Author Topic: Boy, this sux  (Read 11098 times)

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Boy, this sux
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 06:14:20 PM »
Miniature dogs are almost as bad, just as useless as cats.
Except if one is called Ren and one is called Stimpy. ;D

Jez, just get them some hermit crabs.. way cooler, and nothing to worry about.

"Oh you wanted a cat, I thought you said crabs..."

Oh, wait...
 :err:

Hermit crabs fucking stink. I bought my kids "Yabbies" (they are actually gilgies) once. Had 10 of them in the tank. I found 2 dead ones. That left 8. Then I did a recount, and couldnt for the life of me figure out why there was 11.... I counted and recounted so many times. It still has me totally stumped to this day. Eventually they all died (found out the dont like baked beans and yoghurt in their water - thanks kids). Anyway, after they had all died the numbers still werent adding up right. I didnt think much of it though.... until I found a trail of ants going into my sons bedroom.... and behind his book shelf. I pulled the bookshelf out to find a recently deceased gilgie. It still had meat in the shell, and it seemed pretty fresh, so it must have lived in his room for a couple of weeks before dying. Spun the fuck out of me. I also still cant figure out how it got out of the tank in the first place. Strangest pets ever.
Mongeese like results

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 11:56:31 PM »
We have a Blue Russian named Cash, he's a fucken awesome cat, jumps in the bath with the kids and lets them hang him upside down etc and has no problems with it. I took him to the vet the other day because he had a two inch thorn through his paw and the vet reckons Cash was purring when he was pulling it out. I was starting to think I had a freak cat but apparently most Blue Russians have a similar nature.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 12:33:11 AM »
Then I did a recount, and couldnt for the life of me figure out why there was 11.... I counted and recounted so many times. It still has me totally stumped to this day. Eventually they all died (found out the dont like baked beans and yoghurt in their water - thanks kids). Anyway, after they had all died the numbers still werent adding up right. I didnt think much of it though.... until I found a trail of ants going into my sons bedroom.... and behind his book shelf. I pulled the bookshelf out to find a recently deceased gilgie. It still had meat in the shell, and it seemed pretty fresh, so it must have lived in his room for a couple of weeks before dying. Spun the fuck out of me. I also still cant figure out how it got out of the tank in the first place. Strangest pets ever.

Hahaha that happened to me too.  I had a roommate and I had a row with him because he kept stealing the jilgies from my aquarium and putting them in his own.  Then one day I saw one walking up the hall towards his room.  Did my head in.  How do they know where the nearest alternate source of water is? 

Anyway, about the cats, let me clarify...
I am not going to harm, neglect or injure a cat in my family's care, but if it isn't a good cat I just might turn a blind eye next time Razor gets a bit hungry...  :eyebrows:  I hate my parents' whippet too, but I don't go out of my way to kick the prick either.  All I want is to know which cats are gonna be affectionate and docile and which ones are going to try to kill me as I sleep.  The fact is, my lady and kids want one, and I'd let them have a pet pedophile if they wanted it badly enough.  Who knows, I might end up with a cool cat that I can train to chop wood or run down the bottleshop for me, or even more unlikely cool enougth that I might even be GLAD to own.  I'm with Daz, they are dirty little parasites swarming with smaller parasites and they damage my calm with their self-satisfied purring, but the decision is out of my hands, except for the choice of breed. 

The cat will be fine.  Probably.  Shit, I'll bet none of you thought I could keep a couple of kids alive this long either.

After reading this stuff, I'm leaning towards a rag doll cat thing, but I'm still open to persuasion.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 12:50:01 AM »
yeah, some of the attitudes in this thread are like Jez is some big monster who is going to kill it just to please himself, not giving a fuck about what his family think about the whole ordeal... You treat him like some kind of psycho. No idea where you get that impression  :P
Mongeese like results

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 02:06:59 AM »
Koonacs, marron, gilgies, yabbies, no matter what it is, it's primary function is to know where water is.

I've seen koonacs travel over 5km to another dam on a farm before. There's always casualties, but they still always find a way!
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 02:20:06 AM »
Koonacs, marron, gilgies, yabbies, no matter what it is, it's primary function is to know where water is.

I've seen koonacs travel over 5km to another dam on a farm before. There's always casualties, but they still always find a way!

no, thats its secondary function. Its primary function is to be fucking tasty! Seriously though, marron will travel for days across land to find water.
Mongeese like results

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 02:22:56 AM »
Try Save Animals From Euthanasia: http://www.safeperth.com.au/
The animals are fostered at peoples' homes and given lots of love, so they are used to people rather than those in a cage at a pound etc.. not that those should be neglected because of it!
Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 02:24:08 AM »
there are a few breeds that tend to be more affectionate than others. i recall something about 'ragdoll' cats that dont give a shit how the kid pick em up cos it counts as attention...i have a friend with 2 o those Burmese cats. heres a list of ragdoll cat breedes in australia! http://www.cat-world.com.au/ragdoll-cat-breeders-in-australia
the ones with dark ears n paws n tails? and they're very intelligent. the solution too to the killings problem is an indoor cat which means you need a litter box and it has to be kept clean cos they stick the place out easily. speaking of. giving them the snip asap is also good.

Just read this ... I actually have a friend wanting to get rid of some ragdoll kitties for cheap(er than normal ragdolls)... if you're interested!

Here ya go....
$300 Vet Checked and vaccinated, and we bought our girl for $800 so is a bargain haha!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:35:32 AM by Evil_-_Butterfly »
Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 03:28:06 PM »
We bought one last night at 9pm. 

After much thought and the advice I got here and elsewhere, we decided to go for a crossbreed of ragdoll and either burmese or birman.
We found a female Rag doll X Burmese that the kids are just gaga over.  I have to admit that it is an adorable little thing, but it is already pulling wires out of the back of the home theatre and attacking my toes at inconvenient moments.  It has big vacant blue eyes - and my lady keeps telling me that it looks like Daz, no shit - and moves like a furry bullet.   

I have decided to let it meet the dogs gradually, because although I thing our Staffy "Nitro" is pleased as punch to see her, I am sure that our bull mastiff "Razor" intends - at this stage - to eat the thing.  No barking or low growling, it just stares at the kitten endlessly through the flyscreen and drools....

Anyway, thanks to all for their advice. 

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 04:09:35 PM »
I get what this thread is.. it's you getting your nuts snipped mark II.
;D

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »
I get what this thread is.. it's you getting your nuts snipped mark II.
;D

HAHAHAHA that was one of my favourite threads of all time. (probably not Jez's though)
Mongeese like results

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »
We found a female Rag doll X Burmese that the kids are just gaga over.

THAT'S AWESOME!
I've owned both breeds before, and they've been awesome. Ragdolls are good because they're so fucking soft, and Burmese are good because they're really friendly. Think you've got the best of both.
fight like a girl club

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2009, 05:51:59 PM »
Oh goody.
My nuts are back on WF, and how glad we all are.   Hahaha they are making a "cumback".   ::)

The cat's name is gonno be "Schitzo".

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »
Call it Miss Fluffypants McCuddles
fight like a girl club

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2009, 06:18:02 PM »
call it 'Cat' and feed it nothing but pizza.
Mongeese like results

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »
lol

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2009, 07:15:09 PM »
That's one still cat!
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline amy

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2009, 09:03:08 PM »
cats rule. enjoy your bundle of joy jez xx

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2009, 03:45:22 AM »
I have 2 cats & 2 staffys & they co exist fine.
Cat haven is awesome, they give you a run down of the cats personality & they come de sexed wormed etc.

I have a siamese & it never leaves the house, awesome cat. The meow it makes can be annoying but the thing loves attention & is ultra placid. Burmese cats are kinda similar in nature, nicer meow & more playful.
If you want a cat that acts like a dog, loves water & will play fetch, get a Bengal. Pricey but best cats ever. Our guitarist Kris has one named Jager. He is like a dog. Never leaves the house. Is mischeivous as fuck. Fetches better than my dogs do. He paid less because he picked the runt of the litter. Seriously awesome cat tho.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2009, 05:21:42 PM »
Beast... Did you know that Siamese cats have a very advanced vocabulary, far more than any other cat species. From what I recall, they can use up to 17 different meows to tell you want they want.

However, from my experience, two sounds is all cats need: One to ask for food and one to tell you to get out of their face!

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2009, 05:46:51 AM »
Siamese cats are awesome. Fucker can out talk me.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2009, 06:28:20 AM »
Firstly, I hate cats.  We had a cat back 10 years ago and it was a shitty little thing with no redeeming features and only came around to feed, shit and then fuck off again.  It wanted nothing to do with us, spent all night fighting and costing us vet bills and generally being an asshole, and when it died I was pleased as punch, my only regret is that I didn't off the prick myself.

However!  My kids have gone all gay on me and want a kitten for a Christmas present.  I'd rather get them a weasle or a badger or a vulture or a lemur or something cool, but kids, y'know?  Ever since the topic came up, my lady has gotten all gooey about the idea too, which pretty much means that we are committed to this fresh hell.

From my experience, kittens turn into cats, and cats live for 12 years - assuming my dogs get along with them - and so the cat we end up with better not suck this time.  If I am gonna buy a kitten for my little sawn-off savages, it has to be one that wants to be around my kids and my lady, not a half-wild bird-killing litterbox with legs.  It won't be the kids who end up feeding the thing.  

I figure that there would have to be at least a few cat-lovers amongst the more gay WFers among you, and so it would be swell all just to pieces if one of you could answer for me a few appropriately stupid questions.

1. What breeds are the most likely to be good housepets?
2. How much should I pay for one?
3. how do you know what you are getting?
4. where do you get one?
5. is this idea is stupid as I think?
6. Have I just have a really shitty cat in the past or are they all like that?

This sux.

Is this just a way to get me to admit i like cats?
doh![/color]

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2009, 07:03:42 AM »
Cats are best when marinated in honey soy and passed off as chicken :)

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2009, 09:17:01 AM »
Cats are best when marinated in honey soy and passed off as chicken :)

I dunno that avatar of yours is making me hungry.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2009, 08:10:37 PM »
Goes well with tomato, coriander and star anise