Author Topic: Jan 9th, IGI compilation launch  (Read 14338 times)

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
Re: Jan 9th, IGI compilation launch
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2010, 03:53:05 AM »
Neverborn were great altho I think Jez picked the wrong instrument to play. Should have played guitar instead of keyboard. Or better yet learn guitar and then alternate between guitar and keyboards.
I can play guitars, I'm just not that good anymore, In fact I'm fucking terrible.   But after all the technical problems onstage last night with my keyboards cutting out of the mix I should maybe consider it.  First one of the DI boxes was intermittant, and then my pedals kept vibrating loose on the wobbly Castle stage.  Meh, you were all too drunk to care.   ;D 

Mhorgl were awesome.
Yeah, the first couple of gigs I saw them I was critical of them, but the last three gigs I have been much more impressed, and last night they were killer, really nasty sounding. 

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2010, 04:04:02 AM »
What was the turn out like?

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:05 AM »
The turnout was fairly good. But I think the castle curse started to strick when Mhorgl were playing.
Pretty hilarious how my drinking glass broke when I clicked mine with Trease's glass. But I think my glass was already weaken'd from comming out of the hot dishwasher and having ice put into it for a drink. Dramatic temperature changes is what makes glass shatter or crack easily.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:19:08 AM by Nosaj »

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2010, 06:22:20 AM »
Thanks for the info.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2010, 06:26:02 AM »
You are welcome. :)

Offline Khariot_G

• WF Colonel
  • Six-Stringer, Doom Bringer
    • View Profile
    • Khariot
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2010, 07:01:57 AM »
Looking forward to hearing The Ascent live, their song on the compilation is really good. 
Still waiting on the rest of your review...

still waiting to hear your review of the Khariot track...  ;D

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2010, 08:45:12 AM »
I was thinking that it might be an idea if you wanted to bring some copies to our CD launch.

That would be awesome. I also need to pick up some more copies of your first two albums, I seem to have given away my own copies!

What was the turn out like?
Nearly 100 people turned up, and 40 copies of the album were sold. Not bad for it's first day.

Offline littlewing

• WF Major
  • Trease, have a cone and shut the fuck up
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »
The turnout was fairly good. But I think the castle curse started to strick when Mhorgl were playing.
Pretty hilarious how my drinking glass broke when I clicked mine with Trease's glass. But I think my glass was already weaken'd from comming out of the hot dishwasher and having ice put into it for a drink. Dramatic temperature changes is what makes glass shatter or crack easily.

Ah shit I'd forgotten about that! hahahaha
Quick! Make a sound like a dying giraffe!

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »

See Trease, the standard way to clink glasses is to moderately tap the rim of your glass against the top edge of the other person's glass. Not, as I observed, to aggressively slam the thick base of your glass into the fragile thin rim of the 'victims' glass.  ;D
Poor old Jase, having to scull back the rest of his drink filled with shards of glass. Lucky his years of bernie's kebabs, ziggy's pizza, peters by the sea and other assorted buckets o' meat has given him a cast iron stomach.
 8)

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »
Having flogged this compilation CD pretty hard this last week, I wanted to say that a couple of songs have real grown on me.  The songs by Archaic and Advent Sorrow in particular take a couple of listens but are really cranking tracks, Advent Sorrow has some sweet and inventive keyboard licks hidden in the mix too.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2010, 06:57:00 AM »

See Trease, the standard way to clink glasses is to moderately tap the rim of your glass against the top edge of the other person's glass. Not, as I observed, to aggressively slam the thick base of your glass into the fragile thin rim of the 'victims' glass.  ;D
Poor old Jase, having to scull back the rest of his drink filled with shards of glass. Lucky his years of bernie's kebabs, ziggy's pizza, peters by the sea and other assorted buckets o' meat has given him a cast iron stomach.
 8)
I don't go to peters by the sea anymore. Don't even need to go to city kebabs for a bucket of meat, cos the one in northbridge does it too. Also Ziggys in no more. But newer and better pizza places have cropped up. Also Daz you forgot to add years of fishing and drinking baileys to that list.

But to point something out I have never drunk baileys while I was actualy out fishing. Altho when I went back to the caravan I did have a drink of baileys then.

Offline MetalMoe

• WF Major
  • BAIT IT, CAST IT, SNAG IT, STUFF IT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2010, 04:49:08 AM »
Is it possible to get this compilation album via mailorder :hmm: or what would be the best way to get hold of it?
BEER'N'BUNDY'N'BROOME
IF ITS TOURIST SEASON WHY CAN'T WE SHOOT THEM?

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »
Is it possible to get this compilation album via mailorder :hmm: or what would be the best way to get hold of it?

Just search google for Opertation Metal Storm  ;D

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2010, 03:42:39 AM »

www.ironguardianindustries.com

You can get copies from there or through me directly. The online store is easy enough to use if you've got paypal or an Aussie bank account.