Author Topic: Cheers  (Read 6416 times)

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
Re: Cheers
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 02:21:54 AM »
Tis true, but I'll take a $35 carton of Haagen over a $40 carton of Swan Draught any day. You know beer prices are getting out of hand when a carton of super approaches the $40 mark.

That's why I make my own beer!

I just made myself a Bavarian wheat beer with all the extra trimmings (well some of the extra trimmings). Only problem is I have to wait at least a month for it to be ready!

Offline Jimmy_Mate

• WF Colonel
  • J000000
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 02:27:56 AM »
Tis true, but I'll take a $35 carton of Haagen over a $40 carton of Swan Draught any day. You know beer prices are getting out of hand when a carton of super approaches the $40 mark.

HAHA when you put it like that, absolutely. I cant argue that the price of booze here is outrageous ..... even for SHIIIIIT :/

That's why I make my own beer!

I just made myself a Bavarian wheat beer with all the extra trimmings (well some of the extra trimmings). Only problem is I have to wait at least a month for it to be ready!

Nice one - save me a bottle mate! ;D
HAHAHAHA

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 02:33:34 AM »
I just gotta make sure that pesky housemate of mine doesn't get to them before they've matured appropriately!

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 02:40:37 AM »
I love the irony in the name of the James Squires pub that just opened on Murray St. "The Generous Squire's" or something like that. $10 for a pint of domestic beer is not very generous at all.

Their food sucks too, in case anyone is interested.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 03:05:35 AM »
If you want to save some cash, skip the pub & get down to the international beer shop in west leederville. Best selection of kick ass beer ever.
One of the best beers I have ever had I get from there & it is Australian. Not West Aussie though. The company is Holgate, they make awesome brews.
As for honey being shit in beer, I disagree. Honey mead is fucking unreal. My brother has 4 bee hives in Qld & is brewing some now. Will have it perfected by the time I go visit him hahaha.

Offline Dementor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 03:57:29 AM »
Anyone heard of www.boozle.com.au/ you type in your postcode and what you drink and it brings up all the specials in your area. Pretty handy...

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 05:18:36 AM »
I find boozle pretty hit and miss/always forget to check.

What made me laugh (and nearly cry) was going into liquourland yesterday and seeing Cartlon Cold ON SPECIAL for 40 dollars....what the fuck that used to be a last resort 16 yr old omg we only have 29 dollars what the hell carton of beer.  :err:

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 05:26:58 AM »
Had a place near my house that did VB cartons for $31 for years, then they put them up to $38 out of nowhere. Considering burning it down.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 05:47:16 AM »
I work at liquorland and we charge $44 for a block of export and 50 for a block of VB, probably nothing to do with coles themselves but still i do everything in my power to bring the company down from the inside
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 06:01:36 AM »
I saw a carton of Carlton Colds for $30.. I'd still rather pay more for export. Colds is the shittest beer going around
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 06:40:50 AM »
The Pale Ale from Billabong brewery is pretty good. About time they started bringing some beer out to the public.

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2009, 08:23:14 AM »
Billabong Brewery has some really good beers, I quite like the ginger beer even though I'm not a fan of ginger beer in general. The pale ales are quite good as well. Billabong make gluten free beers as well, so if you're a celiac and can't eat wheat or anything gluten, Billabong is awesome. A carton is expensive though. I bought my carton of Billabong Pale Ale from Cellarbrations in Kardinya.

Beer out in pubs in general is pretty expensive, I work in a hotel bar and charging $9 for a stubby of other local or import beers and $9 a pint for the draft beers is pretty ridiculous. Beez Neez is actually better on tap than from the stubby, but still not very good. It is overrated and there are much better beers around.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 08:26:20 AM »
Welcome to Western Australia. As you can probably tell, there's fuck all else to do here, so all we do is drink and talk about drinking, as fairly clearly indicated in this thread.

Bottoms up :D

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 08:30:20 AM »
I even drink at work!
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 04:15:04 AM »
I saw a carton of Carlton Colds for $30.. I'd still rather pay more for export. Colds is the shittest beer going around

I'll take the export, thanks!