 11:51:18 PM »

And to think I was going to ask you to lay down some drum tracks :'(
No offence intended, Terry!! Come on, I know you can come up with something more groundbreaking than G.P.A  ;)
Anything along the lines of like _________ Abortion, Foetal ______, ______ Surgery / Surgical ______, etc should be left alone...... waaaaay overdone!! As soon as I hear names like that, I tend to switch off.
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2009, 01:33:07 AM »
I always though the way cyanide kills you would somehow manifest itself into a pretty brutal band name or song theme.

When you're overcome with hydrogen cyanide, you just collapse in a heap because your body doesn't have enough oxygen to keep the brain AND the body going, so it starts to prioritise . The harsh thing is that as you continue to breathe in your weak and eventually comatose state, thus absorbing more and more poision until eventually after longer period of time you absorb a lethal dose and are killed.

Doesn't kill you instantly, just knocks you down and out so you're helpless, then kills you.

Gotta be a good band title in there somewhere.

Anyway, back on topic, uhhhh... What was the topic again?
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2009, 01:57:26 AM »
I always though the way cyanide kills you would somehow manifest itself into a pretty brutal band name or song theme.

When you're overcome with hydrogen cyanide, you just collapse in a heap because your body doesn't have enough oxygen to keep the brain AND the body going, so it starts to prioritise . The harsh thing is that as you continue to breathe in your weak and eventually comatose state, thus absorbing more and more poision until eventually after longer period of time you absorb a lethal dose and are killed.

Doesn't kill you instantly, just knocks you down and out so you're helpless, then kills you.

Gotta be a good band title in there somewhere.

Anyway, back on topic, uhhhh... What was the topic again?
That's better! Definately a name in there. Could call it Cyanide Psykosis?....  :sick:  (haha, not really)

Uh, the topic..... Whining about the "music industry" and quarrelling about who's band does/doesn't deserve to win awards..... ho hum. I'm sure there are way more enlightening things we'll all learn as this progresses for another few pages. Funny to read, but.  8)
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2009, 11:03:48 AM »
Cricket anyone?

Wow I must've upset someone, I've totally lost 4 scene points  :o
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 11:06:19 AM by Evil_-_Butterfly »
Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2009, 04:33:38 PM »
Some of my favourite bands have stupid names, and probably stupid lyrics too (since most of them are indecipherable I'll never know).

Corpse Vomit? Cock and Ball Torture? Corpsefucking Art? Aborted? Abortion? Anal Bleeding? Dying Fetus? Intestinal Disgorge? Prostitute Disfigurement? Gorgasm?

The list goes on forever...

Grind isn't exactly known for it's creativity on these things. In most cases I think it's meant to be thought of ironically.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2009, 04:39:16 PM »
Some of my favourite bands have stupid names, and probably stupid lyrics too (since most of them are indecipherable I'll never know).

Corpse Vomit? Cock and Ball Torture? Corpsefucking Art? Aborted? Abortion? Anal Bleeding? Dying Fetus? Intestinal Disgorge? Prostitute Disfigurement? Gorgasm?

The list goes on forever...

Grind isn't exactly known for it's creativity on these things. In most cases I think it's meant to be thought of ironically.
Grind isn't know for creativity, you're right. Those names are all OK, I guess, but it's shit when new bands come along and can't be bothered coming up with a name other than a slightly modified version of a well-established name. Like I said earlier, there are a core group of words that go in to making a stock-standard death/grind name than scream "I have no mind of my own". "Anal", "Intestinal", Um.... even "Cunt". :P It's like you've heard one band name; you've heard them all, these days.
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline Grace_Metalious

• WF Colonel
  • He's an alligator ...
    • View Profile
    • The Hellacopters Homepage
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2009, 05:37:28 PM »
Congratulations Chaos!  :clap:
Warriors ... Come out to play!

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »
All hail the band name generators.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=band+name+generator&meta=&aq=f&oq=
I tried it! It works! My band's going to be called Anal Laundry! I never have to use my brain again.... now, back to killing it with alcohol ;)
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline Merlok

• WF Colonel
  • Keep the metal faith alive!! - Chuck Schuldiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »

i like FLAGITIOUS IDIOSYNCRASY IN THE DILAPIDATION  as a grind band name

http://www.geocities.jp/inthedilapidation/

Offline metalhawk

• WF Colonel
  • ...never too old to headbang!!!
    • View Profile
    • enforce homepage
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2009, 08:03:34 PM »
Anon. I read a lot of flapping and no real suggestions of improvement from you, apart from taking every band off the bill because they dont suit your criteria.
Its one thing to be an ambiguous armchair critic, but do you have a better way of promoting and exposing your beloved scene? If not, you are really only hilighting your own lack of knowledge and commitment to music youre supposed to love.

By your standards, shows like this would be full of completely obscure 'true' metal bands that would attract perhaps a dozen hardcore followers - and would subsequently be canned afterwards.

If you can attract a wide cross-section of music lovers, and money is generated to put back into the metal scene and perpetuate this kind of buzz, Im happy to have you stay home annoyed while everyone else opens their ears and enjoys more events.

I love the old stuff too. I love the obscure stuff. I love the 'true' stuff. But if youre the only one whining so much about the event, perhaps you're the one thats out of touch?

moar caek.

Or how about this: if somebody in the UG metal scene is willing to sacrifice their pub metal stardom by laying down their guitar and actually help out where it counts: ie with organising events and helping bands they should do everything in their power to help young bands irrespective of genre get gigs, help them record, lead by example in other words. Appealing to industry support will result in one thing only: bullshit commercial bands like the ones on the bill will get undeserved attention which they would get anyway. The interesting underground bands not on the set list will fall by the wayside. That?s it ? there can be no dialogue between art and commerce, it is absolutely destructive to art because greed and stupidity always wins, especially when getting paid for it.

Another thing ? one problem continually plaguing metal promoters is hostility form publicans. Either we break too many glasses or spill too many beers or don?t gamble enough etc etc etc. Now imagine if somebody sympathetic to the cause was in charge of a bar? It would make things so much easier when organising shows. Or in the very least try to develop rapport with that particular industry ? that sort of industry support we definitely need, not the music industry, who would charge you 1000 bucks to see Britney Spears lip synch. Fuck that, don?t want to be anywhere near that.

Ive only read about this far.... Mr A..seems like a very passionate person i hope he puts his wisdom into good pro -active use and join the cause and help... i want 2 c this dude as judge for next year!!!!!!1

just a thought!!!

its all metal!!!!!

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »

i like FLAGITIOUS IDIOSYNCRASY IN THE DILAPIDATION  as a grind band name

http://www.geocities.jp/inthedilapidation/

Isn't that a Psycroptic album name? :D

Offline Lotus_Eater

• WF Corporal
  • Certified Fuitcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2009, 09:33:22 PM »
thanks Nick I am having so much fun with it....

one name that came up was "Barking mad and the Lassie"  :hmm:

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2009, 09:40:20 PM »
Death Fucking Cunt?
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.