Author Topic: Perth - Great place to live?  (Read 9679 times)

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Perth - Great place to live?
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2009, 04:42:05 PM »
to me there's a whole basket of reasons shit happens in Northbridge.
One big one is, you can do just about anything you want here and get away with it.

people wouldnt fuck up so much if they had the fuckn book thrown at them.
If your in Jail you cant do much.
If your crippled to the shithouse with fines and repremands, youre gonna think twice, if you have half a brain.
which is another topic entierely.

a couple hundred bucks and a good behaviour for kicking the piss out of some dude you dont even know just isnt going to do it.

People do shit beacuse they can, simple. Simpleton's do as simpleton does.

Perth is a shitbox on so many levels, i'll take Canada any day.
I'd suggest fucking off to Canada then...

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 05:02:01 PM »
Canada is epic... Eyyyyyy (Especially Toronto, French Canada was far too confusing)..

New York is epic... Last night I was hanging out with some people on a roof top in Brooklyn, The view of the city was amazing!

Perth... Is pretty & I consider myself fortunate to be born and raised here but there is really only one place that everyone goes to for night life hence the trouble / fights.. Also if you like things that are left of center it is not really catered for in Perth..

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 06:14:03 PM »
Er, no. Total population of the countries is irrelevant when we're talking about a fixed number of adults partaking in one particular activity. We're not talking about psychopaths, we're talking about normal people who are in one place for a common reason. Whether that be 0.1% of the population or 10% of the population, it makes no difference.

Either way, those numbers kinda say the opposite of the point you're trying to get across. 10 000 out of a big total population with little to no violence compared to 10 000 people out of a small population with plenty of violence would suggest that the smaller population does have an inherent problem with violent drunken behavior.

Saying 182 people here drinking beer is a fair comparison to 10 000 people in Germany drinking beer is...inaccurate, to say the least.

And suggesting that our pissy little "Oktoberfest" at The Moon And Sixpence is in anyway comparable to the real thing in Munich suggests that you have not been there. It is quite an experience.

Population is definitely relevant. Your argument is based on the fact that 10 000 Oktoberfest patrons can get along not that 10 000 of the general public selected at random can get along. We don't have 10 000 Oktoberfest patrons in Perth so in order to get 10 000 in attendance we would be forcing people from other parts of our society to attend, thus contaminating our population sample. Of course you are right in saying whether the sample is 0.10% or 10% of the population makes no difference in regards to whether or not the person is going to be violent but only in a random sample. Your sample was not random, it was biased against those who would not attend Oktoberfest. Therefore the Perth sample cannot contain anyone who would not go either. I know that Perth Oktoberfest is not the same as the German version but you are the one who picked the scenario not me. If you want a better equivalent choose another scenario. Or we could go with violent crime statistics, an unbiased sample of the whole population?  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:19:41 PM by chantian_deanie »

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 07:49:31 PM »
to me there's a whole basket of reasons shit happens in Northbridge.
One big one is, you can do just about anything you want here and get away with it.

people wouldnt fuck up so much if they had the fuckn book thrown at them.
If your in Jail you cant do much.
If your crippled to the shithouse with fines and repremands, youre gonna think twice, if you have half a brain.
which is another topic entierely.

a couple hundred bucks and a good behaviour for kicking the piss out of some dude you dont even know just isnt going to do it.

People do shit beacuse they can, simple. Simpleton's do as simpleton does.

Perth is a shitbox on so many levels, i'll take Canada any day.
I'd suggest fucking off to Canada then...

fine!! I will then!!! :P

Er, no. Total population of the countries is irrelevant when we're talking about a fixed number of adults partaking in one particular activity. We're not talking about psychopaths, we're talking about normal people who are in one place for a common reason. Whether that be 0.1% of the population or 10% of the population, it makes no difference.

Either way, those numbers kinda say the opposite of the point you're trying to get across. 10 000 out of a big total population with little to no violence compared to 10 000 people out of a small population with plenty of violence would suggest that the smaller population does have an inherent problem with violent drunken behavior.

Saying 182 people here drinking beer is a fair comparison to 10 000 people in Germany drinking beer is...inaccurate, to say the least.

And suggesting that our pissy little "Oktoberfest" at The Moon And Sixpence is in anyway comparable to the real thing in Munich suggests that you have not been there. It is quite an experience.

Population is definitely relevant. Your argument is based on the fact that 10 000 Oktoberfest patrons can get along not that 10 000 of the general public selected at random can get along. We don't have 10 000 Oktoberfest patrons in Perth so in order to get 10 000 in attendance we would be forcing people from other parts of our society to attend, thus contaminating our population sample. Of course you are right in saying whether the sample is 0.10% or 10% of the population makes no difference in regards to whether or not the person is going to be violent but only in a random sample. Your sample was not random, it was biased against those who would not attend Oktoberfest. Therefore the Perth sample cannot contain anyone who would not go either. I know that Perth Oktoberfest is not the same as the German version but you are the one who picked the scenario not me. If you want a better equivalent choose another scenario. Or we could go with violent crime statistics, an unbiased sample of the whole population?   

there's no need to nerd out.

Offline tekilla.

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 04:21:41 AM »
I'm with you, Brenton. 2 weeks in Europe over a month ago and I still can't stop thinking about how badly I wanna move over there. Seems to be a commonality between places outside Australia that the people are actually nice!

Best part about these places is the weather though. What I'd give to live in a place that snows...

The only reason you think people are 'nicer' in Europe is because you're ignorant of the real culture and you see it from a tourist's point of view. Statistically there's way more violent crimes there than in Perth. Maybe you felt safer there but that's only because you haven't been brought up in those area's so you don't know what it's really like.

I am from Europe, and although it does have some seriously good shit going on (on the metal front that is), you do not want to move there permanently. Take my word for it.  
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:12:45 AM by tekilla. »

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 04:58:50 AM »
I'm with you, Brenton. 2 weeks in Europe over a month ago and I still can't stop thinking about how badly I wanna move over there. Seems to be a commonality between places outside Australia that the people are actually nice!

Best part about these places is the weather though. What I'd give to live in a place that snows...

The only reason you think people are 'nicer' in Europe is because you're ignorant of the real culture and you see it from a tourist's point of view. Statistically there's way more violent crimes there than in Perth. Maybe you felt safer there but that's only because you haven't been brought up in those area's so you don't know what it's really like.

I am from Europe, and although it does has some seriously good shit going on (on the metal front that is), you do not want to move there permanently. Take my word for it. 
8)

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2009, 04:23:06 PM »
left of center

I ONLY JUST NOTICED

YOU'RE ALREADY TALKING LIKE ONE OF THEM!!!!

Come back, before you start talking about "colors" and your "mom"
fight like a girl club

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2009, 04:24:58 PM »
left of center

I ONLY JUST NOTICED

you only just noticed? Its aboot time, eh?
Mongeese like results

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 12:53:20 AM »
left of center

I ONLY JUST NOTICED

No :P

This may interest you Mago it appears medical marijuana is very legal in LA.. It also appears obtaining a certificate to legally have weed "delivered" to you is easy.. There are clinics on Venice beach which are setup to evaluate whether you qualify - (everyone does - so it would seem). I've had 2 flyers given to me in the past day which have "special deals"... Crazy place.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 03:00:47 AM »
And here I thought Weeds (TV show) was glorifying medical marijuana clubs.

IT'S TRUE, IT'S ALL TRUE.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 06:20:20 AM »
Very much true, been keeping an eye on the 420 forums lately and the CA stoners are loving it.... Probably the only time in my life I've longed to be an American hahahahaha

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2009, 08:38:19 PM »
left of center

I ONLY JUST NOTICED

No :P

This may interest you Mago it appears medical marijuana is very legal in LA.. It also appears obtaining a certificate to legally have weed "delivered" to you is easy.. There are clinics on Venice beach which are setup to evaluate whether you qualify - (everyone does - so it would seem). I've had 2 flyers given to me in the past day which have "special deals"... Crazy place.

yeah, I hear they are making big changes over that way. Apparently its starting to turn the same way in Illinois.
Mongeese like results