Author Topic: UFC 110.  (Read 6556 times)

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
Re: UFC 110.
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 04:58:07 AM »
Chuck & Tito are 2 of my favourites. Chuck for his awesome standup game & Tito for his ground & pound. Tito does look robotic in the standup,his ground & pound is fucking vicious. The reason why he held the belt for sooooo long when he had it. A busted spine fucked him tho. That is why I am waiting to see if he truly is back in form. If so then this should be one of the best fights ever.
Chuck is one vicious fucking striker. LETS GET IT ON.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 05:12:34 AM »
The beauty of Tito is that you either love him or you hate him. Either way, you want to watch his fights.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline BlackDeath

• SUPREME LEGION Operative
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • SUPREME LEGION FaceBook Page
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 02:25:44 AM »
So, who watched this?

Had Cro Cop picked to win from the start, Perosh didn't seem that confident but props to him for trying to fight on after having his forehead busted open.

Originally had Gardine as favorite to win his fight although he got tired and sloppy, Bader caught him off guard and put him down.

Stevenson Vs Sotiropoulos was one of the highlights of the event...while there was less brawling, George looked sharp and dominated Joe with his grappling, all the while the crowd getting behind the Aussie...look forward to seeing more of his fights in the future.

With Bisping coming out strong and Silva's shots a bit off, I thought the Brit was going to win...while he managed to hold off from being choked out in the last seconds of the second round, Wanderlei then landed a flurry of wild punches to keep on top and win by unanimous decision.

The main event seemed like a pretty even match with both fighters trading heavy shots...then Velasquez rocked Nogueira, knocking his arse out 2 minutes and 20 seconds into the first round.

Pretty decent event...judging by the sell out crowd and their reception, future UFC events in Australia look quite promising...according to Dana White in the post-fight press conference, they're looking at Melbourne for the next event.
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 06:02:31 AM »
So good to see an actual UFC event in full rather than watching fights on youtube or UFC wired. I thought the decision in Soszynski vs Bonnar was terrible, how someone could win after a headbutt (accidental or not) is beyond me. I also didn't expect Silva vs Bisping to go the distance. But Velasquez knocking out Nog in the first round was a huge surprise. Could be that Nogs getting a little rusty with age.

Offline Khariot_G

• WF Colonel
  • Six-Stringer, Doom Bringer
    • View Profile
    • Khariot
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 06:11:58 AM »
So, who watched this?

Originally had Gardine as favorite to win his fight although he got tired and sloppy, Bader caught him off guard and put him down.

Stevenson Vs Sotiropoulos was one of the highlights of the event...while there was less brawling, George looked sharp and dominated Joe with his grappling, all the while the crowd getting behind the Aussie...look forward to seeing more of his fights in the future.

Sotiropoulos match was freakin awes, the other guy just looked like he was worried and/or crying the whole time. go George!!!!!!!!!!

i was disappointed with the Gardine/Bader match though... Bader got a lucky break due to good technical style... it didnt even look like a KO (just a muffled "wtf?") punch, but on the instant replay, Gardines leg was fully underneath him... so...
fuck.

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 06:23:56 AM »
Fuckn awesome fights all round.
I suspected the main card was gonna end in tears badly I just didn't know who. Short but brutal !

Offline Khariot_G

• WF Colonel
  • Six-Stringer, Doom Bringer
    • View Profile
    • Khariot
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 06:35:01 AM »
the only thing i dislike about UFC is when both fighters are aiming for submission moves and theres 1 1/2 minutes of fight and walkin in circles, then the rest being boring wrestling

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 06:54:31 AM »
Had Cro Cop picked to win from the start, Perosh didn't seem that confident but props to him for trying to fight on after having his forehead busted open.

I missed it, was it a classic Cro Cop head kick take down?
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
  • Invite the Darkside In....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »

I just think it's great he's shut everyone up when he crushed Mir's head like a coconut.

I'd venture it's harder to crush a coconut than a head.  Those things are fricken solid!
Conquest is made from the ashes of ones enemies...

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »
Insanely good fights, including the prelims.

Was fucking amazing to be there live, especially for George's fight (which he totally dominated... he's going places!), and James Te-Huna's fight on the undercard got the second biggest reception.

I've now fulfilled at least one of my life dreams, in that I saw Cro Cop destroy someone's face. Even if it wasn't with a head kick. Though I thought the people around me were going to knock my block off when I kept on screaming out for Cro Cop to kill a guy from Sydney. "LEFT LEG CEMETARY!"

Lead up videos to Velasquez vs. Minotauro fight was interesting... "He's just so hard to stop." I was sitting there thinking... oh yeah.. except for when Frank Mir of all people knocked him out in his last fight...? Might be time to hang up your boots Big Nog and let Little Nog take over.

Bisping being mocked was hilarious, seeing as he expected support, and he reckons he won the first two rounds, I call bullshit on that.

I spent all of Bader's fight whining about how he's a boring cunt, but his knockout ended up being pretty entertaining. I think that might be the end of Jardine's contract.

Lytle's submission looked brutal, going to download the fight now to see it close-up. :D

Interesting couple of fights in and around the train station afterwards too, in case the professionals weren't entertaining enough.

Melbourne is on the cards for next year... but only if they can get laws changed as MMA is currently illegal in Melbourne (in particular they have a problem with using elbows).

Totally worth the money! Now to pay off the debts I incurred and do it again next year.

Offline Manny

• WF Colonel
  • Heavy Metal is the Law
    • View Profile
    • EVOLUTION MACHINE
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 07:06:19 PM »
Slightly off topic....but this is coming up in Perth. Great line up, with the biggest name in Aust Muay Thai coming to fight right here in Perth.

Evolution Machine                      Noisy Pixels Photography

Offline BlackDeath

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 05:28:39 AM »
I saw promos for this (^) during the short ad breaks.

Think I also saw the one for the new UFC: Undisputed 2010 video game...about 100 times, fuck...  :wall:

Kind of surprised not to have seen Sotiropoulos, or the event for that matter, featured in the sports pages or that as yet (although I admittedly haven't looked that hard)...interested to see what the ratings were as well, hope the next event will be free-to-air on One HD again.
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 06:08:58 AM »
By next event do you mean UFC 111? 'Cause that sure as shit won't happen. Even the US only gets 2 prelim fights aired live, the rest is pay per view.

They are starting a new promotion called "UFC LIVE", first one is in March, which is free to air (similar to the Fight Nights I guess). Though that would probably air on FUEL TV on Foxtel, like the Fight Nights currently do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_LIVE:_Vera_vs._Jones

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 06:45:43 AM »
Was there gratuitous "BUD LITE THE DIFFERENCE IS DRINKABILITY" segues throughout the event?
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline BlackDeath

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 07:47:02 AM »
By next event do you mean UFC 111? 'Cause that sure as shit won't happen. Even the US only gets 2 prelim fights aired live, the rest is pay per view.

No, I was referring to the next event held in Australia, in Melbourne next year for example. In the post event press conference, one of the journalists asked Dana about 110 being broadcast on free-to-air One HD and he went on to confirm it was to more widely promote the UFC and cement a solid fan base here. I'm hoping they continue with it again next time as the UFC seemed pretty impressed with the Aussies' enthusiasm, although obviously it already has a decent following in Australia, so I am doubtful.

Offline MalignantlyGrotesque

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 11:07:18 PM »
Was fucking amazing to be there live, especially for George's fight (which he totally dominated... he's going places!), and James Te-Huna's fight on the undercard got the second biggest reception.

Interesting couple of fights in and around the train station afterwards too, in case the professionals weren't entertaining enough.

I was there live as well and i don't think i have heard a crowd that loud ever. They were going fucking nuts.
Plus the majority of the fans seemed to know about the ground game as well. Cheering every time George went for a sub attempt.
Apparently people watching on TV couldn't hear Stevensons corner man during the round breaks.

George stepped up big time, i wasn't sure if he was going to pull it off but i was rooting for him. I won $30 on sportsbet on him with good odds.

Cain knocking out Big Nog was a surprise.
Bisping getting owned was hilarious.

I got the fuck out of there after it finished but it's quite obvious people act like fuckheads when they put on their Tapout, Affliction shirts. I am not surprised there was fights after.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 11:15:14 PM »
I downloaded it too (a shameless attempt to try and spot myself in the crowd.. and to see just what Lytle did to Brian Foster's knee.. ouch).

You're right about the crowd, it was crazy to be there. I think the only time I've heard louder UFC crowds when watching the PPV was the first time GSP fought in Canada, and that's because there was twice as many in their arena. The commentators on the coverage commented every 5 minutes on how nuts we were going.