Author Topic: Boy, this sux worse  (Read 7191 times)

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
Boy, this sux worse
« on: November 20, 2009, 04:14:21 AM »
Ok, so people already were aware of my previous ordeal at the Rocket Room which resulted in me copping a $200 fine from the cops for nothing, but the security at RR have struck again.
Heaps of times I've seen them kicking people out for no good reason, but the incident I am about to regale you with is beyond a joke. On Saturday night I went to an end of year work function, so had a good feed and plenty of red wine, then a group of us got dropped into the city. Was meant to be meeting up with everyone's mate SOD at Rocket Room, so we headed there.

SOD himself was three sheets to the wind, but still coherent, but they wouldn't let him in so he caught a cab with some of the other dudes that were heading home. I went in with the others and had some more drinks. The night was getting on a bit and I was thinking I should head off soon and pondering how I should get home, over my last drink. The combination of the big meal, wine and more drinks, plus the late hour meant I was getting a bit tired, so anyone our friendly neighbourhood bouncer must have noticed me getting a bit drowsy so said it was time to leave, to which I agreed. So I was walking out, and just as I get to the doorway, he shoves me in the back and my right eye makes contact with the door frame - splitting a gash across my eyebrow and causing blood to start pissing out.

When I'd turned around and looked back the gutless fuck had disappeared back inside. At least the bar manager (who is a top bloke) came out and gave me some padding to try to stop the bleeding and was very apologetic, saying he was sorry and that it shouldn't have happened. My eye has been swollen for most of the week and the bruising is only just going, still have the gash across the eyebrow though.
Seriously, what the fuck.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Boy, this sux worse
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 04:18:16 AM »
Ive never been there, but seriously, what the fuck is wrong with that place? Why do they employee such meat head fuckwits?
Mongeese like results

Offline Evil_-_Butterfly

• WF Colonel
  • I want to be unique - just like everybody else!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 04:24:55 AM »
???

Boycott? :>

Only fools think they won't be fooled again!

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:32:29 AM »
Thats fucked Dazz, that shit just pisses me off, I fucking hate bouncers like that.
I don't like to get the cops involved but fuck, they are crossing the line and need a good old fashion bouncer bashing or at least an assault charge for that...

I wont be gigging at the Rocket Room again...

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 04:35:36 AM »
I might be working there shortly as a doorman. So i will give you the respect you deserve and figure out why this shit is happening.
What we do in our lives echoes in eternity

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
  • Ormsby Guitars and Repairs
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 05:18:46 AM »
I got kicked out once cause my missus wouldnt head off to the toilets with the bar manager (not the current one). Once the bouncers knew what was happening, I got straight back in though. Other than that we've seen nothing wrong really, and since then, we've been treated like royalty. Not saying this didnt happen Daz, and it certainly shouldnt EVER happen, but its not what Ive seen, and we go there all the time. Hopefully it was a mistaken identity, and/or a one off. After speaking to the owners, they seem to like the metal bands more than the others, even though heavier music pulls less crowds.

I will say that a couple comments from staff have been made about a certain regular metal scene kiddie that is often seen hanging around, but my attempt to have a quiet word with her about what was said one night lead to frustration, so fuck it. If she wants to make a fool of herself and attract attention to all those wearing metal shirts, well, thats her problem... and her mates.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 05:42:06 AM »
That is total balls, ive never had a problem with the security there and im usually barely coherent when im at rocket room. Sue the cunts.
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 05:44:01 AM »
The place is run by bikies IIRC. 

No wonder it's corrupt as fuck.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 05:55:02 AM »
I don't have a problem with the venue, and the bar staff are all cool, bar managers have been great to me, and most of the time haven't had a problem with the security.
However, in the past I've witnessed plenty of people get kicked out that weren't causing any problem at all and weren't let back in - both people I knew and those I didn't.

It was the bouncers that caused me to get the fine from the cops for no reason, and that time I was shoved out the door by all of them - could have easily stumbled onto the road. This time I had no qualms with them asking me to leave, it was a fair call because I was tired - but that is no reason for a cowardly shove from behind trying to be a tough guy.
If I didn't respect the venue and the bar staff I would be taking it further, but I'll be looking into them at least reprimanding who was responsible, and if there are any problems in the future then I'll definitely be taking further steps.

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 06:03:56 AM »
Hopefully it was a mistaken identity, and/or a one off.

It was mistaken identity the first time Daz got booted, how many mistaken identities do you need to realise there's something fucked about the joint.

I wont be in a hurry to go back there.

It might just be a reflection of Northbridge itself.

Offline TomC

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 06:08:57 AM »
I might be working there shortly as a doorman. So i will give you the respect you deserve and figure out why this shit is happening.

THANK YOU KIND SIR

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 06:21:15 AM »

It was mistaken identity the first time Daz got booted, how many mistaken identities do you need to realise there's something fucked about the joint.

I wont be in a hurry to go back there.

It might just be a reflection of Northbridge itself.

AGREED
HAHAHAHA

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 07:30:25 AM »
Just another reason to stay the fuck away from that shithole Northbridge.

Because 95% of the people that go there on weekend nights are shitbags, they assume everyone is a troublemaker. I'd probably be a cunt too if I had to deal with Northbridge fuckheads every night. Still no excuse to get violent with someone who is cooperating.

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 01:11:26 PM »
All I'm going to say is Fuck the Rocket Room and Fuck Northbridge.. Last time I was in Northbridge I had 2 douche bags having a go at me & I was only there for 5 minutes. Last time I was at the Rocket Room some junkie patron had a go at my girlfriend and tried to fight me for getting in the middle. When I walked out the asshole was yelling abuse at me & had his guard up waiting for a smash and the bouncer just stood there watching him like the over sized gorilla he is.

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
Fuck'n hell Daz, all the action happens when I'm at work!

I won't be back until Tuesday evening too, btw. Gotta cover the other mets shift.
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline goatlady

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • heaps bad
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »

Because 95% of the people that go there on weekend nights are shitbags, they assume everyone is a troublemaker. I'd probably be a cunt too if I had to deal with Northbridge fuckheads every night. Still no excuse to get violent with someone who is cooperating.

My other half was telling me last night about some group of venues that has got together to try and curb fucktard behaviour - I thought it was Northbridge, but it might have been somewhere else - by banning "metrosexual" wear, because the people who tend to cause trouble are the trendy cunts all dressed up for a fight. So if dudes rock up in anything Ed Hardy, they can't get in, or skin tight shirts or smart-arse tees. Pretty fucking funny. Will probably work too.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 03:16:48 PM »
I reckon you need to say something to someone in management about this shit, and threaten them with suspending all advertising via WF if you don't get an explanation and apology. 

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »
If it had happened to me, Daz, I would ensure said bouncer didnt have a job to go back to.

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 04:16:30 PM »
This happens all the time at any pub/club in Perth because as previously mentioned, these guys get bombarded with assholes everyday and assholes create more assholes. I wouldn't be surprised if they give you shit next time you go back also now. You have a pretty distinctive appearance and you've been booted twice in recent weeks.

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
  • Peace and fucking... Believe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »
I just love muscle-head bouncers. Once, after a gig (not at the Rocket Room BTW) when most people had left after closing time, a bouncer held a flick-knife at my mates throat because he was paranoid that he was "after his girlfriend". It was surreal! I had lock my mate in my car while I finished loading out  :o
The Rocket Room can't afford to piss people/bands off like this.... They should not employ a security company who is going to fuck with people purely because they are drinking/drunk. The "bonus" side of playing there is that alleyway next door is always full of scum when you're trying to load your gear out after 12.
Fraternally bound to haunt swollen distended bodies
Their chemical reactions clash amidst rank autopsies...
NH2(CH2)4NH2...Putrescine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »

My other half was telling me last night about some group of venues that has got together to try and curb fucktard behaviour - I thought it was Northbridge, but it might have been somewhere else - by banning "metrosexual" wear, because the people who tend to cause trouble are the trendy cunts all dressed up for a fight. So if dudes rock up in anything Ed Hardy, they can't get in, or skin tight shirts or smart-arse tees. Pretty fucking funny. Will probably work too.

yeah, that was in Queensland. I laughed lots when I read that story last week on the news website, and was going to post it on here for a laugh but didnt get around to it/forgot about it.
Mongeese like results

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 05:45:52 PM »
Yep, girls get it too. My workmate was refused entry to a bar in Northbridge one weekend by the same bouncer who'd tried hitting on her the week before. When she pushed the issue, he admitted to her that he would have let her in if she'd slept with him.

WHAT THE FUCK

P.S. Tom is best security!
fight like a girl club

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »
Yeah i'm not going there anymore after my walk on order from NB the other week - apparently RR has gone really suss lately, the bar manager Andre (guy with the dreads) walked out and quit a while back because there was some really fucked shit going on apparently... Not sure of the whole story but I spose its bound to happen when you're owned by bikies.

Fuck Northbridge, fuck bouncers and the police as well!!!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »

and the police as well!!!

these guys agree

Mongeese like results

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 07:30:49 PM »
Haha, Seps changing that song from Antichrist to Anticop was a complete copout. :P
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 07:43:58 PM »
Haha, Seps changing that song from Antichrist to Anticop was a complete copout. :P

nice pun :P That songs sucks too, by the way
Mongeese like results

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 02:58:35 AM »

I pretty much agree with this. Anyone's patience would be seriously tested having to bounce some of those places.

I generally stay away from Northbridge, unless there is a really good metal gig to go to.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 03:03:32 AM »
I don't mind a bit of the ol' Antichrist.

Just think it's classic the kind of music they rolled out in the early days in comparison to their tribal stuff.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 03:28:38 AM »

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 03:53:23 AM »
Daz mate, i'd be having a stern word with the management there. And someone should put them under the thumb about the mistreatment of someone who has done a lot so that in recent days so that they even have a half decent crowd at the rocket room..

On the plus side, do you still have the (pictured) eyepatch?  :cunning:

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 06:22:47 AM »
the strange thing about this, is that one of the few times i have gone to the rocket room, i started talking to the bouncer there, and he was a massive guy, probably weighed 200kgs, but he was a really nice nerdy guy, we spent about half an hour talking about computers and games.

Offline hatefueled

• WF Major
  • Hatefueled.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • hatefuled's art
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2009, 09:45:16 AM »
did you get photos of the damage daz? in case you need proof?

-Wednesday.

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2009, 02:28:31 PM »
the strange thing about this, is that one of the few times i have gone to the rocket room, i started talking to the bouncer there, and he was a massive guy, probably weighed 200kgs, but he was a really nice nerdy guy, we spent about half an hour talking about computers and games.

I know the one, we laughed at drunken guys being denied entry once. Hope it wasn't this dude who busted ya into the door Daz, he seems alright
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2009, 03:02:40 AM »
I work with a bloke who used to bounce in Scotland. Apparently there a lot if the clubs employ the same security company and they rotate the staff around. He says that none of the other bouncers at any of the clubs would talk to him for his first couple of nights. Then one night he broke up a fight and had to 'get in and throw punches' and only after that would they speak to him. Kind of like a weird 'right of passage' type deal.

Hopefully this guy just wasnt assaulting Daz to prove his worth to 'the boys'  ::)
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2009, 08:57:48 AM »

This.
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »
I hope your ok now Daz. That is really fucked. It sounds like a very cowardly act.

A few months ago me and a friend went to the RR to see Jeff Martin perform with some other band (I was lucky enough to meet up with some great WFers as well!). Anyhow, my friend has a VRO against her ex-boyfriend who magically decided to appear in the club that night. After a very small scale verbal confrentation he left us and walked away. Not long after we decided to leave. I had some to drink but was driving so I put a low limit on it. After being outside for a few minutes we thought fuck it. We won't let this cunt stop us from having a good time.

So we walk back in...She says she is going to the toilet and will meet me near the door again, then YOINK!...Guess who pulls me outside! The fucking bouncer!! He says I'm too drunk!! I produced my car keys and started laughing at him. I told him I'm driving and haven't had much to drink at all. I explained the situation with my friend. He started laughing at me and said too bad. I told him again that there was a chance he could assault her in the pub to which he replied "I don't care". Luckily she came out  several minutes later unharmed and was equally confused with the bouncers claim of me being intoxicated. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

In another incident I broke two ribs while crowdwalking at Planet Nightclub some time ago to the tune of Napalm Death. The FUCKING HUGE bouncer pulled me from the crowd by the neck and punched me directly on the ribs.

IT HURT LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!

This.

+2

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 04:19:36 PM »
Another thing, I know that clubs don't want anybody passing out/falling asleep inside, but damn bouncers get shitty at that. Ive seen bouncers get REALLY aggro at people for doing that and turn a blind eye to drunk guys yelling/staliking girls, people smashing glasses and fighting.

Get your fucking priorities right meatheads  >:(
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »
In another incident I broke two ribs while crowdwalking at Planet Nightclub some time ago to the tune of Napalm Death. The FUCKING HUGE bouncer pulled me from the crowd by the neck and punched me directly on the ribs.

IT HURT LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!

It you had stepped on my head I would of done the same thing.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 10:43:05 PM »
Hahah, I like how you made it look like Damo said that (unintentionally I assume).
;D

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 12:26:56 AM »
Yeah it was an accident, but the point still stands. I wouldn't really of cracked ribs but when you start running over peoples heads you get what you get imo.

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 12:55:38 AM »
Planet Nightclub, isn't that Billy Hydes now?

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 01:16:21 AM »
Hahah, I like how you made it look like Damo said that (unintentionally I assume).
;D
haha I had to re-read that, i was like "WTF, I wasn't even at Napalm Death" :p
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2009, 08:32:45 AM »
Almost every live venue if not EVERY live metal venue except the castle is owned by one or another criminal syndicate. From what I can tell it is pretty much the same everywhere else in the world.
Who the fuck did you guys think owned these places.

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »
Who the fuck did you guys think owned these places.

HEH HEH HEH.... according to someone i once knew it was somehow MY fucking destiny (read compelling duty) to open / operate (or at least bankroll) "the best metal club perth has ever seen".  :err:

I. THINK. FUCKING. NOT.  ..... i couldnt think of a grubbier, shittier, more vermin infested business to get into (apart from maybe being a musician). ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:29:24 PM by SOD »
HAHAHAHA