Author Topic: Jan 9th, IGI compilation launch  (Read 14339 times)

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
Jan 9th, IGI compilation launch
« on: November 30, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »
January 9th, at the Castle. This will be the official launch gig of the IGI compilation album.

Mhorgl
Neverborn
Arkarion
The Ascent

$15 entry, with a free copy of the album. $10 without the album, and you can buy more for $10 each during the night.

To date, there are no clashes with this gig, so you've got no excuse for not turning up. Lets pack the Castle from wall to wall!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 03:05:14 AM by ironguardian »

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 9th, IGI compilation launch
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:21:21 PM »
so youre going to have the album (that you havent even got confirmed) fully ready for release for this gig?
Mongeese like results

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 11:35:16 PM »
so youre going to have the album (that you havent even got confirmed) fully ready for release for this gig?

Precisely what I was thinking - i'd leave it a month or two longer unless you want an absolute clusterfuck to occur...

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 12:13:31 AM »
Divine intervention will apply I assume!
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 12:33:11 AM »
He has the bands for the compilation, I think he means the line up for the gig needs to be confirmed  8)

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 12:52:24 AM »
He has the bands for the compilation, I think he means the line up for the gig needs to be confirmed  8)

even still, gotta get the CD's recorded, pressed and all that jazz. Cutting it fine
Mongeese like results

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 01:01:37 AM »
He has it sussed.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 08:00:30 AM »

As long as everything goes according to plan, it'll be ready in time. The album track list will be confirmed by the end of the week, then it's just a matter of putting the artwork together and getting it pressed. It will be tight, but there wont be any significant improvements by waiting another month, and it's been set back enough as it is already.

I can understand your concerns though, but the timeframe we're working to is feasible.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 03:32:51 PM »

As long as everything goes according to plan, it'll be ready in time. The album track list will be confirmed by the end of the week, then it's just a matter of putting the artwork together and getting it pressed. It will be tight, but there wont be any significant improvements by waiting another month, and it's been set back enough as it is already.

I can understand your concerns though, but the timeframe we're working to is feasible.

good to hear man. Best of luck.  :headbang:
Mongeese like results

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »
Good onya Ironguardian, which bands are confirmed?

Offline Tittiesandbeer

• WF Colonel
  • Grog On
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 07:54:45 PM »
which pressing company r u using?
id double check first to make sure they arent closing down over xmas period.
as of course a lot of places do.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »
which pressing company r u using?
as of course a lot of places do.

that was one of my concerns.
Mongeese like results

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 03:56:06 AM »

I've gotten in touch with them, and although their main office closes down over Xmas, their factory doesn't, so as long as it's all given to them before the 25th, it'll be ready by the 9th.

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 04:36:40 AM »
Good stuff. Looking forward to the launch.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 06:06:47 AM »
Oh to have concerns! So grown up!

Is that factory in Pakistan or something?

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 03:30:02 PM »
Matt you fucking twat, just for once in your unpleasant little life try to shut the fuck up, huh?  Give the guy a break.

I'm gonna get a barrage of shit for this, but I don't give a fuck.   I don't get you lot at all, what is with the constant criticism of Rowland and Iron Guardian?  He puts on heaps of gigs, creates compilations, works his arse off and yet you clowns just keep at him.  Is it his religious views?  If so, then deal with it.  He aint exactly a conventional Christian here, now is he?  He aint bible-bashing or judging anyone, he even turns a blind eye to bands which have lyrics that have to offend his beliefs, beyond that he even PROMOTES these bands.  Somehow that aint enough for you guys, you gotta keep digging at his confidence and fucking with his shit, and piling smites onto his online reputation.  He doesn't deserve this shit, and his resilience to all this assholery has proven that he is a tougher person than 90% of you, me included.  It takes balls write the lyrics you believe in when you know that gaggles of fucktarts are just champing at the bit to run you down, doubt I would have that sort of mental toughness.  He is a Metalhead, and one of US, not some pulpit princess.  With this compilation, he is trying to accomplish something that several of us have tried to do and failed, and doing it well I reckon.  It will have cost him plenty to do so, and the organisation behind something like this must be a real headfuck too, but he keeps on plugging away.  Since he never defends himself and just lets you keep on fucking him over,  I volunteer to be the one to tell you all that it aint cool, it's fucking weak as piss, and you should go fuck yourselves. 

No fucking respect.    >:(

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 03:32:50 PM »
Rowland and Paula 'hatefueled' earn Anger Managements horns up for constantly putting on gigs, well done guys your hard work is appreciated  :headbang: :headbang:
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 03:53:23 PM »
Matt you fucking twat, just for once in your unpleasant little life try to shut the fuck up, huh?  Give the guy a break.

I'm gonna get a barrage of shit for this, but I don't give a fuck.   I don't get you lot at all, what is with the constant criticism of Rowland and Iron Guardian?  He puts on heaps of gigs, creates compilations, works his arse off and yet you clowns just keep at him.  Is it his religious views?  If so, then deal with it.  He aint exactly a conventional Christian here, now is he?  He aint bible-bashing or judging anyone, he even turns a blind eye to bands which have lyrics that have to offend his beliefs, beyond that he even PROMOTES these bands.  Somehow that aint enough for you guys, you gotta keep digging at his confidence and fucking with his shit, and piling smites onto his online reputation.  He doesn't deserve this shit, and his resilience to all this assholery has proven that he is a tougher person than 90% of you, me included.  It takes balls write the lyrics you believe in when you know that gaggles of fucktarts are just champing at the bit to run you down, doubt I would have that sort of mental toughness.  He is a Metalhead, and one of US, not some pulpit princess.  With this compilation, he is trying to accomplish something that several of us have tried to do and failed, and doing it well I reckon.  It will have cost him plenty to do so, and the organisation behind something like this must be a real headfuck too, but he keeps on plugging away.  Since he never defends himself and just lets you keep on fucking him over,  I volunteer to be the one to tell you all that it aint cool, it's fucking weak as piss, and you should go fuck yourselves.  

No fucking respect.    >:(
I've been thinking the same, If you hadn't have typed this Jezz it was going to be me very shortly. He has constantly been given shit and ignored it, he's the first person to actually go through with a compilation and not just talk about it, he's professional at what he does (as you can tell when he sends out forms etc for gigs and the application for this compilation) and a top bloke. He is young but done far more for the metal scene than most. Never does he put forward his religious views unless asked, and when he does it's always an intelligent response. I don't get it either.

'LEAVE THE KID ALONE'

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:57:10 PM by Dementor »

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »
I don't think my post was disrespectful and I've never had a go at him on here before... Was merely suggesting that it might not be such a good idea to cut it so fine on the pressings, seen sooo many bands wind up having no CD's for their launch or having the CD's delivered in the 11th hour so I just didn't want to see the same happen with this.

Guess i'll keep my suggestions to myself in future.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »
Matt you fucking twat, just for once in your unpleasant little life try to shut the fuck up, huh?  Give the guy a break.

I'm gonna get a barrage of shit for this, but I don't give a fuck.   I don't get you lot at all, what is with the constant criticism of Rowland and Iron Guardian?  He puts on heaps of gigs, creates compilations, works his arse off and yet you clowns just keep at him.  Is it his religious views?  If so, then deal with it.  He aint exactly a conventional Christian here, now is he?  He aint bible-bashing or judging anyone, he even turns a blind eye to bands which have lyrics that have to offend his beliefs, beyond that he even PROMOTES these bands.  Somehow that aint enough for you guys, you gotta keep digging at his confidence and fucking with his shit, and piling smites onto his online reputation.  He doesn't deserve this shit, and his resilience to all this assholery has proven that he is a tougher person than 90% of you, me included.  It takes balls write the lyrics you believe in when you know that gaggles of fucktarts are just champing at the bit to run you down, doubt I would have that sort of mental toughness.  He is a Metalhead, and one of US, not some pulpit princess.  With this compilation, he is trying to accomplish something that several of us have tried to do and failed, and doing it well I reckon.  It will have cost him plenty to do so, and the organisation behind something like this must be a real headfuck too, but he keeps on plugging away.  Since he never defends himself and just lets you keep on fucking him over,  I volunteer to be the one to tell you all that it aint cool, it's fucking weak as piss, and you should go fuck yourselves. 

No fucking respect.    >:(

Is that seriously in response to me saying Mago_Haydz having concerns is so grown up, and that the factory is in Pakistan? Seems to me you've had this rant lined up for quite some time, because neither of those comments were offensive to him at all.

I for one believe good old ironguardian isn't stupid enough to take anything I say seriously, so why are you being so silly?

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »

Is that seriously in response to me saying Mago_Haydz having concerns is so grown up,

that was directed at me? It didnt seem so...

Anyway, I wasnt having a go at Rowly-boy - it just seemed that this had barely got off the ground when all of a sudden we have a date for the launch.... maybe had this not been a complete failure the last few times people tried to get it off the ground I wouldnt have had my doubts. I say best of luck to him - he is doing a great job. For the record, I have never smited him... fuck knows how he ended up 600 in the red.
Mongeese like results

Offline Merlok

• WF Colonel
  • Keep the metal faith alive!! - Chuck Schuldiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »

:headbang: horns from me as well, been to few of his gigs and used is online store a bit  :headbang:

keep up the fuking great work  :clap:

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 05:35:59 PM »

Is that seriously in response to me saying Mago_Haydz having concerns is so grown up,
that was directed at me? It didnt seem so...

Yeah it was, not sure what else it could apply to! I just can't be bothered using the quote button most of the time.

I've literally never once used the hail/smite buttons so it ain't me doing it either.

My money's on a black metal fan. :D

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 07:45:01 PM »
I don't think my post was disrespectful and I've never had a go at him on here before... Was merely suggesting that it might not be such a good idea to cut it so fine on the pressings, seen sooo many bands wind up having no CD's for their launch or having the CD's delivered in the 11th hour so I just didn't want to see the same happen with this.

Guess i'll keep my suggestions to myself in future.
Hahahaha oops, this wasn't about you at all, the truth is that I was half-asleep attacking Nihilist, thus the reference to "unpleasant".   ;D  I think you are pretty even-handed generally, my apologies for the misunderstanding.   :-[

Besides, my rant wasn't about anyone in particular, just a blanket complaint about a general injustice that has been festering in my head for a while and his post just set me off.  For THAT I have no apologies.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:48:09 PM by Catalyst »

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 08:08:06 PM »

Is that seriously in response to me saying Mago_Haydz having concerns is so grown up, and that the factory is in Pakistan? Seems to me you've had this rant lined up for quite some time, because neither of those comments were offensive to him at all.

Fair call, and yep it was an overreaction.  It's just the negativity levelled at everything he does is getting to me.  Nothing personal, faggot.  :D