Author Topic: Neverborn "Decimator" Album Launch 23rd January  (Read 17474 times)

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
Re: Neverborn "Decimator" Album Launch 23rd January
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 05:54:10 AM »
Well I have to insist I thought it went very well, not a bad effort on Jez's part.
Lets use an example to compare...

Mille Petrozza                              Jez

Mental State at time of Interview               In a world of 1                             Stoned
Interview Breakdown                                9 mins on mic                         15mins on mic
Chat time off-air                                       30-40 secs                              30-40 minutes
Difficulty of Interview                        Required constant prodding       Interviewed himself basically
Swearing on Mic                                         Not Much                                 None

I'll take Jez anyday!! Take that Petrozza   :rofl: :raspberry:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:57:35 AM by The Usurper »

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 08:30:59 AM »
I had to go and swear myself into a state of near paralysis after that interview, never gone that long without saying fuck before.

Offline BoltZ

• WF Major
  • Bass EnforcEr
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2010, 07:13:02 PM »
Set times

8.20   -  8.50      Sins Of The Father
9.10   -  9.40      Pale As Ashes
10.00 - 10.40      Gallows For Grace
11.00 - 11.40      Enforce
12.00 - 12.50      Neverborn

Looking forward to this, especially after seeing the pics from Neverborn's last launch and thinking, "Geez, i shoulda gone to that one!"

"Enforce kills everyone"
 - Lord Worm (!)

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2010, 10:48:01 PM »
Slight change in set times since yesterday mate.

10.00 - 10.30      Gallows For Grace
10.50 - 11.30      Enforce
11.50 - 12.40      Neverborn

At least, I think so...

I just wanna thank Sins of da Fadda for their willingness to open for us at such an early time.  Someone had to open, and it is a reflection on their work ethic that they are doing it without pecking order issues.  
Get there early and give them some support you pack of demotivated fuckpuddles.  
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:30:36 PM by Catalyst »

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2010, 06:17:47 AM »
I will be there EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2010, 05:11:57 PM »
Slight change in set times since yesterday mate.

10.00 - 10.30      Gallows For Grace
10.50 - 11.30      Enforce
11.50 - 12.40      Neverborn

At least, I think so...

I just wanna thank Sins of da Fadda for their willingness to open for us at such an early time.  Someone had to open, and it is a reflection on their work ethic that they are doing it without pecking order issues.  
Get there early and give them some support you pack of demotivated fuckpuddles.  
That is unofficial times. It is rumoured that Gallows generally play a 30 min set, if they do then things will be moved forward (assuming no other delays)

Offline BoltZ

• WF Major
  • Bass EnforcEr
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2010, 06:31:43 PM »
My bad; a few people have been asking me about the set times, and i posted it up and directed them to the site..

"Enforce kills everyone"
 - Lord Worm (!)

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2010, 02:31:01 AM »
My bad; a few people have been asking me about the set times, and i posted it up and directed them to the site..
Nah, you're all good.. it is Jez that is the bad one.
 ;D

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2010, 03:08:51 AM »
After a whole heap of fucking fuckarounds from the chicks who were gonna get up and give us a bit of a show on Saturday, it may not happen now.  Fuckingfuckfuckfuckingfuck.  If anyone knows a crazy and very hot chick or two who want to get up onstage and act like twits, let me know their details and how much they would want to do something unrehearsed and foolish for our sick amusement.  The club has a no tits out rule, so it would be skimpy stuff at best.

If not, you will be forced to look at my tits only.   :sick:

Offline PremierMaelstrom

• WF Colonel
  • PROGRESS
    • View Profile
    • NeXuS - just fucking metal
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2010, 05:06:57 AM »
Better than none at all.
It all catches up on you when you slow down ...

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2010, 06:56:33 AM »
Better than none at all.

Hmmm, that's debatable...

Offline Sins Of The Father

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2010, 07:10:47 AM »
Dude if you have the funds why not ring up club 316 and ask if a couple ladies want to earn a bit of honest cash... :-\

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »
There is spending a few bucks to make a show more exciting, and there is throwing cash straight down the shitter.  I am cool with plan A, but proffessionals just cost too fucking much and demand dress rehearsals we can't give them.

Damn it.  Me wantee Boobys. 

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2010, 04:10:10 PM »
I'd come and get naked again for you guys, but already booked  :P
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2010, 04:33:03 PM »
Booked into Fat Camp you mean?   ;D

Well, the night is finally upon us, the launch of the CD we began writing over 3 years ago, and have been waiting impatiently to launch it for what seems like forever.  Every step of the way to create this album the way we wanted has been a fight, bloated with delays and raw with debate, from the opening second of the music to the artwork it has been a true collaberation between all members, the first album we have done where all the boys contributed to the writing instead of just reworking material I have brought to them.  Sometimes that has caused tension, even fights over disparate views, but we got through the entire process as a band, and not too many bands can say that.  It is a testament to the belief we all have in this band and this album, and I want the young guys in the band to know that this is the best album I have ever been a part of making and they should be proud.  I am proud of them all.

Those who have heard "Decimator" tell us they are blown away, and I hope that's true, because we have all bled to make it.  It is angry and sorrowful, frantic and irrational, melodic and violent, everything that we love about metal, and we have written it so it can be performed live.  REAL live, not just playing along to backing music.  This album is the distilled escence of Neverborn, in all it's poisonous glory, and we hope you all love it.  

See you there tonight.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:26:36 PM by Catalyst »

Offline Dylz

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • Nexus Myspace
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2010, 09:04:49 PM »
we got through the entire process as a band, and not too many bands can say that.  

Too True! Nexus got through making The Paradise Complex as a goat.  :-[

Well done dudes. Can't wait to hear the album and look forward to the gig TONIGHT!

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
Excellent show boys, I had a bunch of fun! New album sounded great in the car on the way home.

Enforce played a brutal set, and Sins were the heaviest I'd ever heard them. I didn't hear much of Pale as Ashes of Gallows, so can't really comment, but what I did hear was good.

I rather liked the venue, although with the massive number of staff they had working, I can see why they'd need to pack the place to make it worth them even opening the doors!

Awesome dancing Dylz  8)

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
  • Over worked and under fucked
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »
although with the massive number of staff they had working,

Did they put more than 2 bar tenders on this time so you could actually get a drink?

Offline goatlady

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • heaps bad
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »
Great night guys, had a blast despite having been awake since 5.30am  :headbang:

Does anyone know how many peeps turned out? I kinda guestimated about 100-120 at the beginning of Enforce's set...

The venue's orright, but what's with the sound? It was freaking terrible for most of the bands...

Offline Sins Of The Father

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
around 150 people.

Cheers Rowls for the kind words!

Indeed sound was pretty bollocky, Sins had a few gliches aswell, snare breaking and my amp cutting out  >:(

The lighting was pretty frigging cool though, and each band tore up the stage, Neverborn and guest vocalists songs were cool as fuck.

Other than that had a pretty killer night got maggot as fuck and sins and a few neverborn and gallows crue and friends partied hard until..
now actually, still drinking, was at dan murphies this morning as soon as doors opened.

Cheers to all who made it down super early !!

Offline Dylz

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • Nexus Myspace
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2010, 08:54:54 PM »
good show
fuck, my head hurts

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2010, 09:46:21 PM »
Well considering I didn't think I was going to make this gig. As it turned out I was able to make it just before Enforce. Was great apart from the sound but I think the sound has always been shit at that venue. The drinks were good too. The glasses were huge, the way it should be.

The only lowlight of the night was when some dickhead taxi passenger gave me the finger for no real reason. While I was on my way to the kebabshop. That pisses me off.
1. Did nothing to deserve that for a start.
2. I was walking,he was in the taxi. So he knew he could get away with it. Fuckin Coward.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:52:12 PM by Nosaj »

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
You seem a bit wound up for just "the finger". Sure he didn't stick it in your arse too or something?
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2010, 01:40:01 AM »
It was 200 through the door, 150 payers.  A reasonably good crowd, although well below our hopes.  After paying for the hire of the club, the complete sound system and the mixer we are left with almost nothing from the door, what we have we will be throwing to the other bands as a poor reward for a good performance.  Once you factor in the contruction of props, free promo CDs and all the rest of the hidden costs, we are well in the red, and that doesn't include the thousands we have outlaid for merch.
So speaking from a business side of things, that gig was a wash-out.

On the flipside of the coin, the gig itself was great.  The parts of the performances the bands put on that I DID see were top-notch, and the changovers were fast and professional.  Sins sounded really heavy last night and we thank them for their willingness to get us off to an good start.  Pale as Ashes I missed altogether, but I am told they were good.  Gallows were the usual melting pot of technical mayhem and technical meltdowns, Dave's verbal blasts at the mixer a notable highlight for those who were finding the mix to be questionable.  Enforce were - as always - a high speed assualt on the ears and a pleasure to watch.
 We Neverboners were pleased at the number of you guys who hung around right to the end of our set and witnessed the antics, our new songs, and the definately unscripted moments of hilarity and in one case, gay-as-fuckness.  All the boys who got up on the stage and joined us on vocals were great, and Guy's shred during one of our songs was just priceless.  Shit, I even mananged to pull off my first ever keytar solo, another moment of gayness.  The response we got was great and we thank you for giving our new album a good kickoff.

And finally, special thanks to Daz, who spent countless hours on the phone, at the venue and everywhere inbetween over the last 40 days doing all in his power to make this gig a success.  He organised everything from the sound system to the contract negotiations, and the gig would not have happened at all if it weren't for him.  Even more impressive was the fact that due to the costs of the gig and the lack of returns, he insisted on taking nothing back to recoup his costs, insisting that the pittance left over go to our mates from the other bands.  He is tireless in his support for the band and the local metal scene, and we are very grateful.  GO DAZZZ!!

Now if you don't mind, I am going to go and sleep for a week.   

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2010, 06:02:09 AM »
Great night guys, had a blast despite having been awake since 5.30am  :headbang:

Does anyone know how many peeps turned out? I kinda guestimated about 100-120 at the beginning of Enforce's set...

The venue's orright, but what's with the sound? It was freaking terrible for most of the bands...

yeah, i agree the mix was very fuckn muddy, i dont think having a mix desk, and position, way above the stage level and the front of house is adequate at all. plus its so far away.
Heaps of frequency smashing seemed like the issue really. Pretty easy fixed.